Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

• Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think, that flying mounts would offer anything in this game. I am strongly against in the game's current state.

But I would like to have mounts, that can swim.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Prizax wrote: »
    I will never understand those who complain about the lore...

Its not even a lore problem... the vestige and his/hers adventures is like unheard of in the game history after this game already so there are ways around that. As I mentioned earlier stuff as time travel where the vestige could bring a flying creature back to the present would be easy to fit into the game, especially since time doesnt really move forward so story and lore wise it could be that the event of a flying mount was only for a few hours while for us(the players) it would be permanent.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Raash wrote: »
    Prizax wrote: »
    I will never understand those who complain about the lore...

Its not even a lore problem... the vestige and his/hers adventures is like unheard of in the game history after this game already so there are ways around that. As I mentioned earlier stuff as time travel where the vestige could bring a flying creature back to the present would be easy to fit into the game, especially since time doesnt really move forward so story and lore wise it could be that the event of a flying mount was only for a few hours while for us(the players) it would be permanent.

Except that doesn't work. In the space of a few hours for the NPCs in, for example, the whole of Cadwell's Silver and Gold they might have encountered a be-dragonbacked hero who solved all of their problems? This. Makes. No. Sense.

This is a reach argument that attempts to side-step the impact on lore of including something that has no place in this time period just because you want it. No.... and more No.

Come back and try again when you have decided to make an argument that is, at least, internally consistent.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I guarantee you all these people voting NO would definitely buy a dragon if it became available in the CS :)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    As long as they make an active effort to make any flying (or maybe just hovering) mounts as non-lore-breaking/immersion-breaking as possible, and don't just start throwing dragons and unicorns at us, why not? I expect many are concerned about ridiculous items being added to the game and I relate to their concern massively. But if Zenimax is able to come up with a reasonable non-ridiculous 'flying' mount then I feel they should consider adding it, as they need the money and some players -will- appreciate the addition of new mount types. By flying, I do not expect they will fly- I expect a hovering mechanic, or the actual flying to last for short periods of time when using the sprint/jump button anyway. People are perfectly fine with a flaming horse and a cute lil fox (which I have to be fair), but a 'flying' mount? Oh hell no, better uninstall my game because of this atrocity, even if there are flying creatures in game that with some work may not be too horrendous as 'flying' (hovering most likely) mounts.

But alas, if people are really going to kick off about a flying mount, I propose a compromise- flying pets. Add a variety of non-lore breaking flying pets. A cluster of torchbugs, a wisp, a wasp, birds- we'd at least have some flying animals we could purchase of some sorts, if we couldn't have flying mounts. I feel the current variety of pets is a little lacking personally, as they are all ground bound and we can't interact with them or such anyway, so thats an idea to consider.

If you can't add a new mount type of the flying variety, the solution is simple- add stuff other than senches horses and guars to satisfy those who become bored of seeing variations of those mounts. I've seen plenty of threads with mount ideas, and I hope that they look them over seriously.

Going back to the poll question- would I buy a flying mount? Yes, as long as they make a reasonable effort to break as little lore and immersion as possible.
    Edited by HaldaAinur on May 8, 2015 12:52PM
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    UrQuan wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Sad part is, ZoS will read this and say "28% of player said they WOULD buy a flying mount, let's sell one."

That's what we are hoping for :-)
    72% of us are hoping that ZOS looks at this and says "72% don't want it, and we know from their comments that it would *** them off, and that many of them would leave the game over it, and since it would be a ton of development work anyway, we're not going to alienate our player base just to make a small group happy."

your only thinking just of the small amount of people on the forum, and not about all the people that play and don't come on the forum.

if it comes in people will live with it what else will you do go back to wow where there is also flying mounts lol XD
    Yeah, because I'm sure everyone who doesn't come on the forums has the exact same opinion as you! That's much more likely than the idea that their opinions may be split in similar proportions to the opinions of the other players who are just like them except for the fact that they come to the forums.

And no, a lot of people won't just live with it if flying mounts are introduced. A lot of people will quit the game and go back to single player TES games.

i do not believe it !
    Meh!
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    maryriv wrote: »
    I guarantee you all these people voting NO would definitely buy a dragon if it became available in the CS :)

I guarantee you'd be wrong.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Victus wrote: »

I'll bet you a million gold.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    nastuug wrote: »
    Heruthema wrote: »
    No No No!!!!

yes yes yes

no no no no no no

Go play WoW if you want that.

Why not
    Archage
    GW2
    FF RR?
    Wow just removed flying, they sell gold now too, just sayin ;)

So because other mainstream MMORPG's do it, this one should?

Lol you think this is a mainstream mmo?
    Those games are pretty successful was my point.
    Flying "air combat " is trending.
    Other point was the correction about wow.cheers.

Destiny doesnt have a chat box, eso just lost theirs.
    I thought we wanted mainstream?
    20 mill box sales cant be wrong rofl

We do want mainstream. But mainstream doesn't mean it has to be a WOW-clone. It doesn't mean we need some idiotic time-sink garrison to manage. It also doesn't mean we need to allow bots to overrun the zones.

Where the hell is this mentality coming from? Since when do you have to be #1 to be successful?

Lol wow clone is horrible example, as i said earlier! They have REMOVED flying. Sooo youre just contradicting yourself with that 1.

So you're saying that WOW no longer has any flying... at all?
    Edited by nastuug on May 8, 2015 1:06PM
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

i think he is right :-)
    Meh!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Agreed flying mounts would break the game for so id stop and wait for eso 6.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Heromofo wrote: »

Or Camelot Unchained. =P
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Or Camelot Unchained. =P

Aaah yes or CU
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

Or Camelot Unchained. =P

what if eso 6 come out with flying mounts as well.
    Meh!
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

You'd better start saving. If they ever add flying mounts to the game, I wouldn't buy one even if ZOS paid me to do so.

You can check on that, should they ever do so, so as to confirm that you need to start transferring that million ;) .
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Iluvrien wrote: »

You'd better start saving. If they ever add flying mounts to the game, I wouldn't buy one even if ZOS paid me to do so.

You can check on that, should they ever do so, so as to confirm that you need to start transferring that million ;) .

::buys flying mount w/ newly acquired million gold:: lolol
    Edited by nastuug on May 8, 2015 1:32PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Or Camelot Unchained. =P

Lore friendly hell yes i will love it
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

Or Camelot Unchained. =P

again with the lore :-)

Meh!
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Or Camelot Unchained. =P

Yes, it is amazing that people are so attached to the defining qualities that actually make this an Elder Scrolls MMO rather than any other kind of MMO, isn't it?

You'd almost think that there might be a correlation between the use of this particular setting and them choosing to be here, wouldn't you?
    Edited by Iluvrien on May 8, 2015 2:10PM
  • TruffleSnack
    TruffleSnack
    Soul Shriven
    No
    How are you gonna spot lorebooks, nodes n treasure chests on the ground if you're zooming around in the air? :D
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    How are you gonna spot lorebooks, nodes n treasure chests on the ground if you're zooming around in the air? :D

Addons ofc...

4a65fac217cbb981cefde54ab4bdd4b119bcb40d0a08cf3ffe10acd345275c60.jpg
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Wrong game.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Or Camelot Unchained. =P

Well i have read every ingame book and watched every shoddy cast plus played all elder scroll games from morrowind and above but read into the games before.

So i become a stickla for it but video game lore is to serve the game.
    So if you wanted flying mounts in this era.
    Then as long as zeni and beth agree to the new lore been put in and made sure that future games and dlc follow this new lore.
    Then im ok with it but if you bring in flying mounts without a proper setup like a dwemer hover bike then i have a problem.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 8, 2015 2:38PM
  • rbenkepub19_ESO
    rbenkepub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Flying mounts ruin immersion.
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Snit wrote: »
    Wrong game.

ok ?

because you say so ?
    Meh!
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    No

Seems pointless as if that option becomes available, I will no longer be playing the game. I guess I could collect the million gold before logging off for good though.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Flying mounts ruin immersion.

no if you don't use :-)
    Meh!
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would pay thousands of crowns, maybe tens-of-thousands of crowns for a flying mount!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    I would pay thousands of crowns, maybe tens-of-thousands of crowns for a flying mount!

we do love to fly :-)
    Meh!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

You would pay over $100 for a MOUNT?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!