Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Shields are getting changed to be critted

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Was just announced on the Live Stream
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really can't understand what is going on in ZOS' minds. Several of the shields in game are already poor on live now, crap in the current version on the PTS and will be entirely useless with this change.

The real issue is and always has been shield stacking. So why on earth will they not simply remove stacking and then adjust the various shields as necessary ?

There doesn't seem to be any logic behind the current strategy of balancing the shields between each other and it's clearly not working.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real issue is certain shields scaling off magicka vs health.

This is one of those Blanket changes that will probably hurt most shields...then again since most shields are crap anyway it might not really matter
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS being ZOS. No surprise.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now all they gotta do is stop the stacking.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they know how to do that
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    The threshold needed to stop the crit overflow damage bug will be unobtainable now. Heals or go home it seems.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The real issue is and always has been shield stacking. So why on earth will they not simply remove stacking and then adjust the various shields as necessary ?

This. Remove stacking of different shields and leave the single shields alone. Someone who only uses one shield can barely keep it up as is, if you make them crittable....well...I dunno what to say...will be a bad decision.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All good. They should allow shields to crit when cast, as well, for 150% the normal shield value.

Should go both ways.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ? Did they say that ? Well.... good night Sorc, good night damage shields.
    Hello Nightblade and Magicka DK overpowered damage
    Edited by Dracane on July 31, 2015 9:45PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH is coming for his brothers in robes. Justice will be served.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

I promise, will be starting 100 threads if this really happens !
    Outrageous change, outrageous. I never expected them to do this. I think I reroll another class

ZoS, then remove the shield nerf please
    Edited by Dracane on July 31, 2015 9:47PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good. They should allow shields to crit when cast, as well, for 150% the normal shield value.

Should go both ways.

Yup. ;)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Outrageous change, outrageous. I never expected them to do this. I think I reroll another class

100 threads to praise the glory of FENGRUSH!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100 threads to praise the glory of FENGRUSH!

What ? I don't even know you. But as long as you fight for Sorcs, you're a friend I suppose.
    Nothing else matters :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord.

Blazing Shield / Radiant Ward are already off my bar in PvP.

So I guess this will put them out of mind as well.
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Finally something about shields is being done!
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am curious to see what happens if you block behind the ward. Will that stop crits on the shield or not? And what of overflow damage? If the shield is critically hit, does the crit overflow on to your HP bar even if you are blocking?

So many things to test.

To be honest I think that is a good change as a sorc. Not sure if it's the best choice, but it's better than it currently is.

I would have preferred the removal of shield stacking and a the damage rebuff moved to 40% (keeping shields as they are). Currentlyyou can still stack too big shields against magicka builds. Sorc vs Sorc will still be unending fight.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hallelujah!!! That's the best news I've heard for quite some time :-D
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This makes my re-roll of night blade and templar justified.

With this change light armor is dead for any class, its simply not viable at all unless you want to die.

You can't be a caster in light armor, heaven forbid you have a damage shield and dont die in one hit.

Without a damage shield all light armor users are naked in spell resist or physical resist against anyone with a sharpened weapon and even more so with a few point in spell erosion or piercing.

Your damage shields already have no armor or spell resist and now the can be crit? Pointless lol

The worst part is this screws templar more then anyone and they are already being miffed. Pathetic.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Specs should feel honored. Zos is going really far to get around directly nerfing them. It is pretty amazing really.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your damage shields already have no armor or spell resist and now the can be crit? Pointless lol

indeed.For Auri-El's sake, if people have so many problems with shields, then nerf it a bit and decrease the value. But this change is too much. Nightblade gotta love this change.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    They probably simply don't have codewriters skilled enough to remove shield stacking, so they do what ZOS does and completely wreck shields to become useless skills.

This is a 50% direct nerf to shields, and with damage overflow being unmitigated because of a bug they again don't have skilled enough codewriters to fix, it will destroy anyone using a shield.
    Edited by Zsymon on July 31, 2015 10:18PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shields insanely OP on PTS. So much combining, but this is needed.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

+1
    I am pretty sure that most of the people who are wiring here have never tested in PTS. Shields rules. Their nerf is actually 5% because all the damage was reduced too. But there is no more dodge no more block and really low heal (at least GDB and rally). If you do not have shields you are an easy kill.
    Because I can!
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

All the overflow damage after hitting a shield, is delivered to the target 100% unmitigated. Even if we'd wear heavy armor, it wouldn't help us at all. They need to fix that bug before implementing this massive nerf. Combine this with how easy it is to get 60%, 70% even 100% crit chance.
    Edited by Zsymon on July 31, 2015 10:23PM
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agent-smith-laughing-o.gif

P.S. can't wait to see all the threads sorcs are going to start.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So, let me get this right. In response to them nerfing your class, you threaten them with rerolling, a guarantee of 100's of hours of your playtime?

Will you buy leveling scrolls to make it go by faster to? Don't forget to threaten them with that also!
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes my re-roll of night blade and templar justified.

With this change light armor is dead for any class, its simply not viable at all unless you want to die.

You can't be a caster in light armor, heaven forbid you have a damage shield and dont die in one hit.

Without a damage shield all light armor users are naked in spell resist or physical resist against anyone with a sharpened weapon and even more so with a few point in spell erosion or piercing.

The worst part is this screws templar more then anyone and they are already being miffed. Pathetic.

So many people who are good (?) at PvP don't get this it's amazing.

Ask them, how is a sorc supposed to survive?, I'm curious what they'd say.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Another thread says they are 'considering' doing this. I'll have to watch a replay and find out.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And Fengrush arrives to find nobody but nightblades because everyone else left.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)