The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

ESO Hides My Cleavage??

• Dinkveazy
    Dinkveazy
    Soul Shriven
    So do they just not pay attention to the community? I've seen no support for these changes and yet it seems like they are gonna go through with them anyway.

If this is some sort of cash grab it sure is a weird one.
    Options
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is by far the most out of touch with their customers in a game that I have played.
    Options
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    In preparation for a "pre teen" rating. Button up folks.
    Edited by PF1901 on February 24, 2015 6:06PM
    Options
  • gradius_ESO
    gradius_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I want this thread and the other ones (on the same subject) to keep building to show our dissatisfaction. However I don't know what else I can say that I haven't or someone else hasn't brought forward. Please ZOS listen to you fans and respond.
    Options
  • Sumpfheini
    Sumpfheini
    ✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »
    This is one of several threads on this theme. It always comes down to:

2. We don't want ESO to become like THIS [insert an elf from Terra Online] or another Asian MMO.....

KoreanElfArmor_zps359e93ec.jpg

Dunno, looks like some of my Skyrim Mod Setups.... therefore a true Elder Scrolls experience!

Joking aside: Some more veriety with the armor meshes would go a long way, and for females that includes stuff like cleavage armor, skirts, tight stuff, as long as it remains asthetically pleasing and fitting to the universe, why not?
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the new textures but not the new design, what is wrong with show some skin, im not saying bikini armor after all the TES game always keep a sense of realism unlike the Jp mmorpg, and i love that, but you have to give the player some eye candy ;) . I love this game and i like Zos for hear what players ask, so i dont want to think this i so you can sell that type of custumes in the crown store

I don't even know why I'm linking this, but 'always' is such a strong word....

arena-box.jpg

sorry my comment isn't very constructive...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi, keeping a discussion rooted in reality is always constructive. I am one who dislikes the "unrealistic" nature of some of the armors (the boob window from the Orc heavy, the "please stab me in the gut" opening on the bosmer), but they are kind of cute, and compared with some Anime type versions, they aren't too bad.

I do like options.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind what they do with the clothing/costuming part of the game, but I do like the armor to be reasonably more functional looking, artifact-tier items aside (honestly, who sticks their head into someone else's head??). Though, if they are going to be swayed by the cries for "more options" in armor, I want some male-specific sexy armor, for fairness and such. By the tenor of the conversation so far (read: nobody is talking about male options), it's pretty clear what folks are really after, so let me be the voice of justice by demanding ab-revealing sleeveless half shirts and thigh-hugging shorts so high up that the butt half falls out (but only for the male models, of course). Nothing says cute like cheeks that come pre-pinched.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    By the tenor of the conversation so far (read: nobody is talking about male options)
    I metioned it, but only fleetly because I have no idea how these male options could look like. I'm not really an admirer of the male body. If I want to show more of my character, I just take off his chestpiece.
    Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's such a banal thing to change that it simply has to have been done in order to plonk revealing clothing as a purchasable (rentable?) in the shop.

Or do their artists have so much time on their hands away from having no content to work on, that they rework boob-windows?
    Edited by Flynch on February 25, 2015 10:06AM
    Options
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for "ESO-medieval-style" bikinis coming to the shop this coming Summer. Even Tera started with hardly any costumes available and certainly none of the "revealing-type" ones, only to add dozens in the shop for every possible taste and imagination.

No idea why it is such a big deal. Personally, I do believe the more "revealing" stuff should be there and available to the people who fancy it, and I would be rather surprised if there are actually people who would feel offended (seriously?). Fantasy or real world, I never thought absolutely everyone, especially females, are required to be completely covered at all times, from head to toe. Really? Or are we creating some weird world / society where oppression / fanaticism rules supreme (not naming names...).

P.S. "Revealing" is not equivalent to "slutty" or degrading, thousands of years of extraordinary art has proven it can instead be elegant and beautiful.
    Options
  • Shlankwald
    Shlankwald
    ✭✭✭
    I want this thread and the other ones (on the same subject) to keep building to show our dissatisfaction. However I don't know what else I can say that I haven't or someone else hasn't brought forward. Please ZOS listen to you fans and respond.

I agree, this debate shouldn't die until something is done about it. Or at least they make a comment stating wether or not they plan to address the complaints and how they intend to handle them
    Options
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even need to have revealing stuff...just feminine stuff. For instance, I wear cloth so it should look like a nice dress/robe instead of the padded and heavy quilted stuff we have now. You can pad cloth and quilt it but it isn't going to stop an arrow any better than just plain cloth. Cloth shoulder pads? Really???

Obviously, everyone lives in fear of getting hit in the hips judging by all the hip armor. Please get rid of the hip armor and give us pretty dresses that can be dyed.

Thanks,

Denauri
    Options
  • Dinkveazy
    Dinkveazy
    Soul Shriven
    I don't even need to have revealing stuff...just feminine stuff. For instance, I wear cloth so it should look like a nice dress/robe instead of the padded and heavy quilted stuff we have now. You can pad cloth and quilt it but it isn't going to stop an arrow any better than just plain cloth. Cloth shoulder pads? Really???

Obviously, everyone lives in fear of getting hit in the hips judging by all the hip armor. Please get rid of the hip armor and give us pretty dresses that can be dyed.

Thanks,

Denauri

I agree, I'm not out for "revealing" armor necessarily. I just don't want to sacrifice elegant and interesting designs for a slight bit of realism. There are plenty of realistic armors in the game, is it so much to ask we have the option to be a little bit more of an individual. Hell, even in the cinematic trailer, the girl isn't wearing overly realistic armor. I need more variety, and that's hard to do when your armor has basically the same dimensions.
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some male-specific sexy armor, for fairness and such. By the tenor of the conversation so far (read: nobody is talking about male options), it's pretty clear what folks are really after, so let me be the voice of justice by demanding ab-revealing sleeveless half shirts and thigh-hugging shorts so high up that the butt half falls out (but only for the male models, of course). Nothing says cute like cheeks that come pre-pinched.
    I did see a Skyrim mod which created male armour "as revealing as typical female armour". In other words, it had bare butts and what I can only describe as "meat and two veg" hanging out. I am attracted to men and think my husband looks rather good when topless or naked, but bottomless armour is just nasty.

I am generally of the opinion that the amount of protection should increase with the armour type. Light Armor is basically just clothes, and Heavy Armor should provide full coverage. I am bothered by the amount of Heavy Armor in ESO which has half-naked arms - Khajiit, for example. I love the Cuirass and the Pauldrons but it seems odd having warriors run around with their biceps hanging out.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • Kaizxen
    Kaizxen
    ✭✭✭
    2. We don't want ESO to become like THIS [insert an elf from Terra Online] or another Asian MMO.....

You don't want ESO to have a suspiciously low camera angle? ;)

Honestly, there are definitely things that other games could learn from Tera's armor art, but they'd need to look at the full range of armors. People talk about Tera as if all of its armors were ultra-skimpy, and that is typically what gets publicized, but there are options for characters to be tasteful and/or modest. The player has to choose to use them.

I found the variations in armor types very refreshing in Tera, regardless of how much skin was shown. I'm tired of games reusing the same armor meshes with minimally altered textures for entire ranges of armor pieces.

It's also one of the few games out there that offers a full range of armor appearances (skimpy, fully clothed, wacky, etc.) for both genders, which is an argument that has been raised (justifiably) in every MMO I've ever played.
    Edited by Kaizxen on February 25, 2015 4:20PM
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I support armor to this degree, but a quick look at what mods are the top downloads of all time on nexus should be a pretty clear indication of what "styles" a significant portion of the TES fan base is interested in.

I'm going to miss the redguard (the male version was awesome too), and my fiance is going to miss the Orsimer female heavy. The Orsimer change seemed pointless but the redguard change is a step backwards - from aesthetically interesting and culturally representative to the same old bland tunic + skirt that every other race has. They should be individualising the other races, not homogenizing them.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened, did someone decide that ESO can't have any armor that looks even remotely good? This was truly a horrible shock to me logging into the PTS and seeing this change:
    ESO-Dress_zpsrdwwj925.jpg

!

Divines and Daedra! Do NOT do this ZOS!!!! What the Hades are you folks thinking????? ADD the "new" looks if you feel you must but DO NOT take the old ones away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frankly - if it's a design choice to reflect proper coverage of the body from stray blows or arching arrows - then why allow a hide helmet function?

Aesthetically it's the same thing.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PF1901 wrote: »
    In preparation for a "pre teen" rating. Button up folks.

Oh gods no. You take that back right now!

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my biggest problem with the move to make armor more "armory"... Say they ARE making "clothing" (as opposed to armor) for the cash shop. As costumes you can wear to cover up your painfully boring armor. Unless I can also now DYE those costumes I have no interest in them. Indeed, I am bored spitless by the costumes they have shown so far. Both the wedding dress and the darker colored version of it they have shown are nothing more than BAD Ren Faire costumes. So I have no faith that anything else they put in there is going to appeal to me. And even IF they looked awesome and I was willing to spend crowns on them....again, with no way to dye them the way I want, there's absolutely no point to them.

NO ONE asked for this. You know what people asked for regarding armor design? To GET RID of the stupid floating hip flaps. To GET RID of the ridiculous floating shoulders/epaulets. To IMPROVE the quality of the visuals on the cloth and to have cloth, leather and metal take the dyes UNIFORMLY.

Doesn't look like we're actually getting any of that. WHY ZOS???

Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it ain't broke, I'm against fixing it.

This was not broke.

What is happening is NOT a fix or an improvement.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as usual, there is no one responding from ZoS about this with any sort of explanation.

AFAIK there has not been a single thread here ever to request these changes to armor, so if they are going to fall back on "it was the community" that wanted this - WHAT community are they talking about, I have no clue.

They could argue I suppose that for console launch they decided to tone down any outfits that might seem non-family friendly, despite that this is an M rated game.

But what I do know is that given the armor cosmetics on the Crown Store at the moment in PTS, it could be a change to fuel costmetic sales later on since they are in fact ripping styles from crafted armor in the game already.

All well and good to sell cosmetics but not at the expense of taking things OUT of the game just so that you can sell them to us later.

If I see even one outfit in the Crown Store with this particular motif and see that conversely the original craftable style has been removed from the game, I will be revisting Firor's remarks in the Road Ahead (for all the good it will do me) regarding not changing the game as we know it to encourage us to use the Crown Store - and I don't care if it gets me banned or not.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's so they can sell the 'old' versions in the crown store and we will buy them because we miss them.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    By the tenor of the conversation so far (read: nobody is talking about male options)
    I metioned it, but only fleetly because I have no idea how these male options could look like. I'm not really an admirer of the male body. If I want to show more of my character, I just take off his chestpiece.

That's actually kind of the issue. While not universal, skimpy armor has typically been a choice for males, and enforced for females. Even the skimpy male armor has typically been about displaying power than sexualizing the male, while it's been quite the opposite for females.

Considering that you can't craft armor outside your racial style until you get one of the motif books, Redguard male and female cloth-users are having skimpy armor "forced" on them, which I admit is a tenuous claim, but one that nonetheless would be made by every social justice blogger looking to get more post views or reblogs. Skimpy armor also appears to be against Zen artistic direction at the moment, so I imagine they're trying to both avoid bad publicity and increase brand identity simultaneously. That said, I'm sure there'll be all kinds of more casual-looking clothing brought in with the justice system. Why, just the other day I came into the possession of a shirt with sleeves that don't go past the elbow! Such scandalousness!

As for the orc boob window specifically, I recall a post made by one of the devs on a Reddit AMA declaring that it was indeed unintended, and that was back waaaaay early last year. That makes me more confident in the idea that it's more of an artistic direction thing.

All that said, I really do hope we get a more robust costuming system that doesn't eat up any inventory space. If people want to run around dungeons in some combo of armor and new clothing items, I say more power to them, so long as they know how to match. ;-)
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my Redguard heavy armor to have heavy armor legs again. I will resub in a heartbeat if they fix this set.
    Options
  • Morana
    Morana
    ✭✭✭
    Chalk me up as another female player who's NOT impressed with this change. I generally dress my characters rather conservatively, but sometimes you want to spice things up and have a little fun with the racier pieces. Which aren't that racy to begin with. Go to the mall and you'll see way more cleavage than this.

If this is a ploy to have us buy sexier stuff in the crown store, then I'm even more NOT impressed.
    Options
  • Dinkveazy
    Dinkveazy
    Soul Shriven
    I wanna keep this bumped.
    I just got this game, and already starting to regret my purchase. Every day I'm getting more convinced them going B2P is just a quick cash grab rather than trying to get more console players.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zos if you want to make "NEW" armor for sale on the crown store; fine. We're not against that at all! But PLEASE don't/stop/change back our NORMAL armor that was ALREADY IN GAME!!!
    Most of us will still gladly get the crown store stuff, but not if this is going to be the type of game that is always taking things away from us!
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at the 1st comparison and the only thing that screams out to me is mother and daughter :/
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
This discussion has been closed.