The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PVP Update, June 2015

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryanmerry wrote: »
    This really is a joke. Who in their right mind thinks of it's 4:30(where everyone finishes work and school) to bring out and update. Elderscrolls are you trying to get us all to stop playing your game? It's heading that way... Then 5 hours, bloody hell pay me half and I'll do it in an hour... Let's behonest it's going to be longer than 5 hours as you never meet your targets..... Then people that are already on get to keep playing??? I was on and got booted out and then bam maintance... Think you need to put your corporate heads together and sort yourselves out.

Dude wrong thread.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Quantine wrote: »
    Well, they exist. I have been following them around for two days in a row now. Theory < reality.
    NA or EU? I still believe in the power of the 12man group :) Should be possible to counter.
    EU. They managed to dismantle them in the end, but that zerg blew up groups big and small here and there.

Actually, it was a mistake on their side in the end that spelled their doom. They got locked down in one of the first story oil rooms at chalman milegate with fire balistas front and back and our best small scale group blowing them to pieces. The counter to it is to lock them down and bomb them before they can recharge the proximities, but that is easier said than done with maneuvre and purge.
    Well... I guess mistakes always can get those groups if you use them to your advantage. Which faction are they?
    One of the factions that according to the forum never play anything but small scale PvP and never blob, of course. In this case, AD.

Well, I am AD and the only group of really strong players I know of, who use proxy detonation, are really playing in small groups. And usually fight against enemies a few times their numbers. So, I don't think you can beat that group without outnumbering them ;-) Maybe if they crash or something... anyways, would be really hard to pull off. The other groups are bigger and yes, they do use detonation, but are for sure not that strong players, so are beatable if you can outsmart them. Their leaders are quite smart too though, at least for some of the groups ;-)
    Edited by Quantine on June 29, 2015 4:51PM
    EU | AD | Banana Squad Inc | Arena | The Pariah | Keepers of Cyrodiil

Arulash, DK, rank 33
    Eledwhen Elmwoods, NB, rank 30
    Lil Aru, OP Templar healer, rank 23
    Aru on Flames, DK, rank 17

NA | EP | Banana Squad Inc
    Aru's Sis, DK
  • Erwen
    Erwen
    ✭✭
    I've just got to laugh at all of the PvP players who have insisted from day 1 that ESO was made solely for PvP. [snip]
    I think you are confusing things a bit, there. Us purely PvP players didn't really give a rat's behind about the PvP buffs outside of Cyrodiil and actually there are post from April 2014 that are asking for removal of the buffs from PvE. The only thing most of us were aggravated about was the change where your home campaign buffs did not apply in guest campaigns anymore and even that was not that much of an issue.

Now as to the former emperor bonuses, I feel that these are not necessarily complained about by any specific group, because they would apply to all parts of the game, PvP as well as PvE.

My feeling is that the biggest advocates against PvP buff removal outside Cyrodiil are those that compete for the top spots on the PvE leaderboards (trials and DSA), so PvE players complaining about removal of PvP buffs.

the problem is not the "crying" as you said, i think that since "eso day one" the idea is that pvp and pve should not be 2 diferent things for players, making pvp and pve players do both things and work as a faction to get buffs and now they are taking all this off, in my opinion they are taking off the game good variables to make the game harder for players on both sides, i dont agree with taking off any buffs, but i think they could just make small changes to dont punish players that want this variables and play hard to get that.

Right now we have buff campaings and emp trading because the pvp is not competitive enought and we have way too much campaings helping that, smaller changes to turn this around are possible and taking buffs is a easy way to go.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 19, 2023 7:58PM
    Proud to be Havoc.
  • Endenium
    Endenium
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad to see that ZOS listened to players on these forums. Thats great. But Im not sold on the idea of stopping player to player travel. I understand the need to end the practice of buff servers - but if you are removing those PVP buffs while in PVE zones, you have already solved that problem. No need to strip people the freedom of travelling to their buddies to do some PVP. I already feel restricted in PVP for unrelated reasons. Removing this feature will only add to that.

As for former Emperor buffs - sorry - but they needed to be removed or nerfed. Im not a developer, so I dont know what would be a sufficient reward for Emperorship. But I am a player, and it is apparent to me that former Emp buffs create a truly unfair advantage. Again, Im not a developer, so I dont know what would be a good replacement for this. Perhaps something cosmetic? Something to visually honor former Emperors? Something that distinguishes them visually without creating disparity between player stats and combat.
  • Erwen
    Erwen
    ✭✭
    Endenium wrote: »
    I am glad to see that ZOS listened to players on these forums. Thats great. But Im not sold on the idea of stopping player to player travel. I understand the need to end the practice of buff servers - but if you are removing those PVP buffs while in PVE zones, you have already solved that problem. No need to strip people the freedom of travelling to their buddies to do some PVP. I already feel restricted in PVP for unrelated reasons. Removing this feature will only add to that.

As for former Emperor buffs - sorry - but they needed to be removed or nerfed. Im not a developer, so I dont know what would be a sufficient reward for Emperorship. But I am a player, and it is apparent to me that former Emp buffs create a truly unfair advantage. Again, Im not a developer, so I dont know what would be a good replacement for this. Perhaps something cosmetic? Something to visually honor former Emperors? Something that distinguishes them visually without creating disparity between player stats and combat.

in what world do you live in? former emp is not a "truly unfair advantage" the only truly unfair is removing the buffs from players that work to get it
    Proud to be Havoc.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Endenium wrote: »

So your saying instead of accumulating champion points, and vet levels, and other 'advantageous' character advancement that makes some players stronger than others, you would be interested in an assortment of color swatches to mark your progression through the game ?
    Edited by Valnas on June 29, 2015 5:58PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important question to ask is. why hasnt this update made it to the servers yet. June is over according to their update patterns. I guess my expectations werent low enough.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler will the Campaigns have different end of campaign reward structures corresponding to the new scoring systems? For example, will Thornblade (Keeps matter) have different end of campaign rewards than Chillrend (scrolls matter)?

I really hope that end of campaign rewards are going to be greatly increased? It's so disappointing to battle your heart out for a fortnight and win a few k gold. It means ap farming is a much greater priority than winning the campaign, be great to turn this meta around. It sucks that to have a chance at a master's weapon I would basically need to quit my job. Leader board based rewards ate horrible and the same few unemployed people get the rewards every campaign. Lottery bags would be better, higher on board = more bags but would give everyone a chance, instead right now unless you PvP basically 24/7 or are living in a frat house where people share a character then you have zero chance.

Is anything more attractive than Butt Stallion? Imagine feeding this sexy pony some AP for fat gold rain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USxQyYUAaoo
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff though I expect to see fewer people's in PvP now that pvers have no reason to participate. Pvers defending their buffs accounts for at least 50% of the activity on some servers.

The Alliance War skill line abilities are still very useful in PvE though.

Yes, but no one needs to defend their alliance war skills and it has already been announced that the requirements for those are being nerfed. I expect servers like azura star to die without pvers scrambling to defend their buffs.

The solution is to make end of campaign rewards attractive to pvers.
    Since you can get Sanctum Ophidia sets and master's weapons if you manage to be in the top 2% I fail to see what can make these more attractive...

98% of the PvP population can enlighten what you fail to see. The other 2% can point out that a charged Master Greatsword is trash and the SO sets are not best in slot.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legitimate question: When will the problem of hack users in Cyrodiil be tackled?

It is always the same people that cause strange behaviour. If it would be anything but hacks, why would that be the case? Come on, one cannot be that naive. And please, spare me the vindication.

EDIT:
    Good stuff though I expect to see fewer people's in PvP now that pvers have no reason to participate. Pvers defending their buffs accounts for at least 50% of the activity on some servers.

The Alliance War skill line abilities are still very useful in PvE though.

Yes, but no one needs to defend their alliance war skills and it has already been announced that the requirements for those are being nerfed. I expect servers like azura star to die without pvers scrambling to defend their buffs.

The solution is to make end of campaign rewards attractive to pvers.
    Since you can get Sanctum Ophidia sets and master's weapons if you manage to be in the top 2% I fail to see what can make these more attractive...

98% of the PvP population can enlighten what you fail to see. The other 2% can point out that a charged Master Greatsword is trash and the SO sets are not best in slot.

Your comment is not relevant. Since the best available PvE loot can be achieved by PvP, it gives incentive to actually reach the top 2%.

On a reasonably populated campaign, that is somewhere around the top 40 players. I work 45-50 hrs a week and have a family to take care of and I still make that.
    Edited by Leandor on June 29, 2015 7:33PM
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    The most important question to ask is. why hasnt this update made it to the servers yet. June is over according to their update patterns. I guess my expectations werent low enough.

They never said it would release in June. The update is just dated so that when it is unpinned, you can tell what month it was for.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    It will be in next Major Update in September
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meaningful content every 4 to 6 weeks year!
  • Dubiese
    Dubiese
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know exactly when this update is happening? I'm really curious. I'm a VR1 and trying to PvP is nearly impossible, I just get one shot by everything.
  • WarlordWoody22
    Sorry if this has been broached but wasn't going to read all 28 pages to check hah.

I was hoping if someone could clarify if scaling in cyrodil is working as intended, at level 35 NB I had 28k HP and 16k stamina in cyrodil, now as VR 2 I have 18k stamina but 16k health so same damage really, minus 12k health or so, how does that work?
    , I played the non veteran campaign for my first character and recently just left to an all player one. I did that to avoid getting, Rick rolled by VR players.

Boy was I wrong, before I hit VR I could 1v3 if I pulled off my skill set combos correctly and had some luck so I was excited to see VR pvp.

Now I'm watching lvl 15 go up against three VR players and take em to brown down for a dirt map, I had a 26 werewolf mow me down, even with poison injection and lethal arrow up and my passives from fighters guild he just howled up and took me down like I was level ten, seems to happen alot, and not just for me, then I backed out and looked for a veteran only campaign, but no luck there so I'll slug it out.

I understand scaling to a degree, but to this extent? What's the point for taking the long hike to VR 14 for pvp if you scale a level ten to the same power, and why did it change once we hit VR 1 that I'm still not scaled to the same level as someone who isn't VR

Yes battle level is on before you ask lol

I get why scaling is needed when you don't have level brackets but that just seems a bit much to me,

Is this working as intended? Any input?
  • WarlordWoody22
    Sorry if this has been broached but wasn't going to read all 28 pages to check hah.

I was hoping if someone could clarify if scaling in cyrodil is working as intended, at level 35 NB I had 28k HP and 16k stamina in cyrodil, now as VR 2 I have 18k stamina but 16k health so same damage really, minus 12k health or so, how does that work?
    , I played the non veteran campaign for my first character and recently just left to an all player one. I did that to avoid getting, Rick rolled by VR players.

Boy was I wrong, before I hit VR I could 1v3 if I pulled off my skill set combos correctly and had some luck so I was excited to see VR pvp.

Now I'm watching lvl 15 go up against three VR players and take em to brown down for a dirt map, I had a 26 werewolf mow me down, even with poison injection and lethal arrow up and my passives from fighters guild he just howled up and took me down like I was level ten, seems to happen alot, and not just for me, then I backed out and looked for a veteran only campaign, but no luck there so I'll slug it out.

I understand scaling to a degree, but to this extent? What's the point for taking the long hike to VR 14 for pvp if you scale a level ten to the same power, and why did it change once we hit VR 1 that I'm still not scaled to the same level as someone who isn't VR

I get why scaling is needed when you don't have level brackets but that just seems a bit much to me,

Guess I should mention I'm Xbox NA server

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess I should mention I'm Xbox NA server

@WarlordWoody22 That's because battle-levelling doesn't apply to Veteran characters. As stated in this thread though, it will after the next major patch.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    September 2016, right?
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    September 2016, right?

Something like that...but ..they like to keep their options open.
    Never say never....maybe 2017.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, they exist. I have been following them around for two days in a row now. Theory < reality.
    NA or EU? I still believe in the power of the 12man group :) Should be possible to counter.
    EU. They managed to dismantle them in the end, but that zerg blew up groups big and small here and there.

Actually, it was a mistake on their side in the end that spelled their doom. They got locked down in one of the first story oil rooms at chalman milegate with fire balistas front and back and our best small scale group blowing them to pieces. The counter to it is to lock them down and bomb them before they can recharge the proximities, but that is easier said than done with maneuvre and purge.
    Well... I guess mistakes always can get those groups if you use them to your advantage. Which faction are they?
    One of the factions that according to the forum never play anything but small scale PvP and never blob, of course. In this case, AD.

Well, I am AD and the only group of really strong players I know of, who use proxy detonation, are really playing in small groups. And usually fight against enemies a few times their numbers. So, I don't think you can beat that group without outnumbering them ;-) Maybe if they crash or something... anyways, would be really hard to pull off. The other groups are bigger and yes, they do use detonation, but are for sure not that strong players, so are beatable if you can outsmart them. Their leaders are quite smart too though, at least for some of the groups ;-)

which group you talking of? only ad group i know using detos is BS and that is definitly not meant here
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    If we can no longer hop, then the Guild Leaders for the larger PvP guilds must communicate with each other and spread out. If the big dogs all choose the same lunch bowl, none of them will have much to eat.

OK, that's an awful metaphor. The point is, we see what happens when all the big red guilds join together -- they clean up the map and push all opposition off. They're good, organized and there's a billion of them. If they all pick the same campaign, nobody will PvP there after the first 24 hours.

And without hopping, that means nobody will PvP anywhere. Not in this game, anyway.

So the game mechnics should take into account how bad the AD is? Serious?
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Don't forget guys that these changes are all due in the next major update. i.e, the one that adds Imperial City. That should give enough people an incentive to go to Cyrodiil, even if just for a short while to see what it's all about.

I hope it is sooner than that, they won't even talk about imperial city much till July according to the front page update. That's more than a year after they first announced it, and nobody is really going to be expecting the content till September-November.

Not to forget that Fallout 4 release was officially announced in the last E3 for november coming up. The Elder Scrolls Online was discussed for approximately 5 minutes of the full 2hours and a half duration of E3. More than half of the presentation was regarding Fallout 4, which seem to be their main focus since TESO console release is over.

Really disappointed, personally. Not about the state of the game of TESO (that I love no matter the problems), but because of the direction Bethesda is taking putting their efforts into a single player game instead of one of the most promising mmos of all times.

I must be really tired, or drunk. I thought I saw you ssay they should spend less energy on FALLOT "GOTY" 4 to promote this bug-ridden csh grab?
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler how do i get in touch with you to so that one a big issue could be fixed.
    Edited by Night-claw on June 30, 2015 7:42PM
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp Arena please!
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    If there's an issue you are not comfortable with posting directly here, you can message me.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reduce time to kill please by making everyone a bit more tanky like 1.5 or reducing overall damage
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • WarlordWoody22
    OK, I get that, but I don't get how a level 26 can have just as much damage and twice the health of a veteran rank pvp player, I might as well skip the grind to veteran rank and just pvp on alts just to stay competitive with someone 30 levels below me, its crazy unbalanced and really, just makes me not care about leveling when there's no advantage to it in pvp.

Broken scaling system.
  • WarlordWoody22
    Now if there was a non scaled veteran rank only campaign count me in, at least then it'd make sense when I die, cause its be from a higher rank, giving you more incentive to beat your brains out leveling up, I actually enjoy how it takes so long to level, especially more so if there was a reason to.
  • WarlordWoody22
    Or how bout just scale to vr1 otherwise again what's the point
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mate, Edit button.

The only thing that currently scales competitively is Health/Magicka/Stamina. The scaled recovery, damage stats like crit, resists, etc are really useless.

If build and equipped correctly, you have s slight advantage in those stats still upon getting to veteran ranks. To be honest, the new "battle scaling of pots and food" is what makes scaled characters stronger than they should be by a large margin. But we are used to wrong decisions by now.
    Edited by Leandor on July 1, 2015 10:22AM