Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Post-QuakeCon Q&A Thread (7/31)

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eric why is your balance methodology designed around making PVP take priority over PVE. For example, Radiant Destruction is vital to Magicka Templar PvE dps and it is not over performing in PvE, yet you did not hesitate to nerf it into the ground for the sake of PvP.

Edited by timidobserver on July 30, 2015 8:16PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question #3
    What thought process went into modifying the Argonian racial to warrant a 2% increase when drinking a potion? Can you share some of your logic and reasoning for why you feel Argonian racial's are on-par with other races, such as Imperials who get +10% max health and +12% max stamina.

Question #4
    From playing several hours of Imperial City, specifically district and sewer PvP combat, it really doesn't feel like there is a balance right now between different play styles. Damage, healing and shields have taken a big hit from the Battle Spirit buff, yet all other stats remain mostly untouched, making them seem significantly more valuable. Can you share some thoughts on how you feel the Cyrodiil battle spirit buff is working in relation to PvP and other stats, such as regen or reduce cost builds, and if you intend to make any significant changes in a PTS patch in the near future?

Question #5
    Imperial City mobs (speaking within the districts and sewers) play a significant role in PvP combat, too much in my opinion. There are essentially no places to fight (that I've seen) where it would be standard PvP with no NPC interaction. When you designed the districts and sewers what role did you see NPC mobs playing in terms of PvP combat - did you envision they were harmless and easy to ignore, or perhaps something players had to always be wary of? I'm thinking Molag Bal's forces needs to be hit with the Battle Spirit debuff (jokes) :smile:
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Imperial City ever evolve over time with updates in ESO? Or will it be static and new content will take priority over current DLC updates?
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
    Options
  • connor_worlineub17_ESO
    Is the Emperor going to be able to enter the Imperial City and use his abilities? It's be awesome if so. it also keep reason to be outside of the main City in Cyrodiil too.
    Options
  • connor_worlineub17_ESO
    As you have ruled out an Auction House, are you going to look at how trading works in the game and improve the current system.

The Current system allows for Large established Trade Guilds to monopolize the market, this excludes the majority of the player base from actually trading. In recent polls on the forum, show that only a small percentage are happy with the current system (I would suggest that most are in large trading guilds!), so the community is crying out for a change.

This has always been a hot topic since launch, which goes to show the feeling regarding this one issue.

Personally I would prefer the Auction House, but as this has been ruled out, I would like to see the opportunity to post my wares at any of the Guild traders, so the guild in control get the commission but I'm still able to sell things I find. (As I can't currently unless I belong to one of the big guilds.)

I'm in favor of the guild stores because it adds soo much more immersion than an auction house. But your idea of guild traders letting non-members trade in the store is a good Idea. It'd satisfy both worlds
    Options
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    When will we be seeing dueling or even dueling to the point that we can do 2v2 and 3v3 right there with friends and stuff i think that would be cool and when will we see spell crafting?
    Options
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    For the upcoming controller support, will it be able to identify last gen and third party controllers? I have yet to muster the cash to purchase a PS4 so a PS3 controller is my only option. While there are third party softwares for converting PS3 controller input to other formats, I would prefer not having to finnick with external software to get the ideal controller experience.

The ps4 controler is i mean like vet 1 to a vet 14 difference id say blowing the extra 60$ is the best 60$ you will ever spend on a ps4 controler
    Options
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »
    Is there going to be a limit to how many players can be online in each zone of the Imperial City content? If so, and that limit is reached, how are you going to handle the popularity of it?

They have stated that the cap amount of players in imp city will count twards the cyrodiil population cap of the entire campaign itself.

Better explaining: (just an example) if they pop. Cap. Is 2000 players and 300 are in imp city only 1700 can be outside the imp city. So the population cap still goes to the people in the campaign.

Sorry if i couldnt explain this well
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the new crafting materials (Colossus Ingots and so on) be required for Writs or are those going to continue to cap out with Voidstone/Shadowhide/etc.?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Forcebuster
    Forcebuster
    ✭✭
    I have a question regarding weapon enchants: the one that increases weapon damage or spell damage on your weapons, currently those buffs that come from these enchants don't stack with the buffs that come from sets for example: ravager proc and the weapon enchant proc cancel each other, and they can't be active together at the same time making these weapon damage enchants useless is this intended?
    Options
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with Spellcrafting? Is it still going to be a thing? We haven't heard anything substantial about it since the QuakeCon panel last year.
    Options
  • Asrien
    Asrien
    ✭✭
    I'm curious about whether it's been brought to your attention that a large number of players face frequent connection issues and crashes since the 2.0.14 update, because I haven't seen much mention of it here on the forum nor have I been able to report it via the game's tech support section (which crashes or fails to load when I try). I understand why you might not feel it's worth mentioning with the frequent patching, but the last patch made the game surprisingly unstable, and I'm concerned that it might remain this way or get worse on the next one. Are efforts being taken to make sure the game doesn't become less stable with patches leading up to and including the Imperial City update? This is a pretty big concern for a player who already experiences an almost constant PING of around 200 (Australia woo).
    Options
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    1. Fire and lightning magic is far more prevalent in ESO than ice magic. Outside of the few options available using the destruction staff line one would be hard pressed to develop a character that utilizes ice magic at all. Why is that?
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    Will console get text chat?
    Options
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't the Night Blade Shadow Cloak (and morphs) get a penalty for casting/using consistently or multiple times in a row like streak, dodge roll, block, etc? Are you planning on adding a penalty to Cloak to balance this power to be more inline with the rest?
    Edited by Sord on July 31, 2015 3:58PM
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
    Options
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    So, we've seen a couple special horse and senche mounts and it looks like there's another cool lookin' horse on the way. We got a neato Guar comin' any time soon?
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
    Options
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    After a week of testing and seeing people do pvp in the Imperial City what is your take on how the Battle Spirit Buff has effected pvp and are you planning on changing the Battle Spirit Buff to reflect what you have been noticing and players have been saying? If so what kind of changes can we expect to see to the PTS in the near future if any?
    Edited by Sord on July 31, 2015 4:09PM
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realise of course that anything datamined is subject to change, and I was wondering if you could comment on the following:
    • The scrapping of the "district control" idea, including the associated delve-style trips into pockets of Coldharbour to claim a district
    • The reduction in the number of quest-based achievements from 8 (main quest, each district, and sewers) to 1 (main quest), implying a reduction in the number of quests in IC overall
    Thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • AMZxArchMage
    All I really want is better cosmetics you know like faces, bodies, hair, and nature
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for this Q&A! Who else is excited for this Q&A?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • tpanisiakb16_ESO
    tpanisiakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to recant on the 0 stamina blocking change and perhaps reach a middle ground instead? This change seems far to debilitating to PvE tanks unless they're running with perfectly conditioned groups (Templar shards + resto master staff, etc, DPS greater than 12K, etc.). This many days into the PTS and it's clear on the forums and otherwise it's not fully embraced by the average tank. Even a few reports and discussions from leaderboarded tanks suggest the change is far too damning for average players.
    Options
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By some chance is there a video of the Q&A as I missed it and would like to watch it.
    Options
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    By some chance is there a video of the Q&A as I missed it and would like to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TYydCQcNQc

I got my camel question answered but still nothing about Spellcrafting or alchemy improvements....
    I want spell crafting.
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will the addition of native controller support disable the ability to use 3rd party programs? Or can PC players disable it and continue to use their chosen software/layout/UI ?

^Anyone know if that was answered without watching the whole video?
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they talk about what is coming for the Justice System eventually. Also, when are those datamined motifs coming to the game (Akaviri, Yokudan, Mage's Guild robes)?
    Options
  • MotokoKusanagi34
    MotokoKusanagi34
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, my question wasn't answered. What a pity!
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Answering same champion system related questions over and over... why zos why? :P

Well I asked many questions you picked and answered the question related underwater , making fun of the way I asked the question and that was hilarious :) NO we can't do it. you said. With capital letters. That's fine.

In PTS server, me and my hardcore pvp'er friends tested the imperial city prison dungeon. We stopped hurting the last boss and jumped in portals he made, for no reason, laughing. Oh god, that was great. :)

Reconsider these stuff like housing, diving, climbing, moving objects, mount improvements, etc.. or anything that would improve world interaction in future please. I still believe these details can bring eso experience to a whole new level. After fixing the current problems of course.
    Edited by Artheiron on August 2, 2015 6:15PM
    Options
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a text transcript of the questions they answered... I just haven't had the time to watch this yet.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of think they need an "Immersion" team @Artheiron.
    Edited by Gidorick on August 3, 2015 11:21AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    @Gidorick
    Keep losing friends. I fear we'll see the "underwater" before they actually make it.
    Edited by Artheiron on August 3, 2015 10:46AM
    Options