Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

• granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Victus wrote: »
    maryriv wrote: »
    I guarantee you all these people voting NO would definitely buy a dragon if it became available in the CS :)

I guarantee you'd be wrong.

I'll bet you a million gold.

Seems pointless as if that option becomes available, I will no longer be playing the game. I guess I could collect the million gold before logging off for good though.

this comment is childish and immature imo, this is a hypothetical tread but the majority of people that say i would support zos the matter what and then say " if they add this im done " is a joke imo, it doesn't mater what they add it can only make the game better if you don't like flying mounts don't use them if they add them, why would it affect you or hinder you playing if you don't use them and someone else does.
    Meh!
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I would pay thousands of crowns, maybe tens-of-thousands of crowns for a flying mount!

You would pay over $100 for a MOUNT?

at least £25 for rare mount that fly's
    Meh!
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I guarantee you all these people voting NO would definitely buy a dragon if it became available in the CS :)

Nope, I'd cancel my subscription and immediately uninstall the game.
    Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    No

Seems pointless as if that option becomes available, I will no longer be playing the game. I guess I could collect the million gold before logging off for good though.

this comment is childish and immature imo, this is a hypothetical tread but the majority of people that say i would support zos the matter what and then say " if they add this im done " is a joke imo, it doesn't mater what they add it can only make the game better if you don't like flying mounts don't use them if they add them, why would it affect you or hinder you playing if you don't use them and someone else does.

Actually I think it I am handling quite maturely, simply leaving if something like this bothers me so much, rather than whine or call people names.
    I have not said I support ESO no matter what and then gone on to say I will leave if they add flying mounts.
    I do not like the concept of flying mounts in this game (hovering ground mounts are different).
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

OK, confirmed for troll... Nobody can possibly make a statement like that and be serious.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    UrQuan wrote: »

OK, confirmed for troll... Nobody can possibly make a statement like that and be serious.

i can confirm i am not a troll :-)
    Meh!
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Yes, it is amazing that people are so attached to the defining qualities that actually make this an Elder Scrolls MMO rather than any other kind of MMO, isn't it?

You'd almost think that there might be a correlation between the use of this particular setting and them choosing to be here, wouldn't you?

How many nightmare steeds are there in the lore?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Snit wrote: »
    Wrong game.

ok ?

because you say so ?

Do you even ES ?
    ... Mai cave. >:3
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Lenikus wrote: »
    Snit wrote: »
    Wrong game.

ok ?

because you say so ?

Do you even ES ?

lol yes i do
    Meh!
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    the devs just said on live twitch they want to be able to fly :-) love it !
    Meh!
    Options
  • VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not unless they were on a separate upgrade system to ground mounts and therefore I could get more storage by buying one. That is the only reason I have a horse after all, the capacity. I do not use it for travel as I do not enjoy moving around the world so fast and making the game smaller.

I do worry that even if I did not use a flying mount, others doing so would affect my experience as it would make the world feel so much emptier on the ground. No running past people etc. every one would be up in the air and that seems a bit sad to me.
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would pay 10,000 USD for a flying mountable Harpie that screams in a pitch that puts out ears (sonic attack).
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would pay thousands of crowns, maybe tens-of-thousands of crowns for a flying mount!

You would pay over $100 for a MOUNT?

Sure, maybe even... $200. My 8 mil gold is worth around $640. Buying a mount for $200 just adds to the asset value of the collection.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Yes, it is amazing that people are so attached to the defining qualities that actually make this an Elder Scrolls MMO rather than any other kind of MMO, isn't it?

You'd almost think that there might be a correlation between the use of this particular setting and them choosing to be here, wouldn't you?

All The Best

Check my posting history... you might find a post or two speaking out against those for similar reasons.

Hint: You really will.
    Options
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would wreck the game. The game world isn't designed for it.

It's worth noting that the MMO that made flying mounts popular, WoW, backed away from them in their latest expansion and don't seem to be keen on allowing flying mounts to be used in the WoD expansion zones anytime soon. This speaks volumes.
    Options
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

If it came out you'd have to buy it or be slower then everyone else, I think most of the no votes are for zo$ adding it thou..

Side note, this would destroy gankplay :(
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Cernow wrote: »
    Would wreck the game. The game world isn't designed for it.

It's worth noting that the MMO that made flying mounts popular, WoW, backed away from them in their latest expansion and don't seem to be keen on allowing flying mounts to be used in the WoD expansion zones anytime soon. This speaks volumes.

devs said after swimming under water is developed they want to be able to fly :-)

i 100% agree with them and i want to fly to.

Meh!
    Options
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    zones are not large enough to warrant a flying mount. rapid manuver stacks with mounted speed and can be cast while mounted. use it.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    devs said after swimming under water is developed they want to be able to fly :-)

Did they really say that?

:open_mouth:

/fanboispikedetectedbraceforshockwave
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All The Best

Check my posting history... you might find a post or two speaking out against those for similar reasons.

I'm sure I will.

But my point was that the "defining quality" or "lore" argument is dead.

The "steed that breaks lore" cat is well and truly out of the bag.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

All The Best

I'm sure I will.

But my point was that the "defining quality" or "lore" argument is dead.

The "steed that breaks lore" cat is well and truly out of the bag.

All The Best

It isn't dead while they still market this as Elder Scrolls Online. The Devs may seem to be paying the title of their own game no attention whatsoever but that that doesn't mean we have to.
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

Did they really say that?

:open_mouth:

/fanboispikedetectedbraceforshockwave

yes at the end :-)

Meh!
    Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    DO - NOT - DO - THIS
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If flying mounts ever came to ESO, I would quit... Srsly.... I despise the whole concept of flying mounts in an MMO. And when I say I am serious... I mean it... Srsly...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    like i said i would pay at least £25 for one of these mounts and so would alot of other people, and saying your going to quit is not going to make zos not put them im the game if they want to. :-)

#BringOnFlyingMountsInESO
    Meh!
    Options
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Rohaus wrote: »
    If flying mounts ever came to ESO, I would quit... Srsly.... I despise the whole concept of flying mounts in an MMO. And when I say I am serious... I mean it... Srsly...

Sorry to smash you down like this but threatening to quit if this or that is added to the game is so 80´s by now that its almost as silly as throwing water at the rain to try scare it away...
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

If it came out you'd have to buy it or be slower then everyone else, I think most of the no votes are for zo$ adding it thou..

This isn't a problem for me. I don't even use way shrines when I don't have to. 2 zones away and I'm called back to the Harborage? Time to climb aboard my mount and get to it!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

This isn't a problem for me. I don't even use way shrines when I don't have to. 2 zones away and I'm called back to the Harborage? Time to climb aboard my mount and get to it!

can you not tp to Harborage ?
    Meh!
    Options
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Raash wrote: »
    Prizax wrote: »
    I will never understand those who complain about the lore...

Its not even a lore problem... the vestige and his/hers adventures is like unheard of in the game history after this game already so there are ways around that. As I mentioned earlier stuff as time travel where the vestige could bring a flying creature back to the present would be easy to fit into the game, especially since time doesnt really move forward so story and lore wise it could be that the event of a flying mount was only for a few hours while for us(the players) it would be permanent.

Except that doesn't work. In the space of a few hours for the NPCs in, for example, the whole of Cadwell's Silver and Gold they might have encountered a be-dragonbacked hero who solved all of their problems? This. Makes. No. Sense.

This is a reach argument that attempts to side-step the impact on lore of including something that has no place in this time period just because you want it. No.... and more No.

Come back and try again when you have decided to make an argument that is, at least, internally consistent.

You are the one bringing "reach arguments", I provided a very straight forward suggestion on how to implement flying mounts. It would work if they want it to. Period.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LOL @ "lore breaking"! Haven't you guys ever played Skyrim?

https://youtu.be/r0P5EQwEx9I
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options