The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The List of missing Provisioning Writ Recipes

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds me why I wish that Recipes operated more like discovery on Alchemy. It would be nice if there were alternative means to learn a recipe. For example perhaps Gourmand would allow you to have a 25%/50%/75% chance to learn a recipe when tasting (using) a recipe. If you don't like those percentages reduce them to something like 12.5/25/37.5 or 10/20/30 or whatever hits the sweet spot. The point is they could create an alternate means for learning some of this stuff that would still have a cost associated with it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... I was going to update my previous comment but dodgehopper gives me an excuse to simply comment. There are aspects to recipe hunting that many people seem to be unaware of, when doing it.

The Dev's say that they are available from all containers and, while that might be true, the only containers which I have ever had them drop regularly are Urns, Pots, Cupboards and Backpacks. IMHO the chance is vanishingly small in the others, like barrels or crates.

The loot from containers tends to be region levelled to match the approximate level of the hostiles who roam around the containers (Item level or up to five levels higher except in the <L15 regions where they are ±2 levels, from 18 months of observation). This means that in order to get recipes of a particular level you must be near hostiles who match that approximate level ie a L25 recipe will come from a urn/pot/cupboard/backpack where the hostiles are L25-L29. This does not apply when your character is a lower level than the lowest level of hostiles in the region, whereupon you will get a randomly levelled item available to your character.

All that being said I do wish they had alternative means to get the recipes as dodgehopper has suggested.

# Edit: Also, just so you folks looking for them in stores know what to search for look at provisioning-writ-recipes-for-all-factions
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 13, 2016 11:04PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the initial Writ Recipes, which always seem hard to find because your looking for them, recipes are about the easiest thing in the game to get.

1. Writs always have one
    2. Containers as mentioned above
    3. Mobs drop them
    4. Guild Kiosks, some guilds have more than 500 to sell in the stores.

Also, there are more recipes than you need, as there are usually 3 Green Health Recipes, 3 Green Magic Recipes and 3 Green Stamina Recipes per 5 levels. You only need one of each. Same with the Blues and Purples, you only need one at each 5 levels. Heck, I only make Foods for every 10 levels for my characters, and I know almost all the recipes in the game on one character and most of my other characters know a significant amount of them. The only reason I don't know them all is I refuse to spend 5000 or more gold on an mid level Blue or Purple Recipe just to complete the list.

I am now throwing recipes out, not even bothering to vendor them for 9 gold or list in the Guild Kiosks.
    For example perhaps Gourmand would allow you to have a 25%/50%/75% chance to learn a recipe when tasting (using) a recipe.

The only issue with this is ZOS would have to provide each and every food and drink in the game as part of the loot tables. This would further dilute the chances of getting what you want, or for the ones who don't care about recipes, what they are looking for (Motifs or Decon fodder or Ingredients etc)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    A recipe that I hadn't even realized was fairly rare is: Treacleberry Tea.
    I recently bumped a low level alt up to the second level of provisioning writs and needed this recipe. I was surprised to find that only my main had learned this recipe. Like Nestor above, my main knows over 400 recipes and my 7 alts know a significant number of recipes. That's why Treacleberry Tea came as such a surprise. Very difficult to find on a Kiosk.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then there are the huge number of obsessive completionist Provisioners who treat recipes like Pokemon. Gotta get em all!

Mermaid Whiskey is a very early recipe, and it was one of my first major stumbling blocks when I first started doing writs on my main. One day I got both Mermaid Whiskey and Chicken Breast as my daily writ foods. It was awful. It took me close to a week before I was able to find someone via zone chat who could make and sell me a short stack of each one. They weren't cheap either.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    And then there are the huge number of obsessive completionist Provisioners who treat recipes like Pokemon. Gotta get em all!

You say that like its a bad thing! lol
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Betnikh and your swarm of Bloodborn Cultists, managed to grab 2 Chicken Breast recipes from looting their dead bodies. Finally with my 5th character I was able to find it.

Thank you @Beardimus for your offer of assistance but it is no longer required. Unless you've got some grape preserves, that's the only thing I'm now missing for Provisioning Writs.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say I don't have Grape Preserves either! The L1 ones and L6 seem to have been the hardest to get for me, the others I found pretty fast. I'll give you a shout if I find it !!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CalebusII
    CalebusII
    Just thought it was interesting that I managed to find or buy all green recipes (yeah, I know) and the last one I was able to find was the Grape Preserves recipe. Definitely a rare recipe.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like you folks are looking in the wrong places. If you want to find a L1 Recipe then I believe that the Starter Locations are the best place as they are limited to L1/L5 (at least I think they are). It's the same as the material gathering requirements, the container prizes relate to the Level of the critters/NPC's rounded down to the nearest multiple of 5 although I believe in Region 1 this is modified to ±2. Of course I haven't made a new character in a very long time since late-2013 so they might have changed their treasure format at the low end.

# Edit: This is something that annoyed people who didn't know who entered Region 3. They would look to have the third Tier of materials and still be getting the second tier of materials because the critters close to the Region 2 portal are all under L35 and therefore drop Tier 2 materials.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 18, 2016 10:48PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Woolenthreads, that makes sense as in Stonefalls I wasn't so thorough / understanding of crafting, and I've not been back there for a while. I've created a new Alt Thief as my main is lawfull so will be looting L1 like crazy again amyway. Once I was aware the skill point in Rec Imp moved the Writ level on I was more cautious about spending it untill I had all the next level Writ recipes.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    So there have been multiple threads on finishing low level Provisioning Writs and I once suggested that we needed a list of the problem recipes. For a while the only recipes that had been mentioned were just three L10 food recipes but recently someone complained about others in a thread, so I will start the list. If you have one that pops up on your writs that you can't get a recipe for (or need to swap characters to make) and it's not on the list tell me and I'll add it.
    • Baked Apples L1 Fruit (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Banana Surprise L1 Fruit (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Baked Potato L1 Vegetable (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Fishy Sticks L1 Meat (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Carrot Soup L1 Vegetable (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Chicken Breast L1 Meat (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Golden Lager L1 Alcohol (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Red Rye Beer L1 Alcohol (common recipe though annoying not to have)
    • Bog Iron Ale L5 Alcohol (common recipe)
    • Mazte L5 Alcohol (common recipe)
    • Surilie Syrah Wine L5 Alcohol (common recipe)
    • Lemonflower Mazte L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe)
    • Clarified Syrah Wine L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe)
    • Four Eye Grog L10 Alcohol (hard to get recipe)

The following players are willing to provide food/drink on this list upon request (and if I've assumed wrongly just say so and I'll remove you). If you would like to be added to the list just say so. All trade is between the Provisioner and his customer.

PC
    • woolenthreads (NA).
    • Nestor (NA)
    • Maester.White (assumed NA)
    • Rohais (NA)
    • Iluvrien (EU)
    • Tarukmockto (assumed NA)
    • Sarem (NA)
    • ashlee17 (NA)
    • Khenarthi (EU)
    • Pomaikai (NA)

PSN
    • x_MERC_EM_x ()
    • Drax976 (NA)
    • bryanhaas (NA)

XB1
    • Jayne Doe (NA)
    • Beardimus (EU)

Shadow Chef on PC/NA server could also make these items. Maxed provisioning (except the more time to food/drink) but only character level 24 so my writs max out at level 40, but I have a lot of recipes
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Thanks @Woolenthreads, that makes sense as in Stonefalls I wasn't so thorough / understanding of crafting, and I've not been back there for a while. I've created a new Alt Thief as my main is lawfull so will be looting L1 like crazy again amyway. Once I was aware the skill point in Rec Imp moved the Writ level on I was more cautious about spending it untill I had all the next level Writ recipes.

Could be wrong, but I don't think you'll find L1 recipes in Stonefalls (Glenumbra, or Auridon). I think the L1 stuff is in Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen, Stros M'kai, Betnikh, and Khenarthii's Roost. Once you hit your alliance's first zone you have a better chance of finding L5 and L10 recipes.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers! I loved Bleakrock and Bal Foyen first time round so will get my thief over there!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

Could be wrong, but I don't think you'll find L1 recipes in Stonefalls (Glenumbra, or Auridon). I think the L1 stuff is in Bleakrock Isle, Bal Foyen, Stros M'kai, Betnikh, and Khenarthii's Roost. Once you hit your alliance's first zone you have a better chance of finding L5 and L10 recipes.

Those are the Starter Locations I was referring to. Stonefalls, Glenumbra and Auridon are all the faction Region 1 Areas.
    Shadow Chef on PC/NA server could also make these items. Maxed provisioning (except the more time to food/drink) but only character level 24 so my writs max out at level 40, but I have a lot of recipes

Thanks, I've added you to the list.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 19, 2016 10:54PM

• AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads I could also help out with those recipes on the first page, I know how infuriating it can be to cancel and struggle with writs. GT - Adamski Alders XB1 EU.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads I could also help out with those recipes on the first page, I know how infuriating it can be to cancel and struggle with writs. GT - Adamski Alders XB1 EU.

Rgr that :)

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

Those are the Starter Locations I was referring to. Stonefalls, Glenumbra and Auridon are all the faction Region 1 Areas.

Yup, I just wanted to make sure Beardimus was on the same page after mentioning Stonefalls.
  • lefthandovgod
    I have been trying to get the last Lv2 recipes for the longest time. All those ones on the list came fairly easily! I need Enlightenment Tea!!!! It is the last green one I need, plus 2 more blue lv2, and then I can say that I have them all! lol
    PS4 NA - Trials of Oblivion
    VMOL complete
    Multiple Toons at my disposal
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been trying to get the last Lv2 recipes for the longest time. All those ones on the list came fairly easily! I need Enlightenment Tea!!!! It is the last green one I need, plus 2 more blue lv2, and then I can say that I have them all! lol

I can't help you but perhaps there is another purveyor of recipes that can. The recipe you mention is not a provisioning writ recipe either. I'll keep an eye out but I only have one character collecting L2 Writs and if Enlightenment tea is difficult to get then it will likely be learnt by my 8 characters before I sell it (actually, even if it isn't hard to get I don't sell recipes unless all of my characters on the server know them).

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats interesting Woolenthreads i'm thinking of getting my mules into Writs but was half thinking that i'll just get my Main to create the L1 Foods in a big stock pile and issue them to all the Mules rather than find the recipes. One lot of baking - or is there another gain?

BTW revisting Bleakrock worked a treat for my missing L1 Recipes although Adamskiadlers and I are still hunting for the Grape Preserves!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats interesting Woolenthreads i'm thinking of getting my mules into Writs but was half thinking that i'll just get my Main to create the L1 Foods in a big stock pile and issue them to all the Mules rather than find the recipes. One lot of baking - or is there another gain?

BTW revisting Bleakrock worked a treat for my missing L1 Recipes although Adamskiadlers and I are still hunting for the Grape Preserves!

When you're hunting for specific recipes it can sometimes take a while. I remember, with my first character, levelling up to L50 provisioning on L20/25 recipes. I then proceeded to obtain extra copies of those recipes and did the same to the other 8 characters (supply of ingredients then became an issue). This was before both the justice and the writ systems.

As for cooking large batches of food; I've found, when running 8 characters through provisioning writs, that when supply runs out it feels like a hassle switching to a specified cook. Also, with the massive number of recipes I have picked up, It was easiest to just hand them to the "junior" characters to learn because there was little value in selling the recipes. So it was easier to pass the recipes along so that they could cook the required food as needed. I do have them cook batches of 20 or so every time they have to do so though.

• lefthandovgod

I can't help you but perhaps there is another purveyor of recipes that can. The recipe you mention is not a provisioning writ recipe either. I'll keep an eye out but I only have one character collecting L2 Writs and if Enlightenment tea is difficult to get then it will likely be learnt by my 8 characters before I sell it (actually, even if it isn't hard to get I don't sell recipes unless all of my characters on the server know them).

I have 4 mules doing those lvl 2 writs everyday, and still no luck!
    PS4 NA - Trials of Oblivion
    VMOL complete
    Multiple Toons at my disposal
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we all found this thread due to difficulty finding the recipes we need....... - but i've just seen in the PTS Notes of the PC update that going forward all writ recipes will just be given to you!

As annoyed as I have been tracking down the ones I need, I dont feel this is quite right! I think its good there is a degree of hunting to provising it adds another element. I dunno, just doesnt seem right to make it all too easy (as frustrated as I have been trying to find them all!)

Thoughts?

Provisioning Update
    Vendors now sell recipes used in Provisioning Writs, which will ensure provisioners are able to reasonably complete any Provisioning Writ received. •Food recipes will appear on Chefs, while drink recipes show up on Brewers.
    •The recipes offered are based on your current level of Recipe Improvement, though they also will offer recipes from the previous rank as well.
    •Provisioning Writs will no longer reward these recipes.
    •Completing the certification quest for Provisioning will directly provide the recipes needed for the first tier of writs to ensure novice provisioners can immediately undertake the quests.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa, didn't even know you got Fishy Sticks and Carrot Soup recipes!
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frankly, I'm all for this change to Provisioning. It's only supplying the writ recipes, and you have to purchase them at vendors - well at least the ones for RI2 and above. The RI1s are given to you after completing your certification.

It is rewarding when finally finding that one recipe you need to complete a writ, but since the writs are designed (at least initially) to assist in leveling your crafts, not having the particular recipes was an unnecessary stumbling block.

And, only the writ recipes can be purchased, so as a provisioner there is still the challenge of finding all the recipes. Even if you don't want to collect them all, you'll still want to find blue/purple recipes to craft for your characters.

All other professions do not require a recipe to be able to craft items. As long as you have the ingredients/materials, you can experiment in Alchemy and Enchanting. And for the equipment crafts, you can make a cuirass, without having to know any blueprint, as long as you have the materials.

I always thought it was odd that I could go up to any blacksmithing station and make a cuirass for my character, as long as I had the required materials. But, I couldn't go up to a cooking fire and pop in some carrots to make carrot soup without first also having found/learned the Carrot Soup recipe.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to know motifs for equipment crafting, pretty much the same thing. You do start off automatically knowing the motif of your own race, but by the same token you also get a recipe just for completing the provisioner certification quest.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we all found this thread due to difficulty finding the recipes we need....... - but i've just seen in the PTS Notes of the PC update that going forward all writ recipes will just be given to you!

Provisioning Update
    Vendors now sell recipes used in Provisioning Writs, which will ensure provisioners are able to reasonably complete any Provisioning Writ received. •Food recipes will appear on Chefs, while drink recipes show up on Brewers.
    •The recipes offered are based on your current level of Recipe Improvement, though they also will offer recipes from the previous rank as well.
    •Provisioning Writs will no longer reward these recipes.
    •Completing the certification quest for Provisioning will directly provide the recipes needed for the first tier of writs to ensure novice provisioners can immediately undertake the quests.

-Firstly, they say only that the Tier 1 recipes will be given to you and that the other writ recipes will be sold by vendors.
    -Secondly, I always thought that the Recipes and the Justice System were tied together, when they were introduced, giving at least one reason for players to develop their Legerdemain.
    -Third, I sell these recipes when I get them for 50g now they are going to be unavailable for sales and the other green recipes don't move fast enough to be worth selling. They've effectively made a part of my stock worthless or non-existant when the DLC comes out.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I guess I'm torn with it. In the past I would have snapped this up as it was so frustrating, but now I've been through it its kinda rewarding to have had the struggle, but I can see both sides. Just an odd change, alot of the guys I play with went off provisioning cos it was hard / random to get the recipes but I like that I persevered (presereved ;) ) and now act as food 'dealer'

I guess untill I found this thread and the other one on here listing the Writ recipes I was banging my head on a wall. Once you realise 6 in rotation each tier it simplifies what ur looking for.

I concur on recipe sales. I throw all my spare green ones on for 400-450 gold as a punt and Over 30 days most sell, someone always wants one in particular.

Agreed on other crafts I'm like level 45/6 in blacksmithing & clothing and never made a thing just decon, hence I liked the puzzle of provisioning as that seems easier.

Anyway I'm not one to moan about class / skill changes. I find the Stone hates Paper hates Scissors hates Stone nerf / buff convos annoying but this really caught my eye.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    persevered (presereved)

Read that as presevered. :smile:
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured