Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey Where the Q&A from last Friday ESO Live?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey Where the Q&A from last Friday ESO Live?

Being posted very soon!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Below are the Ask Us Anything questions from the 5/8 episode of ESO Live. Enjoy!

How will trophy/achievement support work on PS4 and Xbox One? – dayedpsn
    Both console versions of ESOTU will have trophies/achievements, as you’d expect. They are account-based and work like every other PS4 and Xbox One game. You can view them through your console profile. We also have in-game achievements as they exist on the PC/Mac version of the game.

Would it be possible to add the Campaign name to anything which involves being in Cyrodiil? For example, on the Group and Guild rosters, the Friends list, and the loading screens for Cyrodiil and its delves (and Imperial City, Sewers and Districts when they arrive). That way, we would know which instance friends are in when trying to group, and also which instance we are loading into if we logged out from some Cyrodiil delve six weeks ago and can't remember which campaign that delve is in.
    Example: References to "Breakneck Cave" changed to "Breakneck Cave (Thornblade)". – Enodoc

This is a good suggestion. It’s possible that we could add this in a future update. We’ll discuss it.

Would you consider adding map and compass icons for the Imperial Milegates and Bridges in Cyrodiil? It would be useful for navigation if we could see where they are from a distance on the compass, like keeps, so we can go directly towards them rather than having to constantly check their exact position on the map. – Enodoc
    We have considered adding map icons for those key structures and locations like the Bridges and Milegates however we currently are butting up against some limitations on the amount of map pins allowed in a zone—Cyrodiil has an abundance. If we can get around those limitations, it’s possible.

There are 21 Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil which have map markers, 7 in each territory. Yet there are a number of other named Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil, some of which are bigger than those with icons (such as Rielle.) Is there a plan/reason for those which were specifically given icons, considering there are 7 in each territory? – Enodoc
    Ayleid ruins that are major ruins with lots of creatures inhabiting them usually have Point of Interest icons but as you noted, some have slipped through due our current limitations with how many POIs we can put on a single map (such as Cyrodiil).

Do you plan to offer alternative skills or mechanics to folks poor at animation canceling as an alternative to the current meta that requires it be used in most challenging fights or pvp? – HeroOfNone
    Adding heavy attacks into your damage rotation is easier than light attacks. We have a number of ways to increase heavy attack damage such as the Dragonknight’s Molten Weapons, Sorcerer’s Bound Armaments and the Undaunted item sets.

Would you be able to confirm whether or not the summoned pets are able to take advantage of sorcerer passives like disintegrate; or are they only affected by Daedric Prey, Empowering Ward, and the sorcerer's magicka? Are there any stats/skills other than those three which affect them? – Nahz
    Disintegrate does not buff the pet damage, however Exploitation does. A Sorcerer’s Magicka pool and Critical Strike rating are used to determine the pet’s attributes and stats. As of the next update, this will mean pets get to double dip from Exploitation – benefitting from you casting it on yourself, and benefiting from you casting it on the pet.

Blade Cloak - I noticed that when leveling up this ability, none of the ranks actually seem to do anything (no duration change, no cost change, no damage change, nothing.) This is the only ability that I know of that exhibits no change from Ranks I-IV or even after morphing the ability (I chose Quick Cloak.) Is this intended or a bug? – Varicite
    You are correct. All abilities should increase in some aspect as they rank up. With Blade Cloak there was a minor bug we just fixed where the increase was smaller than expected and sometimes not seen at lower levels.

PvP is very tough for new Vet 1 characters mostly death followed by more deaths. Is there any plan to balance the Veteran campaign and make it a bit easier to get into and not have every keep/resource fall to the larger team of uber lv Vet14's in under 10 minutes? – AshTal
    In the future we would love for Veteran Ranks 1-13 to be granted battle-level stats if players desired. For now, we are looking at the difficulty of NPCs and keep wall/door health as possible counters, but that can only go so far since Non-Vet and Standard (veterans allowed) campaigns share the same data set. We are keeping longer-term solutions in mind.

Why is my gamertag displayed instead of my character name or UserID? – Lots of console beta testers
    We display PSN IDs on PS4 and gamertags on Xbox One instead of character name or UserID to be consistent with the already established social mechanisms available through Microsoft and Sony.

What major changes from the Beta to the Release version are taking place? How old was the Beta version we played? – Hawk269
    Major changes include the introduction of the QuickChat system, and of course bug fixes and polish.

World Bosses are interesting and I love that they provide small rewards and experience, but could we please see something like a Fighters Guild Bounty board to hunt these bosses down on a daily or weekly basis to earn a reward? It would renew the interest in the world bosses and provide another way for veteran players to earn experience and rewards. – Shadesofkin
    We like it! No promises, but we’ll think on this one and see if we can figure something out.

Will we see an early access to the console version like you guys did with the pc version? – Heromofo
    We will not have an early access period for the console launch of ESOTU, but you will be able to log in at midnight your time on June 9th and begin playing.

Will we ever see the Vampires of Morrowind, like Berne, Aundae, and Quarra Clans while traveling through Morrowind. – Arielle Jurard
    Divayth Fyr says, “These clans of vampiric pests are native to Vvardenfell, and are rarely encountered on the mainland—if ever.”

Are there any plans to give criminals the option to cure vampirism and/or werewolf? Currently this is impossible with a large and un-payable bounty. – Brizz
    This is something that we’ve discussed a couple of times, but currently we haven’t scheduled it for a full design yet. We do think this should be an option for perma-criminals, but we have to carefully consider how this affects gameplay—we want there to be some incentives for paying off bounties from time to time. However, we definitely are considering this in the future.

How do I effectively level the Legerdemain skill line? It feels like it levels so slowly. What should I do to train it more quickly? – Wooshpower
    This is a matter of personal style, and there are several ways to go about it. If your primary concern is leveling Legerdemain quickly, then look into poaching and selling stolen guts and animal parts. Usually there are only a couple farmers near farm animals, so you can typically kill their livestock before they notice – and if you do get noticed, you’re probably on the outskirts of town so you can run away from guards quickly enough. The risk for poaching is fairly low, and you won’t feel terrible if a guard confiscates your poached animal parts.

Now, you won’t get much coin for this and it might not be as exciting as stealing from homes, but you’ll rank up fairly quickly. Another quick option would be to steal from the barrels and furniture that you see in towns. It’s faster than pickpocketing or killing, and also much safer. Some homes and businesses have loads of containers, and you can gather a lot of any quality item very quickly. It has a bit more risk associated with it, though, but it would be good if you wanted to feel more thiefy and less stabby. You should always also expand your Legerdemain passive “Trafficker” as soon as you can, so you are using your fence to the maximum while doing this.

Lastly, make sure to both fence and launder up to your daily cap each day, as each item processed through the fence gives a point of legerdemain experience. And once you’ve maxed your daily caps, you can continue to gain progress (albeit slower) by continuing to pick locks and pickpocket. You can even save up blue-quality stealables to sell to a fence the next day—just make sure not to get caught!

Does it snow in Daggerfall? If yes then what celebrations and traditions do they do? – Randolphbenoit
    Phrastus of Elinhir says, “Thanks to warm currents to the west in the Eltheric Ocean, it rarely snows in Daggerfall, but the Bretons of that city-state nonetheless celebrate all the winter holidays of the Iliac Basin, particularly the New Life Festival at the turn of the year.”

Will we ever see the Cadwell Silver and Gold quests amended so rather than a mystic dream we are sent by our own faction to the other zones to continue working for them, or are you planning on moving away from these quests and going to add in a different/better way to go from vet 1 to vet 11? – AshTal
    We don’t have plans to change the Silver and Gold quests, but we are currently working on ways to make accessing them more straightforward. Once we’ve got a solution we’re happy with, we will message it out to all our players.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade Cloak - I noticed that when leveling up this ability, none of the ranks actually seem to do anything (no duration change, no cost change, no damage change, nothing.) This is the only ability that I know of that exhibits no change from Ranks I-IV or even after morphing the ability (I chose Quick Cloak.) Is this intended or a bug? – Varicite
    You are correct. All abilities should increase in some aspect as they rank up. With Blade Cloak there was a minor bug we just fixed where the increase was smaller than expected and sometimes not seen at lower levels.

Thank you very much for answering my question, @ZOS_JasonLeavey, I appreciate it. : )

However, I could not find anything about this ability in the 2.0.8 patch notes, and as I have the ability already leveled up, I'm unsure of what is actually supposed to increase from Rank to Rank.

I don't suppose you could possibly clear this up?

• Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    My questions:

Why have you not fixed lag in PVP?

Why do so Templar Toppling charge and Solar Barrage have GDC that no other classes suffer?

Why are so many Templar skills channeled and long animation compared to other classes?

Why did you remove passive from restoration staff that incrased all healing (inluding templar only heals) claiming it was wrong in tooltip for over 9 months?

Why do Templar and DK have no escape skills like NB and Sorcs, its very improtant in the CS:GO shooter PVP ESO currently is.

Why does it exist better stamina build buffing sets then magica sets?

Why does a 2 handed sword give more spellpower then a 2 handed staff?

Why does Templar puncturing strikes and morphs and Eclipse and morphs add Hard CC in PPV?

Why is it easier to gain weapon power then spellpower?

Are you happy with current time to kill in PVP?

Why did you incrase templars magica cost for radiant ward + nerf player health ?

Why have you not fixed shield charge + talons creating unbreakable CC yet?

Why does AE Root like Talons not create Hard CC when Templar Jabs single target knockback and 0.5 sec stun does it?

Why does Nirnhoned armor give so mutch bonus?

Why does it not exist a physical damage reducing Champion skill (considering all other type of damage reducing exist), since the most burst from PVP come from stamina builds?

Can you make magica detonation scale off number of targets hit so it become a zerg buster it was supposed to be?

Edited by Saft on May 11, 2015 5:59PM
  • Nth
    Nth
    Soul Shriven
    Is there going to be a companion app? I believe this will seriously be awesome for the game.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for taking the time to try and address my question last ESO live, but it missed the mark completely.

- do you plan to offer alternative skills or mechanics to folks poor at animation canceling as an alternative to the current meta that requires it be used in most challenging fights or pvp?

The response
    "Adding heavy attacks into your damage rotation is easier than light attacks, we have a number of ways to increase heavy attack damage such as dragon knight's molton weapons, sorcerers bound armaments, and the undaunted Item set"

I will try to reword:

- What builds with armor sets and skills have devs used to test things like speed runs on veteran spindleclutch, veteran Darkshade Caverns, and trials like Aetherian Archive that work well with poor animation canceling? A lot of these require a lot of DPS thar seems can only be achieved with proper attack weaving that is not well documented or hinted at in the game.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on May 11, 2015 7:41PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to try and address my question last ESO live, but it missed the mark completely.

- do you plan to offer alternative skills or mechanics to folks poor at animation canceling as an alternative to the current meta that requires it be used in most challenging fights or pvp?

The response
    "Adding heavy attacks into your damage rotation is easier than light attacks, we have a number of ways to increase heavy attack damage such as dragon knight's molton weapons, sorcerers bound armaments, and the undaunted Item set"

I will try to reword:

- What builds with armor sets and skills have devs used to test things like speed runs on veteran spindleclutch, veteran Darkshade Caverns, and trials like Aetherian Archive that work well with poor animation canceling? A lot of these require a lot of DPS thar seems can only be achieved with proper attack weaving that is not well documented or hinted at in the game.

I fail to see how they didn't answer your question. They basically said "Yes, use heavy attacks in your rotation instead, and we added buffs to those".

To cancel a heavy attack is pretty simple, you hold down the button and spam your ability. As soon as the heavy attack is able to be cancelled, it will be by the ability you're spamming. Then just do the same thing again, etc.

Are you asking if there are competitive builds that don't use animation cancelling AT ALL, or simply stating that some people aren't great at it, so there should be an alternative? Because their answer seems to be to the latter.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

The response

I will try to reword:

I fail to see how they didn't answer your question. They basically said "Yes, use heavy attacks in your rotation instead, and we added buffs to those".

To cancel a heavy attack is pretty simple, you hold down the button and spam your ability. As soon as the heavy attack is able to be cancelled, it will be by the ability you're spamming. Then just do the same thing again, etc.

Are you asking if there are competitive builds that don't use animation cancelling AT ALL, or simply stating that some people aren't great at it, so there should be an alternative? Because their answer seems to be to the latter.

Please read the original question post, and possibly the original discussion post, that spurred the question.

As for the response, the abilities they listed don't really help folks that are poor with animation canceling, as the animatin cancelers will actually use these in a weave and produce a high burst of damage. It was intended as "here's this different play style that can suit poor animation cancelers so they can still be viable in a mechanic we never intended, but now have made a requirement.

So in the rewording, I'm looking for the build they used to level set the challenge modes for dungeons and trial difficulty, preferably the ones not using animation canceling or using only moderate canceling. If there isn't one, a few of those questions become more important, like why do we have a lack of tutorials on this for new players when it's a requirement for winning.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Patato
    Patato
    Soul Shriven
    is there going to be a pole arm/ spear skill tree/ weapons also a 1h/ magic with all of the staffs magic plus illusion magic and 1h staffs
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to disable guild voice chat channel based on ranks in the console version of the game like PC players are able to do with text chat?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to add the Campaign name to anything which involves being in Cyrodiil? [...] – Enodoc
    This is a good suggestion. It’s possible that we could add this in a future update. We’ll discuss it.

Would you consider adding map and compass icons for the Imperial Milegates and Bridges in Cyrodiil? [...] – Enodoc
    We have considered adding map icons for those key structures and locations like the Bridges and Milegates however we currently are butting up against some limitations on the amount of map pins allowed in a zone—Cyrodiil has an abundance. If we can get around those limitations, it’s possible.

Is there a plan/reason for those [Ayleid Ruins] which were specifically given icons, considering there are 7 in each territory? – Enodoc
    Ayleid ruins that are major ruins with lots of creatures inhabiting them usually have Point of Interest icons but as you noted, some have slipped through due our current limitations with how many POIs we can put on a single map (such as Cyrodiil).
    Oh wow, all three questions :) Thanks guys!

Map pin limitations - never considered that may be a problem. Could that be addressed by splitting the Cyrodiil map into three parts, one for each territory? Then on the existing Cyrodiil zone map, you could have just the AvA Keeps, Resources, Milegates and Bridges, and on the Territory maps you could have the POIs within that territory. That would remove some 94 icons from the 187 on the zone map, and divide that into about 60 icons for each territory.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, i have some questions that i wanna ask :)

1.When we will be able to craft jewelry ? Or at least improve it.
    2.Are u going to add execute to DKs ? Cause now every class except them have it.
    3.While i'm raiding i can see some of my groupmates doing something wrong, and don't admit that by themselves. Can u add some sort of nickname indicator (on the top of the head), that we can turn on like a toggle (like a bubble chat) at least raid leaders :wink:
    Edited by X3ina on May 12, 2015 1:36AM
    SW GoH > ESO
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to pre download the game on consoles before release?
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing a video with the controls for the console version of the game I noticed that there is no Auto-run key. I think this is essential, cause it makes gathering materials and traveling through the world much more relaxing. Is there any plans to add it to consoles? It could be L2 + D-pad Up for example.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All abilities should increase in some aspect as they rank up. With Blade Cloak there was a minor bug we just fixed where the increase was smaller than expected and sometimes not seen at lower levels.

So, uh, after trying to figure this out...

I STILL have no idea what is supposed to be increasing per rank. I'm having to base this on Quick Cloak II, since it's already upgraded past Rank I-IV Blade Cloak.

The duration is still 15 seconds, the duration of the Major Expedition buff is still 5 seconds, the damage reduction is still 20%, and the damage of the ability still seems to be based on my Weapon Power stat.

@ZOS_JasonLeavey I don't suppose you could clarify this a little more, since nobody saw fit to actually put this in the 2.0.8 patch notes and I am STILL completely at a loss for what it SHOULD be doing when gaining ranks?
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Merric at-Aswala (the redguard character in the Fighter's Guild questline) have a different redguard shield than any other redguard styled shield? I confirmed that the shield he has is the concept drawing on your website for the redguard shield however it seems when the game was implemented, we are left unable to craft any shield that resembles that. The shield has the shape of the orcish style but designs of the redguards. Am I just being taunted and left jealous of his shield because we aren't unable to get one like his?

Also since his shield is dyed the same color as his armor, it shows you have the capabilities to do shield dyes. So once again, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET SHIELD DYES?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Doomstriker
    Will the PS4 version of ESO support remote play with the playstation vita?
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    will you ever add or at least think about
    followers and/or killing witness - removing bounty

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • hmr13.76preeb18_ESO
    The plans of the developers have thought about the opportunity of migrating from NA server to EU server or who wants the opposite with saving characters ? For example option in the Crown Store ? Very need.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you planing to do anything to help players have better control over what stage their vampire is in and how long they remain in a chosen stage?

Are there any further plans to provide vampires with a way to look as they did when mortal? Please recall that Matt did mention the possibility of a costume and now that the crown store is open, is this idea being revisited?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Durok's Bane set is a PvP vendor heavy set so I assume intended to be used in PvP so why does it have the sturdy trait which is completely useless for PvP?

2) Given you have taken the sturdy trait out of the monster sets does that mean you are going to change the trait to something else?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • KrisButtar
    KrisButtar
    ✭✭✭
    Can you reveal the console specific achievements/trophies?
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for an armchair talk about player housing :)
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very Minor I know, but would it be possible to allow me the option to Sheath my 2 swords on my back please?
    I'm pretty sure the Sorc does this when casting Shards and it looks amazing, please make it so for my Nightblade.
    Thanks.
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this may be answered before but here it goes :)

If I buy the game straight from Playstation Plus, I can downloaded and play it. If I buy the game box, do I need to always have the CD into ps4 to play? (I know in Destiny I must have it in all the time :( ). I generally prefer game boxes to keep them for collection reasons, but if I need to have the cd inside when I play I will have to chose the ps store.
    Heromofo wrote: »

tKieRbn.png

Edited by Earelith on May 14, 2015 3:46PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earelith wrote: »
    Ok this may be answered before but here it goes :)

If I buy the game straight from Playstation Plus, I can downloaded and play it. If I buy the game box, do I need to always have the CD into ps4 to play? (I know in Destiny I must have it in all the time :( ). I generally prefer game boxes to keep them for collection reasons, but if I need to have the cd inside when I play I will have to chose the ps store.
    Heromofo wrote: »

tKieRbn.png
    I can answer this for ya its apart of the pinned thread now.

Simple answer yes the cd is needed at all times if you do that path better to go psn store.

Long answer
    ZOS_GaryA
    admin
    Hey there everyone,

A unique game key will not be required for physical editions The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 . As with any other physical copy on these platforms, only the game disc will be needed for verification. This means that you are able to share the game disc with a friend, or purchase a pre-owned copy of the game without any issues.

We apologize for the confusion caused by any previous comments, and look forward to seeing everyone in Tamriel on June 9th for the console release.
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on May 14, 2015 11:29PM
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    When can we expect the riding lessons and xp potions in crown store?

After the console transfer?
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so in 1.6 we were given the 'First stage' of the justice system that allows stealing and murder etc...
    However at Quakecon, Paul Sage (All Praise The Sage) mentioned that they would be adding the option for players to be guards and bounty hunters with active PvP in the game. When I heard this I was so excited because I love PvP and especially small scale, open PvP which Would be SO COOL, and I think many people agree with me.

Are we getting the next part of the Justice system (If so When can we expect it?) Or was it cancelled and are people just happy with the NPC's and stealing.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
This discussion has been closed.