Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO Hides My Cleavage??

• ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus, everyone here is whining and crying over some damn armor. While the redguard change im indifferent on, the orc change was absolutely necessary.
    It's heavy plate armor, having a massive chest window completely destroyed the purpose of having such protective armor. I'm assuming no one here was smart enough to realize, but ESO has been striving to make the weapons and armors realistic and functional. TES games have never been about skimpy women. And no, gods don't count, and neither does the old and outdated designs of arena and daggerfall.
    Of course there are some exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, these changes are good and needed. Everyone needs to stop crying and whining over such little things. First people cried about unrealistic armor. They change it now people *** about not having skimpy armor. If you don't like it, go play Terra, they got plenty of what you want,

Realistic? LOL. Any armor with separate breasts and a dent in the middle is unrealistic and poorly non functional. However mashing the breasts together into a solid plate looks very unappealing and players expect armor to show the form more, so the makers chose looks over functionality. I actually liked some of the changes to the orcish armor because for the most part they left it as is and improved the lines and textures. I was sad to see the window go but got over it. Personally I liked having ONE choice in all of the many many different heavy armors that showed some cleavage. If you want less realism look at the golden saint. lol.

However I STILL want them to give back the redguard light and medium armors. The new ones are simply awful. The vast majority of players still hate them. We hate them on the NPCs. We hate them on the disguises. And we hate having armors that were one of the most unique replaced with one of the blandest/most boring options in the whole game.

Furthermore I'm STILL waiting for there to be anything worth actually buying in the crown store. At this point I'd give in and grudgingly spend some of my pile of crowns to get something with which to at least cover up my own character's horrible eyesore of an outfit. But there's nothing in there that appeals to me in the least. The wedding dress is pretty ugly, stiff and puritanical. Mainly used by male characters to look stupid. The jester just not my style. And the rest are simply BORING.
    Edited by ElfFromSpace on May 15, 2015 7:30AM
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_micwoojpvj1rl6k0vo1_500.jpg
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember this is coming from the same company (or at least, parent company) that tried to foist paid Skyrim modding onto the community. Anything to make a buck, I guess...
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus, everyone here is whining and crying over some damn armor. While the redguard change im indifferent on, the orc change was absolutely necessary.,

Have you actually looked at the folks in redguard armor? It's like star trek style lycra and completely .... well not attractive.

While the "texture" and high quality of the mesh is touted as a good thing, it ends up looking weird against "normal" textures.

And yes, the looks of armor matter that much to game immersion and enjoyment.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Sobela
    Sobela
    Soul Shriven
    I know I really did not like all the armor before patch but I had at least some that I did like and then after that I was back to the burlap sack or tin cane special really!
    I'm sorry I know some girls don't like there body's or want others to know what they have and I'm ok with that but I like mine.
    So if I want my toons to run around wearing only 3 triscuits held up by dental floss that should be my choice. ^_^
    I keep wanting to ask the good and prudish people at Bethesda what they r thinking!?
    I mean I really do wonder either they have there mommy's running things or something b/c this game is fun but my toon is so boring to look at.
    I know there is fighting and so on great.
    Yes I know sexy armor is not good when fighting but this is not in REAL LIFE so y the choice between the burqa or iron maiden!?
    I just like dressing up in game and out.
    I really don't play that much anymore b/c I don't like my toons that much anymore but I do try to come back to quest now and then.
    I just wish they would do something about the armor. -_-'
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again, I offer Sai Sahan as an example of male "unrealistic" armor. Unless he has some secret "hide chestpeice" option that I don't know about.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ziraous
    Ziraous
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought I would put my own thoughts in on the matter being I am new female player on the PS4.

FIRST thing I said when I was in the costume cash shop was… I don't like these costumes…or their colors. Even without the helmets/hoods on. They're too dark colored for me and I don't care much for the fact that neither of them show off my tattoo very well. I honestly haven't found many items I like too much. I did just recently find some robe that shows part of my tattoo. I forget the style, but basically has a normal strap with 2 bracelets on the side.

I Really like the way the old styles were that I've seen. I must admit, I personally look for/enjoy most the customization in a game and I am very disappointed with how the way female characters look. :(

I hope to see some pastel colors in the costumes to come in the future. Yes, I know I can dye my clothing, but I'm low level and I find myself at the station every hour redoing my colors. -.- So, I have a wedding dress for when it doesn't match that my bf got me, but even that dress is like ick…

Anyways, that's just the thoughts of a game newbie. ^-^ Thank you for taking the time and reading this. ^^

(I'll get a pic of my current style later. I believe it's khajiit robe or shirt. )
    ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~
    Lvl V 1 Vamp High Elf Templar PS4
    ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~ -;- ~~~~~~
    My Crafting Tracker
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no way cloth - of any kind - is going to be much in the way of armor. So stop pretending and just let it be beautiful.
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS just doesn't want to be like Neverwinter and every other MMO that makes female armor sexually appealing... because they're the good guys here.
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some crappy so-called female armor that is nothing more than metal lingerie. The original redguard light armor was not like that. It was lovely and distinctive.

Goodie for ESO for not catering to that crap - but they have gone to far to the other extreme and have done a poor job of integrating new armors. Mix and match and you will see how badly it's been done.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    While the new discussion in this thread is on topic and constructive, the General Discussion is a better location for providing feedback on the game itself. This forum is intended for discussing new builds and upcoming content on our Public Test Server.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did make a new thread there after the changes were brought off the PTS and to the live game. However the users in the forums seem to like commenting here better. Please direct all new comments to the new thread on the same topic:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157563/how-do-you-feel-about-the-changes-to-redguard-and-orc-armor-designs#latest
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Thanks for the link! We'll lock this thread, as that's a better place to continue discussing this topic.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.