ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What were the Q&A today?
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    What were the Q&A today?

Prob be Monday when the main forum moderators back from the weekend.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    1. Do ZOS have a special liking to the senche mounts? I love the senche, the tiger is the best loyalty reward I could wish for. I just noticed a pattern when it came to the felines compared to the horses and the guars, since they are always special rewards or limited.
    2. During give-away, are we just supposed to write the code once and we are in a lotto, or are we supposed to write it as many times as possible?
    3. This is probably a very silly question, but do we submit artwork in a discussion thread for ESO Live, or do your people find them by yourself? The sources seem to be from various places, so I got curious. If you find them yourself, who does it, is that part of their job?
    4. This is more a question for Gina Bruno and Jessica Folsom, but I recently watched the very first ESO Live on YouTube, and I was curious if they have any special thoughts on how ESO Live have changed and if they themselves have noticed if the series have grown, if they are having fun or other things like that. If this is too personal, I understand.
    5. I know little technology, so I am more curious than anything: It is possible to use a housecat or tiger figure and make them NPCs with quest/dialogue, and say they are Alfiq or Pahmar Khajiit? I pretend some of the named kitties (and my own pet) is Khajiit, along with some of the named feline bosses, but I got curious if it would be possible.
    6. Can letters and books from the eidetic memory be lost forever in temporary areas, or are they if so obligatory reads or found elsewhere later? I found some books about the Five Companions outside the Harbourage, for example, books I'm sure were in temporary main story quest areas.
    7. I know the chat bubbles are in beta, I have a lot of fun with them so far! I was just curious if there were plans to give bubbles to NPCs as well, at least when the dialogue can show up on the chatbox if you have the NPC option on? Again, I don't mind if there are no plans, it might just make it a little bit easier when I can't hear what they are saying and I have hard time looking at the chat, the sentences might be too long for the chat bubbles, too, especially when the voices are off-screen.

Also, this is more just something we talked about in guild chat a long time ago. I stole a blue item named "Wayrest Love Letters" and it seemed that the letters were scandalous should they be found in the wrong hands. Within the guild, we pictured a story or quest where the player, upon "finding" the item the first time, would get a quest that said "go to the family matriarch to reveal the scandal OR give the letters to the lovers." We went even further and imagined if you could blackmail the lovers, so for a week, you would get a tiny sum of money every day, describing how their love affair is going (like the hirelings), and at the end the last letter says that they were revealed and were separated, or admitted their love and eloped, so the blackmail was no longer needed. I am pretty sure the last part might be too much work, but would it be possible to make quests out of the unique items you can steal the first time you steal them (like, you don't get the same quest every time you steal Wayrest Love Letters, just the first time). Again, more a curiosity than a request, I love the descriptions of the things one can steal, kind of makes me feel bad for stealing it in the first place. :)
    Edited by Pensola on May 23, 2015 2:58PM
    Options
  • Katsibrokos
    Katsibrokos
    ✭✭✭
    Are we going to get any of these features?
    1. Better LFG Tool (allowing create / join premade groups, putting notes on what needed, able to queue for many different activities at the same time etc)
    2. Wardrobe (Diablo 3 like one to unlock armor & weapon skins).
    3. Housing & Guild Housing (WildStar housing is the best i have ever experienced in a mmo)
    4. Auction House
    5. Everything Account Wide (Trophies, Mount training etc)
    6. Barber Shop
    7. Race Change
    8. Jewelcrafting Profession
    Edited by Katsibrokos on May 25, 2015 6:08AM
    Wood Elf Templar
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    What were the Q&A today?

I don't recall the rest, some of the answers were very long and detailed, but they did answer my question #1515 on Page 51 about the Error 209 Patch Manifest launcher bug. Gina said they were aware that a lot of players were affected by it after patches and that the solutions offered in the Knowledge Base didn't always help. They are working on it. I was grateful for the acknowledgement.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    What is the ground-speed velocity of an unladen Guar?

Banded or Tessellated?

@SturgeHammer you are awesome! I was hoping ZOS was going to reply with something like that. :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on May 25, 2015 12:22AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey Q&A from last Friday getting posted here today?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭

Holiday in the US. So he's probably not in the office.

Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

Holiday in the US. So he's probably not in the office.

Oh I see thx!

Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

As we adventure through Tamriel and we begin the Veteran level zones there seems to be something missing. Any player who wishes to pick up or return an undaunted pledge or crafting writ is required to port back to his original faction in order to do so. Is there ever going to be a time when those bulletin boards and Undaunted Enclaves we have in Veteran areas will be accessible as well?
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Solace of Shadows
    Will crafting become more complicated in the future? I miss the variety of ingredients used in Alchemy. I would like to see extra drops from mobs or critters like in the other Elder Scroll games, (Butterfly Wings, Giants Toe, Vampire Dust, etc.) along with the current ESO drops.

Provisioning could also be expanded in this way. Meat from animal mobs as well as critters and various vegetables could be found in the natural world of Nirn, not just in barrels. Possibly another world skill line under Hunter if they make critters more difficult to hit.

The difficulty in this (exempting all the technical issues) would likely be inventory space. Which would be alleviated by a purchasable home to hold containers (Jars only allowing Alchemy ingredients? Basement barrels only for food?)

Of course, purchasable homes will likely be available in the future but it will be likely in the far future. Just like expanding the world to include underwater exploration, likely in the future, but the far future.

I hope this game survives long enough to grow into such complexity.
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the reasoning for the intended mechanic that has the Templar Focused charge ability and its morphs having a additional global cooldown whereas the other gap-closers in the game such as shielded charge do not?

I am having difficulty reconciling why a Dragonknight can use the invasion skill and immediately do additional damage to a stunned target whereas a Templar would not be able to do the same thing using its class ability.
    Options
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay, @randolphbenoit. We'll be posting the AUA questions and answers tomorrow. If you want to catch the recording, our YouTube video of last week's episode is live.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Patato
    Patato
    Soul Shriven
    Is there going to be any new weapon sub classes such as a caster which focus on all the magic such as frost fire shock restoration plus being able to combine elements like fire and shock or fire and frost to make a cold flame which burns and also adds a freezing effect so it could be much more like magic used in skyrim because it would be a ton of fun instead of using a staff
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patato wrote: »
    Is there going to be any new weapon sub classes such as a caster which focus on all the magic such as frost fire shock restoration plus being able to combine elements like fire and shock or fire and frost to make a cold flame which burns and also adds a freezing effect so it could be much more like magic used in skyrim because it would be a ton of fun instead of using a staff

I don't know anything about spellcrafting, but what you describe sounds like what it might be if/when it is implemented.
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxsun wrote: »

I don't know anything about spellcrafting, but what you describe sounds like what it might be if/when it is implemented.

Well, as I understand it, the guy who was heading up spellcrafting left ZOS and it's been on the backburner for quite a while now. Hopefully they have someone else who is going to pick it up, because it really did sound like a great addition to the game.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans on having the containers in the Outlaws Refuges lootable??
    Options
  • Katsibrokos
    Katsibrokos
    ✭✭✭
    I m relatively new player in ESO (playing for 2 months now) and my biggest problem is high latency. Are we going to have a solution to high latency in EU? Not only in Cyrodiil but in every map, every hour of the day. Its not only about me but it concerns almost every single person i know who plays ESO. Latency outside Cyrodiil is always between 150-250ms in non prime time and usually 250+ in prime time.
    Im also playing or played many other mmo's and never had this problem. WoW/WildStar/SWTOR/RIFT/GW2/TERA are some of them and my latency depending the game and the time of the day is ~60-90ms.
    So, what is happening with ESO? Is it going to get better or this is what it is and what its going to be anyway?
    Thank you.
    Edited by Katsibrokos on May 27, 2015 6:20AM
    Wood Elf Templar
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    We know of Nirn and its two moons, Jode (Masser) and Jone (Secunda). Jode is the larger moon. Could you please tell us about the rest of the solar system in which Nirn resides (color of sun, number and size of plants and their names). Also how does the gravity on Nirn compare to that of Earth?

Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Jaxsun wrote: »

Well, as I understand it, the guy who was heading up spellcrafting left ZOS and it's been on the backburner for quite a while now. Hopefully they have someone else who is going to pick it up, because it really did sound like a great addition to the game.

Lame
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    With more and more players joining the game, competition for traders gotten crazy. The cost of bid vs money made from sales has greatly widen. Guild traders are now costly due to small amount of traders available. It comes down to rich guilds pushing out smaller ones. What are some suggestions for smaller guilds to compete and are their future plans to add more traders?

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know of Nirn and its two moons, Jode (Masser) and Jone (Secunda). Jode is the larger moon. Could you please tell us about the rest of the solar system in which Nirn resides (color of sun, number and size of plants and their names). Also how does the gravity on Nirn compare to that of Earth?
    This comes from Cosmology, a Michael Kirkbride text, and Realms of Mundus at UESP:
    • There are eight planets, which are Akatosh, Arkay, Dibella, Julianos, Kynareth, Mara, Stendarr, and Zenithar. Akatosh is the Eye of the Warrior, Arkay is the Eye of the Thief, and Julianos is the Eye of the Mage. Stendarr orbits Julianos, and Dibella orbits Mara. Mara in turn orbits Zenithar.
      OB-interior-Orrery_%28labeled%29.jpg
    • Magnus (the sun), insofar as it is a hole, cannot have a colour, and is therefore merely a visual representation of the magic of Aetherius amidst the blackness of Oblivion.
    It would be great to know if the guys at ZOS consider this part of their canon, since some of it is from Bethesda devs in an unofficial capacity.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc thx that a great help, and agree be nice to know the official word on this.

Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possible server for oceanic mega server?, if console sales do well as lag is brutal in Australia.

Also as it would take a full episode for but to discuss and show the possibilities of each topic in the Improving On ESO series?.
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @randolphbenoit
    Could you please tell us about the rest of the solar system in which Nirn resides (color of sun, number and size of planets and their names).
    I think I can answer you that one.

What you see HERE is The Aurbis. The Aurbis is the universe. Nirn is the center of The Aurbis, so it's more of a Nirnic System.Outside of The Aurbis is The Void. The Void the plane of utter nothingness.

There are 3 planes:
    • The Mortal Plane (Mundus) that encompasses Nirn, its moons, and the 8 Aedric "planets".
    • The Daedric Plane (Oblivion) that encompassesthe 16 major Planes of Oblivion, each ruled over by one of the Daedric Princes, and over 37,000 other minor planes, including chaos realms and pocket realities.
    • The Immortal Plane (Aetherius) the origin of all Magicka.The soul of a dead person, assuming they are not earthbound for some reason, goes to Aetherius, to continue on as a spirit. Aetherius, like Oblivion, consists of a multitude of realms. E.g. Sovngarde & Far Shores.

Magnus (The Sun) and stars are actually holes into Aetherius. The planets are the Daedric/Aedric planes.
    Also Secunda does not revolve arround Nirn, it actually revolves arround Masser which in turn revolves arround Nirn, it's like the moon of a moon.

Anything else you wish to know go HERE. If what you seek isn't there I'd advise you go to: Uesp, Imperial Library, TesLore.

Agh! Bother and befuddle! Got here too late... Enodoc already answered.

Edited by Ghrimn on May 27, 2015 1:47PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    @randolphbenoit
    Could you please tell us about the rest of the solar system in which Nirn resides (color of sun, number and size of planets and their names).
    I think I can answer you that one.

What you see HERE is The Aurbis.
    Now that's a nice picture. I dislike any diagram that depicts the realms of Oblivion as spherical entities in a surrounding space, but otherwise I really like it :) .
    Agh! Bother and befuddle! Got here too late... Enodoc already answered.
    :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ghrimn and @Enodoc Thx! Great info!

Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Enodoc
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Now that's a nice picture. I dislike any diagram that depicts the realms of Oblivion as spherical entities in a surrounding space, but otherwise I really like it :) .

Yeah... "infinite mass of infinite size". The Aedric planets are also like that I think, not just the Daedric ones. One could say those diagrams are the most correct, since if we were to see The Aurbis we would see it like that, due to our poor little stressed minds.
    Anyways, you probably already know all of that :lol: .

Edited by Ghrimn on May 27, 2015 2:22PM
    Options
  • Skatmat
    Skatmat
    Will you add into the crown store, the ability to completely redesign your character? More than just a simple barbershop. Change race/gender, body proportions, etc, every option that was available when one first made the character? (except for faction and class change of course) <3 Will you also add name change option?

You guys have made a very detailed and complicated character customization, at the beginning it's so easy to 'abuse' it, sometimes one starts to greatly dislike the looks one created, but, to reroll at veteran rank 14? Hm, nope. :(
    Edited by Skatmat on May 27, 2015 5:32PM
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any plans on balancing PvP ? Also any plans on nerfing fear, crystal fragments, blazing shield, and inhale.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.