Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The List of missing Provisioning Writ Recipes

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Yeah I guess I'm torn with it. In the past I would have snapped this up as it was so frustrating, but now I've been through it its kinda rewarding to have had the struggle, but I can see both sides. Just an odd change, alot of the guys I play with went off provisioning cos it was hard / random to get the recipes but I like that I persevered (presereved ;) ) and now act as food 'dealer'

I guess untill I found this thread and the other one on here listing the Writ recipes I was banging my head on a wall. Once you realise 6 in rotation each tier it simplifies what ur looking for.

I concur on recipe sales. I throw all my spare green ones on for 400-450 gold as a punt and Over 30 days most sell, someone always wants one in particular.

Agreed on other crafts I'm like level 45/6 in blacksmithing & clothing and never made a thing just decon, hence I liked the puzzle of provisioning as that seems easier.

Anyway I'm not one to moan about class / skill changes. I find the Stone hates Paper hates Scissors hates Stone nerf / buff convos annoying but this really caught my eye.

My first banana surprise that I looted was a joyous occasion, got 2 Mazte's listed right now in a trader got them both on the same day (2 seperate writs). Seems that provisioning was a reason to join a guild players saying I don't have x k fine I'll send you a couple. In fact I have had a few requests from this thread can you make x? Sure. How much? I don't care, all have sent something but if sent nothing that is cool too.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite part of the provisioner writs is when I have to buy a recipe to do the writ and then get that recipe as a reward for doing the writ. Great job ZOS!
    :trollin:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    You need to know motifs for equipment crafting, pretty much the same thing. You do start off automatically knowing the motif of your own race, but by the same token you also get a recipe just for completing the provisioner certification quest.

Yeah, roast pig, which isn't a writ recipe.

You don't need to know any motif, except your own racial style, to craft any of the equipment writs. Just make a couple cuirasses, etc.

Now, if the writs required you to craft in a particular style or include a particular trait, then there would be some restrictions that would cause issues. As it is now, as long as you have the materials (and you can buy style stones for 15g at any blacksmith, clothier, woodworker), you can fulfill those writs. For provisioning, even if you have the mats, you can't complete the writ if you don't have the specific recipe.

I'd suggest a couple of options as alternatives to just making the writ recipes available for sale:

1) Characters start out knowing all level 1 recipes, and only level 1 recipes are used for the Tier 1 writs. This is already the case for food, but the Tier 1 drinks use a level 1, 5, and 10 alcohol recipe. Make these all level 1 (an alcohol, tea, and tonic). This way, players still have to find any recipe above that level. This would ensure that starting players could do these writs, when they're the most useful for leveling.

2) Writs should not ask for specific recipes, but rather specific types of food/drink. Meaning, a writ will ask for a meat dish and a stamina recovery drink. You could even make them level-specific, so a level 20 meat dish and a level 25 tonic (for a Tier 2 writ). This would make them more in line with equipment writs, which don't specify a specific style or require any traits.

Now, enchanting writs are still an issue, since finding the specific runes you need to make the glyph as well as provide the requested rune, is more of a challenge due to the fact that all three types of runes use the same rune nodes and even if you find a rune of the proper type (e.g. Essence), you have to deal with RNG to get the exact rune needed.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since this thread has received a boost in activity due to the discussion regarding the upcoming change, I've had three requests for crafted food.

It's rewarding to be able to help other players, and I specifically provided them free of charge. So, I guess in that sense it's a bit of a bummer, since there won't be the need for us suppliers once this change goes live.

However, can anyone confirm what the price is for these recipes from in-game vendors? (Perhaps someone already posted and I missed it). I would hope they would be significant, so that selling them at guild traders would still be an alternative. But, I guess that depends on how much you charge. I've sold writ recipes for 99/109g, and they sell rather quickly. I see that others sell for around 50g and then 400/450g? So, quite a wide range. I imagine that 400/450 price would probably not be viable, unless the in-game vendors sell them for at least 500g.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 15, 2016 10:43PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell all green recipes at 50g regardless of guild store valuations. I sell blue and purple at average market value. I expect that a lot of my green sales are either collectors or resellers depending on the recipe since the guild I sell most items through has a trader in Coldharbour.

With the update I expect that I might as well vendor all green recipes because they won't move fast enough to be worth selling.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found pricing random on xbox. The chef that wants that specific recipe will pay 500 for a green, other stores they don't sell at 79. Blues and purple alot higher but have to take a steer on market at the time.

As per last post tho the writ ones will decrease in value with this update
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I don't think I'll be selling any writ recipes after this update. I'm not complaining, though, as I only sold them as a way to provide them to other players. I priced them at 109 (sometimes 99) to try and deter resellers but still have them at a reasonable price for new players who needed them for writs.

So, I wasn't making much profit on them anyway. And, since I'm only in one active trade guild, I have a lot of other things to fill up my 30 slots. Yes, I know I could be in more than one trade guild (and there's a nice guild section of the forums to find them), but I don't play/grind enough to keep more than the 30 slots in one guild stocked.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell my recipes for 30 gold usually. Its often the same people buying them so I'm pretty certain they're reselling them but I'm not really interested in playing a trader, I'd just rather my guild mates have a chance to get them than all going to a vendor, but I'm not quite disinterested enough to give them away.
    Given that new provisioners are going to get the recipes they need for initial writs free I think a price somewhere around 500 gold would be reasonable and not entirely kill the market. People should be able to afford that price for recipes they can't find cheaper in guild stores by the time they reach their 2nd zone.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • veerlen
    veerlen
    BabeesrorGor give me this link he said someone can help me out with my problem I'm looking for more than a month for the golden lager don't the recipe or someone who can make it for me so I can further with provisioning. I always find the same recipes over and over again.
    Can enybody helping me out? Golden lager is what I need
    EU PS4 Sivka X
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    veerlen wrote: »
    BabeesrorGor give me this link he said someone can help me out with my problem I'm looking for more than a month for the golden lager don't the recipe or someone who can make it for me so I can further with provisioning. I always find the same recipes over and over again.
    Can enybody helping me out? Golden lager is what I need
    EU PS4 Sivka X

I don't think there's anyone specifically listed for EU PS4 unless that's the server that x_MERC_EM_x is on. Golden Lager is a L1 Recipe however, so, are you sure that you are searching in the right areas? To find a Golden Lager you'll need to search the cupboards, urns and backpacks on Stros M'Kai which are not in the Dwemer ruin.

Alternatively, you can make your way to any of the higher regional capitals, like Stormhaven or Evermore and search there. Stros M'Kai likely has a higher chance for L1 recipes but I found that my low level characters could randomly find any recipe with a comparable level or lower to the character doing the searching. It isn't necessary to level up to get to them but you do have to use a lot of stealth to avoid being killed with the reward of access to more containers.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on February 18, 2016 10:05PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I currently have 413 recipes and hunting for the rest. I don't know the exact total (486 on my list). so if you know who is selling a lot of recipes or we can swap recipes if you are a collector too.
    Message me in game LeeDa1Gooner
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @saxgooner what platform / region are you? I have loads of duplicates on X1 / EU.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Hi beardimus, I will write a list tomorrow. Xb1 eu
    Cheers mate
    Edited by saxgooner on February 18, 2016 10:39PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool ill drop you a DM :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by saxgooner on February 19, 2016 1:17PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll look later and let you know. That damn Grape Preserves! ;)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writ recipes will be available from the various chefs after the Thieves Guild DLC goes live next month.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • veerlen
    veerlen
    can somebody help me with THE golden lager?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    BowD wrote: »
    Writ recipes will be available from the various chefs after the Thieves Guild DLC goes live next month.

That doesn't help people like veerlen, right now though :)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    veerlen wrote: »
    can somebody help me with THE golden lager?

If your on PC/NA Server, send me a note in game to @Nestor and I will help you.

Edit I see your EU PS4, sorry can't help there.
    Edited by Nestor on February 19, 2016 11:38PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally on DLC, although its coming would be nice to sort them the old school way now!! I think its going to ruin writs a bit anyway but we'll see how they implement / cost etc. Need to find a PS4 EU player for @veerlen
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally on DLC, although its coming would be nice to sort them the old school way now!! I think its going to ruin writs a bit anyway but we'll see how they implement / cost etc. Need to find a PS4 EU player for @veerlen

Don't know why EU and NA have to be completely seperate. Should be more like a different faction (then I could send veerlen those golden lagers).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • veerlen
    veerlen
    I don't understand it either why eu and an are separated
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I went to the brewer and chef and they have only up to improvement 5 foods not 6. I have all the 6 recipes so not a problem for me but how would anyone do the top level writs now? Maybe it is just me.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have all your points in? I thought the options scaled to your current writ level.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have all your points in? I thought the options scaled to your current writ level.

I pulled the points out then put them slowly back in (to get all the writ recipes). Currently my provisioning is at 6/6 and I logged out several times still the same thing. Does it work for you (assuming you have 6/6?

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... I hadn't been keeping track since I'm not really playing the game much except to do writs. I do have copies of all the L6 recipes but I've been vendoring copies and was going to start getting rid of all of them. I will say that, if you run around checking furniture and backpacks, all of the recipes are part of the drop list still as I have sold provisioning recipes that have dropped that dropped from furniture in the last week, like Two-Zephyr Tea. The only reason I got them was because I was levelling a character so that he could do RL5 Writs (They weren't triggered until I got him to Coldharbour :( ) and they were dropping from urns etc.

I checked my VR Provisioners and the Orsinium Chef and Brewer at the Greedy Gut have all of the non-Orsinium L6 Provisioning Writ Recipes. If your provisioning character is VR then they'll have access to them I think.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the skooma trade!!!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... I hadn't been keeping track since I'm not really playing the game much except to do writs. I do have copies of all the L6 recipes but I've been vendoring copies and was going to start getting rid of all of them. I will say that, if you run around checking furniture and backpacks, all of the recipes are part of the drop list still as I have sold provisioning recipes that have dropped that dropped from furniture in the last week, like Two-Zephyr Tea. The only reason I got them was because I was levelling a character so that he could do RL5 Writs (They weren't triggered until I got him to Coldharbour :( ) and they were dropping from urns etc.

I checked my VR Provisioners and the Orsinium Chef and Brewer at the Greedy Gut have all of the non-Orsinium L6 Provisioning Writ Recipes. If your provisioning character is VR then they'll have access to them I think.

Non Orsinium L6 writs is maybe the key. Here is what I did, on my VR16 I wanted all the writ recipes and also needed to pull points out of woodworking research so I respecced then made sure I got all the L1 recipes put another point in changed zones and got all the L2 recipes but a point in and rezoned got the L3 and so on til finally I had 6 points back in but no one was selling the Orsinium ones even when I go to Orsinium or Hews bane. Then yesterday I got one of the writ recipes for Orsinium when completing a writ. I remember the update saying the writ recipes would be purchaseable from brewers and chefs but removed from the drop table for handing in writs, so if this works the same for everyone then maybe it is a glitch.

Btw does anyone know if any new recipes were added with Hews Bane?
    Edited by bryanhaas on March 28, 2016 1:48PM

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    the skooma trade!!!

What?