The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incoming Cyrodiil Vet Rank Change and more

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm assuming the decision on VR12 over VR14 was a calculated one? VR14 would be awesome but since there are no VR14 open world mobs in the game I can understand any hesitation on that front.

I would also ask you to please check the damage guards currently do to players. VR5 mobs hit *really* hard right now. Far harder than they did in 1.5. I shudder to think on what a VR12 guard will hit for if this damage isn't scaled back somewhat. I got powerbashed by 2 guards a couple nights ago and was instagibbed and Archers can still 1-shot players. Just something to take a look at in internal testing.

Beyond that thanks for listening! All you need to do is throw us a bone to fight over every now and then and (most of us) will be as happy as pigs in a pen.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    Snit wrote: »
    If Cyro-Delves become desirable grinding spots, some PvP will move underground. Does that improve performance above, by spreading folks out?

Have you ever PvP'd unexpectedly in a delve? It's one of the most awesome experiences in Cyrodiil. I hope that it does drive people underground...

Moar delve PvP pleeez
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Cyro-Delves become desirable grinding spots, some PvP will move underground. Does that improve performance above, by spreading folks out?

Have you ever PvP'd unexpectedly in a delve? It's one of the most awesome experiences in Cyrodiil. I hope that it does drive people underground...

What's a delve?
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm assuming the decision on VR12 over VR14 was a calculated one? VR14 would be awesome but since there are no VR14 open world mobs in the game I can understand any hesitation on that front.

I would also ask you to please check the damage guards currently do to players. VR5 mobs hit *really* hard right now. Far harder than they did in 1.5. I shudder to think on what a VR12 guard will hit for if this damage isn't scaled back somewhat. I got powerbashed by 2 guards a couple nights ago and was instagibbed and Archers can still 1-shot players. Just something to take a look at in internal testing.

Beyond that thanks for listening! All you need to do is throw us a bone to fight over every now and then and (most of us) will be as happy as pigs in a pen.

Couldn't you just blink away from them? ;)
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian, since you are working wonders today, can you please fix horses too?
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    So yet more ZOS focus on PVP after Eric's nerfbatting round, nothing for PVE.

Still no non-group--or-die way to level beyond VR10.

Don't make me slap you through the internet
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I think there would be enough difference in a power leveled to VR14 and a true VR14 to still encourage leveling up but it might just be the not wanting to attract people in for VR14 loot tables?

As for difficulty:
    In an effort to give Cyrodiil more XP for players of all levels, all monsters and guards in Cyrodiil will now be Veteran Rank 12. Their health and damage have been adjusted to keep their same difficulty\challenge as they currently are at Rank 5. We are currently putting this through internal testing for vets and non vets..
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »

What's a delve?

In case this is a serious question, they are represented on the map by the torch icons. They are the skyshard caves with the PVE mobs in them.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you taken into account the differential from armor values this patch and last. Light armor is supposed to make you extremely squishy now thus making them hit harder, even more so in 1.6

Suru
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
    tumblr_inline_nkbrgm7H3V1raiirg.gif
    Start putting reasons for seasoned PvPs to go into delves so I can wait inside and Reverb Bash them the second they walk in the door then get them all heated with my fire and whip them into submission.
    Edited by Panda244 on March 18, 2015 8:43PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • xDOVAHKIINx
    xDOVAHKIINx
    ✭✭✭
    IMO "Delves" should not even exists in PVP. ESO has the rest of the game for that kind of content. PVP should be exclusively PVP (also take out dolmens no one cares about those)

PVE players should not clog PVP players limited campaigns/Que's/(content). I am not against Martin Luther King Jr's work, but separate the two peoples and you'll have harmony in this game.
    Edited by xDOVAHKIINx on March 18, 2015 8:45PM
    "According to most of the people on these forums, every organized 16 man guild group is a lagblobbing pulsespamming zerg."-Fmonk
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO "Delves" should not even exists in PVP. ESO has the rest of the game for that kind of content. PVP should be exclusively PVP (also take out dolmens no one cares about those)

I actually agree with this. If removing deer is meant to help, surely cleaning up a lot of the other junk would. Certainly a big ass dolmen would be even more intensive.

The only hesitation I have is the completionists that like Cyrodiil questing. Maybe just leave it in Azuras Star or whatever.
  • xDOVAHKIINx
    xDOVAHKIINx
    ✭✭✭
    If taking out 5 dolmens means the server can handle 5 more players. Ill take it any day
    "According to most of the people on these forums, every organized 16 man guild group is a lagblobbing pulsespamming zerg."-Fmonk
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »

Have you taken into account the differential from armor values this patch and last. Light armor is supposed to make you extremely squishy now thus making them hit harder, even more so in 1.6

I don't think like armor takes more damage than it did in 1.6, I just think the other armors were buffed more.

The biggest difference is actually in the loss of hitpoints, both through the 50% to 10% bonus hitpoint modification and the fact we're basically forced to maximize our magicka over our hitpoints now.

technohic wrote: »

As for difficulty:
    In an effort to give Cyrodiil more XP for players of all levels, all monsters and guards in Cyrodiil will now be Veteran Rank 12. Their health and damage have been adjusted to keep their same difficulty\challenge as they currently are at Rank 5. We are currently putting this through internal testing for vets and non vets..

Misread that thanks!
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an effort to give Cyrodiil more XP for players of all levels, all monsters and guards in Cyrodiil will now be Veteran Rank 12. Their health and damage have been adjusted to keep their same difficulty\challenge as they currently are at Rank 5. We are currently putting this through internal testing for vets and non vets.

Battle leveling stats has been increased to roughly a Veteran Rank 12 character with even distribution between stat picks and in moderate gear. This is also being tested with the above change to Cyrodiil being Vet 12.

XP for killing players has increased by 50% and we have increased the amount of XP you gain from various quests in Cyrodiil that were not already giving the highest XP reward possible.

We are currently looking at the values of monster XP in Cyrodiil vs. other Veteran Rank zones.

Like the siege damage changes, these will also skip PTS and hit live in a patch forthcoming in the next week (hopefully), so feedback here is appreciated for these changes.

This is fantastic news guys! Thank you so much for listening to players' concerns and coming up with a solid solution quickly!
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great change, and much needed.

Nice to see PVPers gets some love.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually agree with this. If removing deer is meant to help, surely cleaning up a lot of the other junk would. Certainly a big ass dolmen would be even more intensive.

The only hesitation I have is the completionists that like Cyrodiil questing. Maybe just leave it in Azuras Star or whatever.

You guys should also consider the fact that spreading out all of the PvP players improves performance in Cyrodiil. If a few dozen players in each campaign are out ganking and grinding in delves, that is that many players who are becoming one with the Zerg swarm lagging the whole thing to hell.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You guys should also consider the fact that spreading out all of the PvP players improves performance in Cyrodiil. If a few dozen players in each campaign are out ganking and grinding in delves, that is that many players who are becoming one with the Zerg swarm lagging the whole thing to hell.

I fully plan on zerging the delves with 30+. As an EP I don't feel comfortable going much past Deshaan without an entourage.

I have my rock star status to maintain.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while you're at it, add vet5 potions to the potion merch too. max lvl 45 pots is really stupid... ttfn
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can hear us!
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on March 18, 2015 8:55PM
    :trollin:
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    So yet more ZOS focus on PVP after Eric's nerfbatting round, nothing for PVE.

Still no non-group--or-die way to level beyond VR10.

You know, nothing much shocks me anymore on these forums... so thanks for that, I suppose.

As a fellow PVE'er I just have to say this... stuff it. Seriously. PVP has suffered long and gotten no love other than the occasional balancing act (which really is ZOS's fault for making the two virtually one in the same) so you just take that negativity right back, we don't want it here!

Personally I'm stoked for you guys, XP should have been on par with PVE... since the beginning of time.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭

I fully plan on zerging the delves with 30+. As an EP I don't feel comfortable going much past Deshaan without an entourage.

And that will be 30+ not in overland, reducing strain on the server.

I don't see a downside.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry I'll be spamming Impulse and liquid lightning on the entrances as you guys zone in. Should make some great PvP footage! ( =

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lhorion wrote: »
    Is this change live at the moment?

Not yet! As Brian mentioned, we're planning many of these changes to hit the next incremental patch (tentatively scheduled for Monday).

Speaking of which, does this mean that the world team also woke up that we are now VR14 and the crafting nodes will be more than level 5 mats?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, getting more kills on players is just phenomenal.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I really appreciate the effort, but as long as everybody runs around with 10 frames per second and a 7000ms ping, nobody is going to give a flying ***.

Totally agree!They are honeyd***ing us!!! Those great news about XP increase, pleasant to hear make us feel like ZOS care about PvPers and for moment makes us forget about Unlimited Lag in Cyrodiil. First big battle and you gonna be sad panda again...

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE players should not clog PVP players limited campaigns/Que's/(content). I am not against Martin Luther King Jr's work, but separate the two peoples and you'll have harmony in this game.

No
    i hate people forcing team speak on me in groups, i hate being told go here go there in groups. so i solo alot and kill solo. i sometimes do follow groups but i wont join them as thier rude and just talk alot of disrespect and take out any and all fun i have in eso. so i stay solo and it brings me great happiness and fun :)
    if you take away the delves and dungeons and the pve side of eso i would be really angry.
    right now cryodiil is the closest thing to a true open world pvp enviroment that i will ever have in eso. dont take it away.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 18, 2015 9:03PM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that it? I always figured EP only had three or four active players, each of whom is fifty-boxing ;)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can hear us!

Yeah... tap tap tap, this thing is working :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I really appreciate the effort, but as long as everybody runs around with 10 frames per second and a 7000ms ping, nobody is going to give a flying ***.

Totally agree!They are honeyd***ing us!!! Those great news about XP increase, pleasant to hear make us feel like ZOS care about PvPers and for moment makes us forget about Unlimited Lag in Cyrodiil. First big battle and you gonna be sad panda again...
    :bawling:

Sad Panda sad!

Wait never mind I don't play on Thornlag, no issues here.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.