Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The List of missing Provisioning Writ Recipes

Woolenthreads
Woolenthreads
✭✭✭✭
So there have been multiple threads on finishing low level Provisioning Writs and I once suggested that we needed a list of the problem recipes. For a while the only recipes that had been mentioned were just three L10 food recipes but recently someone complained about others in a thread, so I will start the list. If you have one that pops up on your writs that you can't get a recipe for (or need to swap characters to make) and it's not on the list tell me and I'll add it.
  • Baked Apples L1 Fruit (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Banana Surprise L1 Fruit (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Baked Potato L1 Vegetable (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Fishy Sticks L1 Meat (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Carrot Soup L1 Vegetable (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Chicken Breast L1 Meat (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Golden Lager L1 Alcohol (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Red Rye Beer L1 Alcohol (common recipe though annoying not to have)
  • Bog Iron Ale L5 Alcohol (common recipe)
  • Mazte L5 Alcohol (common recipe)
  • Surilie Syrah Wine L5 Alcohol (common recipe)
  • Lemonflower Mazte L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe)
  • Clarified Syrah Wine L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe)
  • Four Eye Grog L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe)

The following players are willing to provide food/drink on this list upon request (and if I've assumed wrongly just say so and I'll remove you). If you would like to be added to the list just say so. All trade is between the Provisioner and his customer.

PC
  • woolenthreads (NA).
  • Nestor (NA)
  • Maester.White (assumed NA)
  • Rohais (NA)
  • Iluvrien (EU)
  • Tarukmockto (assumed NA)
  • Sarem (NA)
  • ashlee17 (NA)
  • Khenarthi (EU)
  • Pomaikai (NA)
  • Shadow Chef (NA)

PSN
  • x_MERC_EM_x ()
  • Drax976 (NA)
  • bryanhaas (NA)

XB1
  • Jayne Doe (NA)
  • Beardimus (EU)
  • Adamski Alders (EU)
Edited by Woolenthreads on January 20, 2016 10:51AM
Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to buy Four Eye Grog and Lemonflower Matze.

Give me mats and those recipes and I'll craft you a full set of Seducer Armor.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So there have been multiple threads on finishing low level Provisioning Writs and I once suggested that we needed a list of the problem recipes. For a while the only recipes that had been mentioned were just three L10 food recipes but recently someone complained about others in a thread, so I will start the list. If you have one that pops up on your writs that you can't get a recipe for (or need to swap characters to make) and it's not on the list tell me and I'll add it.
    • Lemonflower Mazte L10 (hard to get recipe)
    • Clarified Syrah Wine L10 (hard to get recipe)
    • Four Eye Grog L10 (hard to get recipe)

It's good of you to take the time and make this thread. For anyone who needs one of these recipes, it may be distressing, but not hopeless. I have seen every one of these recipes over the last 7-10 days, either found in game or for sale. Just keep looking.
    Edited by Ourorboros on April 6, 2015 1:22PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I want to buy Four Eye Grog and Lemonflower Matze.

Give me mats and those recipes and I'll craft you a full set of Seducer Armor.
    LOL "No thanks, I got me own". Unfortunately, I can't sell the recipes as they're learnt on characters, but I can sell the foods themselves. I also have one VR character who has all of the non-nirnonhed Traits, so I can make whatever I need :). The poor sods suffering in the low ranks of Provisioning need help with their writs though. I'm trying to join a guild with kiosks so that I can at least put some supply up somewhere (probably at 750/5 for the single ingredients and 1500/5 for the dual ingredients ie cost of ingredients).

#edit: Apparently Ourorboros and I posted at about the same time :)
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 6, 2015 3:53AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having finally picked up Clarified Syrah Wine and Four Eye Grog last week I have started making stacks of 10 of some of these things and placing them in the Guild Store of the Trade Guild I am a part of. No kiosk for that one so I can't make them more widely available. Sadly. I will have to find another Trade Guild.

In the mean time, if anyone is horribly stuck for these two then they are more than welcome to track me down in game (EU-Pact).

With regards to this thread, I would second the Four Eye Grog and Lemonflower Matze being added to the list!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Having finally picked up Clarified Syrah Wine and Four Eye Grog last week I have started making stacks of 10 of some of these things and placing them in the Guild Store of the Trade Guild I am a part of. No kiosk for that one so I can't make them more widely available. Sadly. I will have to find another Trade Guild.

In the mean time, if anyone is horribly stuck for these two then they are more than welcome to track me down in game (EU-Pact).

With regards to this thread, I would second the Four Eye Grog and Lemonflower Matze being added to the list!

Paragraph 1: Me too, though I have been informed in forums that I'm in, I suspect it was on EU haven't seen an IG-mail.
    Paragraph 2: They should be able to just IG-mail you, regardless of faction, on EU server. The same applies to me but on the NA server, COD, and it might take 12 hours to receive, so please don't wait for an emergency.
    Paragraph 3: Thank you, though there was no need to second it, the 3 L10's happen to be the most PITA recipes for new players to obtain, as per at least 3 prior threads about provisioning. That's why I put them on there. Thankfully, none of the L15 seem to show up in Writs.

#edit: Sorry I had to edit because I wrote while hungry, which makes me a little "impolite". Now I've eaten I've realised it was rude :)
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 6, 2015 4:18AM

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the Four eye grog recipe (or lack of it) has just gotten under my skin. Tried .... about a couple dozen guild traders yesterday and couldn't find it. Not even over priced - just not f-ing there at all.....

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got Lemon Flower Mazte(actually bought a stack of 100 of the drinks), Clarified Syrah Wine and 4 Eyed Grog this last week. Two from Provisioning Writs, one from a Guild Store. Prior to that I just bought the finished product.

It helps to have 4 characters doing L1 Provisioning Writs. I will soon move them up to L2 to chase those recipes.
    Edited by Nestor on April 20, 2015 10:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭

All of these are for sale in Guild stores, check Rawl'kha top 5 guild stores there.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »

All of these are for sale in Guild stores, check Rawl'kha top 5 guild stores there.

Let me get this straight. You want Players of L1-L15 and non-AD players to make their way to Rawl'kha? :) With the number of characters I have, I still haven't made it there.
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    For some reason the Four eye grog recipe (or lack of it) has just gotten under my skin. Tried .... about a couple dozen guild traders yesterday and couldn't find it. Not even over priced - just not f-ing there at all.....
    I have learnt all of these recipes, listed in the original post, on at least one character send an IG-mail if you need a batch.
    Nestor wrote: »
    I just got Lemon Flower Mazte, Clarified Syrah Wine and 4 Eyed Grog this last week. Two from Provisioning Writs, one from a Guild Store. Prior to that I just bought the finished product.

It helps to have 4 characters doing L1 Provisioning Writs. I will soon move them up to L2 to chase those recipes.
    I owe you Nestor so if you need foods to tide you over and I can make them or even better have the recipe handy, you get them gratis for asking :). I think I have all of the L2 and L3 green recipes learnt.

#Edit: One of the issues I see with this thread is that most players don't use the forums so the thread will eventually disappear into obscurity. I'm not bothered by that but I am bothered by the fact that a lot of those players will be frustrated but won't report which recipes are giving them trouble. I mean it was at least a fortnight after the thread that I'd suggested a list, before someone posted a thread complaining about the L1 and L5 recipes.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 6, 2015 10:27PM

• Ellorienne
    I play DC, and found all of those recipes except for fishy stick recipe - I had to buy that from a guild trader for 500g, and I haven't seen a copy before or since. It took me a week grinding Stros M'Kai, and having a dozen or so of each of the other recipes. Carrot Soup did take a while to drop, but it did eventually, and I had a half dozen of those in the end, too. As for the rest, I found those in Daggerfall in various buildings, and am currently only missing Isinmate Infusion. I started this character with the release of BtP on a different server, so am not relying on older content.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ellorienne wrote: »
    I play DC, and found all of those recipes except for fishy stick recipe - I had to buy that from a guild trader for 500g, and I haven't seen a copy before or since. It took me a week grinding Stros M'Kai, and having a dozen or so of each of the other recipes. Carrot Soup did take a while to drop, but it did eventually, and I had a half dozen of those in the end, too. As for the rest, I found those in Daggerfall in various buildings, and am currently only missing Isinmate Infusion. I started this character with the release of BtP on a different server, so am not relying on older content.
    I don't think any of my characters are younger than six months old and I have a very wide variety so I can't find out which recipes are a problem without destroying a character, which I don't want to do. This is why I want new players to contribute to the thread :), otherwise I have to comb the crafting threads for information.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can add Bog Iron Ale (EP writ request). It took a long time for my post-TU character to find it. Fortunately, my older characters already knew it so was able to supply him until he found it. It's an L5 recipe.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    You can add Bog Iron Ale (EP writ request). It took a long time for my post-TU character to find it. Fortunately, my older characters already knew it so was able to supply him until he found it. It's an L5 recipe.

Yep, this is a rare one too. Only my provisioner that gets all unknown recipes knew that. I finally got a Bog Iron Ale recipe last night, so now that's two.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.... It wouldn't surprise me if "Mazte" is also a low-level problem as well. I also see a minor pattern in the list which is that the Alcohols appear to be the main issue.

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do people feel about Red Rye Beer (L1)? It comes up occasionally as a writ requirement for my AD provisioner (as opposed to my 3 EP ones) and yet I haven't managed to find a single copy of the recipe anywhere. I have had to pick up pre-crafted stacks from Kiosks whenever I see them to complete them.
    Edited by Iluvrien on April 8, 2015 2:40AM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    How do people feel about Red Rye Beer (L1)? It comes up occasionally as a writ requirement for my AD provisioner (as opposed to my 3 EP ones) and yet I haven't managed to find a single copy of the recipe anywhere. I have had to pick up pre-crafted stacks from Kiosks whenever I see them to complete them.

I have gotten it come up a couple of times.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.... It wouldn't surprise me if "Mazte" is also a low-level problem as well. I also see a minor pattern in the list which is that the Alcohols appear to be the main issue.

I wonder how much of that is people avoiding making Drinks so not learning the recipes. I know I used to leave Drink Recipes behind all the time Pre 1.6, I certainly never made them. I only make them now for Writs.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I wonder how much of that is people avoiding making Drinks so not learning the recipes. I know I used to leave Drink Recipes behind all the time Pre 1.6, I certainly never made them. I only make them now for Writs.
    Well, I've said this elsewhere but, if you are playing mostly the PvE game then, Food is your best choice but the evidence is, that if you are fighting in long contracted battles, like Trials or group PvP, then Drink is actually better. Of course that means nothing when you are building your character :)
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 8, 2015 10:18PM

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, the writs still follow the same pattern as pre 1.6. For the L1 writs pre/post 1.6, you are always asked for a L1 food (meat, fruit, or veggie) and then a L1, L5, or L10 alcohol (previously beer). For L2 and above, you are asked for food and drink across the three base categories. And, it looks like L10/L15 recipes are still harder to find than L1/L5 recipes, with L5s slightly harder to come by than L1s.

It's also interesting to note that even though they removed alliance specific recipes and any character in any alliance can find all of them, the writs are still bound to the old alliance-specific format. E.g. Citrus Malt, a L10 beer recipe in DC converted to Lemon Flower Mazte, and only those doing writs in DC will be asked to make it. Those in EP will be asked to make Clarified Syrah Wine, which was converted from Voljar's Honey Cider.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 9, 2015 2:46PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yes, the writs still follow the same pattern as pre 1.6. For the L1 writs pre/post 1.6, you are always asked for a L1 food (meat, fruit, or veggie) and then a L1, L5, or L10 alcohol (previously beer). For L2 and above, you are asked for food and drink across the three base categories. And, it looks like L10/L15 recipes are still harder to find than L1/L5 recipes, with L5s slightly harder to come by than L1s.

It's also interesting to note that even though they removed alliance specific recipes and any character in any alliance can find all of them, the writs are still bound to the old alliance-specific format. E.g. Citrus Malt, a L10 beer recipe in DC converted to Lemon Flower Mazte, and only those doing writs in DC will be asked to make it. Those in EP will be asked to make Clarified Syrah Wine, which was converted from Voljar's Honey Cider.

I have noticed that myself. I'll add Mazte to the list since I have gotten it on occasion. I was thinking I might also have gotten "Comberry Chai" but I suspect I'm confusing it with "Spiceberry Chai" that my Provisioning L3 character gets

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    To my dismay I found a L20 "missing recipe" in Venison Pasty. I have a veteran character with the recipe though.

• MrKen
    MrKen
    When writing my addon CookeryWiz, I had many alts doing the writs to get recipes. As Jayne_Doe wrote, the alliance of your character has an effect on what writs and food you will need to cook. For me, the recipe that was hardest to find was 'Chicken Breast'.. every recipe that was mentioned as hard to find in the original post, I found many, many times. I am guessing that it is purely the RNG gods at play that dictate how hard it is to find a recipe.
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    •Lemonflower Mazte L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe) - this one is nowhere to be found.i checked all guild stores, i always rob any backpack and nightstand, nothing.i finished entire DC zones and didnt find it.
    actually my first writ for provision includes making it, and because it's nowhere ,i could never do any prov writ.even if i abndon that writ,it comes back the same again!!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to add my name to the 'has a character who knows these recipes and can make some if people need some' list. (Note: I took the liberty of deleting the entries I don't presently have.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrKen wrote: »
    When writing my addon CookeryWiz, I had many alts doing the writs to get recipes. As Jayne_Doe wrote, the alliance of your character has an effect on what writs and food you will need to cook. For me, the recipe that was hardest to find was 'Chicken Breast'.. every recipe that was mentioned as hard to find in the original post, I found many, many times. I am guessing that it is purely the RNG gods at play that dictate how hard it is to find a recipe.

Added.
    kodo wrote: »
    •Lemonflower Mazte L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe) - this one is nowhere to be found.i checked all guild stores, i always rob any backpack and nightstand, nothing.i finished entire DC zones and didnt find it.
    actually my first writ for provision includes making it, and because it's nowhere ,i could never do any prov writ.even if i abndon that writ,it comes back the same again!!

Nestor and Myself can both provide you with LFM, IG-mail either of us. Nestor could probably have provided you with the recipe yesterday as he IG-mailed me that he'd picked two of them up while playing yesterday. I suspect that they're both in a Guild Store now, probably "Lone Wolf Help". One of the issues with providing LFM as a food is having a Guild Store with a kiosk somewhere that someone stuck on the writs can access.

I'd like to add my name to the 'has a character who knows these recipes and can make some if people need some' list. (Note: I took the liberty of deleting the entries I don't presently have.)

Perhaps I should list suppliers that people can IGmail to obtain the food while they wait for the recipe to turn up or level up their provisioning :)

P.S. @Kodo I tried to IGmail you some LFM for free but that's not your game name :)
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 19, 2015 11:10PM

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I should list suppliers that people can IGmail to obtain the food while they wait for the recipe to turn up or level up their provisioning :)

If you make that list, my character's name is "Rohais".

Edit: NA AD if it matters.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on April 20, 2015 1:27AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know all these recipes, some on more than one toon. Feel free to add me to the list. IG mail @Maester.White .

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I added a provisioner list to the bottom of the OP.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a couple of extra Lemon Flower Matze Recipes (finally found one late last week from a writ, then two more in Guild Stores this weekend). Maybe they adjusted the loot list.

I had also bought a stack of 100 Lemon Flower Matze a while back. I had thought I had the recipe back then, but only got it this last week.

So, you need Lemon Flower Matze or Clarified Surille Wine or anything in a crafting writ that you can't find the recipe for, send me a message in game and I will help you out for a small fee.
    Edited by Nestor on April 20, 2015 10:15PM

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I added a link to this thread in my signature to hopefully give it more exposure. @Woolenthreads , if you object please let me know and I'll remove it.