The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Incoming Cyrodiil Vet Rank Change and more

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for acknowledging that XP gain in PvP (for the VAST majority) is subpar to Grinding/PvE Questing. Now lets hope other Devs follow your lead and raise XP gains in other playstyles in ESO (except Grinding) so that all playstyles are valid in ESO and not left behind.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know... I reserve this for only the most epic of moments.

Congratulations - this is an amazing thing.

Y4S7Bx9.gif
    Edited by liquid_wolf on March 18, 2015 9:14PM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Battle leveling is applied to all characters that are not VR1 or higher. We have been working on getting it applied to Vet players that are under the Battle level stats so they can close that gap between VR1 and VR14 players, but this isn't slated for a while still.

Also note that you do start to outpace the individual Battle level stats with your gear and stat picks in some degrees by level 48-50 so if you're specializing in getting one stat maxed. Granted you'll lag behind in the other 2 when compared to B level stats, but around that 48-50 mark, it doesn't hurt to pop out of Cyrodiil and compare your stats to the Battle level stats and see if you still want to use them.

Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We did think about making it go to Vet 14, but it was desired to keep Cyrodiil at 12. Also the delves in Cyrodiil will be Vet 12 too. I saw that question a while back before 3 hours of meetings...
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on March 18, 2015 9:18PM
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle leveling is applied to all characters that are not VR1 or higher. We have been working on getting it applied to Vet players that are under the Battle level stats so they can close that gap between VR1 and VR14 players, but this isn't slated for a while still.

Also note that you do start to outpace the individual Battle level stats with your gear and stat picks in some degrees by level 48-50 so if you're specializing in getting one stat maxed. Granted you'll lag behind in the other 2 when compared to B level stats, but around that 48-50 mark, it doesn't hurt to pop out of Cyrodiil and compare your stats to the Battle level stats and see if you still want to use them.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler this reminds me. Before you stop looking at the thread.

Back in Blackwater Blade I "specialized" in Magicka as a DK with your typical Sword/Board Whippy Whippy Talons build, and when I got Emperor I hopped out of Cyrodiil to respec and compare battle level stats, when I got back in Cyrodiil without battle level stats, from about level 43 until I leveled up to v1 and was kicked off the server for being v1 in the nonvet. I was virtually unkillable and hit like a semi going 90 because my stats were so high due the Emperor buff. This is probably better now that the passive has been reduced, but may be worth looking into :wink:

Edit: Next time you go to a meeting count the dots on the ceiling, if there aren't any then bring a thing of Clay or Silly Puddy. Trust me. It helps.
    Edited by Panda244 on March 18, 2015 9:20PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We are still aware of the performance issues and our engineers are still digging through code to resolve those issues.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did think about making it go to Vet 14, but it was desired to keep Cyrodiil at 12. Also the delves in Cyrodiil will be Vet 12 too. I saw that question a while back before 3 hours of meetings...

These will become grind spots. And, therefore, gankfests. This is going to be piles and piles of splattery fun :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why would this be happening if you guys are removing veteren levels?

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    Snit wrote: »
    If Cyro-Delves become desirable grinding spots, some PvP will move underground. Does that improve performance above, by spreading folks out?

Have you ever PvP'd unexpectedly in a delve? It's one of the most awesome experiences in Cyrodiil. I hope that it does drive people underground...

Ugh that makes me all the more sad about not having imperial city catacombs to PvP in yet.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are still aware of the performance issues and our engineers are still digging through code to resolve those issues.

Any chance I could get a reply on the Cyrodiil death bug while you're looking at this thread? I've been reporting this bug through every avenue possible since Beta and it is 100% reproducible.

Die somewhere.
    Don't release.
    Alt-F4 (or Crash).
    Your jewelry enchants like Cost reduction are no longer working until you relog or zone into another zone.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Any chance I could get a reply on the Cyrodiil death bug while you're looking at this thread? I've been reporting this bug through every avenue possible since Beta and it is 100% reproducible.

Die somewhere.
    Don't release.
    Alt-F4 (or Crash).
    Your jewelry enchants like Cost reduction are no longer working until you relog or zone into another zone.

Did you reset your router?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you need a whip? It's good for work productivity and morale!!!
    36_258698_unbekannt_galley-slaves-of-the-barbary-corsairs.jpg

Seriously, if you need a whip just ask, I think there are lot of people who are ready to buy one for you!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »

Maybe you need a whip? It's good for work productivity and morale!!!
    36_258698_unbekannt_galley-slaves-of-the-barbary-corsairs.jpg

Seriously, if you need a whip just ask, I think there are lot of people who are ready to buy one for you!

Always remember, where there's a whip there's a way.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good to hear. I did notice some sort of change had been pushed yesterday (3/17) with how the game was behaving network-wise while I was out with an MH guild raid in Cyrodiil. Overall it's a good improvement with that update, with the only major trouble occurring when (surprise, surprise!) a certain group of players abused a certain set of abilities to force a local server choke (still finishing looking multiple videos from a few occasions I captured over prior to passing along the info in your guys' direction). There were some occasional few-minute-long periods with a second of ability delay for example, but by and large it was pretty well off.

I went out to Cyrodiil earlier for a couple of hours today and the latency was very low even in the larger fights, just like last night bar the times that certain exploit was being used. Looking forward to further improvements and that bug being resolved in the near future hopefully... :). I've also caught word of someone I talked to doing some pretty thorough testing/surveying regarding a potential clientside issue that could be contributing to the latency for some groups of people; they told me they will be sending it your way when they think it's pinned down more firmly, but it seemed absolutely plausible to me as to the angle he was looking at on it.

Very pleased as well to see the changes being implemented on siege & the battle leveling... :D. Now, give me my tiger mount and the IC on PTS, and I'll be a happy camper ;).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 18, 2015 10:10PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭

I would like to know this as well....and maybe a rough estimate as to when they'll be removed....
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juraigr wrote: »
    Kragorn wrote: »
    So yet more ZOS focus on PVP after Eric's nerfbatting round, nothing for PVE.

Still no non-group--or-die way to level beyond VR10.

Don't make me slap you through the internet

3024805694_a_punch_in_the_face1_xlarge.jpeg[img][/img]

rip decibel
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP community are actually an easy customer base to look after. Just give us a place where we can play whack-a-rat with other people online while giving us an acceptable level of XP while whacking off....so we can improve our characters. Oh, and we want to be able to whack off, in a lag free environment.

That's it, nothing else.

Your half way there ZOS, I know you can do it.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fatalyis wrote: »

I would like to know this as well....and maybe a rough estimate as to when they'll be removed....

get your screen shots people ...
    ijs ...
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 18, 2015 10:53PM
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battle leveling stats has been increased to roughly a Veteran Rank 12 character with even distribution between stat picks and in moderate gear. This is also being tested with the above change to Cyrodiil being Vet 12. What means this ?
    Does this mean you will nerf current stats in PvP or what please explain I dont understand so well
    Edited by ArconSeptim on March 18, 2015 11:15PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    The PvP community are actually an easy customer base to look after. Just give us a place where we can play whack-a-rat with other people online while giving us an acceptable level of XP while whacking off....so we can improve our characters. Oh, and we want to be able to whack off, in a lag free environment.

That's it, nothing else.

Your half way there ZOS, I know you can do it.

i agree with you completely that we are easy to please with just small things like this makes us happy forever and stay loyal customers.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian - just wanted to step in and say great changes. 50% increase in XP is a key change too. I think this will please a lot of people, it makes PVP a more viable and rewarding endgame.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    I'll state again that while these changes and the Siege changes are nice, they still pale in comparison to fixing the performance issues. We have engineers on it and we'll be adding in fixes when they get some coded up.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Durandal
    Durandal
    ✭✭
    I'll state again that while these changes and the Siege changes are nice, they still pale in comparison to fixing the performance issues. We have engineers on it and we'll be adding in fixes when they get some coded up.

This is really great to hear. I'm really happy to see the attention that pvp is now getting.
    Durandal
    Chrysamere Pact
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I generally truly loathe seeing peoples' naive suggestions to ZOS about game design idea, so, hypocritically, I will throw out one that just popped into my head, the idea being getting people to spread out more.

When a certain threshold of siege engines are on Place A, a mechanism could be created whereby characters get a short-term AP reward that ticks for attacking Pace X.

For instance, say AD and EP are fighting over BRK (controlled by EP at that moment). At the siege weapon threshold, a random other EP keep X is lit up (kind of like a starburst) for this reward, siphoning off some of those people to go attack that place and, presumably, some of the defenders as well. Less defenders are needed on defense, so this shouldn't necessarily spell doom for them and if they were so outnumbered they were going to lose 2 keeps sequentially, it hardly matters that they will now lose them simultaneously. Obviously, these alternate bonus keep choices shouldn't be one of the Inner 6, but some other ones, or if a scroll-defending keep, should simply be elsewhere.

Same goes for threshold of defending siege numbers, and obviously both could trigger alternate bonus targets simultaneously, thus spreading those people over 4 keeps, but without necessarily penalizing those who chose to stay, who are presumably interested more in the AvA goal (emperor, scrolls, what have you) than the little bonus AP ticks.

The reason I suggested siege numbers as a threshold is simply that the code already counts how many are around locally anyways, whereas I presume that nothing counts the number of local players present (which likely would only decrease performance even more.

OK, I duly apologize for throwing out my ex tempore, naive suggestion, and greatly look forward to more people coming to Cyrodiil, and not having bad performance.

And please ban lag-sploiters.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear, looks like he's finally come back from his vacation. ^^
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love you
  • xDOVAHKIINx
    xDOVAHKIINx
    ✭✭✭

Well in all honesty and Sincerity, Thank you Brian Wheeler for giving us (The PvP Community) something to look forward to, and just acknowledging us in general. I am sure most of in PvP were half way out the door. Please be more diligent from this point forward to keep in contact with us your fan base (and by "us" i mean the PVP players that have been there since the beginning through the FPS bug, lag, exploits, lack of content, little to no solid feedback from the developers, and through frustration) we are your most loyal supporters treat us as such. And also thank you for plainly stating that "fixes will come when they get some coded up" this is all we really want. We just get mad when you developers beat around the bush.
    Edited by xDOVAHKIINx on March 18, 2015 11:36PM
    "According to most of the people on these forums, every organized 16 man guild group is a lagblobbing pulsespamming zerg."-Fmonk
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have engineers on it and we'll be adding in fixes when they get some coded up.

So... considering the vast performance improvements of late I take it those are still the same guys that thought killing all bambi a few months back would improve anything?