Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Post-QuakeCon Q&A Thread (7/31)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
We’ll be back at QuakeCon this year with a new panel! Members of the team will be discussing what you can look forward to in our Imperial City DLC game pack, and we’ll be hosting a live Q&A afterwards. If you can’t make it to the show in Dallas, don’t worry. You can post your questions in this thread, and we’ll answer as many as we can. Be sure to watch the panel live on the official QuakeCon Twitch channel to see if your questions get answered!

Edit: The QuakeCon panel will begin on Friday, July 24th at 4:30pm CDT (5:30pm EDT).

Edit: The timing of this Q&A has slightly changed. Please see this post for details: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2047355/#Comment_2047355
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and thank you for taking the questions of us humble plebs!

Is there any interest there with the glorious dev team to get creative with Lycanthropy and Vampirism? I'm referring to cosmetic changes, Werebears, Werelions, cool fluff like that - maybe some new Vampire abilities like a summon Bloodfiend, Charm spell or something, anything that the talented dev team has considered!

So yeah, is there any interest there, possibly some stuff planned for the Lycanthropy and Vampirism within TESO:TU?

Moving on from my first question, I see that we may obtain collectibles with the Imperial City DLC; specifically pets, polymorphs and a costume.

I think this is really great and I felt inclined to bold the s because the significance of being more than one pet and polymorph within the Imperial City DLC is as Kormac would say; glorious!

So my question; multiple pets, polymorphs and costumes, is this something we should expect to be included in DLC in the future? I'm excited for Clockwork City and Mephala's Realm, so this question shall hopefully only make me more excited for Mephala goodies!

Thanks again for allowing us to post questions and we wish you all a great Quakecon 2015!
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
    Options
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anything you can tell us about Player Housing being added into the game?

Thank you!
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please answer all the questions here you just ignored over the last year?
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Any plans to implement a more robust player/developer feedback system as it concerns the growth and evolution of ESO over the coming years? I'm still fairly new to the ESO universe (been playing since March), and it's my main concern as a new player. Considering this is a game I could invest a lot of time and money into...it would be reassuring to know it's heading in a direction that both developers and players are happy and passionate about.

With that said, THANK YOU :smile: for creating this really cool IC DLC! Can't wait to jump into it and have some more fun in ESO.

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback (to include "wish list" ideas). Currently it seems like a lot of invaluable player feedback is buried in the forums and therefore lost to ZOS's eyes. One approach ZOS could take to address this would be to keep the forums, but also create a specific webpage on the official ESO website which they use to gather player feedback on the game. This would be THE webpage for players to visit to provide feedback on how they would like to see ESO grow, evolve, and generally just improve in the years to come. To kick start the initiative ZOS could maintain a weekly poll on the webpage that lists the top ~30 enhancements that players are asking for. Forum members would be able to rank their top ~10 items on this list on a weekly basis, and have a method to submit new ideas. The weekly poll could be divided into 3 sub-categories of PvP, PvE, and General (e.g. UI updates). As a part of this process it would be really cool if ZOS could rank (or at least comment on) the viability of incorporating an idea from the player "wish list" into the game.
    Edited by wildbear247 on July 16, 2015 4:09PM
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My most pressing question comes from concerns of both myself and a large number of pvp players and pve ones that I have spoken to. I made a post about it but while virtually every other question was addressed, big or small, this has yet to be.

I'm excited to have seen the official Imperial City announcement. In it, there is mention of quite a few things coming in that should be fun. But, even though PVE areas were specifically called out as having increased XP gain, what about the XP gain from killing enemy players in PVP (Cyrodiil, Imperial City, etc.)? The imperial city sounds great, but I sincerely hope the only good way to level in there isn't killing mobs and avoiding pvp :) Also will the 100% gain to experience in public dungeons include the imperial city sewers for mob and player kills since it is designated as a "pvp public dungeon"?

The divide in XP earnings for vet ranks and champ ranks is so big right now, that I feel we need no less than triple the XP per kill of an enemy player to even come close to bringing it up to par. This is a big deal as doing PVP or trials at this time is essentially none. With so many PVE elements included in the PVP Imperial City zone, I'm concerned having not heard anything about player kill XP being raised in tandem. The last thing anyone here wants to see is for the City to open up and everyone runs off to grind sewers mobs because killing other players in there is an obstacle, not a goal :(.

Finally, it was talked about that v15/16 gear will require materials from the City to craft, and come off of NPC enemies. Are these obtainable from rewards for the worthy mail bags from PVP'ing, after deconstructing items within them?

The XP gap for champion leveling already currently strictly penalizes players for participating in pvp due to how little it provides, and leveling through normal character levels and veteran ranks is excruciatingly slow to do that way. What plans are in place for the Imperial City DLC and base game patch to make not only leveling in pvp viable, but a good way to do so? Finally, what is being done to bring pvp experience sources for VR16 characters up to par or better than pve mob grinding given that it is currently far, far slower and tougher to earn XP in inherently due to a much higher difficulty and action in cyrodiil being spike by nature, to help prevent a further gap between pve and pvp focused players in champion progression, and ensure the large number of people who enjoy both? As one among that number, I feel and notice I am drastically lowering my progression when I go to fight in the cyrodiil war.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long as the Imperial City been in production, and is the time it took for this DLC to launch the expected time for other DLCs down the line?
    Options
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will people be able to teleport to the new instanced PvE dungeons without needing to enter Cyrodiil or the Imperial city first?

For instance, if I am in glenumbra at say level 40, and I find 3 other people that are near level 40 in glenumbra, could we all instantly teleport into one of the two new PvE dungeons, or do we have to go into Cyrodiil and hope that our alliance has access to the city?
    Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the date and time this Event is supposed to take place?
    Options
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Hello and thank you for taking the questions of us humble plebs!

Come up for air sometimes.

Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

Options
  • Slonekb05
    Slonekb05
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of these in DLC patch or future updates?

Addition of Base PVP campaigns?- meaning Armor/lv/CP make no difference, only the abilities you have on your skill bar and player skill matter. All players scaled to lv 50 with same stats.

Controlled PVP? Arena of some kind that you can queue up and have 1v1 -4v4 battles.

Instance delvs/dungeons? (read below)

Difficulty options? (read below)

Summary: First off i love the game, having said that there are some issues.This post is only commenting on LV's 1-50, I'm not Vet rank so i cannot comment personally on that yet, Please don't reply with "LV 1-50 is easy mode, it gets harder at Vet ranks!", (maybe it will, probably not though) I understand that and its part of my point, why do i have to wait so long for the game to pose a challenge?. Firstly the game's LV1-50 feels like a single player game with other players running around getting in your way. Right now what we have is a MMO with no need for other ppl. Outside of a group dungeon, the content is so easy its down right trivial, you don't ever "need" to group, so players just become annoying/unnecessary to come across. This lack of difficulty also makes you not even care about what your doing on a quest, you almost get the mentality of "well, lets just get this over with." A difficulty increase is needed so players are a welcomed site rather than a buzz kill ruining your dungeons. Lv 1-50 has so much good content but seems wasted because of this, I understand being able to Solo, but Solo everything with ease? if you want to go that direction, give us an option for instance delvs/dungeons. In fact ESO already has LV scaling/instances, in main story/group dungeons. Just needs expanded upon further.

1. PVE difficulty .
    This is a huge issue, while the story is good, the combat is no challenge at all. There is no reason to have to make tactical choices based on if your playing solo or in duo/group. You can slap any skills together with any base equipment and be a god(Example: able to kill 3-4mobs at a time that are 5 Lv's higher than you, Even able to kill 1-2 mobs at a time 15-20lvs higher). You need to be able to choose an option to level scale quests/dungeons/increase or decrease difficultly of quests, this will allow players to customize there own experience and would also make lower zones/quests worth while to all Lv's (There is the occasional good fight, which is what i would love to see a lot more of) Player's Gimping themselves by playing naked is not the answer, and should be a humongous red flag !

2. Adding Instance dungeons.
    Yes this is an MMO and you expect to see players roaming the world. But what ends up happening is you walk into a random dungeon and are met with 4 players already inside who have cleared the enemy's and boss away. I cant tell you how often i am in a duo with my brother and i say this phrase" Lets give it 3-4min, 4players just ran through" My suggestion is add an option so that each dungeon (All Dungeons/Delvs) that requires you to zone into them, Can be played Public (default) or in a Instance (solo/group). When You go to zone in it should prompt you with a choice.This option would also work in conjunction with the difficulty setting. Each player could scale a quest/delve to a higher or lower difficulty setting, accommodating everyone.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Slonekb05 on July 16, 2015 6:24PM
    Options
  • TheMavShow
    TheMavShow
    ✭✭
    I personally would love to sort of know the schedule that ZOS plans to release content, maybe not exact dates.. but possible every 6 months? Push ? Am I crazy?

Also, DARK BROTHERHOOD!!! FOR THE NIGHT MOTHER!
    InGame: Maevic
    V14 "Maevic" Nightblade ~ "Mavicorns" Templar ~ "Brighette Meiorra" Sorcerer
    Twitch Live Stream - Twitter - YouTube
    AnookProfile
    EmeraldEmpire (RPvP History)
    Maevic Bio
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that an instance where the community managers can respond more often/in detail about serious player questions with what the dev's have to say. Most of us hate hearing responses such as "it's too technical", just because a community manager can't understand the technical aspect doesn't mean that we as players can't. Any direct technical information the dev's can give us is GREATLY appreciated; b/c that's what we want to here every now and then! Start up a "DEV Corner" talk! At least for those of us interested in becoming dev's ourselves as many people are programmers in college.
    ALSO, it's OK to say "no, or not happening". Many times we get these "round-a-bout" corporate/lawyer speak terms & answers where we are left with "was that a yes or a no?". Please be more specific with something like "at this point in time, no"; much more of an appreciated & direct response that way.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A studio as small as ZOS and it's current management are barely equipped to handle the competitive, fast paced market of a multi-platform AAA mmo. This is evidenced in consistent missed/prolonged release dates, broken systems, persistent bugs and the inability to develop across multiple platforms in a timely fashion.

Is this the status quo, business as usual mentality that ESO consumers can expect from ZOS in 2016? The release of ESO:TU on consoles and the crown store sales undoubtedly brought in significant revenue for the company.....

Does ZOS have any plans to expand/hire more developers to speed up the development of content and bug fixes? or plan to adhere to any sort of content release schedule in the future?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything regarding a barber shop?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing?
    Spellcrafting?
    Dark Brotherhood?

When?
    Wololo.
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    How will the damage of the of Magicka Detonation scale in relation to players hit?
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the odds that new items displayed from the 2015 QuakeCon won't be released till after 2016 QuakeCon, similar to items from the 2014 QuakeCon?
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How are you balancing Imperial City - and future PvE content - based on players' Champion Points?

How do you avoid the problem of content becoming incredibly easy for players with tons of Champion Points, or content becoming too hard for players with very little (or none) of them? Is there going to be a specific Champion Point "level" for different encounters?
    E.g. casual dungeon 1 - balanced for 50 CPs, high-end Trial/Raid - balanced for 1600 CPs

If so, for what amount of Champion Points are the group/public dungeons & PvE in general balanced around in Imperial City?
    Options
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

When is ZOS going to realize consoles need text communication?
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
    Options
  • Sabaticus
    Sabaticus
    ✭✭
    Question:

Will there be Solo content not effected by PvP in Imperial City?

Options
  • Sabaticus
    Sabaticus
    ✭✭
    Question:

What are the plans for Solo Questing/content after completion of Cadwell's Gold?
    Edited by Sabaticus on July 16, 2015 11:49PM
    Options
  •  Shahzzam
    Shahzzam
    Soul Shriven
    Will the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood be added to PVE anytime in the future?
    X1 GamerTag: Shahzzam DC DragonKnight lvl42 Master Werewolf and AD Nightblade lvl23 Vampire
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the changes announced in Brian Wheeler's "PVP Update, June 2015" thread going to be implemented in the Imperial City Patch, or afterwards? Before?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Karoneth
    Karoneth
    ✭✭✭
    MrBeatDown wrote: »
    What is the date and time this Event is supposed to take place?

4:30 PM CT on Friday, July 24th is when the presentation begins at QuakeCon.
    Guildmaster, Brotherhood of Redemption [DC - NA - PvX - Moderate]
    http://eso.borguild.com/
    Options
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be player housing someday? My idea of a player house would be something like, farmland, or a large block somewhere in town where you can purchase a house, that you can either get small, medium, large or mansion. If you bought smaller ones, you can upgrade it's size with gold (not Crowns). Or you can buy a mansion out right straight away if you were rich. This would also work by phasing. So if another player is running to their farm land home for example, they will phase out and what they will see will be their own personal housing, land etc, where as i will see mine as my own. Also, have the option to invite other players to visit your homestead, and allow larger houses to house even more chests, that can be used as additional storage. These can be account wide, so all toons can contribute to the house or it can be per toon housing. That's up to you.

On our land, it would be nice to be able to plant a garden for herbs, and for vegetables. And when looting those daily, to allow the chance of obtaining epic ingredients for provisioning. So that will simply allow for other means of obtaining those rare mats that you would only get from hirelings and writs. That's just an idea. Also, to purchase a stables where we can feed our horses would be nice. Allow us to build our own homestead, and purchase furniture like you could in Skyrim. Perhaps even adding the feature of adopting children could make it feel even more like a family home, hire nannies to watch your children while you are off on your adventures. It will give us just that bit more content to have fun with, and it would make a perfect addition to those who do enjoy to Role Play as well.

Another quick idea also while im here is. Will there be any festive events in future? Similar to how LOTRO had their festives. It allowed a chance to get rare mounts, costumes etc. It would just add that much more to the game, and if many people are like me who loves to collect costumes and mounts and other goods, then this could be another sweet thing to see in ESO sometime in the future.
    Options
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Will there eventually be more races that a player can choose to play?
    Options
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed with the lack of involvement with Vampirism and Werewolves. Any chance that a story or long chain quest that leads to some daily events can be written for players who become vampires/werewolves? When you get bit and do the first quest, you get all excited, but once you are done, and you have your skill line, they kick you to the curb, so to speak and you never have any more dealings with them again. As a vampire, i would like to feel like i am part of their family. I would love to be able to go to a vampire dwelling and mingle with the other vampires there, which in turn many will give you quests that you can do for them. The same for werewolves as well.

And i would especially like a lot of involvement with The Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild where you build respect with them and you feel as though you are truly part of their movement. In order for these to happen though, a long chain quest that may branch off toward different endings etc leading to different dailies with them could really be the best thing ever. So your choices actually matter dramatically where the story ends up and if you screw up, you can do additional quests to win their favor for example. But make it be an on going thing with them. And regularly bring out fresh chain quests as time goes on. Every few months even, to have them need you for a completely different story. Keep your interactions with them alive. The mages and fighters guild was disappointing because there wasn't a whole lot to do with them, and if they could have had more things to do on the side or even after you completed the quest, it would have been awesome. There is so much potential to make ALL guilds part of your on-going ESO adventure, but please also consider doing something similar to vampire and werewolf cults too. You want to get to know the NPCs and know their story, you want to help them and befriend them for example. Its an RPG afterall, so in long term thinking, please keep these guilds alive so they don't get stale and offer players regular content updates for these guilds.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the changes announced in Brian Wheeler's "PVP Update, June 2015" thread going to be implemented in the Imperial City Patch, or afterwards? Before?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2033121/#Comment_2033121
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: When can we expect the next phase of FaceFX to roll-out for ESOTU? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44gn3RlYKyA
    Edited by Korozenn on July 17, 2015 8:35PM
    Options