Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TALONS CC IS BLOCKABLE! Thanks ZOS!

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only reason I still play my DK is because I want to get Grand Overlord (5 mil to go).
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Only reason I still play my DK is because I want to get Grand Overlord (5 mil to go).

Pre grtz. but.. dont just come looking to me for AP.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HELLO ZOS DEVS ARE YOU ALIVE? BLINK ONCE FOR YES TWICE FOR... WAIT

Please for the love of god just confirm whether or not this is intended so we can all decide whether or not to abandon our DKs.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Please for the love of god just confirm whether or not this is intended so we can all decide whether or not to abandon our DKs.
    Devs used Block on your appeals, it's super effective!
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

would you please tell us whether or not this was intended?
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

Devs used Block on your appeals, it's super effective!

*spams appeal*
    Eventually they will run out of stamina...
    Edited by hammayolettuce on September 19, 2015 7:49PM
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    one day after all these nerfs/changes/things gone south....there will be only 11 people left playing/discussing nerfs and imbalances, while the rest of us moved on.

and a moderator will still come in and say " tsk tsk , you know the rules you ....11 people..." " get along ..."
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm am not a genie! :D

I normally make a point to not post in summons threads (future summoners take note!),
    Darlgon wrote: »
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait so I can roll the dice someone at ZOS happens to drop by a thread on their busy day, or I can try and summon someone for a critical issue and intentionally be ignored? What the heck kind of choice is that?

People summon you guys because they feel a critical issue exists. Having a policy to ignore critical issues from your playerbase seems like a bad idea to me. While you may avoid having to post in the thread, every player that stops by the thread and reads it will see critical issues being ignored and leave with a sour taste in their mouth. That is the inevitable outcome of this policy. This thread has 4.2k views, that is your audience. I get that you guys want isolation from us crazy people, but why not take the opportunity and show 4,200 players that you care about your player base rather than show them that their concerns don't interest you. Everyone of those people are valuable players that either pay a sub or purchase the DLCs.
    Edited by Armitas on September 20, 2015 11:34AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let us see what tomorrows patch says. Anyone like to take a guess?

I'll start,

"Portrait in Skywatch bank is now no longer at a slant"
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seriously Snu <3

Honestly, DK feels so lost as a class. Its manageable because it's got some great class skills and ultimates.... You can still play it, but there just seems to be no place to thrive for Magicka DK in PVP.

You have no reliable class gap closer. So run S&B or just hustle your chunky a$$ to that sorc.
    You're forced into melee range as all your damage abilities are within 8 meters. Guess you could use reflect but you're gonna have to use it a lot as it only reflects 4.
    Your class heal has decided it does not want to heal you anymore. Run resto or gtfo & diaf.
    You can do some damage, but you have to partially spec for tankiness to survive this environment, so your damage is lackluster against anyone who has been playing the game longer than 5 minutes.
    You can't permablock, or really any amount of block for any amount of time. So the hoards of people around you just swallow you whole because.....
    **You have no escape**, except mist form which now is targetable without tab, and clearly displays where you are with an alliance indicator above your head to boot.
    Once you engage in combat, it's YOLO till the death.

On top of everything, your talons can now be blocked, lol. Like ZOS has made it so hard to solo and so easy to QQ.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    People summon you guys because they feel a critical issue exists. Having a policy to ignore critical issues from your playerbase seems like a bad idea to me. While you may avoid having to post in the thread, every player that stops by the thread and reads it will see critical issues being ignored and leave with a sour taste in their mouth.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That right there is so very true.

i do not play this game any longer , i do read /posts on the forums.....( a small glimmer of hope ) but i have to agree that , when someone new comes along, and searches the forums, there are many issues not being addressed .

i see a Z near a post, and think, it finally happened, someone got a response......only to find out its some mod doing his/her
    behavioral therapy course credits on us. we need more communication , its just part of the deal! you already see what happens when YOU DONT ANSWER, try the other approach for a bit....basic
    Edited by Avonna on September 20, 2015 5:16PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Wait so I can roll the dice someone at ZOS happens to drop by a thread on their busy day, or I can try and summon someone for a critical issue and intentionally be ignored? What the heck kind of choice is that?

People summon you guys because they feel a critical issue exists. Having a policy to ignore critical issues from your playerbase seems like a bad idea to me. While you may avoid having to post in the thread, every player that stops by the thread and reads it will see critical issues being ignored and leave with a sour taste in their mouth. That is the inevitable outcome of this policy. This thread has 4.2k views, that is your audience. I get that you guys want isolation from us crazy people, but why not take the opportunity and show 4,200 players that you care about your player base rather than show them that their concerns don't interest you. Everyone of those people are valuable players that either pay a sub or purchase the DLCs.
    Dat customer service spec tho.
    Jules wrote: »
    You have no reliable class gap closer. So run S&B or just hustle your chunky a$$ to that sorc.
    Gap close with most form, duh.
    You're forced into melee range as all your damage abilities are within 8 meters. Guess you could use reflect but you're gonna have to use it a lot as it only reflects 4.
    Working as intended, you're supposed to flap faster to achieve maximal lift for flight.
    Your class heal has decided it does not want to heal you anymore. Run resto or gtfo & diaf.
    You're supposed to run the 'creative use of game mechanics' build like those 2 EP sorcs.
    You can do some damage, but you have to partially spec for tankiness to survive this environment, so your damage is lackluster against anyone who has been playing the game longer than 5 minutes.
    You're supposed to switch to stam and put WB on 1 sec macro because skillzors.
    You can't permablock, or really any amount of block for any amount of time. So the hoards of people around you just swallow you whole because.....
    **You have no escape**, except mist form which now is targetable without tab, and clearly displays where you are with an alliance indicator above your head to boot.
    Once you engage in combat, it's YOLO till the death.
    You're supposed to wear Black Rose so that you can keep - oh wait that was DELETED FROM THE GAME, LMAO.
    On top of everything, your talons can now be blocked, lol. Like ZOS has made it so hard to solo and so easy to QQ.
    But that's the grand beauty of it all, ppl are supposed to stop blocking now because ZOS wants to remove it from the game, therefore you aren't supposed to notice the talons nerf. All your QQ tells ZOS is that they need to make blocking have negative stam regen. :lol:
    Edited by Teargrants on September 20, 2015 5:36PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The change to Talons now being blockable was intended; apologies for the undocumented change. That said, we are considering reverting this change in a future patch to make it not blockable again. What do you guys think?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The change to Talons now being blockable was intended; apologies for the undocumented change. That said, we are considering reverting this change in a future patch to make it not blockable again. What do you guys think?

Gina, this is a HUGE nerf to a class that has already been nerfed into oblivion.

Read the thread which is already 6 pages long. That will tell you what people think: Revert the change.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The change needs to be reverted next patch.. as in the next one coming next week.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magicka sorcerer, please give the poor DKs back their Talons. I feel so bad for them.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    As a magicka sorcerer, please give the poor DKs back their Talons. I feel so bad for them.

Agreed. The change to ult generation and the scales nerf were pretty much sufficient. Any further nerfs to the DK class seem cruel at this point.

But the biggest problem is that this represents an inconsistent design philosophy. Either ALL Root/Immobilizes should be unblockable or they should all be blockable.

Tweaking skills on a case by case basis is terrible for game balance and frustrating for everyone. Roots are a great counter to blockers, dodge rollers and invisible enemies, zergs, as well as being VITAL to PvE tanking for Crowd control. Some PvE enemies do block, (like the keep guards). They should remain unblockable.

Revert Talon change.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on September 21, 2015 4:20PM
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is really fun to troll these threads and watch them cry. Funny, I don't recall any DKs coming to our defense regarding BE.

Lel, you want me to defend BE when the fact that you could bolt out of any root made talons useless in the first place? Just get out.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for responding Gina. The mood of the magicka DK right now is pretty bad. A quick search through the forums will reveal that. Right now you guys should be talking with people on how to recover the DK, not nerfiing it without provocation. I urge you guys Investigate the player feedback on the DK because it is far worse than you realize.
    Edited by Armitas on September 21, 2015 4:48PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is really fun to troll these threads and watch them cry. Funny, I don't recall any DKs coming to our defense regarding BE.

Lel, you want me to defend BE when the fact that you could bolt out of any root made talons useless in the first place? Just get out.

If roots prevented the use of BE would you support a revert to that nerf? I'm all for having more counters and less nerfs.

I even argued against the scales nerf if they put an offensive purge skill in the game.

But enough of that, lets not derail the thread.

Revert Talons change.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on September 21, 2015 4:27PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for responding Gina.

I would like to point out, the undocumented change for blocking Fear isn't working.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for responding.

I would LOVE to know the lack of logic behind making a GROUND AOE blockable. Can I now block AoE Lightning, Fire and Fear? How about making them REFLECT with my flappy flaps? I mean, it works with Meteor.
    Edited by Darlgon on September 21, 2015 4:36PM
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If roots prevented the use of BE would you support a revert to that nerf? I'm all for having more counters and less nerfs.

I even argued against the scales nerf if they put an offensive purge skill in the game.

But enough of that, lets not derail the thread.

Revert Talons change.

I wouldn't support that type of nerf to BE because I understand sorcs need that mobility, I do however support the the cost increase stacking. That guy I was responding too is here trolling the forums and said he wont support us because we didn't support sorcs when the cost was increased on BE, yet I'm sure each DK here was effected by a similar and even harsher change to blocking.

But you're right, let's not derail this.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think, like others have already said, that the root should not be blockable. The damage can be blockable still. I run this in a group PvP set up mainly for the root, not the damage. Making it blockable really gives me no reason to use it at all now seeing that many people still block cast.

Thanks for reading!
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now we have a direct portal to ZOS's attention. Let's make the best use of it, and be on our best behavior.
    Edited by Armitas on September 21, 2015 7:23PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now we have a direct portal to ZOS's attention. Let's make the best use of it.

BRING OUT THE LIST!
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now we have a direct portal to ZOS's attention. Let's make the best use of it.

PFT.. one comment does not a direct line make, much less portal to ZoS.

Portal%20to%20Nowhere.jpg
    Edited by Darlgon on September 21, 2015 4:50PM
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭

I think that developers don't play DK, so they don't know how they *** them nerf after nerf.
  • MudcrabsRus
    MudcrabsRus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes !!!!! Please fix, no more DK nerfs for the love of god