The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TALONS CC IS BLOCKABLE! Thanks ZOS!

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Wait until people can reflect it like they do with cripple :trollface:

AoE dots, roots etc. shouldn't be blockable in my opinion, and the dot should be applied in all situations.
    I'd just wish for a short immunity against roots once you break them..

Basically what you are saying is you want 1.5 back :P
    Where you could pretty much permablock in heavy armor but there were a host of abilities like DoTs and AoEs that were damaging your health directly. I can get behind this but they would have to un-nerf block and they are too pigheaded to do that.

Well this Talons bug is the one Cyrodiil deserves, but not the one it needs right now. Can I ask for a bug that Shield Breaker set does 2.3k un-resistible damage to the attackers HP, rather than the victims :P
    EU | PC | AD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »
    What about encase?

Encase is not blockable. This is because encases primary effect is the root. Talons primary effect is it´s inital dmg which can be blocked. For every blocked primary effect the secondary effects no longer apply (the case for the root component of talons).

Edit: Also talons has been blockable since 2.1 was on pts - you guys did not notice this earlier? I mean that kinda shows how much of a nonissue this is/was?
    Edited by Derra on September 15, 2015 8:00AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    What about encase?

Encase is not blockable. This is because encases primary effect is the root. Talons primary effect is it´s inital dmg which can be blocked. For every blocked primary effect the secondary effects no longer apply (the case for the root component of talons).

Edit: Also talons has been blockable since 2.1 was on pts - you guys did not notice this earlier? I mean that kinda shows how much of a nonissue this is/was?
    Kinda hard to notice when just about no one blocked on pts.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who constantly lived inside DK Talons, I approve of this change. You may now begin the hate.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talons is blockable since pts. But good the dks noticed it. But lets scream Ninja nerf :/
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    What about encase?

Kinda hard to notice when just about no one blocked on pts.

Irony? Everyone tested their perma block builds. It was the first thing our DK said.

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    OMG!
    Talons op!
    I like it, no more insane 600 burning dmg over 4 seconds!
    Thanks ZOS
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Talons is blockable since pts. But good the dks noticed it. But lets scream Ninja nerf :/

Schh ZoS might still buff us as a compensation. Dont let them know we already knew!
    :]
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about encase?

I noticed something was off, but never attributed it to blocking. It was still obvious it wasn't working when it should have just not why it wasn't working.
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2015 10:21AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    top kek
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a second though, all those guys I tried to root probably not had maneuver/shuffle/rally/whatever skill on them to make them immune... :neutral:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not a big difference, just a rubbish one
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Wait until people can reflect it like they do with cripple :trollface:

But it already is reflectable, and it's been responsible for thousands of fall damage deaths all across Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Isbilen on September 15, 2015 1:04PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Nightblade that loves Shadow Cloak, but being able to block Talons is just ridiculous.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't they do the same to Daedric mines..petrify, if you're going to start making petty changes to skills might as well just do them all
    Edited by Lamiai on September 15, 2015 2:30PM
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would at least like them to confirm if it is a bug or intended.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    intended bug
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would at least like them to confirm if it is a bug or intended.
    They are busy with the console IC release now.

Because I can!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agony and cripple are both blockable and do ZERO damage when blocked. Welcome to the club DK's. Oh wait you guys still have fossilize. Membership revoked.

The fact that you use Agony instead of Aspect of Terror is all that needs to be said about the relevance of your comment.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nevermind this post
    Edited by Isbilen on September 15, 2015 4:45PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More nerfs? Meh.

Still me and Stone Fist versus the world.
    Edited by Ghostbane on September 15, 2015 3:15PM
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vortexman11 Quinya is still on Thornblade, lets do some testing. I need to know if the choking talons debuff to still applied when they block. If not, it really screws up my LA DK build, I rely on the choking talons damage reduction in solo and group play for survival.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    @vortexman11 Quinya is still on Thornblade, lets do some testing. I need to know if the choking talons debuff to still applied when they block. If not, it really screws up my LA DK build, I rely on the choking talons damage reduction in solo and group play for survival.
    When you test the damage on block can you also test it on a damage shield? I was also wondering about the healing debufs on block and on a damage shield.
    Because I can!
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    MmmmTofu wrote: »
    so what is the problem here?
    They fixed some problem with cloak but somehow managed to make roots blockable?

They just nerfed one of the DK's defining skills. They've been nerfing it over and over since release, it shouldn't be a surprise.

My question is this: You could always roll dodge out of talons, why did they have to make it blockable?

^^^Prolly because "WHAAAAAA, I'm a sorc and shield breaker gear already kills me and I have no stam...Whaaaaaaa"
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because bombard is blockable too and agony and cripple. so why not talons?

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Met a nightblade this morning that did nothing but block, like absolutely nothing but block while his whole group died in front of him. As he was the last one I had to kill I took the opportunity to try choking talons on him. It didn't work, he blocked it, along with every opportunity to help his group. I don't know if he was maimed or not but he definitely blocked the CC.

If you are going to test shield can you see if nord mit works on it, it did on one build in the pts but I haven't checked since then. I am hoping it is still on there because I am not getting any nord mit on the damage overflow from shield. I get my armor mitigation and nothing more. (overflow bug appears to be fixed)
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2015 4:38PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we please get a comment on this? Everyone is freaking out.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about encase?

I didn't notice because I stopped playing my DKs.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we please get a comment on this? Everyone is freaking out.

UlGdtIPHpOYQo.gif
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are any of you even reading the OP? Talon's ROOT is blockable. The ability itself, like all other abilities that do damage and root, is blockable in the sense that you can reduce the damage taken from the initial cast. The problem with Talon's right now is the root isn't even applying itself if the initial cast is blocked and the DoT damage can be reduced to zero, also stated in the OP.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION