Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Flying mount? Seriously? Its completely against lore

again with the lore :-(

some people want lore some people want flying mounts :-)

And some people go to jail for selling my tv.

Whats your point? Lol
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Heromofo wrote: »

Whats your point? Lol

my point is your video needed flying mounts as option 21 :-)

Edited by granty2008cyb16_ESO on May 7, 2015 9:20PM
    Meh!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Whats your point? Lol

Flying mounts at that!

edit: Damnit -- you corrected your post!
    Edited by nastuug on May 7, 2015 9:20PM
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    nastuug wrote: »

Whats your point? Lol

Flying mounts at that!

edit: Damnit -- you corrected your post!

lol fixed it :-)

edit: Damnit -- you edited your post to!

Edited by granty2008cyb16_ESO on May 7, 2015 9:25PM
    Meh!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Heruthema wrote: »
    No No No!!!!

yes yes yes

no no no no no no

Go play WoW if you want that.

Why not
    Archage
    GW2
    FF RR?
    Wow just removed flying, they sell gold now too, just sayin ;)

Again show me a flying mount in TES lore during this period. Show me a flying mount in TES in any period other than a Dragon Born. Which was either 100's of years earlier or a thousand years latter.

Morrowind -- Pterodactyl critters. ;)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No No No!!!!

yes yes yes

no no no no no no

Why not
    Archage
    GW2
    FF RR?

Again show me a flying mount in TES lore during this period. Show me a flying mount in TES in any period other than a Dragon Born. Which was either 100's of years earlier or a thousand years latter.

I used to track where I'd been in Morrowind by all the dead cliffracers on the ground. They did wonders for leveling my marksman skills.

Never once did I see any cliffracer that had a saddle and bridle. They were the equivalent of flying skeevers, not mounts.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    JKorr wrote: »
    No No No!!!!

yes yes yes

no no no no no no

Why not
    Archage
    GW2
    FF RR?

I used to track where I'd been in Morrowind by all the dead cliffracers on the ground. They did wonders for leveling my marksman skills.

Never once did I see any cliffracer that had a saddle and bridle. They were the equivalent of flying skeevers, not mounts.

Just saying it was one of the few flying critters that could possibly be used. Don't get me wrong, I'm still firmly rooted in the opposition to flying mounts. :)
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Sad part is, ZoS will read this and say "28% of player said they WOULD buy a flying mount, let's sell one."

Sure, if they wanted to lose the other 78% of the player base.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

Yes, again with the lore, since Tamrielic Lore is THE base core to every TES game since 1994. You want flying mounts, thats cool, play WoW. Yes, they went B2P, but it was to get consoles launched and the problems with Microsoft not playing nice with Sony, not from feedback. But I really doubt they will throw out 20+ years of established lore. The back lash would be horrendous from the core fan base and No to dragons also. If you want a dragon, wait 948 years, they will be back then.
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sad part is, ZoS will read this and say "28% of player said they WOULD buy a flying mount, let's sell one."

That's what we are hoping for :-)
    72% of us are hoping that ZOS looks at this and says "72% don't want it, and we know from their comments that it would *** them off, and that many of them would leave the game over it, and since it would be a ton of development work anyway, we're not going to alienate our player base just to make a small group happy."
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    UrQuan wrote: »

72% of us are hoping that ZOS looks at this and says "72% don't want it, and we know from their comments that it would *** them off, and that many of them would leave the game over it, and since it would be a ton of development work anyway, we're not going to alienate our player base just to make a small group happy."

Hopefully.
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

your only thinking just of the small amount of people on the forum, and not about all the people that play and don't come on the forum.

if it comes in people will live with it what else will you do go back to wow where there is also flying mounts lol XD

Meh!
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I will never understand those who complain about the lore...
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Prizax wrote: »

Spawned from single player TES games. What do you expect?
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Prizax wrote: »

Spawned from single player TES games. What do you expect?

this is not a single player game anymore though.

times change, games change to compete with competition.
    Meh!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

your only thinking just of the small amount of people on the forum, and not about all the people that play and don't come on the forum.

if it comes in people will live with it what else will you do go back to wow where there is also flying mounts lol XD
    Yeah, because I'm sure everyone who doesn't come on the forums has the exact same opinion as you! That's much more likely than the idea that their opinions may be split in similar proportions to the opinions of the other players who are just like them except for the fact that they come to the forums.

And no, a lot of people won't just live with it if flying mounts are introduced. A lot of people will quit the game and go back to single player TES games.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure.
  • connor_worlineub17_ESO
    No
    NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO flying mounts would ruin the game. ZOS put soooooo much detail and work into this world and flying mounts would make it so you dont notice all the perfect little artful details. They will NEVER add something as dumb as flying mounts. i hope to malacath they dont.
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    why is this even a conversation still?
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If we ever get flying mounts... I want to just get wings for my Khajiit.
    g3Na4Zv.png?1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Gidorick wrote: »
    If we ever get flying mounts... I want to just get wings for my Khajiit.
    g3Na4Zv.png?1

Take%20my%20Money.jpg
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love a flying mount, but I doubt this game engine can support it. All the zones have skyboxes and invisible walls everywhere.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The biggest reason against it is likely technological limitations, though.

Even something that hovers off the ground would require new animations and physics. The latter being the more difficult part, as it would make no sense to take fall damage without hitting the ground.

Wait you DID play Skyrim right?

I don't think Physics were ever really Bethesda's strongpoint...
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Oh.

My.

GOD.

The level of "I'm-going-to-take-my-toys-and-go-home-if-this-ever-happens" is UN. REAL.

While I wouldn't mind flying mounts, I'm perfectly happy with the way the game is now. If there's a good reason NOT to add them, I don't mind being convinced of that, either.

What I would REALLY like, though, is the ability to dive under the water. Not new underwater content; just the ability to go under what we already have. To me, the slaughterfish gimmick really takes away from suspenion of disbelief, particularly in Cyrodiil.

Back to flying, though. I wouldn't mind the Spellcraft system introducing a LIMITED levitation spell. I really miss those from Morrowind...

Or maybe even a double jump that we could buff through the Champion System.

Ah, well. That's my rambling pair of Septims...

:)
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Why not, lore is already broken, lets do it!
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No No No!!!!

yes yes yes

no no no no no no

Why not
    Archage
    GW2
    FF RR?

So because other mainstream MMORPG's do it, this one should?

Lol you think this is a mainstream mmo?
    Those games are pretty successful was my point.
    Flying "air combat " is trending.
    Other point was the correction about wow.cheers.

Destiny doesnt have a chat box, eso just lost theirs.
    I thought we wanted mainstream?
    20 mill box sales cant be wrong rofl

We do want mainstream. But mainstream doesn't mean it has to be a WOW-clone. It doesn't mean we need some idiotic time-sink garrison to manage. It also doesn't mean we need to allow bots to overrun the zones.

Where the hell is this mentality coming from? Since when do you have to be #1 to be successful?

Lol wow clone is horrible example, as i said earlier! They have REMOVED flying. Sooo youre just contradicting yourself with that 1.
    I havent seen a bot since 2014....if you see em report em i guess.oh wait i get, zone chat = a zone full of bots? Is that the connection?

For better or worse this game and gw2 are super ssimilar (aside from new expansion ) and wouldnt call either a wow clone.

Destiny has speeder tricks! We should get some cool fancy moves for when were riding our mounts too!
    Destiny has raids that can be soloed .....we should do that aswell..

I honestly dont really care about flying mmounts, just sick of hearing how OPTIONAL play styles RUIN games lol.
    Well i walk everywhere GROUND mounts ruin mmos! We dont need em with wayshrines ..../-end devils advocate
    Edited by Naivefanboi on May 8, 2015 4:40AM
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm really amused by how many people seem to think flying mounts would ruin the game. How exactly would flying destroy ESO? I don't see the big danger. Perhaps it could be a worry in Cyrodil...gates would be pretty useless there...but other than that I think it would be cool. Its not going to happen, because such an addition would require a huge amount of work, but I would buy one for sure. :)
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

Yes because flying mounts could just end up how WoW does them.
    You must complete each zone before you can fly.
    You cannot fly in Cyrodiil. As cool as that would be it would just ruin the point of breaking through walls.

Due to this game being so young and buggy there are bigger fish to fry.
    They would have to change mountains and borders.

With how the game is now it just would no work.
  • gstewart0413b14_ESO
    No
    No, they are not in the cannon (ESO is before Skyrim, nuts [politically correct exclamation, you know what to substitute. Dragon mounts would be cool]). However, Morrowind did have a levitation spell that when your mage could restore magicka fast enough was a flight spell. And that is cannon.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    What are we even talking about here? What kind of flying mounts? There are no dragons, so what, unicorns? What is there that flies in ES other than dragons? Anything other than dragons would break lore...and for that matter, so would dragons. So, No, no flying mounts.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn