The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

ESO Hides My Cleavage??

• Rumaika
    Rumaika
    Soul Shriven
    Unleash the tatas!

I also hate the medium Redguard belt change, it was one of the very few belts I thought had a clean design and wasn't absurdly tiny, even if I did dislike the gem's unchangeable red color. I made my Bosmer as fat as they can go and I want all the attention I can get on how miraculously wide her hips are.

I still haven't found where ZOS hid that delightful half-skirt-and-pants combo that only comes (sometimes) on the aforementioned pirate outfit... I'd make it just to wear around town.
    Options
  • Shlankwald
    Shlankwald
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon ZOS, we aren't asking for super skimpy, just like how they used to be.
    Which wasn't even that revealing to begin with.

I'd at least like a comment saying this won't happen if not the change...closure and all that.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So these changes went live? And no one from Zenimax ever said a word?
    Options
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    So these changes went live? And no one from Zenimax ever said a word?

They refuse to acknowledge it.

Makes you wonder with the PEGI change talk... are we going full Disney mode for b2p?
    Edited by The_Drexill on March 4, 2015 7:20PM
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wearing the skeleton costume...

There are NO costumes I like to cover up the horrible change to my armor *cry*
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    #ESO-LetmyCleavageGO

:D
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about this change the more SEXIST it seems. Most female players like to be able to look cool, and maybe attractive, while adventuring. What they've done is take away the only truly feminine looking armor set available. Some of the other sets are... ok.. Bosmer stuff has some tommboyish appeal, but most of the other armors look like man armor with boobs stuck on.

By making this change and throwing in a WEDDING DRESS as the only option even in the crown store, basically they're saying: Women should either act and look like men.. or you should put on a wedding dress, marry/mara a good man and then go home and cook dinner and make babies.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By making this change and throwing in a WEDDING DRESS as the only option even in the crown store, basically they're saying: Women should either act and look like men.. or you should put on a wedding dress, marry/mara a good man and then go home and cook dinner and make babies.

I would guess they figure that women 1-aren't a big part of their market and/or 2-are so used to being treated like that, that they will just give up and shut up
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Shlankwald
    Shlankwald
    ✭✭✭
    Since this is now live instead of on the PTS, I created a poll on the general discussion forums so people can see these changes. If you would like to vote please take a look:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155444/how-do-you-feel-about-the-armor-changes
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about this change the more SEXIST it seems. Most female players like to be able to look cool, and maybe attractive, while adventuring. What they've done is take away the only truly feminine looking armor set available. Some of the other sets are... ok.. Bosmer stuff has some tommboyish appeal, but most of the other armors look like man armor with boobs stuck on.

I resent the notion that practical armor is masculine and unattractive, but I'm not going to disagree with the rest of the message because I dislike the changes as much as you do.

And give us formal wear that's not a dress!
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what style you're going for. When I wear heavy or even medium armor I expect to be wearing something that looks more practical. And as discussed earlier in the thread, the boob armor isn't even practical or realistic. It's simply what we expect. A Tshirt and jeans is not very feminine wear, even if some women can make it look very attractive.

I've now found a Corseted Top that I actually like a fair amount, but to make it almost worse, it's not a costume, it replaces my armor. So I still have nothing feminine I can wear in combat as a healer. If I were a tank I'd understand better, but a healer I'm only getting light protection, so why should I be forced to wear weird looking stuff
    Options
  • Rumaika
    Rumaika
    Soul Shriven
    I would very much like a post from a developer on this, at least explaining the reasoning for the change. I'd have a much easier time understanding WHY this needed to happen. If it was being brought back as a crown store costume, then at least that's still an answer.

The end result now looks like a terrible mistake made while tooling with the meshes and saving on "Eh, just mirror a texture and hopefully no one will notice."
    Options
  • Rumaika
    Rumaika
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, and I meant to add:
    Rumaika wrote: »
    I still haven't found where ZOS hid that delightful half-skirt-and-pants combo that only comes (sometimes) on the aforementioned pirate outfit... I'd make it just to wear around town.

It's the Trousers and Tails clothing that came with the latest patch from thievering, so that's at least one nagging concern alleviated. Now fix my redguard light tops so I can be the pretty pretty pirate I was meant to be!
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    This made me weep. The NPCs look horrible:

Screenshot_20150309_224928_zpsusyvhitv.png
    Options
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    This made me weep. The NPCs look horrible:

Screenshot_20150309_224928_zpsusyvhitv.png

Because we all know Stibbons is attracted to her warm and caring personality...

But really, no official response to this? An explanation would be nice on why they felt they needed to drastically change armor and disguises in game. It's a shame because with an over all decent update (besides a few issues that need to be ironed out), these changes cast a big ugly obnoxious grey cloud over it. And I really feel sorry for those over at ESO Fashion who spent a lot of time and effort coming up with unique customized looks for their characters, only to log back in and find their hard work totally ruined by these changes.
    Options
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing that is really most annoying is that the new light Redguard Armour is just plain boring stylistically. Why offer it for critique on PTS and then ignore the result? I gave up trying to make it look decent with dyes and equipped a tabard to cover it up.
    Options
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    After all this... I eagerly await the next step: burqas everywhere.

Just because... they would be so elegant and stylistically correct in the world of Tamriel. Where slowly, females actually being feminine, and "showing some skin", will soon be punishable by stoning to death.

We do like our game to be "realistic" after all, yes? Well, here we could have some lovely "realism", as exercised in certain parts on (real) planet Earth.

I don't know if I should really laugh about the whole matter, if it wasn't so pathetic (from a design / development point of view).
    Options
  • Rumaika
    Rumaika
    Soul Shriven
    Sumpfheini wrote: »
    probably internal stuff. Like a conservative prudish 300lbs feminist in charge of art direction disliking 'unrealistic female picturization' or something stupid like this.
    ???
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Nobody likes the changes." - Not true.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭

Just because... they would be so elegant and stylistically correct in the world of Tamriel. Where slowly, females actually being feminine, and "showing some skin", will soon be punishable by stoning to death.

We do like our game to be "realistic" after all, yes? Well, here we could have some lovely "realism", as exercised in certain parts on (real) planet Earth.

I don't know if I should really laugh about the whole matter, if it wasn't so pathetic (from a design / development point of view).

You, my friend, are making a mountain out of a molehill, and invoking the slippery slope fallacy. I don't mind the changes to the style, particulary with the orc heavy armor change (it makes no sense to have heavy protective armor have a massive window in your chest where anything that just be poked into and boom, dead). I will say that I don't necessarily like how the redguard light armor covered up, but I know that I'll get over it since I hardly use that style anyway.
    Options
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    "Nobody likes the changes." - Not true.

Safe to say it's pretty damn close. There's always going to be that one complete weirdo that likes bad things... But you know that's the outlier.
    Brandizzle - NB

For teh covenant.
    Options
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twilix01 wrote: »

You, my friend, are making a mountain out of a molehill, and invoking the slippery slope fallacy. I don't mind the changes to the style, particulary with the orc heavy armor change (it makes no sense to have heavy protective armor have a massive window in your chest where anything that just be poked into and boom, dead). I will say that I don't necessarily like how the redguard light armor covered up, but I know that I'll get over it since I hardly use that style anyway.

Just quit with the realism. It doesn't matter if you have a boob window... either way YOU'RE SHOOTING LIGHTNING FROM YOUR FINGERTIPS!

I mean seriously just quit already lol. In this world where I can have tons of armor while wearing NO CLOTHES from jewelry enchants... I don't think it matters whether you can see someones 1 square inch of boob.
    Brandizzle - NB

For teh covenant.
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've made a new thread in the general discussion forum about the changes and with a poll to try and better capture the feelings of players"

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157563/how-do-you-feel-about-the-changes-to-redguard-and-orc-armor-designs
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THESE CHANGES ARE HORRIBLE! On top of utterly ruining two styles, they have ruined some favorite disguises as well. The person or people that decided to do this need a bonk on the head and a kick in the butt. UNFUGLIFY THIS MESS!
    Options
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What few developers seem to be able to grasp is that you can make armor/outfits sexy without making them revealing. The female Templar armor from Hellgate: London (displayed below) for example shows zero skin but is still very sexy.

That being said, the new redguard and orc armor designs are neither sexy nor revealing, but ugly as hell and have no place in a mature rated game.

7af9h5r0j2xy.jpg
    Edited by stimpy986b14_ESO on March 16, 2015 12:46AM
    Options
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO

I've been saying its sexist from the beginning. Several women I know quit over the armor change and did not come back even when it went free to play.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
    Options
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The armor changes are a bit much...

Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm unclear about the logic of having a wedding dress when there are no "weddings" in game. Is it called a "ritual of Mara dress?" How is this lore appropriate?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Corbenian
    Corbenian
    Soul Shriven
    The new armor is ugly as hell... Only a full covered and buried woman is a good woman? That's sexism pure! Shame on you, Zenimax!
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually the only characters I've seen (so far) wearing the "wedding dress" have been male.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.