The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is any attempt being made to fix the launcher problem that results in many players continually receiving Error 209 "Patch Manifest" messages for a few days after each update? The solutions mentioned in the Knowledge Base fail to resolve the issue for which the universally accepted workaround is to close and re-open the launcher so that the "Play" button appears instead of "Repair" or "Update", but it would be good to know that it was acknowledged and being worked on.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Is any attempt being made to fix the launcher problem that results in many players continually receiving Error 209 "Patch Manifest" messages for a few days after each update? The solutions mentioned in the Knowledge Base fail to resolve the issue for which the universally accepted workaround is to close and re-open the launcher so that the "Play" button appears instead of "Repair" or "Update", but it would be good to know that it was acknowledged and being worked on.

I was able to solve to problem by adding Admin permission to the launcher shortcut.

the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to solve to problem by adding Admin permission to the launcher shortcut.

That's not normally a consistent or permanent solution, and has never worked for me even on a one-off basis. Good luck with it tho'.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few questions

- I understand the game play reason, but is there a lore reason you're not arrested for your crimes when you enter cyrodiil? Special pardons offered by the alliance leaders?
    - Meow?
    - when I talk to certain npcs they recognize me as a khajiit, even during quests, while others, like the quests at Sathram Plantation in the Stonefalls, seem to fail at recognizing my ears and tail. Will we see updates to some of these in the future to reflect our race?
    - @ZOS_GinaBruno when will patch notes come out? (Can we get an ESO "soon" meme contest?)
    - while we won't see any expansions until after console release (imperial city, clockwork city, etc.), can you give us an idea when some of these will hit the PTS server?
    - will non ESO plus players be able to play DLC content on the PTS server during its testing cycle or do they have to pay/subscribe for the dlc upfront?
    - does nirnhoned items only come from the main craglorn quest? If not, what areas does it drop?
    - Hadran's Caravan used to take money to bet on mini games with no reward, but now it doesn't take the money. Is it possible to get this back so we can bet and win money, even if just a few gold at a time? was there an issue with player gambling that means we shouldn't allow any in game? ( @Sypher )

Thanks
    Edited by HeroOfNone on May 15, 2015 3:09PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not normally a consistent or permanent solution, and has never worked for me even on a one-off basis. Good luck with it tho'.

I done this to 3 PC's running ESO and so far for me its been good. Before the shortcut fix I had a ton of REPAIRS.I hope you find a solution or fix.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the many environmental elements during the day like crows, sea gulls, butterflies, rabbits, etc. they make the world of Tamerial more alive. What are some of the night ones besides torchbugs? I not seen bats at night adding that would be cool!

• dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    When can we expect the riding lessons and xp potions in crown store?

After the console transfer?

yes

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be adding purple and or gold PvP bags to give us a chance at the upgraded jewellery? Maybe say in the Imperial City expansion?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHEN is radiant destruction going to be fixed..

It is the worst skill that EVER entered this game,
    ABSOLUTELY no skill involved,
    ABSOLUTELY no special Gear required,
    to get damage of 14k and up.

I honestly dont understand why this skill has not been looked at yet and fixed.

It is one of the ONLY skills that does huge damage no matter the circumstances,

I got hit by it and in the time it takes for shadowy disguise to actually work i had 10k damage already,
    [snip],

I mean really,
    Templars have the only skills in the game that can stun you over and over again,
    within seconds of each other,

They also have the ONLY skills in the game go insta Heal themselves.

Seriously this needs to be looked into and fixed.

EVERY templar is running around just spamming this.
    Ruining the game in my opinion.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 14, 2024 6:57PM
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    WHEN is radiant destruction going to be fixed..

It is the worst skill that EVER entered this game,
    ABSOLUTELY no skill involved,
    ABSOLUTELY no special Gear required,
    to get damage of 14k and up.

I honestly dont understand why this skill has not been looked at yet and fixed.

It is one of the ONLY skills that does huge damage no matter the circumstances,

I got hit by it and in the time it takes for shadowy disguise to actually work i had 10k damage already,
    [snip],

I mean really,
    Templars have the only skills in the game that can stun you over and over again,
    within seconds of each other,

They also have the ONLY skills in the game go insta Heal themselves.

Seriously this needs to be looked into and fixed.

EVERY templar is running around just spamming this.
    Ruining the game in my opinion.

Wow, there is so much wrong in this post, it would actually be easier to simply list the only thing that you wrote that was close to the truth...

...which is that most Templars are running around spamming this. Literally everything else you wrote is incorrect.

/shrug

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 14, 2024 6:58PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are Vivec's Antlers called that when the place is where Almalexia brought the army to fight the Kamal invaders?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

I've been messing around leveling up my alts and I noticed that some of the NPC's I've fought still have Sparks or use Ash Cloud and I miss attacks. Is this intentional, or is it simply a matter of not yet updating NPC's to use the same set of skills that players have access to?
    Edited by Shadesofkin on May 16, 2015 10:57PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there ever been any discussion of adding the Elder Scrolls Staple of Over-Encumbrance to ESO? It could allow players to carry a set number of items more than their bag capacity and potions could be used (and bought from the Crown Store) to alleviate the Over-Encumbrance.

More detailed explanation of the idea here:
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Inventory continues to be an issue in ESO, but this doesn’t mean that everyone can’t be given an opportunity to benefit from a few items that could be added to the crown store.

Crown Store Inventory Items suggestions
    • No-Restriction Inventory Bags: These bags provide a set number of inventory spaces and consume one space in the player's main inventory. These bags cannot contain other bags and should be allowed to be placed inside a player's bank, but not sold.
      1. Backpack (1250 Crowns): Provides 20 inventory spaces
      2. Heavy Sack (1000 Crowns): Provides 15 inventory spaces
      3. Sack (750 Crowns): Provides 10 inventory spaces
      4. Small Sack (500 Crowns): Provides 5 inventory spaces
    • Crafting Material Bags: These bags have enough spaces to hold one stack of every type of material for the specific craft. Only the specific craft’s materials can be placed within the corresponding bag.
      1. Alchemist Satchel (1500 Crowns)
      2. Blacksmith’s Haversack (1500 Crowns)
      3. Clothier’s Tote (1500 Crowns)
      4. Enchanter’s Purse (1500 Crowns)
      5. Provisioner’s Knapsack (1500 Crowns)
      6. Woodworker’s Duffel (1500 Crowns)
    • Potions of Feather: These potions allow a player who is over-encumbered to alleviate the symptoms of being burdened.
      1. Bargain Potion of Feather (Craftable): Relieve one level of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes, stackable for longer duration.
      2. Cheap Potion of Feather (Craftable): Relieves two levels of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes, stackable for longer duration.
      3. Quality Potion of Feather (Craftable): Relieves three levels of over-encumbrance for 10 minutes, stackable for longer duration.
      4. Exclusive Potion of Feather -Pack of 3-(400 Crowns): Relieve one level of over-encumberance for 10 minutes, stackable For multiple levels of relief.
    Over-Encumbrance: This new inventory mechanic will allow players to pick up MORE than their inventory space permits. This allows players to temporarily over-burden themselves so they are not strictly limited to their inventory space. Since Over-Encumbrance only occurs when a player exceeds the number of inventory spaces they have available, players are able to purchase bags and immediately relieve themselves of their Over-Encumbered status.

There are three stages of Over-Encumbrance. Players are only prompted of their Over-Encumbrance during the third stage, Heavily Over-Encumbered.
    • Slightly Over-Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying up to 5 more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to”; paying to travel to a Wayshrine costs 10X more than normal
      • Players cannot sprint on foot, but can run normally
      • Players can use their mounts normally
    • Moderately Over-Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying up to 6-10 more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to” and cannot pay to travel to a Wayshrine
      • Players cannot sprint or run normally on foot, they can only walk.
      • Players can use their mounts, but cannot sprint. They can run normally
    • Heavily Over-Encumbered
      • Players who are carrying 11-15 or more items than their inventory allows
      • Players cannot use “go to”, cannot pay to travel to a Wayshrine, or use a Wayshrine.
      • Players cannot sprint, run normally, or walk. They cannot move and receive the prompt “You are Encumbered” when they attempt to move.
      • Players can use their mounts, but cannot sprint or run normally. They can only walk.
    A player who is Heavily Over-Encumbered would have to use 3 Exclusive Potions of feather in order to become completely unencumbered.

I believe these additions will give players what they desire, more inventory, while providing ZOS with another means for revenue. Thoughts?
    From: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162693/more-bags-and-encumbrance-crown-store-concepts/p1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to buy Crown Store items from special tabs from in-game merchants. I would like to visit the blacksmith to buy a set of armor costumes or visit the stable to buy mounts. It would add a bit of immersion and things like mounts could be visually advertised at the stables. Has there been any discussion along these lines?
    Edited by Gidorick on May 16, 2015 11:09PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    Please @ZOS tell us about hard caps, and about value etc.
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are Vivec's Antlers called that when the place is where Almalexia brought the army to fight the Kamal invaders?

I thought it was named that after the Land Coral?
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But why not ALMALEXIA'S Antlers?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the ground-speed velocity of an unladen Guar?

Edited by Gidorick on May 20, 2015 1:52AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• SirEwan
    SirEwan
    ✭✭✭
    New Endgame Content?
    Any previews? Release Date Estimate?
    Sorcerer Master Class.
    PC Master Race.
    http://www.twitch.tv/sirewan
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever see mounts, pets, and cosmetics as earnable in game items, like from a quest? Or will it all be in the crown store only? Would be nice to see some earnable in game stuff.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on Spell Crafting, Enforcers, or Jewelry Crafting?
    Edited by Stalwart385 on May 17, 2015 9:36PM
  • Frantastick
    Frantastick
    ✭✭
    Will we ever see first person riding in the game? Thanks!
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But why not ALMALEXIA'S Antlers?

Because the area may well have been inhabited long before the conflict with the Kamal and so the name might also predate that event. They might have just decided not to change it after the battle.
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    Do you consider making a proper in-guild mail system? There's no way to mail all guild members when needed. I tried Mailr addon but with a large member number it takes ages to send all those mails and sometimes it freeze in the middle of the process so it's not a perfect solution :( Wouldn't it be a reasonable to add a proper guild mail system at least for the guild masters?
  • Frantastick
    Frantastick
    ✭✭
    Will you guys implement a "hide reticle" option? There are mods for it, but it also hides the interactive heads up button when you hover over objects. What I mean is, I just want the crosshair removed but keep the interact icons.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you consider getting @ZOS_JoBurba on for a future Life at ZOS segment? It would be interesting to see what the "Director of Live Services" gets up to every day :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine a "one use only" scroll, raising the general drop chance of a monster-type Undaunted shoulder piece (so, from the chest only, not from the endboss). Say, you activate the Gold Key and the scroll vanishes with it.

Would you - by your own House Rules definitions - consider this a convenience item and thus being eligible for the Crown Shop?
    Edited by Menelaos on May 18, 2015 10:48PM
    ...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever considered allowing players to submit completed songs for inclusion into ESO? This could be a great way to add some more bard variety.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 20, 2015 1:55PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans going forward to incorporate nature-based spells, much like what the Wyresses use, in the game? If so, what kinds of spells can we expect? I think there's a lot of potential to broaden the spectrum of magic, especially for themes so common in ESO such as druidism and necromancy.
This discussion has been closed.