Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

granty2008cyb16_ESO
Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO
Edited by granty2008cyb16_ESO on May 6, 2015 6:21PM
Meh!

Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO 583 votes

Yes
30%
kewlmanyrabidratsThe_DrexillVyshanthesilverball_ESOebo_bootsniffer_ESOc.p.garrett1993_ESONivzruo_ESONaivefanboiKettastevenbennett_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOlecarcajou_ESOSlurgMissionMisterBigglesworthLawfulEvilPKMN12DarastixZhoyzu 179 votes
No
69%
ZazaajiNobleNerdArgoniawindElloaakredon_ESOMataataAsia_Skylygradius_ESOwayfarerxStevK44_ESODevolusGidorickGilvothk9mouseSeñorCincokevlarto_ESOAett_ThornseanvwolfThymosbosmern_ESO 404 votes
  • WuTang
    WuTang
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Wouldn't even want it to be added.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would buy a flying pet. Especially one with a 'perch on shoulder' option
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    NO
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    no
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    WuTang wrote: »
    Exactly. It'd be super lore-unfriendly (yes, there have been and will be flying conveyances, but none that would make sense as a mount), and the existing zones clearly aren't designed with flying in mind.
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Well now, that's another story... Just think of all the jokes that could be made about whether that parrot on your shoulder is dead, or just pining for the fjords...

Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    for all the people saying no i would give you 20 minuets after seeing the first flying mount before you went and bought one yourself. :-)
    Meh!
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. Thanks.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Would breakk ALL immersion, allow you to get outside the map. Would be [snip] stupid in PVP, Would allow you to skip most of the greatly crafted game world. Would make you overlook small details that make the game great. Would be absolutely STUPID. (I don't mean to come across mean or rude but that's just how it is.)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 17, 2015 5:47PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    All sides point to yes! Ok, I know it's an indulgence, and possibly idiotic. But I just like to fly, man.
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The community has spoken it seems.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I can see it now, a whole new reason to hate cliff racers all over again.
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    the community spoke on eso staying a subscription game but hey look we can now play for free.

if there is cash to be made there they will put flying mounts.
    Meh!
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If it were a cliff racer, yes. If not gtfo
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    UrQuan wrote: »
    WuTang wrote: »
    Exactly. It'd be super lore-unfriendly (yes, there have been and will be flying conveyances, but none that would make sense as a mount), and the existing zones clearly aren't designed with flying in mind.
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Well now, that's another story... Just think of all the jokes that could be made about whether that parrot on your shoulder is dead, or just pining for the fjords...

61961878.jpg

HumzDgO.gif

No but seriously. If they were added, I would use one. If the question was if they should or shouldn't add them, my answer might be different but going on the basis of the question at hand; I'm not going to sit on the ground while everyone else is flying around.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This game isn't designed to handle flying mounts. It's about as logical as adding a levitation spell. It would be by definition exploitable and broken or it would hover 1 foot off the ground and be no more useful than a regular horse.
    Edited by redspecter23 on May 6, 2015 6:45PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I love flying mounts especially in wow

Buut

Flying mounts will break the lore even futher for this era

This would require alot of work to the point where they could spend an entire year like wow pretty much did but on a bigger scale as they slowly had it in.

More content for a year or flying mounts mmmm?

This would destroy Cyrodil unless it was rebuilt

• Wyietsayon
    Wyietsayon
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not actual flying. Something that flew along the ground, sure. But with aerial controls, going up and down, nah. Why? Because the game wasn't designed to be played that way. Cliffs are designed to block passage, you can't stand on roofs, mobs are supposed to be able to knock you off your mount, etc. And I don't want invisible walls everywhere.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    this would pretty much break PvP. You wouldn't need to siege anymore. You would just hop on your flying mount, land on castle roof, and take the pins without ever letting the owning faction know that it was under assault.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It would be pointless as it would follow the same paths as the current mounts. It would take exceptional programming to make it work otherwise and id rather that time spent on dlc.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    the community spoke on eso staying a subscription game but hey look we can now play for free.

if there is cash to be made there they will put flying mounts.

1. Alot of us would not stand for this
    2. The required work for this is huge i dont think you get adding new levels on top of each other.
    3. It would require alot of time and money that means we could see another massive content drought
    4. Alot of resources and money for little to give back
    5. It would break all sides of the lore people like my self couldn't stand for it
    6. Cyrodil would have to be rebuilt for pvp from the ground up

Look i can go on and on and im not saying i hate flying mounts because i love them and had so many in wow.
    But i cannot see them apart of eso ever lol.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    The question was not whether there should be flying mounts in ESO; the question was would you buy one if ESO had them.

If flying mounts existed in ESO, of course I would buy one. I would be at a steep disadvantage if I did not.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Slurg wrote: »
    The question was not whether there should be flying mounts in ESO; the question was would you buy one if ESO had them.

If flying mounts existed in ESO, of course I would buy one. I would be at a steep disadvantage if I did not.

It wont happen and if it does goodbye eso

1. Alot of us would not stand for this
    2. The required work for this is huge i dont think you get adding new levels on top of each other.
    3. It would require alot of time and money that means we could see another massive content drought
    4. Alot of resources and money for little to give back
    5. It would break all sides of the lore people like my self couldn't stand for it
    6. Cyrodil would have to be rebuilt for pvp from the ground up

Look i can go on and on and im not saying i hate flying mounts because i love them and had so many in wow.
    But i cannot see them apart of eso ever lol.

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No, i would immediately cancel my subscription and uninstall ESO
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would buy but I must say the chances of having one is small. I actually hope they don´t bring anything like that into the game. The flying horses/ unicorns/ pigs don´t fit in the lore of TES. Talking about this levitation skill would be awesome addition. No to flying animals except dragons. I will keep the door open for dragons. The dragons are cool :)
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Knight150
    Knight150
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hell yes, don't understand the no's at all
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    I would buy but I must say the chances of having one is small. I actually hope they don´t bring anything like that into the game. The flying horses/ unicorns/ pigs don´t fit in the lore of TES. Talking about this levitation skill would be awesome addition. No to flying animals except dragons. I will keep the door open for dragons. The dragons are cool :)

Big Harpy
    Meh!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    for all the people saying no i would give you 20 minuets after seeing the first flying mount before you went and bought one yourself. :-)

no thanks...I recall when flying mounts were brought to Azeroth....its was so cool at first and then the world got too small.

Imagine Cyrodil lag with flying mounts...ppl just falling from the sky DEAD

joking....but all seriousness, it isn't something that I'd like to see unless a big DLC patch added dragons to kill and sometime later dragon mounts made sense.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Knight150 wrote: »

Aaah alot of us are worried about the lore eso bends it abit already we dont want it going further.
    But its ok in eso live they pretty much said it wont happen so we are lucky.
    Im fighting for player housing and guild halls over things like this.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 6, 2015 7:03PM
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    If they added this, I would probably give in to buying it because "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." However I, and I hope the community would as well, fight tooth and nail so this wouldn't happen.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Knight150 wrote: »

Aaah alot of us are worried about the lore eso bends it abit already we dont want it going further.
    But its ok in eso live they pretty much said it wont happen so we are lucky.
    Im fighting for player housing and guild halls over things like this.

I think the larger concern is that content can easily be skipped over, thus making the world feel much smaller. Completely counterproductive to what has been in development for years.