Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Update, June 2015

• Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, you will keep the Emperor Dye and "former emperor" titles.

And that in itself just be sufficient enough reward. Thank you for making this change, this was something I and many others requested back in beta.

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty interesting changes, I look forward to seeing them implemented. Removing the former Emp buffs doesn't affect me, but I feel for the people who worked hard to get them :(.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • TheVikker
    TheVikker
    Soul Shriven
    I suffered for 1 month in 2 Champaigns to get the Emperorship. spending 12-16 hours / day to get more and more AP, keep my 1st place, get enemy keeps, keep ours, repair walls... AND YOU WANNA DELET IT IN 1 SEC? ...
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philthyorc wrote: »
    Rage quit incoming ... pretty crap ur taking away our former EMP buffs, way to screw over a lot of people who earned it legitimately.

If that help, in my eyes you're always be a hero. o:)
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • kamarob14_ESO
    kamarob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Am I the only one that is upset to see the PVE Buffs being removed. The only reason I pvped is to get those buffs so I could get the extra experience. I do not see why removing them fixes anything. Can someone explain? As a pve player I will have no incentive to join pvp anymore. I just feel that this can be fixed in so many other ways.
  • Suntzu1414
    i agree with a majority of the posts..regarding "locking" campaigns.

One suggestion. Provide Hour/Daily/Weekly (according to campaign) incentives (gold/gear/AP/Sweetrolls/free beer),
    to lure new(er) participants...espeically, when campaigns are imbalanced (either by numbers or better teams)...

Numbers cannot always counter-balance against a great squad.
    But, it doesn't hurt either...and the more people we get in...the (better) chance they will stay.

But, if the map is always red / yellow / blue.
    It hard for an inexperience person...to make the jump.

So, there needs to be incentives for new(er) players.
    get them over the hump...and into the fight!

Kill Well
    ST

DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not spend three days with just a couple hours sleep to get dye or titles, I did it for the passives and the satisfaction of achieving it. Working hard to see the inherit gain by dismissing something like this as a 'solution' to anything currently impacting the game play in cyro.

But, I will keep reading the 'supporters' comments to see if I have missed just what this does to help mechanics of the game that have not been addressed over time and led to abuse and exploiting. Much higher on my list of things to do, but maybe that is just me...

All the other changes seem to be directly connected to issues that impact games current state and I can clearly see where you are going with them, great job at listening to some of the concerns with PvP players in the game.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that is upset to see the PVE Buffs being removed. The only reason I pvped is to get those buffs so I could get the extra experience. I do not see why removing them fixes anything. Can someone explain? As a pve player I will have no incentive to join pvp anymore. I just feel that this can be fixed in so many other ways.

PvE guilds would often take the time to wipe the whole map one colour in order to get the buffs. This could destroy a competitive campaign. It's a good thing these are being removed.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Told you guys! No more being upset with removal of former emperor passives; your dye color is safe!

Thank Mr. Wheeler, if you removed this dye I don't know what color I could use to match my beautiful red hair. Now, I don't have to worry! :D
    Edited by Psilent on June 16, 2015 5:31PM
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    All great changes. However, I will go extreme and eliminate all AOEs from Cyrodiil. I do not want anything that can make me lag even a little.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a former Emperor, I say THANK YOU ZENIMAX. The buff is so insignificant, I could care less about having it. I am afraid turd guilds will still make an attempt to farm for the title (unless we lose that too) I am looking forward to ALL of these changes!

Edited by PeggymoeXD on June 16, 2015 5:34PM
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • kamarob14_ESO
    kamarob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Garion wrote: »

PvE guilds would often take the time to wipe the whole map one colour in order to get the buffs. This could destroy a competitive campaign. It's a good thing these are being removed.

I get that point but if they limited the amount of servers people can join what is stopping another guild from the other side doing the same thing before you know it you have one big brawl. I think just removing the buffs does nothing to help the state of pvp right now.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JTorus wrote: »
    I honestly don't like the idea of removing the former emperor passives to players who have gotten it in the past year. Perhaps disable it from happening for future players, but why punish ALL players for a system that others abused. It doesn't seem right or fair to take them away when there are plenty of players who actually and legitimately worked hard to obtain their Emperor status, which ultimately led to the passives of former emperor. I agree that emperor farming has been a problem in the past, but I'm tired of honest players being punished because of dishonest and abusive players. There is no way to sift through who or who wasn't farmed emperor, but because of that, I don't think anyone who obtained it should be punished for the lack of response from ZoS on the issue.

Like I said, restrict it for the future, do not punish the rest of us.

I agree with you, in that I don't think its fair for someone to lose what they legitimately earned. But I also agree with removing incentive for farming, and I don't like that those who farmed in the past would retain the benefits. I think a middle ground solution would be an option. Like a former emperor only ability/ultimate. One that is strictly conducive to group play mechanics and not self-serving at all. One would think that a former emperor would still inspire the troops to go to battle, it isn't unreasonable to take that approach in a game environment.
    Hmm, like maybe a spell that increased siege damage by x% for a radius of y meters over a period of z seconds, since increased siege damage is part of an Emperor's repertoire. The numbers would have to be small though to not be gamebreaking. Like 10% increase with 20 meter radius for 30 seconds, with a pretty big spell cost like siege shield. Morphs would affect either radius or duration. Eh, just spitballin'
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is what you actually plan on implementing in game, and hopefully soon, I applaud all the changes to pvp and hope you can start balancing classes along with this. A huge step in the right direction.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. NO. NO.

Removing former emp buffs has not been requested by the majority of the player base. Anyone that likes this change has not been emperor. You have no idea how hard that is. It is a great reward for literally not sleeping days on end during vacation/work.

This is a terrible idea. You want to get rid of emp trading get rid of some of the servers. I know ZOS is afraid to do that because it might make lag worse but oh well. This is not the solution.

I know a couple of people that literally tried for the first year to get it. They will be crushed.

The rest of the changes are great.

Removing emp buffs? Wow. All i can say is wow.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    When we fire up the campaign changes, we will wipe your current home\guest assignments.

Will this mean I won't have to assign a character to a campaign that was in one before? Oh please, oh please make it so!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because PVE'rs literally ruin campaigns. If you fought for those buffs instead of waiting for everyone to go to bed it would have never got this extreme.

We are the opposite. We dont want to PVE and dont do anything to ruin your experience. So why would those buffs be allowed in PVE from PVP in the first place? Doesnt make sense. Probably the best change on there.

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    NO. NO. NO.

Removing former emp buffs has not been requested by the majority of the player base. Anyone that likes this change has not been emperor. You have no idea how hard that is. It is a great reward for literally not sleeping days on end during vacation/work.

This is a terrible idea. You want to get rid of emp trading get rid of some of the servers. I know ZOS is afraid to do that because it might make lag worse but oh well. This is not the solution.

I know a couple of people that literally tried for the first year to get it. They will be crushed.

I'm a former emperor and am all for the removal of the buffs.

I would love for them to take it one step further and remove emperor from the game.

Edited by Psilent on June 16, 2015 5:43PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    NO. NO. NO.

*shrugs*

I like the change.

If it gets rid of the ridiculous emperor swapping, I'm for it.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say that Guard and Prox Det need to be tweaked as "zerg busting skills"

Guard is basically useless and Proximity Detonation is about the same if one person is casting it in a zerg. The only use for it now are for sorcs and sometimes sypher fanboy nightblades. No offense sypher you're awesome. And when an entire zerg uses it, there is no escape. I think the damage needs to scale off of players inside the AoE. If it hits one person and everyone manages to escape the AoE, it doesn't hurt too bad, but you've managed to split the zerg up some. But if it hits 10 people at once then I think the damage should increase for every player it hit. Also nobody wants to use a skill point on a skill that costs stamina, doesnt allow stamina regen while toggled, and causes you to lose stamina while using it. That's just too much stamina.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I definitely like some of these changes, but some of them seem either irrelevant (to my knowledge) or actually detrimental to the objectives.

I'm fine with the changes to Emperor, there's no real reason to give former emperors an advantage over others, and we still have the title and amazing red dye for keepsakes, so it's all good from my perspective. I don't think this will have any impact on "Emperor Farming", though. Can anyone give an actual definition for what that even is? Keep trading between alliances? That hasn't happened, to my knowledge, in literally a year. Are there just too many people getting Emperor for people's sense of accomplishment? That's kind of too bad, because that's just going to keep happening. The experienced PvPers are really good at coordinating these pushes and timing them well so that there's a shot at getting it, and I don't see anything wrong with that, it's the highlight of an evening.

I like removing the out-of-Cyro buffs, because that used to be quite an issue, but I don't honestly know how much of an issue it's been for months now. I know the night crews like to roll over whatever map their on at like 4AM and flip every keep, but by primetime things tend to be far more balanced again, and that's when most people are running their dungeons and trials. Heck, one of the reasons my guild jumps around campaigns so much is to keep from owning a whole map for too long.

Speaking of jumping around campaigns, I cannot recommend the changes to campaign jumping you're looking at, at least with things as they are now. There's nothing I'd like more than to stick in a single campaign, have good fights against good players, and get them gold rewards by the end of it, but this just doesn't happen right now. It's been my experience that when one faction is overpopulated and either of the others aren't, you don't get more people coming in to defend, you get a dead campaign. Right now, we can at least jump to another campaign, fight some folks on more even terms there, and drag (hopefully only one of) the competitive guilds with us into new territory to help spread the population and zergs. If, on the other hand, we can't jump to friends/group members/guest campaigns, we're stuck with two options: get consistently rolled by 3x the numbers or quit for the night.

Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    All these changes are a really good step in the right direction, despite the whining.

If your crying about emp buffs, to bad, its ruins the meta game which is more important that your selfish BS.

The only think I would add is to buff the keeps/guards on low pop servers, they need a fighting chance and a high pop server can take over a keep in minutes giving the smaller force no time to defend.

Remember DOAC gaurds? They could get buffed enough that it required a game plan to take a lvl 10 keep or they would wipe a zerg, we need some of that.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Heresiarch wrote: »
    Why is everybody so salty about the travel to friends bit? Because your faction can't be in all campaigns at all times? Oh no. I get that it is not allowing for freedom of playstyle, but if people don't think that it was being abused, you're in denial.

The former emps who received the title through blood, sweat and tears having their passive stripped away does suck, but this should have been removed from the game when the emperor farming was at its height. Now... it's just sort of an afterthought. I think it would have been a big slap in the face to the RIGHT people if it had been done many months ago. Not that emperor farming isn't still a thing, of course, but it's not as easy. ;)

I don't really care since I don't have emp buffs to lose, but there are a few good emps out there who get some of my feels. <3

I don't understand though, how is it apparently "abused". Yes people campaign hop - but I still don't see why this is a problem? If I am playing on TB and it turns into a laggy messy where the only fights are train vs train, I'm going to move elsewhere. Remove the ability to move elsewhere and I am going to log out. How is this a good thing?

I THINK the abuse goes something like:

You have your main in EP. You create a DC alt. You can't put your alt into the same campaign as your main.

But you can enter that campaign with your alt by travelling to a friend. Then you can guide your EP friends right to the DC players.

Not sure if I've got it exactly right, but it's something along those lines.

We sussed out a few DC players who weren't really. We hide, EP come literally straight to us, no searching for us, as they are being guided.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    the zos motto is if you can't fix it, remove it.

Former Former Emperor (single player objective)
    Former Forward Camps (fast transit and pace of play)
    Former Mercenary contracts (population)
    Former Ground Oil (lag/congestion of groups)
    Former Oil Catapult no purge
    Former 100% heal debuff

You had a bunch of mechanics that worked and allows small groups and large to impact Cyrodiil, removed them do to feedback from 'players', and wonder why the game struggles to perform at the level it used to and why play has turned into tho zergs seiging eachother.

Please add more skills/passives for the alliance war trees. I think at 45 or 50 a unique group buff / ultimate, or a marker on the map would be nice.
    Edited by Valnas on June 16, 2015 5:45PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    I honestly don't like the idea of removing the former emperor passives to players who have gotten it in the past year. Perhaps disable it from happening for future players, but why punish ALL players for a system that others abused. It doesn't seem right or fair to take them away when there are plenty of players who actually and legitimately worked hard to obtain their Emperor status, which ultimately led to the passives of former emperor. I agree that emperor farming has been a problem in the past, but I'm tired of honest players being punished because of dishonest and abusive players. There is no way to sift through who or who wasn't farmed emperor, but because of that, I don't think anyone who obtained it should be punished for the lack of response from ZoS on the issue.

I agree with you, in that I don't think its fair for someone to lose what they legitimately earned. But I also agree with removing incentive for farming, and I don't like that those who farmed in the past would retain the benefits. I think a middle ground solution would be an option. Like a former emperor only ability/ultimate. One that is strictly conducive to group play mechanics and not self-serving at all. One would think that a former emperor would still inspire the troops to go to battle, it isn't unreasonable to take that approach in a game environment.
    Hmm, like maybe a spell that increased siege damage by x% for a radius of y meters over a period of z seconds, since increased siege damage is part of an Emperor's repertoire. The numbers would have to be small though to not be gamebreaking. Like 10% increase with 20 meter radius for 30 seconds, with a pretty big spell cost like siege shield. Morphs would affect either radius or duration. Eh, just spitballin'

I too have the former emp passives. And it's kinda sad that the farming of emp has caused those who earned it honestly with hard work and long nights are losing the passives now. But I think it's a necessary step to making Cyrodiil enjoyable once again. Plus, the buffs aren't really all that great. The only one that's really noticeable is the reduced ultimate cost.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »

Former 100% heal debuff

You had a bunch of mechanics that worked and allows small groups and large to impact Cyrodiil, removed them do to feedback from 'players', and wonder why the game struggles to perform at the level it used to and why play has turned into tho zergs seiging eachother.

Please add more skills/passives for the alliance war trees. I think at 45 or 50 a unique group buff / ultimate, or a marker on the map would be nice.

+1
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Former 100% heal debuff

Hate to agree with this but definitely sounds true.

Please someone start a poll on removing emp buffs. Make sure to include in vote whether you are a former emp or not.

Also worth noting this will be a direct impact on the core player base that have been here since the beginning. Hope you thought this through. As a lot of the player base are former emps.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Former 100% heal debuff

TRUTH ^ - Brian Wheeler says this is a PvP update with new implements, when in reality it's just more removal of things they didn't know how to fix or balance. Yet people are cheering. I don't get it.
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget guys that these changes are all due in the next major update. i.e, the one that adds Imperial City. That should give enough people an incentive to go to Cyrodiil, even if just for a short while to see what it's all about.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    milthalas wrote: »

I too have the former emp passives. And it's kinda sad that the farming of emp has caused those who earned it honestly with hard work and long nights are losing the passives now. But I think it's a necessary step to making Cyrodiil enjoyable once again. Plus, the buffs aren't really all that great. The only one that's really noticeable is the reduced ultimate cost.

The ulti cost is HUGE. And a great reward for an achievement that you lose a ton of sleep and the stress associated with it. WOW.