Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Legerdemain - The path of Thievery

DeLindsay
DeLindsay
✭✭✭✭✭
**Updating to be Accurate as of Live build 2.0.4**

Legerdemain is the new World Skilline line dedicated to those of us who wish to live in the shadows. You access this skill tree by successfully committing your first crime or Lockpicking a Chest. I did it by Pickpocketing an NPC (not all are able to be Pickpocketed). I had a 30% chance of success and bam, 'gained the Legerdemain skillline' popped up. The item was flagged as stolen in my inventory so I checked my map and sure enough there was a new icon on it (Trident, see below). I headed over and went into an underground lair of sorts with many vendors, a Guild Kiosk and some Vampires.

Legerdemain Passives
  • Improved Hiding
    • 1/4 (Rank 1): Reduces the Stamina cost of sneaking by 10%.
    • 2/4 (Rank 6): 20%
    • 3/4 (Rank 11): 30%
    • 4/4 (Rank 16): 40%
  • Light Fingers
    • 1/4 (Rank 2): Increases your chance of successfully Pickpocketing by 10%.
    • 2/4 (Rank 7): 20%
    • 3/4 (Rank 12): 35%
    • 4/4 (Rank 17): 50%
      • East Target = Up to 100% chance on all attempts.
      • Medium Target = Up to100% chance on first attempt.
      • Hard Target = Up to 90% chance on first attempt.
  • Trafficker [50/day to start]
    • 1/4 (Rank 3): Increases the number of fence interactions you can use each day by 120% [110/day].
    • 2/4 (Rank 8): [120/day].
    • 3/4 (Rank 13): [130/day].
    • 4/4 (Rank 18): [140/day].
  • Locksmith (Forcing Lock gives no XP nor raises Legerdemain Rank)
    • 1/4 (Rank 5): Improves your chances of forcing locks by 10%.
    • 2/4 (Rank 9): 25%
    • 3/4 (Rank 14): 45%
    • 4/4 (Rank 19): 70%
      • Simple = 85% chance to Force Lock
      • Intermediate = 80% chance to Force Lock
      • Advanced = 75% chance to Force Lock
      • Master = 70% chance to Force Lock
  • Kickback
    • 1/4 (Rank 6): Reduces bounties you willingly pay to guards and fences by 10%.
    • 2/4 (Rank 10): 20%
    • 3/4 (Rank 15): 30%
    • 4/4 (Rank 20): 40%

It's gonna take 16 Skill Points to invest fully in this tree so make sure you have some available. You advance level in the tree by Fencing goods, Pickpocketing or Picking locks and gaining Achievements within the Justice System at 1/2/4/8 points per task. Hope this info helps. Also Sneaking has a new graphic, kinda looks more sneaky to me.

Achievements associated with the Justice System
  • Ill-Gotten Gains 5/15/50 pts: Earn 1K/100K/1M Gold Fencing stolen goods.
  • Cut and Run 5/15 pts: Successfully escape a Guard after choosing Flee 1/100 times.
  • Home Trespasser 5/10/15 pts: Successfully pick locked doors 1/50/100 times.
  • Discriminating Plunderer 10 pts: Steal an item of Superior quality (Blue).
  • Safebox Pilferer 5/10/15 pts: Break into and loot Safeboxes 1/10/100 times.
  • Discerning Pilferer 5 pts: Steal an item of Fine quality (Green).
  • Pocket Picker 5/10/15 pts: Successfully Pickpocket citizens 1/100/1000 times.
  • Felonious Recompense 15 pts: Pay 100K to the Fence -OR- Pay 100K gold to the Guards to clear criminal record.
  • Loot Cleaner 5/10/15 pts: Spend 100/1000/10K gold to Launder stolen goods.
  • Make Amends 15 pts: Pay a 1 time bounty of 1K gold or more.
  • Murderer 5/5/5 pts: Kill 1/50/100 Citizens.
  • Grand Larcenist 5 pts: Steal an item of Epic quality (Purple).
  • Disrobed Discipline 5 pts: A Guard repossess an article of stolen clothing that you are wearing.
  • Indecent Exposure 10 pts: A Guard repossess stolen clothing from all you armor slots at the same time.
  • Butcher 5/5/5 pts: Kill 10/100/500 Livestock.
  • Ground Beef 5 pts: Kill a livestock cow, bull or ox.
  • Guar Slayer 5 pts: Kill a livestock guar.
  • Hog Kill 5 pts: Kill a livestock pig.
  • Poultry Assassin 5 pts: Kill a livestock chicken, or bantam guar.
  • Wicked Shepherd: Kill a livestock goat or sheep.

Legerdemain Levels
  • Rank 1 = 40 Points (You can get to Rank 6 pretty easy on Day 1).
  • Each subsequent Rank increases by 20 points.
  • Rank 19 = 400 Points.
  • Rank 20 = Level cap.
Advancing Legerdemain
  • 1 Point
    • Pickpocketing an Easy Target.
    • Picking a Simple Door or Chest/Safebox.
    • Laundering items of any quality, White - Purple.
    • Fencing items of any quality, White - Purple.
    • Gaining Achievements under The Justice System section.
  • 2 Points
    • Pickpocketing a Medium Target.
    • Picking an Intermediate Door or Chest/Safebox.
  • 4 Points
    • Pickpocketing a Hard Target.
    • Picking an Advanced Door or Chest/Safebox.
  • 8 Points
    • Picking a Master Chest/Safebox (I haven't found any Master Doors yet).

Who cares, show me the Money!!
While out and about in Towns you will find literally a metric ton of items to steal and then Fence for Gold or Launder for personal use. Iirc they said there's somewhere over 2000 unique items to be stolen. Even though it seems like a bunch of small numbers keep in mind while on PTS I've made ~45K in 4-6 hours of just Thieving. I also got no Epic Motifs since 1.6.2 (got AE in 1.6) so that would add even more if this were Live. Here's the basics of what you'll see from a monetary standpoint.
  • 1 Gold each: Ingredients, Racial Stones.
  • 9 Gold each: Green Provision Recipes.
  • 10 Gold each: Blue Provision Recipes/**Standard Motifs.
  • 13 Gold each: Purple Provision Recipes/**Epic Motifs.
  • 30 Gold each: White items.
  • 100 Gold each: Green items.
  • 250 Gold each: Blue items.
  • 750 Gold each: Purple items.

Almost everything stacks in your bags (this changed in PTS Patch 1.6.4*) so while you're Ranking up Legerdemain it's best to steal Ingredients/Racial Stones for your daily Launder limit, disregard the 30 gold White items and Fence all Green/Blue/Purple items until your daily limit. What I'm finding is that items that are very common for the new Provisioning changes tend to be all over, regardless of Zone level and it's a good way to manage inventory since you cannot get flagged items out of your bags without Fencing/Laundering or Destroying them, they will not go into your Bank or GB.

*In 1.6.4 White items stack to 100, Green items to 20, Blue items to 5 and Purple items no longer stack.

Very common items I found to stack up to save inventory space are Isinglass, Greens, Rice, Rose, Metheglin, Rye, Seaweed, Wheat, Surilie Grapes and Yeast. I'll just take a look in Barrels, Crates and Sacks and only steal those while I'm working on Ranking up.

You will be Picking MANY Chests/Safeboxes so it's worth your time to invest 10 points in The Shadow to get the Passive Fortune Seeker which increases how much Gold you get from Treasure Chests by 50%. Yes it counts for Safeboxes too.

**Motifs that are stolen can be Laundered for a very small fee and then sold just like you do on Live right now. In 1.6 that fee was 20g or less. It won't change Motif farming other than it adds 1 more step in the process and a little more care taken while farming them so you aren't caught.

Bounties and Heat
Everything here will be listed based on a VR14 Character. There literally isn't enough time each week to test every Level form 3-50 + 14 Vet Ranks to find out all the various costs involved per Level. You can enter an Outlaw's Refuge while in combat either from an angry Innocent that you tried to Pickpocket or attacked and Guards. It's a way to escape the "Heat" from your Criminal act.

Cost of being a Criminal in Tamriel
  • Theft: 89.5 Gold Bounty per unique item stolen when caught (or even trying to Lockpick a Safebox) as well as any failed Pickpocketing attempt. If there's 2 different items in a container you get a 179g fine, but if it's a stack of (2) identical items you get only get fined once.
  • Attacking an Innocent/Vampire Feeding in Town: 269 Gold Bounty. Note, you gain this Bounty the moment you attack an NPC, Murdering them and stealing their possessions doesn't incur a higher penalty.
Criminal Reputation
  • Upstanding: You have committed no Crimes, or been caught doing so. Guards have no reaction to you.
  • Disreputable: [1 - 267 Gold Bounty] Caught Stealing or Pickpocketing once. Guards will Accost you if you get too close to make you pay the fine and take your stolen items or you can try and Flee.
  • Notorious: [268 - 536 Gold Bounty] Caught stealing 3 times or attacking an Innocent once. Guards will Accost you.
  • Fugitive From Justice: [537 Gold Bounty or higher] Caught stealing 6 times, attacking Innocents twice or Feeding on Innocents in Town once. Guards will attack you on site with the only options being your death or your escape. This is also the level that Players will be able to kill you once that part of the Justice System has been introduced.
    • Failure to Pickpocket a guard even one time immediately makes you a Fugitive from Justice, even with only an 89g Bounty.
    • Feeding on a Guard immediately makes you a Fugitive from Justice and gains you a 201g Bounty.

**Bounty Decay - VR14:
  • 22.5 Gold every 3 Minutes while Online or Offline.
  • 450 Gold every 1 Hour.
  • 10,800 Gold every 1 Day.
  • Yes, it decays all the way to 0.

ProTip: Loot only Green/Blue/Purple items to Fence and Launder all the cheap White stuff to your cap each day. This will level Legerdemain the fastest while making you the most Gold possible.

ProTip 2: Check out these sets for a slightly superior Thieving experience:

VR 6-14 Character
Levels 4-22 Character
  • Night's Silence: Craft 5pcs Medium, preferably with Training on them.
  • Whatever else: I would suggest 1H/Shield though to add 1 more pc for set bonuses and another Glyph. Fleeing from the Guards is hard at lower levels. Also get 2 more Medium with Training for 7/7 Medium so that you hit Level 14 in Medium Armor asap for the Improved Sneak Passive, you will need it at lower levels.

EDIT: The new "safeboxes" that are placed close to NPC's have quite valuable items in them for the risk that you then sell to the local fence.

EDIT 2: You can see a growing list and picture set of the new Everyday Clothes HERE thanks to @olemanwinter.

Video Tutorials

EDIT 3: Check out @angelyn's post HERE that is detailing all the various goodies you get while Thieving.
[img][/img]fd9d9391-56e1-4d16-9f80-86aaa97f8a2f.png

Safebox/Chest locations by Faction/Zone/City *work in progress*

// ALDMERI DOMINION // - Average for Safeboxes / Best for Containers
Vulkhel Guard in Auridon (Best place in the game for Containers)
[img][/img]93689d7b-74fb-4c63-ae2e-6e2d1c9b712c.png

Elden Root in Grahtwood (Plus Safeboxes inside by the Bankers, FG and MG)
[img][/img]d3aa969e-5905-4c83-823a-849320bdc365.png

Redfur Trading Post in Grahtwood (No Outlaw's Refuge)
[img][/img]0369e21b-af35-4464-afef-8c3eea6f9175.png

Marbruk in Greenshade
[img][/img]e3eefe9b-2fed-47e8-845f-0e07ac6cc58e.png

Baandari Trading Post in Malabal Tor (no Outlaw's Refuge)
[img][/img]2b9cab97-2334-41cb-b28e-aaf1a0075c38.png

Rawl'kha in Reaper's March
[img][/img]ed8c51ae-9e16-4d32-85b1-5e5c012c8ca6.png

// DAGGERFALL COVENANT // - Best for Safeboxes / Average for Containers
Northpoint in Rivenspire (must be unlocked via Quests, MANY Guards and oh the Livestock, no Outlaw's Refuge)
[img][/img]8131d875-915a-40fd-9fb0-c866fe1f7d23.png

Shornhelm in Rivenspire *Updated* (Addon bugged and is showing 11 Chests too many, where you see doubles)
[img][/img]5e09f0b8-c224-419f-a452-df572ddd0af5.png

Bergama in Alik'r Desert (no Outlaw's Refuge, MANY Guards)
[img][/img]47a2b47a-3e70-4c79-a44e-2ea4840fd728.png

Sentinel in Alik'r Desert
[img][/img]925d136e-42a6-445d-8ab6-064b0a4729c3.png

Evermore in Bangkorai
[img][/img]d488fb85-ee4a-4f60-9553-2cd6561d6f3f.png

Hallin's Stand in Bangkorai (must be unlocked via Quests, and yes, it DOES have Guards but no Outlaw's Refuge)
[img][/img]1f50aab9-b14c-4256-a03d-ff69d4c923da.png

// EBONHEART PACT // - Good for Safeboxes and Containers
Fort Amol in Eastmarch *Updated* (no Outlaw's Refuge)
[img][/img]4161e99e-8bfc-4370-b363-60b72b38db10.png

Windhelm in Eastmarch
[img][/img]71731b73-3686-449a-8435-8fd3424e2ce4.png

NEUTRAL FACTION

• AD: What AD lacks in Safeboxes it seriously makes up for it with Containers, the type you find Motifs and Recipes in.
  • DC: DC is Safebox heaven but unfortunately not many people have heard of Wardrobes, Dressers, Nightstands and Backpacks.
  • EP: For a good mix of Safeboxes and Containers for Motifs/Recipes, EP is your best bet overall.

Also check out @Anemonean's post called "Rogue's Folio" which has a growing list of maps that detail more than just Safeboxes HERE.
Edited by DeLindsay on April 23, 2015 4:24AM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS did a very good job of changing the pats of NPC's. It's actually quite difficult at times to Pickpocket due to the way they move about now. Speaking of I decided to add Pickpocketing to this post as it's own category for Legerdemain.

Pickpocketing

I decided to give this it's own little section to separate the information from the other bits in Legerdemain. I'm crediting most of this section to @Tyr for finding much of the info. You will notice many NPC's in 1.6 have a White aura around them. This includes Citizens with various jobs to no job at all to Town Guards. These have been ranked in difficulty for Pickpocketing.

Basically the Drunks, Homeless, Beggars, etc will be "Easy" and thus give only 1 point when successfully Pickpocketed. They will also be the only group to exceed 100% chance for success for all 3 attempts once you have the Passive Light Fingers high enough. Each time you Pickpocket the same NPC (up to 3 times) the chance of success decays by 5%.
    [img][/img]959628d7-c28a-41a3-bc03-1f68a5667d22.png

The second group are the "Medium" difficulty and tend to be the Working Class as well as Middle Class Citizens. A successful Pickpocket of these NPC's will raise Legerdemain by 2 points and Light Fingers will raise the chance of success to exactly 100% but there will still be some chance to fail on the 2nd and 3rd attempt. Each time you successfully Pickpocket the same NPC (up to 3 times) the chance of success decays by 10%.
    [img][/img]0555446b-6d13-461f-bf66-d80d5855fbe9.png

The last group are the "Hard" difficulty Targets and tend to be the Wealthy Citizens and the Guards. A Successful Pickpocket of these NPC's will raise Legerdemain by 4 points but you will not be able to reach 100% even with Light Fingers maxed. The Guards also are the most risky Targets because the moment you fail you go directly to the Accost screen and it's either pay up or try and Flee. Each time you successfully Pickpocket the same NPC (up to 3 times) the chance of success decays by 10%.
    [img][/img]519a2308-9a38-4650-b65a-13b3402d0f18.png

You have usually 1 second of a higher chance of success then it drops down to that Target's base Pickpocket chance (adjusted by Light Fingers Passive). I've had the higher % pop up immediately when I got into range, and after I was behind the Target for a few seconds, so it seems like it's random but I cannot yet verify that. You will also notice that you cannot Pickpocket (or even attack) any NPC that is deemed important. These are Vendors, Bankers, Crafters, etc.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 16, 2015 8:11PM
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that first passive is super valuable to say the least.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've been having tons of fun running around making a whole lot of Gold Thieving, but I've hit something that's curious. When I Sneak up to an NPC and my Sneak icon is flat or just a little raised I don't always have the same % chance of Pickpocketing. In fact it seems like you get 1 second of double the chance the moment you get in range then it drops like crazy. I've done this with NPC's that weren't around any others so I know it isn't because of being seen BY other NPC's. Anyone else notice this and have any explanation?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also just found out there is no buyback from the Fences. So be careful not to just sell what you wanted to Launder. Bounty also decreases over time so hanging out in the Refuge is a good way to lower the cost before you pay the Fence to clear it.

EDIT: Holy crap breaking a Guard's Talons is tough. Oh and don't ability spam in Town or you die lol. Even if you were just checking a Heal out or something, if it hits a fugitive, the Guards come running.
    Edited by DeLindsay on January 28, 2015 4:58AM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright I've been doing tons of happy Thieving and have found something great. Even with a full set of gear specifically designed for Thievery with ALL passives related to it (short of the few in Legerdemain) it's actually a pretty difficult life. Shadow Cloak does NOT work when you break into someones house. They see right through it. Luckily they don't immediately call the Guards when they catch you in the house. Here are some helpful tips for those wishing a life of crime.
    This leaves you with Belt, Boots and Rings plus your Off Hand unassigned. I'd Suggest wearing 7/7 Medium Armor and maybe a Resto staff in the Off Hand for when you have to run from the Guards, and trust me you don't want to fight them. I'd also suggest placing Immovable or anything else you have that makes you immune to CC, the Guards have Talons and the same ability that Gargoyles have that petrifies you, and they can do it from a long way away.

Also as of right now it seems the daily limit for Fences is PER major City. That'll help those who wish to make their life of crime a full time job. That is unless ZoS changes it. Apparently it was the daily changeover. I'm at a different City right now and still have the same under Items Sold.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 5, 2015 3:39AM
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great thread! I've been stocking up on Nightshade in preparation but didn't think about Night Mother!Need to work on my thieving build.

(Shameless Plug) Preview a compilation of stolen items found on PTS here:
    Link
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I too have stocked up on both sets hoping that when 1.6 is Live that I can make a few bucks. And no worries on your plug, it's goes hand in hand with this thread. I added it up top on the first post.
    Edited by DeLindsay on January 28, 2015 11:04PM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indecent Exposure achievement works as long as all 7/7 items you are wearing at the time a Guard accosts you are stolen. They do not have to be the new every day clothing like Cuffed Boots and what not. Even the no value Armor items added a while back to the loot table works, it just has to still be marked stolen.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI, you can apparently unlock this skill line by lockpicking a regular treasure chest.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Indecent Exposure achievement works as long as all 7/7 items you are wearing at the time a Guard accosts you are stolen. They do not have to be the new every day clothing like Cuffed Boots and what not. Even the no value Armor items added a while back to the loot table works, it just has to still be marked stolen.

Thanks for that. Can't wait to try it. Sure not hard to get caught, lol.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    FYI, you can apparently unlock this skill line by lockpicking a regular treasure chest.
    Very good to know. I unlocked it with my first Pickpocket. Also, the Safeboxes in Towns act exactly like regular Chest out in Tamriel. They give the 915 XP (which helps level abilities and the Champion System) plus Gold and loot, the loot just happens to be flagged stolen ofc.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 12, 2015 7:10AM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still editing the OP to reflect further information I have on Legerdemain including how many points it takes per Level and how many Levels there are in total. I found out that the Champion System Passive in The Lover 'Fortune Seeker' does in fact work with the Safeboxes spread around Towns as well as Chests out in Tamriel. I cannot yet verify if the Passive 'Treasure Hunter' also works on Safeboxes as we'll need a ton of points to unlock it and there just isn't enough times on PTS to find out.

For those of you who haven't yet checked out @angelyn's thread listing the items that can be found while Thieving, there's a link on the OP. Also you will find that I listed there what I found in regards to Motifs. Stolen Motifs like Ancient Elf can in fact be Laundered and then sold like normal. The cost currently is 20g, but who knows if that price will make it to Live. That means Motif farming isn't really gone in 1.6, folks will just have to tweak how they farm a little.
  • ZeroNeonix
    ZeroNeonix
    ✭✭
    I was supposed to get it after getting away with a crime? I think I encountered a bug, because I stole from several NPCs, killed some, broke into houses, and sold stolen items.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legerdemain is the new skill line dedicated to those of us who wish to live in the shadows. You access this skill tree by successfully committing your first crime or Lockpicking a Chest. I did it by Pickpocketing an NPC (not all are able to be Pickpocketed). I had a 30% chance of success and bam, 'gained the Legerdemain skillline' popped up. The item was flagged as stolen in my inventory so I checked my map and sure enough there was a new icon on it (Trident, see below). I headed over and went into an underground lair of sorts with many vendors, a Guild Kiosk and some Vampires.

Legerdemain Passives
    • Improved Hiding 0/4: Reduces the Stamina cost of Sneaking by 10%.
    • Light Fingers 0/4: Increases your chance of successfully Pickpocketing by 10%.
    • Trafficker 0/4: Increases the number of fence interactions you can use each day by 120%/140%/?/?. [50/110/120/130?/140?]
    • Locksmith 0/4: Improves you chances of forcing locks by 10%.
    • Kickback 0/4: Reduces counties you willingly pay to guards and fences by 10%.

It's gonna take a ton of SP to invest heavily in this tree but I cannot wait to play with it on live. You advance level in the tree by fencing goods, Pickpocketing or picking locks and gaining Achievements within the Justice System at roughly 1 point per. Hope this info helps. Also Sneaking has a new graphic, kinda looks more sneaky to me.

Achievements associated with the Justice System
    • Ill-Gotten Gains 5/15/50 pts: Earn 1K/100K/1M Gold Fencing stolen goods.
    • Cut and Run 5/15 pts: Successfully escape a Guard after choosing Flee 1/100 times.
    • Home Trespasser 5/10/15 pts: Successfully pick locked doors 1/50/100 times.
    • Discriminating Plunderer 10 pts: Steal an item of Superior quality (Blue).
    • Safebox Pilferer 5/10/15 pts: Break into and loot Safeboxes 1/10/100 times.
    • Discerning Pilferer 5 pts: Steal an item of Fine quality (Green).
    • Pocket Picker 5/10/15 pts: Successfully Pickpocket citizens 1/100/1000 times.
    • Felonious Recompense 15 pts: Pay 100K to the Fence -OR- Pay 100K gold to the Guards to clear criminal record.
    • Loot Cleaner 5/10/15 pts: Spend 100/1000/10K gold to Launder stolen goods.
    • Make Amends 15 pts: Pay a 1 time bounty of 1K gold or more.
    • Murderer 5/5/5 pts: Kill 1/50/100 Citizens.
    • Grand Larcenist 5 pts: Steal an item of Epic quality (Purple).
    • Disrobed Discipline 5 pts: A Guard repossess an article of stolen clothing that you are wearing.
    • Indecent Exposure 10 pts: A Guard repossess stolen clothing from all you armor slots at the same time.
    Legerdemain Levels
    • Level 1 = 40 points.
    • Level 2 = 60 Points
    • Level 3 = 80 Points
    • Level 4 = 100 Points
    • Level 5 = 120 Points
    • Level 6 = 140 points
    • Level 7 = 160 points
    • Level 8 = 180 points
    • Level 9 =
    • Level 10 =
    • Level 11 =
    • Level 12 =
    • Level 13 =
    • ??? (I know it goes to at least 13, working on leveling it to see just how high)

ProTip: Loot only Green/Blue/Purple items to Fence and Launder all the cheap White stuff to your cap each day. This will level Legerdemain the fastest while making you the most Gold possible.

EDIT: The new "safeboxes" that are placed close to NPC's have quite valuable items in them for the risk that you then sell to the local fence.

EDIT2: Check out @angelyn's post HERE that is detailing all the various goodies you get while Thieving.[img][/img]fd9d9391-56e1-4d16-9f80-86aaa97f8a2f.png

Does laundering an item level your legerdemain skill? I didn't realize it did.
    Otherwise wouldn't it be better to just toss the white items since they net lose you money?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    Otherwise wouldn't it be better to just toss the white items since they net lose you money?
    Alright I checked again just to make sure and here's the results via Laundering:

Daedra Heart = 1 pt increase
    Kwama Egg Quiche Recipe (Green) = 1 pt increase
    Orcish Ledger of Significant Grudges (Blue) = 1 pt increase
    Fish = 1 pt increase
    Ginger (2) = 2 pt increase

I stole everything from every container and ended up with 1 Blue, 1 Green and a ton of White items including Provision ingredients. I'm half way through Level 8 and everything Laundered gave 1 pt increase, per item. So for now I'll stick with my original tip, Fence Green/Blue/Purple items and Launder White items until your daily limit each day while still leveling Legerdemain.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright I checked again just to make sure and here's the results via Laundering:

Daedra Heart = 1 pt increase
    Kwama Egg Quiche Recipe (Green) = 1 pt increase
    Orcish Ledger of Significant Grudges (Blue) = 1 pt increase
    Fish = 1 pt increase
    Ginger (2) = 2 pt increase

I stole everything from every container and ended up with 1 Blue, 1 Green and a ton of White items including Provision ingredients. I'm half way through Level 8 and everything Laundered gave 1 pt increase, per item. So for now I'll stick with my original tip, Fence Green/Blue/Purple items and Launder White items until your daily limit each day while still leveling Legerdemain.

Yep, i doublechecked on this myself and it checks out. Good tip.
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo, Zenimax promised when they added new skill lines, they would also provide us with more ways to earn SPs. I'm not seeing that in 1.6.

yet another broken promise made to us.
    Edited by PlagueMonk on February 2, 2015 12:09AM
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the forum search tool as I did a ton to see if someone else had placed a Ledgermain thread oh well thanks for the redirect. I never even thought of laundering raising but it makes sense, I only laundered a recipe I found and didn't pay attention to the raise. I don't know if it is the animation but it looks like I can move faster in stealth then unstealthed. I looked through all the skills and see none that raises the speed only the stamina used. Currently I have the 2 trait armor set that reduces the movement cost but that still should only bring it up to normal movement speed. As to the pickpocket percentage I have noticed the one second higher percentage chance particularly if I unstealth/stealth next to them; also if you stealth up to someone and wait when they shift the percentage will raise for a moment.
    Currently I am just grabbing everything I can from a container that I find in places such as guild halls or palaces then fencing it to raise my skill. I am not sure of the comment that it is a financial loss as it cost me nothing to loot it. Does anyone know if the value level of the item changes the skill line increase?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Soooo, Zenimax promised when they added new skill lines, they would also provide us with more ways to earn SPs. I'm not seeing that in 1.6.

Yeah I'm already having to rethink how I'm pointing things for 1.6 because there's at least 12 points I want in Legerdemain and my main with 275 SP just doesn't have any left because I Tank/Heal/DPS and PvP + maxed Crafter lol.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »
    I am not sure of the comment that it is a financial loss as it cost me nothing to loot it. Does anyone know if the value level of the item changes the skill line increase?
    Value of the item up to including Epic stolen items still only nets you an increase of 1 whether you Fence or Launder said items. The cost is the Laundering part. If you Launder an item it costs more than what you will be able to turn around and vendor it for. That's why Laundering only White items (until your daily cap) is worth it while leveling Legerdemain. At some point you may only want to steal Blue/Purple items as they sell for higher values than Green and you may be limited on daily Fences.

Also, I 100% agree on the search feature for these forums, it's broken as all get.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had another thought about this and why not place a single Skyshard in each of the Outlaws Refuge's. That'd add 16 additional Skyshards to the game (5 Skill Points +1/3 for the next). That wouldn't cover everything in the Legerdemain tree but it a reasonable addition. Can we get a 'possible' on this @ZOS_GinaBruno?
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm already having to rethink how I'm pointing things for 1.6 because there's at least 12 points I want in Legerdemain and my main with 275 SP just doesn't have any left because I Tank/Heal/DPS and PvP + maxed Crafter lol.

It's worth the investment. 10-15 days to level it to max then it's 50-100k gold in less than 1 hour of play every day.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have more info.
    Pickpocketing skill points go up for medium and hard tragets.
    You get 1 skill point for easy, 2 for medium, and 4 for hard.
    It's the same for simple, intermediate, and advanced locks.
    Also, the third point in light fingers is 35% so that makes Easy targets above 100% on all 3 attempts.
    Also you can only pick a targets pocket 3 times with decreasing base success rates. Easy targets success rate decrease by 5% with each successful pickpocket while it decreases by 10% for medium and hard targets.

Also it seems that the max level for legerdemain is 20 if it matches up with the last skill point.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more info.
    Pickpocketing skill points go up for medium and hard tragets.
    You get 1 skill point for easy, 2 for medium, and 4 for hard.
    It's the same for simple, intermediate, and advanced locks.
    Also, the third point in light fingers is 35% so that makes Easy targets above 100% on all 3 attempts.
    Also you can only pick a targets pocket 3 times with decreasing base success rates. Easy targets success rate decrease by 5% with each successful pickpocket while it decreases by 10% for medium and hard targets.

Also it seems that the max level for legerdemain is 20 if it matches up with the last skill point.
    I had thought the very same thing on increasing difficulty for Locks/Pickpockets but didn't verify the numbers, thanks for that. It also seems in Craglorn I get 2 per chest I pick versus the standard 1 in other Zones (open World Chests not Safeboxes). I just hit Level 11 Legerdemain and I'm pretty sure you're are correct on 20 being the max. I will adjust the OP to reflect your new information, thanks.

EDIT: I added a whole section about Pickpocketing to the 2nd post to make it easier to read.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 2, 2015 9:40AM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 1.6.1's Patch on PTS, Green Stolen items are now only worth 100g, Blue stolen items are now only worth 250g. Purple stolen items are supposedly still of varied values, I will adjust when I find some.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legerdemain

Legerdemain Passives
    • Locksmith 0/4: Improves you chances of forcing locks by 10%.

The one passive I really don't see myself spending ANY points in whatsoever. I've never tried to force a lock, ever. If I can't pick it the first time I wait til I can pick it again and go from there.

Instead of upping the chance of forcing the lock it should add time to the countdown clock while you're picking.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    Oh and don't ability spam in Town or you die lol. Even if you were just checking a Heal out or something, if it hits a fugitive, the Guards come running.

Oh goodie, joy and jubilation. Finally, something to discourage all of those obnoxious ability spammers. :)
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a video tutorial / leveling guide for legerdemain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiCcIV9e1ng

Enjoy!
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a video tutorial / leveling guide for legerdemain.
    I will add this to the OP for fast reference, thanks for the Video.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am busy working on Legerdemain on PTS for 1.6.2 since NA has access with our own Characters again. My plan is to attempt to reach it's Level cap before this week is over, if I can. I made it to Rank 13 in 1.6 but I didn't push as hard as I could've since I was also testing many other things that week. Also, I have updated the OP to make it into a format that's easier to find the information you want at a glance, and fix some spelling/grammatical errors. I will be continually updating the OP as I push further into Legerdemain to more accurately reflect how the Skill line levels and the benefits of going deep into the Passives. I'm already Rank 9 but it's very slow going at this point.