The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The List of missing Provisioning Writ Recipes

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

Btw does anyone know if any new recipes were added with Hews Bane?

No new recipes were added.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were going to have a place to buy these recipes once the DLC hit... Or was that rumor false?

Frankly I will be a little mad if it is false. I mean come on I can now buy monster hats/rings for 200AP or 99k.....
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    I thought they were going to have a place to buy these recipes once the DLC hit... Or was that rumor false?

Frankly I will be a little mad if it is false. I mean come on I can now buy monster hats/rings for 200AP or 99k.....

You can buy it at the brewer and chefs but the recipes for Tier 6 don't seem to be included but all the others do.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭

You can buy it at the brewer and chefs but the recipes for Tier 6 don't seem to be included but all the others do.

You are technically wrong, the RL6 Provisioning Writs for VR15 Recipes are not available at the Orsinium Chefs and Brewers but the VR5 and VR10 ones are.

I will also note though that I have never had a Recipe for the latest Provisioning Writs sell in the guild stores. That is Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder, Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish, Firsthold Fruit andf Cheese Plate, Markath Mead, Hagravens Tonic and Muthsera's Remorse.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

You are technically wrong, the RL6 Provisioning Writs for VR15 Recipes are not available at the Orsinium Chefs and Brewers but the VR5 and VR10 ones are.

I will also note though that I have never had a Recipe for the latest Provisioning Writs sell in the guild stores. That is Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder, Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish, Firsthold Fruit andf Cheese Plate, Markath Mead, Hagravens Tonic and Muthsera's Remorse.

Wrong in regards to what? When I said all others do I was continuing from the previous posts where I was saying that you can buy the writs recipes from all the other levels based on your poinits in provisioning. Can you buy 1 through 5 at the same time? No you cannot a respec would be required.

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrong in regards to what? When I said all others do I was continuing from the previous posts where I was saying that you can buy the writs recipes from all the other levels based on your poinits in provisioning. Can you buy 1 through 5 at the same time? No you cannot a respec would be required.

"....but the recipes for Tier 6 don't seem to be included...."

*sigh* The VR 5 Recipes, VR10 recipes were all part of Tier 6. It used to be that you only get them for certain character levels. I'm not wholly certain how they work now because my VR2 is doing the VR15 writs. Perhaps I'm wrong and they've moved the VR5/VR10 writs into Tier 5 but then if they've done that, I'd recommend to everyone they abandon doing Tier 5 writs altogether as soon as their characters hit VR.

Anyone want to speak up with regards to transitioning their characters past L50? Does it automatically put you on the Tier 6 recipes in Orsinium as soon as you get to VR? I know that my L45 character has provisioning Recipe Level 6 and is only getting Tier 5 L45 provisioning writs and I don't feel like taking the character up to VR Levels atm just to find out.

# Edit: Here's what I remember the Writs doing. VR1 and VR 5 were submitted as Tier 6 recipes in Coldharbour. When Craglorn was released Tier 6 recipes for VR10 were submitted in Craglorn. Whether the Tier 6 automatically jumped to Craglorn upon release is a little fuzzy in my memory but it's possible that the VR1/VR5/VR10 Provisioning Writs have been dumped in favour of the VR15 recipes in Orsinium. This is a little disappointing to me if they did because it means that there's no Writ Progression for VR1/5/10 recipes which would make it slightly harder to get the VR recipes for those ranks. With the VR progressions being wiped there would also be no good reason I can think of to have them either, leading to an explosion of essentially useless recipes when the remove VR. Darn these are depressing thoughts, good thing I'm so bored with the game I'm hardly playing.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on March 29, 2016 11:02AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

"....but the recipes for Tier 6 don't seem to be included...."

*sigh* The VR 5 Recipes, VR10 recipes were all part of Tier 6. It used to be that you only get them for certain character levels. I'm not wholly certain how they work now because my VR2 is doing the VR15 writs. Perhaps I'm wrong and they've moved the VR5/VR10 writs into Tier 5 but then if they've done that, I'd recommend to everyone they abandon doing Tier 5 writs altogether as soon as their characters hit VR.

Anyone want to speak up with regards to transitioning their characters past L50? Does it automatically put you on the Tier 6 recipes in Orsinium as soon as you get to VR? I know that my L45 character has provisioning Recipe Level 6 and is only getting Tier 5 L45 provisioning writs and I don't feel like taking the character up to VR Levels atm just to find out.

# Edit: Here's what I remember the Writs doing. VR1 and VR 5 were submitted as Tier 6 recipes in Coldharbour. When Craglorn was released Tier 6 recipes for VR10 were submitted in Craglorn. Whether the Tier 6 automatically jumped to Craglorn upon release is a little fuzzy in my memory but it's possible that the VR1/VR5/VR10 Provisioning Writs have been dumped in favour of the VR15 recipes in Orsinium. This is a little disappointing to me if they did because it means that there's no Writ Progression for VR1/5/10 recipes which would make it slightly harder to get the VR recipes for those ranks. With the VR progressions being wiped there would also be no good reason I can think of to have them either, leading to an explosion of essentially useless recipes when the remove VR. Darn these are depressing thoughts, good thing I'm so bored with the game I'm hardly playing.

Okay well the current tier 6 recipes are all recipes that were released with Orsinium, I believe if you go 5/6 you deliver in Craglorn but not sure on that. I do know 9/10 in most crafting delivers in Craglorn but 10/10 delivers in Wrothgar or Orsinium. I am kinda surprised nothing delivers in Hew's Bane. In regards to the VR1-10 recipes being useless I believe what they are doing is tying it to CP's so not really useless but less useful.
    It's too bad you are bored hopefully you find something. No sarcasm there though seriously, it would be great if there was something in ESO that would pique your interest.
    Oh well, best of luck.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's too bad you are bored hopefully you find something. No sarcasm there though seriously, it would be great if there was something in ESO that would pique your interest.
    There is but we are unlikely to see it for at least two more years because they've stated it's on the Backburner. If they actually had a Magic System rather than a Instant button I would get interested. I've noticed that though that Bethesda and their subsidiaries keep dumbing done and crippling the Magic Systems with each new game. So when it comes it'll likely be as useful as a cockroach in a kitchen.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay well the current tier 6 recipes are all recipes that were released with Orsinium
    Just on this subject, if the Tier 6 recipes are only the Orsinium recipes then it is clear that the recipes of the Chefs and Brewers in Orsinium are an error because they are former Tier 6 recipes, in which case I'd recommend a screenshot forwarded with a complaint both in game and on the forums (just not here :) ).

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Just missing these now, xb1 eu LeeDa1Gooner if you have any.

GREEN RECIPES

BLUE RECIPES
    Melon carpaccio
    Peacock pie
    Colovian roast turkey
    Rabbit gnocchi ragu
    Highland rabbit stew
    Hunt wife's beef radish stew
    Last seed salad
    Sweet potato
    Hearthfire vegetable salad
    Truth glimpse
    Sweet lemonade
    Kaveh stout
    West weald wallop
    Dibellas kiss tea
    Azuras rose tea
    Celestial tonic tea
    Sweet scented infusion

PURPLE RECIPES

Planked abecean longfin
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    saxgooner wrote: »

GREEN RECIPES

BLUE RECIPES
    Melon carpaccio
    Peacock pie
    Colovian roast turkey
    Rabbit gnocchi ragu
    Highland rabbit stew
    Last seed salad
    Sweet potato
    Truth glimpse
    Sweet lemonade
    Kaveh stout
    West weald wallop
    Dibellas kiss tea
    Azuras rose tea
    Celestial tonic tea
    Sweet scented infusion

PURPLE RECIPES

Planked abecean longfin

We need recipe crafting. Maybe when turning in writs you get a random chance to get this material and if you collect enough you can create a green recipe that you have already learned so you can sell the recipe. Of course you should also be able to make blue and maybe purple but the amount of mats for that should be rather high so it would take a month at least to make a purple.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    saxgooner wrote: »

GREEN RECIPES

BLUE RECIPES
    Melon carpaccio
    Peacock pie
    Colovian roast turkey
    Rabbit gnocchi ragu
    Highland rabbit stew
    Last seed salad
    Sweet potato
    Truth glimpse
    Sweet lemonade
    Kaveh stout
    West weald wallop
    Dibellas kiss tea
    Azuras rose tea
    Celestial tonic tea
    Sweet scented infusion

PURPLE RECIPES

Planked abecean longfin

We need recipe crafting. Maybe when turning in writs you get a random chance to get this material and if you collect enough you can create a green recipe that you have already learned so you can sell the recipe. Of course you should also be able to make blue and maybe purple but the amount of mats for that should be rather high so it would take a month at least to make a purple.

I don't see the point since I can honestly say that I have seen every one of those recipes drop from the current writ system. You can collect them all that way, particularly if you run many charactrers at varying levels.

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I have done writs every day since xb1 launch and still not received these recipes, just unlucky I guess
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly i've seen a few of them on this list once ie. my main has them - but not again on my alts or spares to help @saxgooner et al on this thread. Blue Foods do seem rare.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I can't "help" you with this because I'm not on the Xbox and my current intent is to have every character I have get every recipe. It's greedy, I know. I only sell the blue/purple recipes they all have. There are only five of those on that list and it does take a long time doing provisioning writs at each level with no guarantee of getting them all. Worse, once you reach VR, it's likely to jump to Orsinium Recipes only.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Woolenthreads the answer may be in the above posts but i'm really confused and you are my 'go to' Provisioning forum Guru. So heres the question on Writ levels...

I respecced my main to get some points back but put him back on 2/4 Recipe Quality and 6/6 Recipe Improvement. His Writs remained in Wrothgar, same foods as full points in Provisioning (im VR 13 and have ESO plus)

I recently took my L11 Mule up to Provisioning L50, also 2/4 Recipe Quality and 6/6 Recipe Imrpovement. I assumed I would get the same Writs in Wrothgar but I checked this morning and its requesting Cyrodilic Cornbread and Gods-Blind-Me which I make as Tier 4 items? (i'm EP so thats East March) and I really dont get the logic

I would understand if it was tier 5 and in the Rift - as I would assume its because I havent been to Coldharbour and started there - and i'm not Vet so Craglorn is a no go but I cant work out why I would be getting tier 4?

Any ideas - sorry if its a dumb question. This thread has saved my bacon on too many occasions.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Hi @Woolenthreads the answer may be in the above posts but i'm really confused and you are my 'go to' Provisioning forum Guru. So heres the question on Writ levels...

I respecced my main to get some points back but put him back on 2/4 Recipe Quality and 6/6 Recipe Improvement. His Writs remained in Wrothgar, same foods as full points in Provisioning (im VR 13 and have ESO plus)

I recently took my L11 Mule up to Provisioning L50, also 2/4 Recipe Quality and 6/6 Recipe Imrpovement. I assumed I would get the same Writs in Wrothgar but I checked this morning and its requesting Cyrodilic Cornbread and Gods-Blind-Me which I make as Tier 4 items? (i'm EP so thats East March) and I really dont get the logic

I would understand if it was tier 5 and in the Rift - as I would assume its because I havent been to Coldharbour and started there - and i'm not Vet so Craglorn is a no go but I cant work out why I would be getting tier 4?

Any ideas - sorry if its a dumb question. This thread has saved my bacon on too many occasions.

*sigh* It's something to do with the character limiting levels. I had a character that I levelled up to Recipe Improvement 5 and L45 and he didn't get the Tier 5 writs, so I spent the point to get RI6 and still got no change. Like your character he was stuck doing RI4 writs in Eastmarch, much to my frustration. So I did the Coldharbour quest and , hey presto, he now has the L6 Coldharbour Writs having bypassed the Tier 5's altogether :(. I think it was due to the changes for Thieves Guild. I'm actually sort of worried that he will get the Tier 6 Orsinium Writs as soon as he gets VR bypassing the Craglorn ones altogether.

Sorry, it's not an explanation but, currently, your characters are stuck with the Tier 4 provisioning writs until they enter Coldharbour.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again, that does make sense. It's cryptic huh!

Really I just want my mule to be top level rewards for the writs - purples & chance of Psijic Ambroisa, but I fear the reward might be linked to hand in location (guessing?) hence wanting to get him where he should be.

Dumb question #31 - my L11, can I travel to a guild mate in Coldharbour and speak to the caretaker to get started? Or is there a pre-rea quest etc to get there?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again, that does make sense. It's cryptic huh!

Really I just want my mule to be top level rewards for the writs - purples & chance of Psijic Ambroisa, but I fear the reward might be linked to hand in location (guessing?) hence wanting to get him where he should be.

Dumb question #31 - my L11, can I travel to a guild mate in Coldharbour and speak to the caretaker to get started? Or is there a pre-rea quest etc to get there?

As far as I am aware you just need to be L6 Provisioning doing L6 Writs to have the maximum chance - which was about 1 in 40 but may have changed. It is possible that you need to be VR though.

I don't know enough about the guildmate porting, so the following is supposition. I believe that they still have to be in the same faction as the character if it works. If you can get there, that way, then, if the wayshrine is recorded you might be able to return. I do know that to make it there by normal means you have to be L45 in order to get that particular part of the Main Quest chain.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 27, 2016 10:51PM

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Woolenthreads help full as always. I'll feed back what happens. Obsessed with getting Psijic Amb but RNG has not been kind and not keen on the ££ to purchase ha.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Woolenthreads help full as always. I'll feed back what happens. Obsessed with getting Psijic Amb but RNG has not been kind and not keen on the ££ to purchase ha.

Well, keep in mind that, with a 1 in 40 chance, a single character will still take 280 days to get 7 psijic Ambrosia sheets, on average.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great point (albeit depressing) ha!! And after the cake its more completism that I want it for than requirement ha. Sorry to stray off topic a tad.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP