Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incoming Cyrodiil Vet Rank Change and more

ZOS_BrianWheeler
ZOS_BrianWheeler
PvP & Combat Lead
In an effort to give Cyrodiil more XP for players of all levels, all monsters and guards in Cyrodiil will now be Veteran Rank 12. Their health and damage have been adjusted to keep their same difficulty\challenge as they currently are at Rank 5. We are currently putting this through internal testing for vets and non vets.

Battle leveling stats has been increased to roughly a Veteran Rank 12 character with even distribution between stat picks and in moderate gear. This is also being tested with the above change to Cyrodiil being Vet 12.

XP for killing players has increased by 50% and we have increased the amount of XP you gain from various quests in Cyrodiil that were not already giving the highest XP reward possible.

We are currently looking at the values of monster XP in Cyrodiil vs. other Veteran Rank zones.

Like the siege damage changes, these will also skip PTS and hit live in a patch forthcoming in the next week (hopefully), so feedback here is appreciated for these changes.
Wheeler
ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that...is that a tear coming down my face right now?

Yeah. It is. A tear of joy.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o

PvP players rejoice!

I'll need to go tell my guild all about this!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How I feel about XP increases...
    OjTr0mL.jpg
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome !! this sounds awesome :)
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    AWESOME!
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • xDOVAHKIINx
    xDOVAHKIINx
    ✭✭✭
    It was July 20, 1969 when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, landed on the moon. But today, an even greater American Achievement has been achieved. In that Zenimax On-line Studios has listened to their PVP players.

Thank you Brian. Thank you America.

imjok9.jpg
    "According to most of the people on these forums, every organized 16 man guild group is a lagblobbing pulsespamming zerg."-Fmonk
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy I could front door Alessia.

Ty Zos.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great news! :)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kool means will start trying in pvp more now
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS! SO much....!

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for delivering the good news. :)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    8314_original.gif
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really great news and we need to tinker on the live envornment to see what works and does not. The PTS to live conversions have not gone smoothly and need real life testing. lol... real life, ha!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is beautiful! Now, if only lag could be fixed.........

Keep them coming.......let's go for the trifecta of good news today.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an effort to give Cyrodiil more XP for players of all levels, all monsters and guards in Cyrodiil will now be Veteran Rank 12. Their health and damage have been adjusted to keep their same difficulty\challenge as they currently are at Rank 5. We are currently putting this through internal testing for vets and non vets.

Battle leveling stats has been increased to roughly a Veteran Rank 12 character with even distribution between stat picks and in moderate gear. This is also being tested with the above change to Cyrodiil being Vet 12.

XP for killing players has increased by 50% and we have increased the amount of XP you gain from various quests in Cyrodiil that were not already giving the highest XP reward possible.

We are currently looking at the values of monster XP in Cyrodiil vs. other Veteran Rank zones.

Like the siege damage changes, these will also skip PTS and hit live in a patch forthcoming in the next week (hopefully), so feedback here is appreciated for these changes.

Sorry boss.. know you have made tons of players happy today.. but.. have to ask:

Under VR players will be autoleveled to VR12 in ALL campaigns? Including the under-VR? Other than Skill Points spent, which are now off-set by the Champ Points granted to lower level character, is there any reason to keep an under VR campaign? I mean, they will be a generic VR12, no matter if they are in BB or a "normal" campaign.
    Edited by Darlgon on March 18, 2015 5:51PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Ty Zos.

*ghostly whisper of Agrippa-Wan Kenobi*

Auohildr... Auohildr... Use the potato. Let it flow through you.

Be one with the potato.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Tryionn66
    Tryionn66
    ✭✭
    One problem solved. I am so happy i could cry.

Now on to the lag issues
    ~Anavari ~
    ~Vehemënce~
  • FMonk
    FMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Ty Zos.

The Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrr!
  • lumithelock
    lumithelock
    ✭✭
    i hope that the testing phase goes well so that we can get it quick :)
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this include the delves in Cryodiil as well? @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    <X-Raided>
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was July 20, 1969 when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, landed on the moon. But today, an even greater American Achievement has been achieved. In that Zenimax On-line Studios has listened to their PVP players.

imjok9.jpg

And God Bless the United States of Tamriel.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed: @ZOS_BrianWheeler is Awesome farming.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go ahead and do something like this.

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My level 30 recruit approves :)
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thumbs up.
  • CMG138
    CMG138
    ✭✭✭

imjok9.jpg

That's one small step for players, one giant leap for PvP.
    Red or dead!
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Edited by TheBull on March 18, 2015 6:11PM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff. :)
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler , thanks for the info! Will battle leveling be available for VRs too? Right now it only works for nonvets. But to have it as an *option* if you're not yet VR14 would be nice. There is already an additional power gap due to CP differential.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.