The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

ESO Hides My Cleavage??

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoulScream wrote: »
    Yeah this is by far the most out of touch with their customers in a game that I have played.

You haven't played Star Trek Online then I take it?
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost impressive how much they've managed to ignore this.
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more for the record. I HATE this change.

This is a bad decision, with all due respect to the artists who designed these, the new verions are less attractive than the old ones. If the plan is to remove attractive armors in order to sell costumes for real world money, then you have a problem, because, unless we can dye the costumes, I, for one, won't be buying any of them and I'm not alone.

Time to let us design and dye our own costumes from any available pieces.
    Options
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost impressive how much they've managed to ignore this.

Yea, been following this change for a bit and it's funny that nobody has responded to the complaints. The only explanation I can see is they know that attractive armor sells well and they are planning on forcing it through the crown store.

You see the same thing with the CM on SWTOR. Gear you get through actual gameplay is either:

A) The same as every other classes'

B} Ugly as sin

C) Both

The only GOOD looking armor you get is through their random crate system.

At this point (because of the lack of feedback on the matter) it looks like Zeni is purposefully reducing appeal of in-game gear to achieve better additional sales...which is one thing I feared from the B2P announcement. Whenever they've been silent on something (B2P + Justice System delay) it usually means, "Yea, your fears are right and you won't be happy with us if we say anything on the matter. Which in turn means we have to do more work...screw that."

Only time will tell if new styles of crafting allow for more options than horribly ugly nun costumes.
    Edited by Spidermonk on February 27, 2015 2:04AM
    Options
  • OrdainedFaun
    OrdainedFaun
    ✭✭
    I'm very saddened to the changes in armor and costumes on the PTS - it makes me want to cry. Why are they giving us less customization options instead of more? How about the option to hide other parts of my armor besides just the head gear so I can finally hide the ugly epaulets? It is bad enough as it is that there is no barber or way to change our character appearance after we make it - now to mess with armor/costumes and take that away? If ZOS wants to change armor/costumes in the game then they should add brand new styles, not screw up what is already there.
    Options
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to think that if you want boobs hanging out go play Tera, Archage, or GW2 that objectifies the hell out of women.

TES has always been more respectful to women - and more practical - armor wise. (except for certain box art.)

Cleavage on something that makes sense like a dress that offers no stats? I'm cool with that. Plate mail - especially for an Orc - Orcs who would know better - that has a boob window is just stupid.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
    Options
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Rykoth wrote: »
    I tend to think that if you want boobs hanging out go play Tera, Archage, or GW2 that objectifies the hell out of women.

TES has always been more respectful to women - and more practical - armor wise. (except for certain box art.)

Cleavage on something that makes sense like a dress that offers no stats? I'm cool with that. Plate mail - especially for an Orc - Orcs who would know better - that has a boob window is just stupid.

So what about all the female players here who are quite against that change?
    Options
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭

This is a bad decision, with all due respect to the artists who designed these, the new verions are less attractive than the old ones. If the plan is to remove attractive armors in order to sell costumes for real world money, then you have a problem, because, unless we can dye the costumes, I, for one, won't be buying any of them and I'm not alone.

Don't want them as costumes either. A costume is a full set basically, top to bottom, I can't combine multiple styles/motifs through different pieces.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand what was disrepectful about the old armors - and I spoke up against boob windows way back when the forums were still on Bethesda's site. It made no sense then and makes no sense now, but it's a minor problem and affects only one style out of 15. This has nothing, nothing to do with the changes to Redguard armors and disguises.

It's very clear that ZOS isn't doing this out of respect for women.
    Edited by Rosveen on February 27, 2015 1:34PM
    Options
  • Shlankwald
    Shlankwald
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be buying them even if I could dye them at this point. If this really is a cash grab (and if they don't say anything regarding the complaints I will assume it is), I don't plan to give them any money, cash shop or premium. Its sad, I got a bunch of my friends into this for the B2P change, and now its disappointing they are ignoring customer complaints (not just in this, but many other things; this is just the most outrageous one, because I've seen almost nobody for this change). Needless to say, they aren't too happy knowing they invested in a company that ignores their fanbase.
    Options
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From todays ESO live:

I really like the new Orc and Redguard armors in Update 6. Can we expect more styles to get an overhaul, and if so, which? (Please say Dunmer and Nord) – Faulgor
    Thank you! We’re glad you like the changes. We don’t have current plans to revisit any other older armor sets. Right now, we’re continuing to make more awesome armor sets as in-game rewards and loot, and we’re also creating new costumes and cosmetic items for the Crown Store.

GRRR!
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What happened, did someone decide that ESO can't have any armor that looks even remotely good? This was truly a horrible shock to me logging into the PTS and seeing this change:
    ESO-Dress_zpsrdwwj925.jpg

PLEASE DON'T TAKE AWAY MY DRESS!!!! And, no, I'm not wearing a wedding dress. I love this dress, I get compliments on it nearly daily. Please don't vandalize one of the few cool low level options.

But... they look bigger in the wtf shot.

Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From todays ESO live:

I really like the new Orc and Redguard armors in Update 6. Can we expect more styles to get an overhaul, and if so, which? (Please say Dunmer and Nord) – Faulgor
    Thank you! We’re glad you like the changes. We don’t have current plans to revisit any other older armor sets. Right now, we’re continuing to make more awesome armor sets as in-game rewards and loot, and we’re also creating new costumes and cosmetic items for the Crown Store.

GRRR!

Gave you an Insightful, because your post gave me insight into the selection process involved when ZOS chooses questions for ESO Live.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What happened, did someone decide that ESO can't have any armor that looks even remotely good? This was truly a horrible shock to me logging into the PTS and seeing this change:
    ESO-Dress_zpsrdwwj925.jpg

PLEASE DON'T TAKE AWAY MY DRESS!!!! And, no, I'm not wearing a wedding dress. I love this dress, I get compliments on it nearly daily. Please don't vandalize one of the few cool low level options.

But... they look bigger in the wtf shot.

But... size isn't everything
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I would be happier if they didn't touch the subject of new armors at all. It's astonishing how they ignored three threads filled with complaints and cherry-picked one of the rare positive comments. Listening to community feedback, indeed.
    Options
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    From todays ESO live:

GRRR!
    Yeah, when I heard this question I immediately thought that this person doesn't actually care about the Orc and Redguard armor, but rather simply just wants them to change Dunmer and Nord. It seemed like the old butter up and then attempt to get what you really want tactic.

Of course I could be wrong. Regardless, it just seems so odd to me that they picked Redguard to change when they don't plan on changing the other styles as well.
    Edited by DobbaDeuce on February 28, 2015 3:31AM
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
    Options
  • Sneski
    Sneski
    Soul Shriven
    Grunim wrote: »
    Tamanous wrote: »
    ZOS must be unaware that women who play mmos often dress their toons like they dress up on Halloween ... sleazy as they can get away with.

For a mature rated game I am shocked ZOS is hurting the massive segment of female players who view character customization as a primary draw to games.

I am serious saying this. I personally do not understand dressing like a stripper while engaged in heavy combat but TONS of rl woman I have played mmos with sure as heck do.

Well I'll counter your post by saying women who play MMOs often dress their characters up to not look sleazy. I have walked away from MMOs where I did not have a choice to play a female who didn't look over sexualized.

For me, the best solution is to offer players choice. Some people want their male and female characters to look sexy, others prefer a more covered look.

Exactly, as a female player I mostly play male characters just because of the armor. And I'm sure a lot of those 'sleazy' characters are men. I agree, give players the choice.

I have to say though, when I read the title of the topic I was thinking the female orc armor. Seeing the pictures, the OP has a point. The original dress looks much better.

It has to do with realism, I have no problem with light armor showing more skin. But I like playing melee heavy armor characters,won't do that in a chainmail bikini. Or in high heels like I 've seen in other games!
    In my opinion, female armors in ESO are not as bad as I've see in other games. I hope they 're not doing it for the rating like someone suggested.
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From todays ESO live:

GRRR!
    ROTFL!

Okay, let's be fair. I am entirely neutral on the changes to Orc Armor in general. The "boob window" on the old-style female Heavy Armor is cute, but it doesn't make sense for the Orsimer race - who as masters of Heavy Armor would cover every vulnerable part of the body. I am fine with removing it (although I'd like to hope that some other style, something like Bosmer or Primal, where "protecting the body" doesn't seem to be a high priority, would pick it up).

I am neutral on the changes to Redguard Medium Armor, and while I dislike the changes to Redguard Heavy Armor, I recognise that I am in the minority on that. I personally prefer the simpler, "old" style with fewer plates to the new, more detailed style. That's fine, we all have opinions, I can carry on using it and just cover my character's overcomplicated Cuirass with a Guild Tabard :).

But the new Redguard Light Armor - both women's and men's - takes away everything which makes it unique. Desert robes, with facial protection against sandstorms. Sandals, for use when running over sand dunes. Everything which says "Alik'r". The new armour is just meh. I've started describing the new female Redguard Light as "like a radiographer's apron" - you know, the kind of heavy apron which X-ray technicians put on to protect themselves against the radiation which they work with all day. A heavy ugly thing whose only purpose is protection.

I just can't get over how, with the exception of two commenters, everyone who's posted on the forum has been negative about the new Redguard female Light Armor. (And no one has mentioned liking the new Redguard male Light Armor either). Two people out of... fifty? A hundred? There have been several different threads about it. And yet here it is, fait accompli, dumped on us whether we like it or not.

Sigh.
    Edited by baratron on March 1, 2015 2:00PM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sneski wrote: »
    Grunim wrote: »
    Tamanous wrote: »
    ZOS must be unaware that women who play mmos often dress their toons like they dress up on Halloween ... sleazy as they can get away with.

For a mature rated game I am shocked ZOS is hurting the massive segment of female players who view character customization as a primary draw to games.

I am serious saying this. I personally do not understand dressing like a stripper while engaged in heavy combat but TONS of rl woman I have played mmos with sure as heck do.

Well I'll counter your post by saying women who play MMOs often dress their characters up to not look sleazy. I have walked away from MMOs where I did not have a choice to play a female who didn't look over sexualized.

For me, the best solution is to offer players choice. Some people want their male and female characters to look sexy, others prefer a more covered look.

Exactly, as a female player I mostly play male characters just because of the armor. And I'm sure a lot of those 'sleazy' characters are men. I agree, give players the choice.

I have to say though, when I read the title of the topic I was thinking the female orc armor. Seeing the pictures, the OP has a point. The original dress looks much better.

It has to do with realism, I have no problem with light armor showing more skin. But I like playing melee heavy armor characters,won't do that in a chainmail bikini. Or in high heels like I 've seen in other games!
    In my opinion, female armors in ESO are not as bad as I've see in other games. I hope they 're not doing it for the rating like someone suggested.

Its a lot about realism and immersion.

Of course a light armor Redguard doesn't get hit by swords and what not, like its counter part in heavy armor. But this is the whole point, I play my char as a very mobile one and to dress mobile is very important to me. I do sports myself and I know very well that I could never do my sport in the outfit presented now ;)

What we don't have anymore as far as I am aware is a mobile outfit for tiny, squishy combatants, chars that might even use their charming attitude to convince others.
    Someone with a bow dresses different than someone with a huge axe and this should be portrait in the choice of armor. At least this is how I play RPG´s, maybe that's super nerdy or weird I don't know.

In general I think its a pity that nudity and skin is always seen as something bad in the States. If someone does sport then the outfits will support the sport, but I know from the past how Americans make a huge deal about this so I am not surprised that ZO caved in.

As I said in another thread, I am pretty sure that they removed the nudity for the rating so that the younger console crowd has access to the game. That said, players can still play without armor so that step is silly and doesn't change anything, but the game we don't speak of is 12+ and has more nudity which is a funny coincidence.
    Options
  • whitebeard00
    whitebeard00
    ✭✭
    Agree. Really disappointing. A lot of the motivation for me in playing these games is how my character looks. It is fantasy. Whether you are female/male/straight/gay/bi, there should be an option to make your character look sexy, show of tattoos, muscle, or even (shock) the aforementioned cleavage.

Only reasonable option for my female character is Barbaric, but nowhere nearly as cool as the early Redguard styles I used when my character first started out. Progression leading to less appealing character appearance really kills my desire to play the game and become immersed in my characters.
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wan my sexy outfit back again !!!
    Options
  • barmarchub17_ESO
    I am all for sexy armor. When the Seducer costume showed up as a bonus, I lived in it. Hey, since I am female, this is my big chance to walk around looking like a fantasy warrior. I built my characters with curves just to fill out the armor. By the way - I will be 70 yrs old in a few months. Who says you can't relive your youth and good looks. Just don't make me look matronly - I have enough of that in real life.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am all for sexy armor. When the Seducer costume showed up as a bonus, I lived in it. Hey, since I am female, this is my big chance to walk around looking like a fantasy warrior. I built my characters with curves just to fill out the armor. By the way - I will be 70 yrs old in a few months. Who says you can't relive your youth and good looks. Just don't make me look matronly - I have enough of that in real life.
    I'm just trying to imagine discovering that my grandmother is reliving her youth by running around half naked in an online game... I can't decide if it's terrifying or amazing. :D But good for you!
    Options
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Shlankwald wrote: »
    I don't even play female toons and this bothers me greatly.

My girlfriend is pissed off she looks like a nun no matter what she wears, too.

She could play while naked. That would remove the "feeling like a nun" issue I'm sure.

Perhaps they'll patch boobage back in once they have fixed some of the less important stuff like missing sound, game balance etc. I know... their priorities are weird like that.

In the mean time, a temporary fix could be to find a website with a lot of different dirty words and then set up a macro to output that to /say once every ten seconds, just to keep up the comfortable level of dirtyness.
    Options
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rykoth wrote: »

Cause no one ran around Daggerfall literally naked.

Just me?

Anyway, tired argument.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
    Options
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Gallows wrote: »
    Shlankwald wrote: »
    I don't even play female toons and this bothers me greatly.

My girlfriend is pissed off she looks like a nun no matter what she wears, too.

She could play while naked. That would remove the "feeling like a nun" issue I'm sure.

Perhaps they'll patch boobage back in once they have fixed some of the less important stuff like missing sound, game balance etc. I know... their priorities are weird like that.

In the mean time, a temporary fix could be to find a website with a lot of different dirty words and then set up a macro to output that to /say once every ten seconds, just to keep up the comfortable level of dirtyness.

Or you could focus in the fact that instead of priority being missing sound or doors not working, the important thing was cleavage nerf... wasn't even good cleavage
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
    Options
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    I absolutely hate the new armors. This is my last billing cycle because I unsubbed because of them. A friend of mine, a female with more cash to burn than I do, hates them even more wants to start a social media shaming campaign against zos but cannot think of a catchy hashtag.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
    Options
  • beautycutie87
    beautycutie87
    ✭✭✭
    Farewell to Pirate Parties! We had such a great Pirate Party last year in my guild!
    Screenshot_20140919_202348_zps968b9ad4.png
    Screenshot_20140919_215945_zpsfd878709.png

Some Great Drinks and memories!!!
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again I am simply dumbfounded and confused. There ARE no sexy outfits in the cash shop. And yet the first time I brought this up, the immediate response was "Buy the wedding dress" No.

I don't even know what to do. I'm past being angry about it. I am depressed. I don't even know what to have my characters wear. I'm NOT going to wear that travesty. There go 2 sets of epic training armor down the tube. I can't even wear my favorite costume because they killed it in the same way. There ARE no attractive looking options out there to wear.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if someone could make an add-on...

Anyway! Let the Girls go free!

#ESO - Let the Girls go!
    Edited by nagarjunna on March 4, 2015 3:54AM
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade