Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just had a look at the UI for PS4

liammozzb16_ESO
liammozzb16_ESO
✭✭✭
youtu.be/QAnThKbSjNY

That UI looks amazing can't wait to try it out. I think it looks a lot more fluid.

Edit posted a link instead of the video. Haha it took 99 views before anyone said the link was broken.
  • Jackles
    Jackles
    That actually looks quite nice, I'm surprised.
    NA, AD, V14 Breton Sorcerer (:
  • vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    Please post the link instead of video, thanks
  • DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Video removed.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    vichoi wrote: »
    Please post the link instead of video, thanks
    Video removed.

Sorry about that

youtu.be/QAnThKbSjNY

There's the link
    Edited by liammozzb16_ESO on April 9, 2015 5:50AM
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came, I clicked, it was broken, I moved on.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they bring the same UI options to those of us who own PCs with Xbox controllers.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    CodexMMO wrote: »
    I hope they bring the same UI options to those of us who own PCs with Xbox controllers.

Put on a flame retardant suit and run to the hills. RUN MOFO RUUUUUN. Dems fightin words in ere boy!

In all seriousness though I hope so to
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks a lot like SkyUI. Looks good :)
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmfao @ skyui.
    It steal lacks the basic of mmorpg features and ui elements NEEDED.
    Puh-lease.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anoteros wrote: »
    lmfao @ skyui.
    Puh-lease.

What features are those?
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    I wish I could increase the font for the menus on the pc version, I play on a TV not a monitor whilst lounging around on my bed. But it's doing wonders for my abs having to lean forward every now and again. I really hope they decide to bring in game voice chat to the game, that would make life so much easier.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • Demeos
    Demeos
    ✭✭✭
    Original Source Video from Twitch:
    [In-game console footage starts at 41:19]
    twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Demeos wrote: »
    Original Source Video from Twitch:
    [In-game console footage starts at 41:19]
    twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

BoXQBkRCQAAQqIy.jpg:large

Thanks my phone would load up twitch properly to get the link
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they used Skyrim's UI for consoles. Big deal...

I still would like to see a UI overhaul on PC to include basic features such as inventory subcategories, crafting menus outside crafting stations to check known recipes/styles/traits, word search in guild stores...
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anoteros wrote: »
    lmfao @ skyui.
    Puh-lease.

What features are those?

The little things that make a UI complete...

Like you're out in the wild and you've found a bunch of crates and food/drink ingredients, but you can't remember which ones you need... and since you have limited inventory, you don't want to fill your bags with junk you can't use. So, you go to check your recipes... but, oops! You can't!

Those little things. There are lots of examples in ESO.

When you have to pretend it's 1970 and you're writing things down on a notepad like it's a PnP game, because the game gives you no access to the information you need when you need it, then the UI isn't complete and certainly isn't robust.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling they just never hired a ui dev. maybe after beta.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Already confirmed that controller support is coming to PC, just not in time for console launch. The UI would obviously be coming with it, and considering Xbox 36o and xbone controllers are by far more popular then dualshock 3/4 on PC, rest assured that is the design which will be used.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI....
    So just keep in mind that drastic UI changes on PC sometimes result in no add-on support
    While I never use add-on and always use a controller on this game since Nov 2013, I don't know if the PC population will welcome UI add-on limiting changes.

It didn't go over well at all in closed BETA
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI....
    So just keep in mind that drastic UI changes on PC sometimes result in no add-on support
    While I never use add-on and always use a controller on this game since Nov 2013, I don't know if the PC population will welcome UI add-on limiting changes.

It didn't go over well at all in closed BETA

UI changes don't necessarily mean broken add-ons. UI and APIs are two different things.

Unfortunately, ESO has a history of deprecating APIs with every change, breaking add-ons every time (sometimes for nothing more than a name change for the API function).
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    reminds me of the Skyrim interface, which is what I was expecting in ESO anyway...
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    reminds me of the Skyrim interface, which is what I was expecting in ESO anyway...

I reckon someone from Bethesda was sent over so they didn't muck it up lol
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭

I reckon someone from Bethesda was sent over so they didn't muck it up lol

lol lets hope!
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice, but I'll take my keyboard / mouse + addons.

Not sure if it's just the way the guy is playing, but it really seems like aiming through multiple enemies or having to spin your camera is going to be a pain on consoles.

Like I said, could just be this video clip, though. However, the UI does look very much like Skyrim, which should make a lot of players happy.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Looks nice, but I'll take my keyboard / mouse + addons.

Not sure if it's just the way the guy is playing, but it really seems like aiming through multiple enemies or having to spin your camera is going to be a pain on consoles.

Like I said, could just be this video clip, though. However, the UI does look very much like Skyrim, which should make a lot of players happy.

The first thing I am doing is plugging in my M&K just to see if it works like it does on FF:RR. Them have some fun doing PvP.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I see is you have scroll vertically through your inventory. Most of the time, if they categorize this, it wont' be too bad. But if your farming loot, it could take while to find the item you want.

I could probably learn the button layout for the Skills as they are not sub-menued like I have seen with some X-Padders schemes (not sure about how everything else is going to be mapped), but I do prefer the Keyboard and Mouse. Too bad that won't be an option for the consoles.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Put on a flame retardant suit and run to the hills. RUN MOFO RUUUUUN. Dems fightin words in ere boy!

In all seriousness though I hope so to

I play with a controller. I only use keyboard for chat. And I've never had any problem. With the right Xpadder profile, you can do almost everything. Anyone who thinks that a controller player just can't hang with their OH SO SUPERIOR mouse and keyboard needs a reality check. I've had no problem doing just fine in PvE and PvP.
    Edited by Pallmor on April 9, 2015 2:59PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I do prefer the Keyboard and Mouse. Too bad that won't be an option for the consoles.

Has this been confirmed? : /

That's surprising that they wouldn't let you plug in a keyboard / mouse if you prefer that. One step forward, 2 steps back, I guess.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why they wouldn't. I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse currently working with my ps4 and testing it out with demo of the latest final fantasy online.

Although, honestly, once I got into the game, I pretty much didn't touch the keyboard and mouse at all since the controller was so easy to use. It might be the same way for ESO when it comes out on console. We will see in about 2 months.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've confirmed the fact that keyboards can be used for typing/chatting on both systems, it's even in the official Help Support area thing, but there is no mention of if they will support keyboard and mouse for actual gameplay or not.
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Varicite,

To clarify, you will have the option of using a keyboard for chatting on the console version of the game, if you prefer the QWERTY life over voice chat. :)

EDIT: everyone can find an update to this answer later on in the thread, located here.
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on April 18, 2015 9:54PM
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post