Post-QuakeCon Q&A Thread (7/31)

• exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    1. Are bleeds and dots in general going to be getting an overhaul? They have far to many counters in the form of heals, purge, damage shields purging and granting immunity, and blocking halving their damage. A large selection of monsters are immune to bleeding. Axe also suffers from decreasing DPS to gain bleed ticks due to how the delay and the reapplication work.

2. What is ZOS's vision for stamina sorcerers?

3. Will dual wield being seeing a rework? Two handed weapons have a definite purpose and function, while duel wield does not and lags behind because of it. Blade cloak and hidden blade remain underwhelming. Flurry is still slow. Twin slashes still has issues due to bleed mechanics.
    Edited by exiledtyrant on July 29, 2015 5:51PM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any update as to future UI improvements and plans for additional options & functionality? While on the PC it is an annoyance to use addons (between some people seeing excessive performance hits from them, crashing, and simply updating them constantly) for a variety of reasons as well as simply not being as well-integrated as native toggles, consoles do not have that option, and some items that used to be available in-game such as overhead customizable nameplates and guild tags (seen here from early ESO footage: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/183978/i-went-on-an-archaeology-expedition-on-my-hard-drive-and-found-the-long-lost-oft-demanded-true-ui ) remain unavailable by any means in-game.

For consoles, nearly everything is a major wishlist item, including the chat box (perhaps a mid-way and intuitive compromise might be for it to appear in the bottom-center of your screen when in your inventory, and having it automatically tuck itself back away once you close your bags?) and for many what are essentials such as a combat log. With the more recent information about optional Scrolling Combat Text and Buff/Debuff indicators & timers being slated for implementation in a future patch (and the API restrictions being relaxed on the PC for the Imperial City DLC in the meantime to allow addons to do the job for now), and growing community acceptance of settings/preferences for the UI, my question is:

Has any decision been made as to when we might (or won't) expect to see further UI options added beyond the currently announced toggleable buff/debuff info & scrolling combat text, or are they under discussion currently? Key desired features include general QoL improvements to the UI (usability such as mail replying, guild store sales mails informing you of what was sold and when, toggling the large parchment border that surrounds the entire gameplay camera off or on, etc.) and community-enhancing toggles like overhead nameplates with titles and a represented guild (by using a dropdown list similar to your title that allows you to select a guild to represent on that nameplate).

Other interests include the return of the optional DAOC-style "death spam" channel in Cyrodiil and the Imperial City which when enabled gave a nice sense of action and activity in PVP, seeing a basic message color-coded to indicate which faction did the killing, and showing basic resource/keep updates and captures.

An additional question I have is regarding PVP leaderboard scoring: will we see any modifiers applied to the rankings, such as time played/logged into PVP areas including Cyrodiil and the Imperial City, rather than raw point totals, to help add more of a skill basis to them?

Also, what about non-score-related, but enjoyable and fun statistics such as the "I remain standing" score from DAOC (your earnings divided by deaths, and I'd like to have that then adjusted by time logged in), basic kills/deaths, killblows, healing dealt, damage dealt, resources/keeps taken, scrolls taken, etc. all filterable by time period for the current day, the prior day ("yesterday"), week, current campaign, and lifetime? For anything not affecting scoring, an optional "hidden" preference may be a potential setting to allow for with these additions.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 20, 2015 12:27PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    So many Great Questions! But where are the Great Answers?!? I cant wait to hear back about all the amazing stuff ZOS is doing. This game is already amazing and the talk sounds amazing.
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will the crafting tier, and associated new materials, to be introduced in IC be permanently exclusive to that zone and DLC? Or will they be available for open-world collection/refining at some later point? (e.g. as part of the planned Wrothgar expansion)
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you consider introducing a passive that allows morphs to be stamina based or magicka based (taking the passive would enable the alternate from the default) instead of consistently taking away from one or the other?

Neither stamina based characters, nor magicka based characters should lose morph options to suit the other.

One (morphable) passive would remedy this:
    • Base passive: Skills based on the original attribute or larger of the two resources.
    • Morph1: All skills based on magicka.
    • Morph 2: All skills based on stamina.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    When will consoles get updates like pc gets, because we are not getting catered to at all,
    This game is amazing id just like to see some support for the $60 i paid and the $15 i pay a month

So my question is, when are we getting exp potions in the store and craftable, and
    Can we look forward to the consoles getting a fix to the game so we can communicate more with our guilds?
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you to those who shared questions with us in this thread. In fleshing out our live QuakeCon presentation, we've determined that in order to share all the information about the Imperial City DLC game pack and associated base-game patch that we would like to (which does include answering some of your questions), we will not have time to do a live Q&A at the same time. Instead, we will host a special live Q&A session with the four QuakeCon panel members on Friday, July 31st starting at 4PM EDT. Because this will be after Imperial City is on the PTS, we'll also be able to answer general gameplay questions as well.

(We're editing the title of this thread to reflect the change.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

Cheers for letting us know, will be nice to have a dedicated live Q&A session.

However my question is that if you know July 31st is post-PTS patch then the PTS will have 2.1.x drop within the next ten days, surely by now you must know a date of patch drop? It may be worth sharing that with us as a lot of people will require several days in order to download the PTS.

Giving us a day of notice just isn't acceptable this time around and given how you are so certain you must have a date decided already.

Could you possibly release this date?

Cheers!
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you to those who shared questions with us in this thread. In fleshing out our live QuakeCon presentation, we've determined that in order to share all the information about the Imperial City DLC game pack and associated base-game patch that we would like to (which does include answering some of your questions), we will not have time to do a live Q&A at the same time. Instead, we will host a special live Q&A session with the four QuakeCon panel members on Friday, July 31st starting at 4PM EDT. Because this will be after Imperial City is on the PTS, we'll also be able to answer general gameplay questions as well.

Q&A is delayed?

11356000_1650091025225237_1439145073_n.jpg
    Edited by Gyudan on July 20, 2015 9:19PM
    Wololo.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Paulington wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

Cheers for letting us know, will be nice to have a dedicated live Q&A session.

However my question is that if you know July 31st is post-PTS patch then the PTS will have 2.1.x drop within the next ten days, surely by now you must know a date of patch drop? It may be worth sharing that with us as a lot of people will require several days in order to download the PTS.

Giving us a day of notice just isn't acceptable this time around and given how you are so certain you must have a date decided already.

Could you possibly release this date?

Cheers!

We don't yet have a date locked in for when the Imperial City patch will hit PTS, but it is looking very good for "before the 31st." Our internal QA team still needs to do some testing. Based on how that testing goes, we'll have a better idea of what the exact date is, which we're eager to share (promise!)

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Desimator
    Desimator
    ✭✭
    Are there any plans to expand crafting to include crafting jewelery items and the possibility of being able to research new sets one piece at a time in order to be able to craft a wider array of gear?
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the updates, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ! Can't wait.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our internal QA team still needs to do some testing.

This is REALLY exciting news!!!

You actually have QA testing now?!?!

You're not just pretending like you have since since Beta?

This may be one of the actual signs of the Apocalypse...

Gotta run, I think I can hear the four horseman approaching >:)
    Options
  • simena9292
    When will you add text chat option on consoles? It needs it really bad..
    Options
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭

That's even better!

Hope most of our questions will be able to be answered in that case as it should hopefully mean more time for the Q&A itself, haha. Really wish I could be there, though! There is always next year, I suppose. :)
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all of the content that is now in the Imperial City, does ZOS plan on adding more content to it in the future?

Horse racing?

Will we ever be able to dye the belts of guild tabards??

Are there plans to increase the max veteran rank higher than veteran rank 16?

What would be considered the toughest boss in the Imperial City?

Are there any future plans for guild content?

Spellcrafting?

Are we still getting the actual Undaunted style motif that was shown last year at Quake Con?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on July 21, 2015 8:46AM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really @Nighn_9 ???

Agree with @Paulington although as usual, EU is after NA - so I'll guess we'll be ok over here. Let you guy's beta it for a bit ready for us EU'ers to join :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    What we expect future updates?
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll echo a couple of other people here: Veteran Ranks, are they here to stay or go? We all thought they were on their way out but then we're given 2 extra levels with the new content...

Secondly, will a stricter death penalty be introduced to leaderboard-specific PvE content? At the minute it's purely based on time, which is somewhat boring and doesn't promote careful play and strategy.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
    Options
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you have ruled out an Auction House, are you going to look at how trading works in the game and improve the current system.

The Current system allows for Large estabilished Trade Guilds to monopolise the market, this excludes the majority of the player base from actually trading. In recent polls on the forum, show that only a small percentage are happy with the current system (I would suggest that most are in large trading guilds!), so the community is crying out for a change.

This has always been a hot topic since launch, which goes to show the feeling regarding this one issue.

Personally I would prefer the Auction House, but as this has been ruled out, I would like to see the opportunity to post my wares at any of the Guild traders, so the guild in control get the commission but I'm still able to sell things I find. (As I can't currently unless I belong to one of the big guilds.)
    Options
  • Nergie4242
    Nergie4242
    ✭✭✭
    When will text chat on consoles be implemented?

You give me a chat box ZOS and I'll start giving you my money again.
    Options
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any more detail on plans to address PVP unbalance caused by the growing CP gap?
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    With regards to TV stones:

TV stones are shared between a group for a boss kill (e.g. 4 people in group, 40 stones from boss, 10 stones each). What if there are multiple groups attacking the same enemy? Is it the group that lands the killing blow that solely gets the stones? Basically, could a sneaky player stand in the distance waiting for a 4-man squad to bring a boss or mob's health low to then Jesus Beam them for the killing blow and run off with 4-40 stones for zero effort?
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there future plans to increase max veteran rank higher than veteran rank 16?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is happening with part 2 of the justice system is it still planned like spell crafting or essentially scrapped at this point?
    Options
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Simple Question: Jewelry crafting?!?!?!?! Any Updates on this????
    Edited by Petros on July 21, 2015 4:10PM
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
    Options
  • BdCHighVoltage
    rolling a NB healer on PS4, so i'll appreciate an HUD where i can see my HoT spells countdown
    Options
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I know race change was briefly mentioned in an ESO Live episode but are there any plans for a character re-customization feature which could potentially be up in the Crown Store sooner?

We invest so much into our characters and over time, our play styles with them change. It would be nice to have the ability to change our characters' appearances to better reflect our ever evolving heroes.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will damage numbers be added to the console version UI its really needed for console PVPers who are trying to make a good PVP build.
    Options