The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incoming Cyrodiil Vet Rank Change and more

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is good news, guys, BUT...

I'm still annoyed at the VR12 thing. Why are they torturing VR14 players by offering so few places to get max level loot? Even in Craglorn you only have access to to VR13 without grouping.

And what about itemization? Are we actually going to be able to get GOOD VR12 drops from these mobs? I'm talking about Warlock and Syrabane rings...
    Edited by Emma_Overload on March 19, 2015 6:09PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    Snit wrote: »
    If Cyro-Delves become desirable grinding spots, some PvP will move underground. Does that improve performance above, by spreading folks out?

Have you ever PvP'd unexpectedly in a delve? It's one of the most awesome experiences in Cyrodiil. I hope that it does drive people underground...

Actually, the ONLY times I've enjoyed PvP are when I ran into an enemy players by surprise while questing for skyshards. There is no zerg lag underground! ...yet.

And it is so funny too! Lol! Had a DK rouse like 11 trolls to us (then we were vr5 and 3 but Templars) and we wiped the trolls and wiped the v14 dk xD pre-patch so no jesus beam - lol. It is easy to mess lowbies up when you have all your friends with you but a little harder when you don't!

I also loved it when I alone came across a yellow sorc and we both just stopped a sec (it was coming in, I was leaving) and both just went around each other and carried on.

Finally - a lvl 40something crossed me on a field and started attacking - knocked them on their can then sent a tell 'You may live. Go now.' and watched him/her gallop off.

xD
    Edited by Islyn on March 19, 2015 6:13PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm still annoyed at the VR12 thing. Why are they torturing VR14 players by offering so few places to get max level loot? Even in Craglorn you only have access to to VR13 without grouping.

And what about itemization? Are we actually going to be able to get GOOD VR12 drops from these mobs? I'm talking about Warlock and Syrabane rings...

You should get VR14 items. The loot in Cyrodiil has always scaled to your level - has someone indicated this will change?
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 19, 2015 6:15PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should get VR14 items. The loot in Cyrodiil has always scaled to your level - has someone indicated this will change?

The only times I ever saw VR14 in Cyrodiil was from the chest you loot after closing a dolmen, but those were NEVER set pieces, just basic no-name dropped gear.

Has anyone ever been able to farm a VR14 set piece from anywhere in Cyrodiil?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Andferne
    Andferne
    ✭✭✭

The only times I ever saw VR14 in Cyrodiil was from the chest you loot after closing a dolmen, but those were NEVER set pieces, just basic no-name dropped gear.

Martial Knowledge/Way of Air/Way of Fire, and other pieces drop from the chests at the end of Dolmens, all Vr14. (Or scaled to your level.)
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andferne wrote: »

Martial Knowledge/Way of Air/Way of Fire, and other pieces drop from the chests at the end of Dolmens, all Vr14. (Or scaled to your level.)

drops in any cyrodiil chest as long as you're v14. Dolmen, delve, overworld, etc.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's amazing! Last time I did it about 5 times in a row and didn't get any of that stuff, but that was before the last couple of patches.

Thanks for the info :)
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I suspect one of the reasons VR12 was chosen instead of VR14 was to keep VR14 gear locked behind treasure chests, gold pledge keys, Vet DSA and SO. Another reason might be a desire to keep Upper Craglorn above all of the other zones in the game. This is all speculation on my part.

As for the loot, Dreugh King Slayer and Syrabane pieces drop from mobs in Cyrodiil. I have never seen them drop Warlock pieces. As stated above, dolmen chests and treasure chests drop Air, Fire and Martial Knowledge pieces all at your character level which will be VR14 for many players.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess what I'll be doing till scale to v12? (And poss after)
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

I suspect one of the reasons VR12 was chosen instead of VR14 was to keep VR14 gear locked behind treasure chests, gold pledge keys, Vet DSA and SO. Another reason might be a desire to keep Upper Craglorn above all of the other zones in the game. This is all speculation on my part.

As for the loot, Dreugh King Slayer and Syrabane pieces drop from mobs in Cyrodiil. I have never seen them drop Warlock pieces. As stated above, dolmen chests and treasure chests drop Air, Fire and Martial Knowledge pieces all at your character level which will be VR14 for many players.

I was just gonna say: I am pretty sure v14 MK only drops in SO - at least that is the only place I have looted it.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

I was just gonna say: I am pretty sure v14 MK only drops in SO - at least that is the only place I have looted it.

It drops from chests in Cyrodiil dungeons.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are incorrect. VR14 Martial Knowledge pieces definitely do drop from the chests in Cyrodiil. They are rare drops; but they certainly do drop. I have looted several of the VR14 MK pieces I have found in Cyrodiil chests.

• johndawntb14_ESO
    Just got back to ESO after a long (since a month after launch) break. This was the first thing I saw and just want to say I plan on sticking around for a while this time (between going BtP and actually improving PvP aspects you're treating your PvP community so much better than *cough* another company with similar PvP).

So... Cheers <3
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    nice:)
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely great news and a decent way for PvP'rs to get some needed XP.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well its official.. i might seriously be doing more PvP than before.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are incorrect. VR14 Martial Knowledge pieces definitely do drop from the chests in Cyrodiil. They are rare drops; but they certainly do drop. I have looted several of the VR14 MK pieces I have found in Cyrodiil chests.

Dungeons or Dolmen? To clarify.
  • monkeyzealer
    i would be happy if they would look at change how you lvl up Assualt and Support skill and make them not tied to alliance rank and like this where able to lvl up assault skill line by capturing keeps/resources and maybe even killing players and have support skill line lvl up by repair keeps and healing people.
    Edited by monkeyzealer on March 22, 2015 8:01AM
  • Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭
    Lets see how it goes.
    I am sure the players will exploit it that much that they have to change it back as it is now.
  • Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭
    Tryionn66 wrote: »
    One problem solved. I am so happy i could cry.

Now on to the lag issues

Do not forget that this game has been made 32 bit. This will bring more lag.
    There is no way to fix the lag.
    Edited by Costismaros on March 22, 2015 12:41PM
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryionn66 wrote: »
    One problem solved. I am so happy i could cry.

Now on to the lag issues

Do not forget that this game has been made 32 bit. This will bring more lag.
    There is no way to fix the lag.

/facepalm
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm that VR14 MK pieces drop in Cyrodiil. I found a LA glove piece I believe in one of the delves involved with the dailies. I gave it to a fellow Pacter who was pretty happy about it.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭

I got a V14 sash from a Dolmen in Cyrodiil a couple of days ago. I however think they heavily nerfed the droprate since a friend of mine got ~8 pieces within 10h, while I needed to farm 12h for a single piece, could also just be Karma.
  • Naor_Sarethi
    Naor_Sarethi
    ✭✭✭
    Finally some good news. I enjoy PvP by now even at veteran as healer, so this should be a good time filler until better and new questing content comes available.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From today's patch notes:

Alliance War

General

Significantly increased siege weapon damage against other player characters.
    Increased trebuchet damage against keep walls.
    Increased the XP received from killing other players by 50%.
    Increased the XP provided by many of the less lucrative quests in Cyrodiil.
    Increased the stats of a battle leveled player character in Cyrodiil to those of a VR12 player character.
    Reduced the XP received from some guards at the Scroll gates.
    Increased the level of all monsters in Cyrodiil to VR12 so they provide more XP per kill.
    Reduced the damage and health of guards so they are at a similar power level to the old VR5 guards.

What's with the last one?

Everything else is awesome but WHY the need to reduce their damage and health, just so they can stay as canon fodder and just be there for the XP and XP alone?

In my honest personal opinion, if you're hitting a VR12 mob, and getting VR12 drops and XP, they damn well be worth it. Unless they change PvE world so that VR12 hits like a VR5.... I don't see how this can add any value to Cyrodiil....

I'm sorry, I guess nothing REALLY wrong with it, it's just that I feel like we're being spoonfed in order to cater to the newbies casuals...

PS: everything else is awesome.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Alliance War

General

Increased the stats of a battle leveled player character in Cyrodiil to those of a VR12 player character.
    Increased the level of all monsters in Cyrodiil to VR12 so they provide more XP per kill.
    Reduced the damage and health of guards so they are at a similar power level to the old VR5 guards.

Everything else is awesome but WHY the need to reduce their damage and health, just so they can stay as canon fodder and just be there for the XP and XP alone?

In my honest personal opinion, if you're hitting a VR12 mob, and getting VR12 drops and XP, they damn well be worth it. Unless they change PvE world so that VR12 hits like a VR5.... I don't see how this can add any value to Cyrodiil....

I'm sorry, I guess nothing REALLY wrong with it, it's just that I feel like we're being spoonfed in order to cater to the newbies casuals...

Do you think that the guards need buffed as they were prior to the patch? Think they were already stronger than VR10 mobs when they were VR5 so thats all they are doing is keeping their difficulty the same while raising the XP from them.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »

Alliance War

General

Do you think that the guards need buffed as they were prior to the patch? Think they were already stronger than VR10 mobs when they were VR5 so thats all they are doing is keeping their difficulty the same while raising the XP from them.

i just got back from 3mth hiatus. before, it's a pain in the butt to escape when a handful of NPC spotted you in a resource.... hits like a truck.

did a bit of pvp and pve in cyro last night and not once i feel like i'm threaten. hell, one point i got an NPC *and* a VR14 DK hitting on me, and as I focused on the DK (and finally won), i can totally *TOTALLY* ignored the NPC.... this is last night during the scroll steal in Thornblade.

That ain't cool.

When somebody, something, hitting your head with a big sword, you NEED to be worried. People need to think twice about taking more than 1, NPC or not. I'm already cautious against more than 1 player, but as of last night, an NPC is.... meh.

Well, we'll see tonight I suppose. If they're kinda like VR10, then maybe it's fine.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a start but it's still not enough. Played for about 4 and half hours last night, got about 120k AP and 225k exp. Objectives, like defensive and offensive ticks, need to return more exp and you need to dial back the exp penalty when grouped with other people to make player kills worthwhile.

Edited by Rust_in_Peace on March 24, 2015 12:47PM
  • Avindra
    Avindra
    ✭✭
    It's a start but it's still not enough. Played for about 4 and half hours last night, got about 120k AP and 225k exp. Objectives, like defensive and offensive ticks, need to return more exp and you need to dial back the exp penalty when grouped with other people to make player kills worthwhile.

4.5 hours for 225k xp :(
    you can get 450k per hour in PVE mob grinding the very few spots that are left.

I was hoping to be able to get as much xp per hour doing PVP stuff as I would doing PVE stuff.