The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Incoming Cyrodiil Vet Rank Change and more

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this change live at the moment?
  • Atropos
    Atropos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler have they kept you locked in a small room somewhere and nobody told you that Veteran Ranks actually go to 14 now?

Jokes aside, this is a very good change. Hopefully the XP reduction for monster kills in delves within Cyrodiil will also be removed.
    Creator - Tamriel Foundry
    Author - Foundry Tactical Combat
    Guild Master - Entropy Rising
    Noob - Twitch streamer.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awwwww snip yeah!
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atropos wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler have they kept you locked in a small room somewhere and nobody told you that Veteran Ranks actually go to 14 now?

Jokes aside, this is a very good change. Hopefully the XP reduction for monster kills in delves within Cyrodiil will also be removed.

lol, this is so true, why not go all the way and make it all v14. not being nit picky or anything but wtf lol. if you want to make this place a viable place for pve you need the mobs to be v14 and drop v14 items. i mean its logic 101 i would have thought.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First increasing siege damage, now upping the XP in Cyro.....

@ZOS_BrianWheeler you're on a roll mate, please don't stop.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, at this point I'm thinking --

Who are you people, and what'd you do with the ZOS developers?

Timely changes to PVP systems based on player feedback that are positively received? This is a very new (and very welcome) development.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is truly excellent news. These changes are easily the best ones since the new AVA skills were announced last year
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Lhorion wrote: »

Not yet! As Brian mentioned, we're planning many of these changes to hit the next incremental patch (tentatively scheduled for Monday).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not yet! As Brian mentioned, we're planning many of these changes to hit the next incremental patch (tentatively scheduled for Monday).

Thx and sry for not misunderstanding, I am just on my phone :p
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were the sort of person who had their own Happy Dance, I would be doing it now.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg @ZOS_BrianWheeler You really are still alive?! Can we please get a picture with a current newspaper as proof that you are who you say you are. I still suspect that you are being held against your will and being prevented from working. We have no idea if that's really you behind that username!!!
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yet more ZOS focus on PVP after Eric's nerfbatting round, nothing for PVE.

Still no non-group--or-die way to level beyond VR10.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 18, 2015 6:51PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BrianWheeler.

Thanks for these changes, they are welcomed.

How about you fix the lag problems now, you know - so we can actually play the bloody game and take advantage of these changes?!

You made the switch to TU evidently because you weren't making enough money. Have you ever thought the problem lay within your inability to fix issues with the game that have been evident since launch?
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the effort, but as long as everybody runs around with 10 frames per second and a 7000ms ping, nobody is going to give a flying ***.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on March 18, 2015 6:53PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »

Oh good lord I hope you are joking. PvP gets NOTHING in the way of updates. Seriously, go look through the patch notes. Some people have absolutely no clue, I swear it.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a console? Want to see how the consoles will handle such a large game since they have the computer power of a toaster. Ok toasters have way more power...razor?...calculator?... yes calculator! But I want lots of money for ZOS to keep DLC a coming, weeee!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • xDOVAHKIINx
    xDOVAHKIINx
    ✭✭✭

are you kidding? where is Peri when you need him
    Edited by xDOVAHKIINx on March 18, 2015 6:58PM
    "According to most of the people on these forums, every organized 16 man guild group is a lagblobbing pulsespamming zerg."-Fmonk
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Spit out my coffee. Best joke I've heard all day.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness ZOS finally unchained @ZOS_BrianWheeler. Keep droppin' awesome!
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Cyro-Delves become desirable grinding spots, some PvP will move underground. Does that improve performance above, by spreading folks out?
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XP for killing players has increased by 50% and we have increased the amount of XP you gain from various quests in Cyrodiil that were not already giving the highest XP reward possible.

HNNNNNGHHHHHHH.

Yes. Yes plz. Yessssssssssssssss plzzzzzzzz.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's got to be a word that's the opposite of schadenfreude, something that instead means "sadness caused by other people's joy."

Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP boosts and I can store up to 12 days of enlightenment now. Today is a good day. ZOS is really delivering.
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »

There's got to be a word that's the opposite of schadenfreude, something that instead means "sadness caused by other people's joy."

I believe it would be freudenschade.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Just pee'd a little :smile:
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I loose faith in you you do something like this if you put out imperial city soonish I see a future for us ;-)
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sploosh
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    If Cyro-Delves become desirable grinding spots, some PvP will move underground. Does that improve performance above, by spreading folks out?

Have you ever PvP'd unexpectedly in a delve? It's one of the most awesome experiences in Cyrodiil. I hope that it does drive people underground...
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • StienDeath
    StienDeath
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Is that...is that a tear coming down my face right now?

Yeah. It is. A tear of joy.

i know right ?
    Tired of getting trolled by ZOS MOD's ........
    Ban Hammer of Hear of Daggerfall
    Founding Member