The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, it is time to wield the banhammer against those AD exploiters

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    If the gate was never opened and players gate hop, tunnel, or use any other means to bypass a closed gate from the assaulting side, that is "bad".

If a group of players open the gate normally, get to the Temple and the gate closes behind them due to the keeps which open the gate being retaken, players can still get the scroll out if they survive the gate guards.

The last solution we have talked about (but not added yet) is putting a requirement on the scrolls that the gates must be open to be picked up. This isn't ideal as players could legitimately get the gates open, fight to the temple and not be able to pick up the scroll if the gate closes behind them. This solution however is getting more traction on internal discussions.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on February 2, 2015 9:22PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the gate was never opened and players gate hop, tunnel, or use any other means to bypass a closed gate from the assaulting side, that is "bad".

If a group of players open the gate normally, get to the Temple and the gate closes behind them due to the keeps which open the gate being retaken, players can still get the scroll out if they survive the gate guards.

The last solution we have talked about (but not added yet) is putting a requirement on the scrolls that the gates must be open to be picked up. This isn't ideal as players could legitimately get the gates open, fight to the temple and not be able to pick up the scroll if the gate closes behind them. This solution however is getting more traction on internal discussions.

Thank for confirming what we, incluing the AD who took the Scrolls without opening the Gate, knew all along. Now they'll hopefully stop claiming it's legit.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 2, 2015 3:38PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for clearing this up, @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    If there's one thing this thread makes crystal clear, it's what kind of people are in the guild called 'Alacrity'.

Witness the death of a guild's reputation right here, live on the Alliance War forums!

well, they seem to be quite proud of being percieved as "cheaters".
    So, I guess, from their point of view: it's mission accomplished
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Does "bad" mean "exploit" ? The community needs some definitive answers here . We are tired of no set definitions and getting scrolls removed without warning . Also what about casting healing springs in a bunched up crowd to cause lag ?
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭

Could you not add a second set of gates to the scroll temple, which stay open for an extra 15 minutes (or a suitable time for a good offensive push) when the gate(s) in question closes?

It allows the fight between temple and gate to go on a little further without it just being cut dead with the solution your team is pushing toward.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler The gates were closed each of the nine times I am aware of it happening this weekend. There were no instances of gates closing behind players who opened them legitimately because the gates were never opened in the first place.

I think I safely speak for everyone in all three alliances when I say we all love a good scroll fight when the gates are opened fairly by capturing the keeps in front of them. If you implement your internally discussed solution, please add some sort of timer (say 30-60 minutes) that will permit the scrolls to be stolen if the gates close after an invading faction opens them legitimately.
    Edited by LonePirate on February 2, 2015 3:56PM
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously??? "bad"..meaning not that bad..but everyone is raging so we have to say something that relates to the word bad?
    "Bad" as in lets move on with our lives kinda "bad"..Is he aware that thorn is broken until they end that internal discussion on how to stop this "bad" ness??? Is he aware how many times they did this "BAD" in the past 3 days??? (is he waiting for the toy to get old and maybe they will stop playing with it???)

Stupid Q: U put a mender that does 10k damage as some of the brainiacs that continue to use this "bad" thing said. Make it 20k damage...100k damage? Why does the mender have a cool down on the skill in the first place??? Could they really survive a 20k hit? Or maybe that isn't the way they are really getting in???

BLEAH...."BAD"
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler The gates were closed each of the nine times I am aware of it happening this weekend. There were no instances of gates closing behind players who opened them legitimately because the gates were never opened in the first place.

Friend of mine sat at the gate and was screenshotting how the AD were doing it as well.

• NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All exploiters need banned
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 mods
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Actually Brian Wheeler told us that taking a scroll while the gate is closed is not an exploit when we did it months ago.

Odd then that on my thread where you discussed how to get Scrolls from behind closed Gates, it was deleted and the reason given by ZOS for closing it was the following:

HPOx5UV.jpg

It seems ZOS has changed their mind on that.
    Yep this was the thread where a certain idiot decided to tell in detail how it's done then proceed to say that nothing was wrong.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well AD ... It's official . You are "Bad" . :wink:
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »

Like Bad Bad? Or Good Bad?
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooo post-57033-Ive-been-a-bad-boy-gif-Imgur-A-w2oL.gif
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

What about... the ugly?
    NA/PC server
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you for the feedback, this is very satisfying and exactly what I though.

I would suggest to make it so after X hours the gates closed, you can't press E anymore to loot the scroll.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 2, 2015 3:59PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Hey, instead of a bunch of American kids running their mouth as if we are in the elementary school playground, let's focus on the actual problems again:

1: Being able to enter the Scroll Temple area while the gate is closed.
    2: Certain people bending backwards to defend this exploiting.

1 is clearly something ZOS needs to fix. That means you, @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌!
    2 just makes me sad, especially when you see which people are defending this.

I do not understand why there are gates at the scroll temple it they are never in play
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What about... the ugly?

Hey, leave my wife out of this mister.

350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

http://youtu.be/dsUXAEzaC3Q
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

I would suggest to make it so after X hours the gates closed, you can't press E anymore to loot the scroll.

Simple, elegant solution. So instead they will make it 3 times as complicated, 10 times as dense, 6 times as exploitable.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

AD must replicate the dance of this in a faction wide recording. It must be done.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Simple, elegant solution. So instead they will make it 3 times as complicated, 10 times as dense, 6 times as exploitable.

I still say a one-way insta kill barrier is the best way. If you come in while the Gates are closed, dead. If you go out, i.e if you sneak in when it's open, you'll be fine.
    NA/PC server
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

I still say a one-way insta kill barrier is the best way. If you come in while the Gates are closed, dead. If you go out, i.e if you sneak in when it's open, you'll be fine.

I think they didn't originally use a kill barrier that only worked on certain alliances because its likely not easily implementable. Even though we think it should be/is there might be other reasons that aren't so simple (even though we know they have kill barriers in the starter areas). So instead, they slapped a 10k hit on the mender and called it a day. I think at least if you go frozn's route its a little cheaper dev time wise to execute and will be robust enough that there is little room for exploitation.... as long as the timer works that is :p
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD, as much as EP lagsploits, this is simply wrong and indefensible. Seriously, you have no leg to stand on defending this. Very poor play on your part. Please cease, and let's beat EP legitimately, not this way.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    At least 8 times (as of now) on Saturday and Sunday, AD on Thornblade NA exploited their way behind the Chim and Ghartok scroll gates to steal EP scrolls. They obviously do not have the talent or skills to grab the scrolls through legitimate gameplay so they need to resort to exploits. They know they are cheating. You know they are cheating.

How about enforcing your TOS and ensure fair game play by permanently banning those losers?

AD is not the only one doing it.

But I agree, ZOS needs to actually take action against exploiters.

Personally I'm kind of sick of everyone in my group lagging and crashing whenever we run into a certain group, who has bragged in the past about using exploits to lag and crash other players.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    image_3.jpg
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, implement one or both of these:
    1) Insta-kill barriers at the Gates when they're closed, like at the starting zones.
    2) Gates at the Scroll Temples that only open when the associated keeps are captured.

Can't close the gates at the temple because I could get back there legitimately and wait until the time is right to strike. Sorry.

I think the real issue is that the guards stand close enough to the edge for dragon leap and ambush to work.

I'd rather NOT see either nerfed. Because they are useful for things like jumping breeches and such.

Just move the mage guards back so there is no LOS from the front. No one ever gets hit till they pass through the other side anyways.
    Edited by Bouvin on February 2, 2015 4:24PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image_3.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Scroll cappers knew, they just didn't care :wink:
    NA/PC server
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD must replicate the dance of this in a faction wide recording. It must be done.

better dye your armor to match this too, and i will sitchair and watch, please do this.
This discussion has been closed.