The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS, it is time to wield the banhammer against those AD exploiters

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    jaebdub wrote: »
    I have a very easy solution for you about the scrolls. You could defend them. It's not like we have more than 2 or 3 people going for it.

The thing you don't understand is that 75% of EP's zerg is going to chase those 2-3players who captured the scroll, and AD will take 2 keeps in the process. They have mentioned it several times in other threads which got deleted. Their plan is to get those keeps back, it's not even about capturing the scrolls even tho they did manage to bring 2 back in the 8 attempts so far.

I do actually understand that the zerg will chase down the scroll. It is just like any tower, outpost, or scroll farm. The objective is to occupy the opponents army with a trivial task. If your team isn't profiting off of a diversion then it isn't much of a strategy. Actually capture the scroll and all the merrier. Yesterday AD handed DC a scroll to force attention up north while we kept hold of Ash, BRK and below. IMO All is fair in war. The move certainly wasn't for team green.

The counter to these are good scouting, proper communication in zone, teamwork and an understanding when your opponent may attempt to distract. Until (IF) this gets fixed I think you should adopt a new strategy.
    Edited by jaebdub on February 2, 2015 5:44AM
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a very easy solution for you about the scrolls. You could defend them. It's not like we have more than 2 or 3 people going for it.

The thing you don't understand is that 75% of EP's zerg is going to chase those 2-3players who captured the scroll, and AD will take 2 keeps in the process. They have mentioned it several times in other threads which got deleted. Their plan is to get those keeps back, it's not even about capturing the scrolls even tho they did manage to bring 2 back in the 8 attempts so far.

I do actually understand that the zerg will chase down the scroll. It is just like any tower, outpost, or scroll farm. The objective is to occupy the opponents army with a trivial task. If your team isn't profiting off of a diversion then it isn't much of a strategy. Actually capture the scroll and all the merrier. Yesterday AD handed DC a scroll to force attention up north while we kept hold of Ash, BRK and below. IMO All is fair in war. The move certainly wasn't for team green.

The counter to these are good scouting, proper communication in zone, teamwork and an understanding when your opponent may attempt to distract. Until (IF) this gets fixed I think you should adopt a new strategy.

What you just explained make perfect sense regarding strategies and diversions. The only point you forgot to talk about is the fact that capturing a scroll without opening the gate first is against the rules. They already worked on a static field to counter it. You guys found a way to get around it. Still against the rules. If it would be allowed, I'm pretty sure that the Staff members would have mentioned it already to the whole community so we can all be clear about it and make it happen on YOUR side aswell.

Edited by frozywozy on February 2, 2015 5:50AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭

What you just explained make perfect sense regarding strategies and diversions. The only point you forgot to talk about is the fact that capturing a scroll without opening the gate first is against the rules. They already worked on a static field to counter it. You guys found a way to get around it. Still against the rules. If it would be allowed, I'm pretty sure that the Staff members would have mentioned it already to the whole community so we can all be clear about it and make it happen on YOUR side aswell.

I would be an *** to not welcome it on us at this point.
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually Brian Wheeler told us that taking a scroll while the gate is closed is not an exploit when we did it months ago.
    Edited by Tripwyr on February 2, 2015 6:34AM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    But guys, you don't understand! Its only OK when OUR faction does it! Otherwise, banhammer plox.

The irony in this thread is edible.
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angavar wrote: »
    But guys, you don't understand! Its only OK when OUR faction does it! Otherwise, banhammer plox.

The irony in this thread is edible.

And it's ok when our faction brags about intentionally lagging out server battles.

• daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    So why don't some EP players start jumping walls and taking keeps and scrolls? If the other Alliances don't have a problem with it then, like I read earlier, "Alls fair in war" so do it. Problem solved, it's not a lack of strategy or stooping to a lower level. If a weak point in a wall them hit it hard.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all i hear in this post is a bunch of crybabies. go ahead and cry some more. And grow some balls while your at it. its a game... if you want perfection you are looking at the wrong place.... WAAHHHH!!!!
    Edited by Gothren on February 2, 2015 7:37AM
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why don't some EP players start jumping walls and taking keeps and scrolls? If the other Alliances don't have a problem with it then, like I read earlier, "Alls fair in war" so do it. Problem solved, it's not a lack of strategy or stooping to a lower level. If a weak point in a wall them hit it hard.

We are better than that.
    Even if ZOS comes out and says it is intended, I still wouldn't. Would others, of course, but then I won't be around for that.

You can't change the rules to bend around a flaw in the game.
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    If you hide behind the gate after it opens and wait till it closes to take the scroll its not an exploit, but using skills to get over the gates without them ever opening is most definitely an exploit. That's why they removed the other thread that explained how to do it. I aint even mad but I would like to know, is Alacrity ready to come down from the high horse yet?
    Edited by Flawlless on February 2, 2015 11:03AM
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't condone it either, but it would get fixed quicker if people from all alliances did it all the time, or at least I would think. But EP will still win, and I don't see the lagsploiters when I play and on may days off I PVP or 8-10 hours. All I see if an organized EP guild or two hitting opposite sides on the map. Also I see one button wonders using snipe, biting jabs, crystal frag, mage's wraith, flame lash, talons, and so one. No one seems to use too many combos either, some sort of invasion or castblocking. So the more people don't change up their playing styles and rely on the same old thing makes me better at countering players that rinse and repeat.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the root causes here are the attitudes of the elite guilds which rationalise the perpetration of these exploits.

Yes, there are flaws in the game's mechanics which are exploitable... and this lies squarely with ZOS... but the self righteous, entitled attitudes of some players is what sees them repeatedly exploited.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC used to do this to AD a lot, if the gate was open they would wait behind the gate for along time then drop tents and the ninja of the scroll began, but if people of any faction including my own are exploiting to get behind the gate, ZOS needs to plug that hole and give those folks a time out.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, instead of a bunch of American kids running their mouth as if we are in the elementary school playground, let's focus on the actual problems again:

1: Being able to enter the Scroll Temple area while the gate is closed.
    2: Certain people bending backwards to defend this exploiting.

1 is clearly something ZOS needs to fix. That means you, @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌!
    2 just makes me sad, especially when you see which people are defending this.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on February 2, 2015 11:33AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    I r not wut even happening anymore ...

some good stuff:)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Columba wrote: »
    Huntler wrote: »
    Lmao what? People are actually trying to justifiy their blatant exploitation of the scrolls gates by saying that EP intentionally lags the server? LOL. That's sad and hilarious at the same time. Don't blame players for ZoS's coding being megafail allowing scroll takes. What's the next excuse to come out of the Green Alliance's Big Book of Failures and Excuses? That your seducer boots were untied?

See how easy it was to turn your awful point on its head?
    The servers being unable to handle too many players and effects in a single area is not a player caused issue, but taking advantage of a known exploit that ZoS clearly stated was an exploit is.

Sad to see how your guild has become nothing but a exploiting forum PvP troll guild. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Just a shell of it's former self. When are you guys disbanding?:)

yet ep leaders bragged about lagging the server.

Please note that just after 11:30 PM EST on February 1, Columba and crew were demolished at Dragonclaw without any lag whatsoever. I can't wait to hear the reasoning for this.

lol well you got me thrice today! here's a cookie! explanation? you had more players! lol

I KNEW IT.

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if we had to give a name to this scandal, such as Watergate, Gamergate, Deflategate, etc.
    Would it be... Gategate? :disagree:
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    Well guys I talked to my EP brethren today and we've agreed to stop lagsploiting. We came up with a good strategy to achieve this. 1. When we enter a keep we'll go in one by one. 2. We wont cast any skills when they're available. 3. We'll always make sure to be spread out as far away from each other as possible. Because I mean lets face it, being stacked tight and using skills (especially the ones that require you to be within an 8 meter proximity) is in fact, a serious exploit. Who needs to be in range of your groups buffs? Why are their even groups? Everyone should run solo and spread out, without the benefit of other skills that are not on your bar. We will stop. I promise.
    Edited by Methuselah on February 2, 2015 1:44PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Methuselah wrote: »
    Well guys I talked to my EP brethren today and we've agreed to stop lagsploiting. We came up with a good strategy to achieve this. 1. When we enter a keep we'll go in one by one. 2. We wont cast any skills when they're available. 3. We'll always make sure to be spread out as far away from each other as possible. Because I mean, lets face it, Being stacked tight and using skills (especially the ones that require you to be within an 8 meter proximity) is in fact a serious exploit. Who needs to be in range of your groups buffs? Why are their even groups? Everyone should run solo and spread out, without the benefit of other skills that are not on your bar. We will stop. I promise.

^this

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Methuselah wrote: »
    Well guys I talked to my EP brethren today and we've agreed to stop lagsploiting. We came up with a good strategy to achieve this. 1. When we enter a keep we'll go in one by one. 2. We wont cast any skills when they're available. 3. We'll always make sure to be spread out as far away from each other as possible. Because I mean, lets face it, Being stacked tight and using skills (especially the ones that require you to be within an 8 meter proximity) is in fact a serious exploit. Who needs to be in range of your groups buffs? Why are their even groups? Everyone should run solo without the benefit of other skills that are not on your bar. We will stop. I promise.

You forgot to ask the other faction if they are up from their nappy time. We wouldn't want to play while they are sleeping. Even with the 12hour time difference.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on February 2, 2015 1:38PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's mornings like this I'm happy I rolled DC at pre launch .
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    And also if we could just retreat to DESHAAN, every time *(60 well skilled AD with single target abilities on their bars) will hit Arrius (BRK) or whatever they are in mood for....THAT would be great

*def for small group in AD dictionary when referring to AD troops (=lagfesting zerg blob impulse spammers monkeys if they were EP troops in the same dictionary)

just sayin'
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ashanne wrote: »
    And also if we could just retreat to DESHAAN, every time *(60 well skilled AD with single target abilities on their bars) will hit Arrius (BRK) or whatever they are in mood for....THAT would be great

*def for small group in AD dictionary when referring to AD troops (=lagfesting zerg blob impulse spammers monkeys if they were EP troops in the same dictionary)

just sayin'

When I roll in I use a ranged aoe. It makes it safe and easy to wipe the 15guys piled on a flag, all spamming the same spell.

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lKaIuwP.jpg?3
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »

just sayin'

When I roll in I use a ranged aoe. It makes it safe and easy to wipe the 15guys piled on a flag, all spamming the same spell.

AHAAAA.. AOE you say....you are the one causing the LAG...that negate screws up ZOS's hamsters....REMOVE NEGATE FROM PVP !!!!
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why scroll templates have gates in their archways, if they never get used.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Actually Brian Wheeler told us that taking a scroll while the gate is closed is not an exploit when we did it months ago.
    This is a lie. Stop perpetuating this lie. You have no proof. There are no links. The only place you can find Brian Wheeler anywhere with this topic is from other threads and other forums with you saying the same thing.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ You see how this guy is using your name? Wow...
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there's one thing this thread makes crystal clear, it's what kind of people are in the guild called 'Alacrity'.

Witness the death of a guild's reputation right here, live on the Alliance War forums!
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Their not going to ban you goofballs in game . But they may ban you here . If forum moderators were in game GM's this would never be a issue . All the chimpstick Juggalos and fence hoppers would be on 30 day vacations and this would be said and over .
This discussion has been closed.