Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cernow wrote: »
    Would wreck the game. The game world isn't designed for it.

It's worth noting that the MMO that made flying mounts popular, WoW, backed away from them in their latest expansion and don't seem to be keen on allowing flying mounts to be used in the WoD expansion zones anytime soon. This speaks volumes.

devs said after swimming under water is developed they want to be able to fly :-)

i 100% agree with them and i want to fly to.

And did they give an ETA on that under water swimming? ;)
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of yourse would I buy a flying mount if they exist, because then it will be necessary.

But I simply don't want them to be added.
    Reason is clear: For now there is no advantage for having one, as everything is accessible.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    nastuug wrote: »

It's worth noting that the MMO that made flying mounts popular, WoW, backed away from them in their latest expansion and don't seem to be keen on allowing flying mounts to be used in the WoD expansion zones anytime soon. This speaks volumes.

devs said after swimming under water is developed they want to be able to fly :-)

If they DID start working on it, it would only take a year (their words). Clearly flying mounts should be worth a years development, i cant think of any other content that would be better.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    No
    No flying mounts the game is already so small.
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

If they DID start working on it, it would only take a year (their words). Clearly flying mounts should be worth a years development, i cant think of any other content that would be better.

That's a big IF. :)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    How come there is no "This poll is a shameless attempt to get ZOS to add dragons" option?
    :trollin:
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Flying mounts would be interesting if they were level locked at say max level and limited to non pvp areas. A sort of end game content addon.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    WuTang wrote: »
    Wouldn't even want it to be added.

Flyings are so stupid and should not be even in the game.

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would like to put the motion out to the ESO forum that this thread be renamed the Maryriv crusade. The posts made by him in a single page exceed the total % in the poll
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dont delude yourself, roughly half of the Yes votes are players who do not want anything to do with flying mounts, but only voted yes because they know it would be forced upon them.
  • Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The question was "If they were put in" - then yes. Everyone would be using them and I would too. But I hope they aren't put in.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Terminus1 wrote: »
    The question was "If they were put in" - then yes. Everyone would be using them and I would too. But I hope they aren't put in.

Why exactly?
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    maryriv wrote: »
    Terminus1 wrote: »

Why exactly?

Players want to be able to experience the game by moving through the world, not flying as quickly as they can from point A to point B. Theres massive amount of effort put into the games visual design, which would be bypassed.

Theres players who log obscene number of hours searching for hidden rock paths or random objects trying to climb as high as they can to different points of the map/zones to get that perfect screenshot to share, claiming they are king of the mountain!

Skyshards and other achievements, areas that are supposed to be more challenging to be able to get to because you have to fight your way through hordes of mobs just to get to that point.

The list goes on. By merely offering this you would be unknowingly denying new players who did not experience the game to its original design to get the mount and skip everything. And old players would no longer live IN the world, but flying past it.

Its not that players wouldn't like the convince, they just are appalled by what it would actually cost.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would I buy a flying mount is they were available?

No, but I hope they implement them and make it so we can use them for target practice.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    JKorr wrote: »
    Why is this thread still on the first page? Let it die already.

I can tell you don't like where it's going :)

Where is it going? You constantly repeating the same statements over and over while other posters point out the problems with flying mounts? So far the No option on the poll is leading. Perhaps you are the one having the issue with where this is going.

I sense someone is mad! There are no "problems with flying mounts".

You can't get to a quest area except by following the path the devs want you to take.

Shazam!!!! You get the flying mount *you* want. And now areas can be reached without hitting any of the pathing markers or triggers the quest requires. How much work to revamp areas so you can ride your flying gryphacornagon that poops rainbows? How much delay would revamping already completed areas cause? Clipping? Crashing? Loading screens going from one cell to another? Lag when your "everyone" are all flying in the same cell at the same time. Just look at Cyrodiil; no one ever has any lag issues when large numbers of players are all doing their thing at the same time. No one has ever complained or gotten mad about lag in Cyrodiil.

Of course *everyone* wants more glitches and broken quests. I never see any complaints on the forum about glitches and broken quests, or even the time it takes for new content to show up.

Whatever. At this point I think you're either intentionally trolling, or intentionally ignoring anything or anyone that doesn't agree with you. So whatever.
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, because it would be mandatory. However, it would ruin the game imo.

How exactly would it "ruin the game" so are you saying that wayshrines "ruin the game"

I'm not sure how Wayshrines and flying mounts are on the same level... But... Flying mounts change the view. There's a reason WoW takes away flying for every new expansion- it was a mistake. You design a game around topography and vista's, then completely crap on them with being able to fly over it all.

Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would like to put the motion out to the ESO forum that this thread be renamed the Maryriv crusade. The posts made by him in a single page exceed the total % in the poll
    Wait, is @maryriv a guy? I assumed from the name (which seems to include Mary as part of it) the opposite. Not that it matters...
    I voted yes, because it would be mandatory. However, it would ruin the game imo.

How exactly would it "ruin the game" so are you saying that wayshrines "ruin the game"

I'm not sure how Wayshrines and flying mounts are on the same level... But... Flying mounts change the view. There's a reason WoW takes away flying for every new expansion- it was a mistake. You design a game around topography and vista's, then completely crap on them with being able to fly over it all.
    I totally agree, but at the same time I would really like it if there was an item/spell/ability you could get that would allow you to levitate up to a decent height above the ground while staying in the same spot. You know, just to be able to get up high and look around at the view. There are some great views from the ground, and from some of the high points you can get to, and seeing this from up higher would be really cool. You'd still want to go up mountains and such for the view, because you would be able to get even higher when levitating on a mountain peak.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Slurg wrote: »
    The question was not whether there should be flying mounts in ESO; the question was would you buy one if ESO had them.

If flying mounts existed in ESO, of course I would buy one. I would be at a steep disadvantage if I did not.

When one asks "Would you buy a flying mount?", and there are no flying mounts ingame presently, the next logical and reasonable comment/question IS "whether there should be flying mounts in ESO". One demands the other.

No, it really does not. That part isn't up to us anyway. It's not like flying mounts are going to come into being based on any poll. One could just as easily demand that the question be paired with the question of how likely it is flying mounts will be introduced in the future (I don't think it's likely at all but that isn't relevant). It's logical to answer the question asked, not the one you think should have been asked.

It has been interesting to see how upset and enraged some people get about the theoretical possibilty of flying mounts though.
    Edited by Slurg on May 11, 2015 5:12PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Some people defend it, other (myself included) seems to think it's a... 'dumb' idea; to say the least.

The game is not meant for flying. Period.
    What would you have it do? get 10 people with flying whatever creature that exists in Lore and is big/strong enough to carry a player, and simply fly over the walls of a keep, get to the flags and PvE it? or simply fly above the gates straight to the temple ? Or just skip *every* enemy on the way of a quest or something?

Now, if it's a 'flying' mount just like the 'flying' Imps, harpies and matriarch things, that fly, but are still bound to the ground, as their flying simply is 'hover 40cm above ground' flying. That is okay. They would just be regular, ground mounts with floating animations..
    But then again, adding snares and/or immobilizing effects to it would what? be useless as they are immune (p2w) ? or simply illogical?
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    If they ever make the game world large enough and convert it to seamless then I would be ok with a flying mount depending on what the mount is ( No Dragons for example ). Or maybe even a hovering mount like the Netch I would be ok with but right now I will say no to both buying one and wanting them in the game.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Slurg wrote: »
    The question was not whether there should be flying mounts in ESO; the question was would you buy one if ESO had them.

If flying mounts existed in ESO, of course I would buy one. I would be at a steep disadvantage if I did not.
    I do not want to see flying mounts in ESO, but just like this poster, I would have to buy one if they were implemented.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

No they didn't say that. There was an offhand comment about if they develop underwater environments players will want the sky to be accessible also. It was a joke and a comment about underwater being a slippery slope and was likely also a passive aggressive justification for not working on underwater content.

Edited by Gidorick on May 11, 2015 5:56PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I put yes simply because I think the game is beautiful and a slow flying mount to let me see it from different views might be amazing!
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Sidney wrote: »
    I put yes simply because I think the game is beautiful and a slow flying mount to let me see it from different views might be amazing!

agree with you on this one ESO will look even better from above :smile:
    Edited by granty2008cyb16_ESO on May 14, 2015 9:17PM
    Meh!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Gidorick wrote: »

No they didn't say that. There was an offhand comment about if they develop underwater environments players will want the sky to be accessible also. It was a joke and a comment about underwater being a slippery slope and was likely also a passive aggressive justification for not working on underwater content.

How dare you rebut with factual information!
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    NOT AT ALL
  • gman092803ub17_ESO
    No
    for all the people saying no i would give you 20 minuets after seeing the first flying mount before you went and bought one yourself. :-)

not likely.......
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Gidorick wrote: »

How dare you rebut with factual information!

the dev did say he wants to fly this is fact go to the end of the live stream. go to 2:00:49 in the video and listen for yourself

http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/4824460?t=2h000m41s
    Edited by granty2008cyb16_ESO on May 15, 2015 8:43AM
    Meh!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Sidney wrote: »

Oh God.. Pink letters.... My eyes hurt...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    For the love of Talos, make this thread go away.... Please... :-/