Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

[SPOILERS] Quest choices, full list, all factions

• Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest: A village awakened
    Zone: Auridon
    Options:
    1. Tell the Canonreeve the truth
    2. Lie to the Canonreeve about Merormo's motives
    Results:
    1: Didn't choose it myself, but, obviously, Merormo dies with this choice.
    2: Merormo is very grateful, and promises to never, ever deal with Daedra again.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• mra4nii
    mra4nii
    ✭✭
    Runefell wrote: »
    Quest: Badwater Mines
    Zone: Alik'r Desert
    Options:
    1. Help the ghost get revenge, don't tell Samsi about the curse on the gems
    2. Revenge is wrong, warn Samsi about the curse.
    1. Samsi is thrilled at the gems, and happily proclaims that at last her luck is turning around. Then she falls over and dies.
    2. ???
    2. On the way out of mine you will be attacked by Haidar spirit. Samsi will deny any accusations though, but is clear she's guilty. Later you meet her in Kozanset, enchained.

Edited by mra4nii on January 17, 2015 5:02PM
  • Makta
    Makta
    ✭✭
    I wish this was a full list.. And i wish i would have seen it before so i could have added some parts to it :)
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: The Lovers
    Zone: Rivenspire

Options:
    Choice 1: "Give her flowers."
    Choice 2: "Recite a poem."
    Choice 3: "Give her jewelry."
    1. ???
    2. You have a choice of having her recite an orcish poem, to buy a book from a wandering poet, or to have him compose his own poem. I bought the book and she agreed to be married. (copied from previous entry)
    3. Triggers quest to get 3 stolen gems from Bitterhand Bandits, which you take to Khalisah to have jewelry made. This in turn can trigger even more choices because Khalisah is in love with Julien - see below.

Possible second choice tree in the same quest, from initial choice 3:
    Context: If you chose jewelry initially, after you have Khalisah make the necklace, you can choose to either tell Julien about Khalisah's feelings for him, or lie about it.
    Options:
    Choice 1: "[Lie] Yes. She's really happy for you and Guendeline.
    Choice 2: "Did you know that Khalisah has feelings for you?"
    1. ???
    2. Julien is surprised to learn of Khalisah's feelings, and wonders if maybe he should give Khalisah a chance instead. This triggers yet another choice, advising him on whom to court! See below.

Possible third choice tree in the same quest, from second tree choice 2:
    Context: If you chose to tell Julien about Khalisah being in love with him, you can then advise him on whether to go with Guendeline or Khalisah.

Note that both options in the first (non-red) dialog after you choose to tell him the truth lead to the same set of red choices below.

Options:
    Choice 1: "Let's not complicate matters. I'll give the necklace to Guendeline."
    Choice 2: "I think you should give Khalisah a chance."
    Choice 3: "If you can't decide, maybe you need more time."
    1. ???
    2. Julien asks you to give the necklace back to Khalisah. After a bit of back and forth between the two, he agrees to enlist.
    3. ???
    Edited by Sylenne on January 11, 2015 11:43PM
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:18PM
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »
    Sadly there are no differences between the different "choices". At the end of the quest everything will be exactly the same, no matter which path you chose. All NPCs will treat you the same, all following quests will be identical, there won't be any references to your decisions later in the game... hell, there's not even any sort of faction standings that could be influenced by the "choices".

Basically, you get 2 lines of changed dialogue and (perhaps) a slightly different reward but in any meaningful sense and for story-telling purposes there is absolutely no difference between the "choices" you make.

Sorry to disappoint.

So.... /thread...?

Not entirely true. Sometimes, the choices you make affect where NPC's end up later, or if they're even alive. Granted, it doesn't make a huge difference when it comes to the game, but sometimes, if you're observant, you'll find NPC's from quests gone by in Inns or in towns, and they'll reference the outcome you chose. Also, guards and civilians will comments sometimes on them as well as random chatter. For example, in the quest 'One Last Game' in Stormhaven, I chose to give the money back to the soldier. Later, I heard a guard addressing me over that, and praising my honesty. Once in a while there will be a quest that will have a bigger impact, like the end of the Mage's guild, or affecting whether the area will remain hostile or not.

So yeah, there's usually no huge game changing effect, but there are often little hints all around you, if you're observant. And it's rather fun and plays into the roleplaying aspect.
    Edited by Runefell on January 15, 2015 12:52PM

• Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: A Lucky Break

Options:
    1. Nedras joined a gang of bandits, and died trying to rob someone.
    2. Nedras joined a group of adventurers. You'll probably never see him again. [Lie.]
    1. Gendinora is upset that Nedras died, and that he turned to thievery.
    2. Gendinora is angry that Nedras "abandoned" her.

Both options lead to a second choice, whether to give her money or not, ostensibly from her brother.

Second choice:
    Both options above lead to a second set of red dialog choices.

Options:
    1. I'm sorry.
    2. I'm sorry. But he sent a bag of coins along with me. I hope this will help. [234gp]
    1. ???
    2. She's grateful to you for telling her about her brother, and feels confident that he loved her.
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I'm going through the AD questlines, let's get some in there, eh?

Quest: A Village Awakened
    Options:
    1. Tell the Truth
    2. Cover up for Merormo
    1. Merormo is executed for his crimes.
    2. Merormo lives, and promises never to do anything so foolish again.

Quest: The Veiled Choice
    Options:
    1. Forget duty, he's your son
    2. He's a traitor, he deserves death
    1. Eranamo lives, but his father disowns him and tells him to leave and never come back. Rolancano lamets the fact that he failed in his duty as a Marine, but admits that he probably would've regretted killing his son.
    2. Eranamo dies. Details unknown.

Quest: A Chief Concern
    Zone: Grahtwood
    Options:
    1. Try to find an alternative solution
    2. Kill Gargak
    1. You convince Gargak to rule the bandits instead. You will have to clear a mine out of trolls, though.
    2. Gargak dies. I assume you fight him.

Quest: Stone Cold
    Zone: Greenshade
    Options:
    1. Tell the Bosmer to find a new home
    2. Kill the Hollow Watchman
    1. The Bosmer get ticked off, and you have to fight them. The Watchman then meets you outside and thanks you for protecting the Valewood.
    2. ???
    Edited by Runefell on January 25, 2015 6:40PM

• Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starting a new post...

Quest: The Fading Tree
    Options:
    1. Tell Erunor that he has a duty to his village
    2. Tell Erunor that he has a duty to his family
    1. Erunor stays behind as the only link to Tameriel the village has. He agrees that it's his duty. His wife is disappointed, but says she loves his sense of honor, and promises to raise their child with stories of their father's sacrifice.
    2. ???

• Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Last Words

Options:
    1. Tell the truth about Klaandor's fate, and give her the journal and amulet.
    2. Lie and say that Klaandor is still alive but sent her an amulet.
    1. Vyctorelle gets angry that Klaandor became a vampire and is now dead, saying she plans to get drunk and then join the guard.
    2. ???
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    Runefell wrote: »
    Now that I'm going through the AD questlines, let's get some in there, eh?

Thanks Runefell & all. RL got busy there, will update the main posts this weekend.
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭

Quest: Rightful Inheritance
    Options:
    1. Tell Lady Elenwe that her son took the crown and fled (Lie)
    2. Tell Lady Elenwe that you were forced to kill her son
    1. ???
    2. She'll be sad, but admits that she thought that this is how it would end.

• Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Love Lost

Options:
    1. Tell Giran the truth, that his wife left him.
    2. Lie to Giran, telling him that a vampire killed her.
    1. ???
    2. He seems sad, and thanks you for telling him of her fate.
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    Sylenne wrote: »

Options:
    Choice 1: "Give her flowers."
    Choice 2: "Recite a poem."
    Choice 3: "Give her jewelry."
    1. ???
    2. You have a choice of having her recite an orcish poem, to buy a book from a wandering poet, or to have him compose his own poem. I bought the book and she agreed to be married. (copied from previous entry)
    3. Triggers quest to get 3 stolen gems from Bitterhand Bandits, which you take to Khalisah to have jewelry made. This in turn can trigger even more choices because Khalisah is in love with Julien - see below.

Possible second choice tree in the same quest, from initial choice 3:
    Context: If you chose jewelry initially, after you have Khalisah make the necklace, you can choose to either tell Julien about Khalisah's feelings for him, or lie about it.
    Options:
    Choice 1: "[Lie] Yes. She's really happy for you and Guendeline.
    Choice 2: "Did you know that Khalisah has feelings for you?"
    1. ???
    2. Julien is surprised to learn of Khalisah's feelings, and wonders if maybe he should give Khalisah a chance instead. This triggers yet another choice, advising him on whom to court! See below.

Possible third choice tree in the same quest, from second tree choice 2:
    Context: If you chose to tell Julien about Khalisah being in love with him, you can then advise him on whether to go with Guendeline or Khalisah.

Note that both options in the first (non-red) dialog after you choose to tell him the truth lead to the same set of red choices below.

Options:
    Choice 1: "Let's not complicate matters. I'll give the necklace to Guendeline."
    Choice 2: "I think you should give Khalisah a chance."
    Choice 3: "If you can't decide, maybe you need more time."
    1. ???
    2. Julien asks you to give the necklace back to Khalisah. After a bit of back and forth between the two, he agrees to enlist.
    3. ???

Awesome, I am about to go through this section with my DK, will pick one of the other options.

Updated to here, added in a few of the results for other options.

Thanks @Sylenne‌ @Runefell‌ @mra4nii‌ @Helluin‌

Edited by Atarax on January 31, 2015 5:10AM
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest: Mourning the Lost
    Options:
    1. Agree with Erinel that she has a duty to her culture
    2. Convince Erinel that she should go back to Lourosse
    1. ???
    2. She will admit that you're right, she still loves Lourosse, and goes back to him.

Quest: Falinesti Faithful
    Options:
    1. Tell Fenral that she's on her own
    2. Help Fenral take revenge on the orcs
    1. ???
    2. She has you kill the orc chief's son and wives, then mount their heads on pikes and use a dark ritual to send their souls to the 'Ooze', the Green Pact's hell, while the chief watches in horror, before you kill him. Ever see a grown orc cry?

Quest: Beasts of Falinesti
    Options:
    1. Let Thonoras join his wife
    2. Force Thonoras to kill his wife
    1. You leave Thonoras to his ritual. He says he'll change into a bear like his wife, and they'll hunt together for the rest of their days, though he's not sure if he'll be able to control himself once changed. You go out to find his backpack for you payment.
    2. ???

Quest: Right of Theft
    Options:
    1. Call upon General Margoth and his spirit army to march against Naemon's forces.
    2. Release General Margoth and his spirit army to go rest in peace.
    1. ???
    2. Margoth is surprised, and said that they don't deserve rest. But he disappears once more. Indaenir says you did the right thing, and that all the spirits are at rest now.

Quest: The Flooded Grove
    Options:
    1. Kill Saromir
    2. Refuse to kill Saromir
    1. ???
    2. Hermaus Mora is displeased, and you have to kill Orthenir, the caretaker instead. He says that the daedra have fled without him, but it's just temporary.
    Edited by Runefell on January 31, 2015 9:22PM

• Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    A few later conversation consequences in Rivenspire quests:

Quest: Under Siege
    If you chose option 2 ("All right, I'll let you go.)
    After you finish The Lightless Remnant, you'll meet up with Heloise in Shornhelm Castle, talking to Lt. Fairfax. She says Verandis was helping her, and is sad that he's gone.

Quest: A Change of Heart
    If you chose option 1 (Tell Federik to go and Dulkhi to stay.)
    Immediate consequence: Federik tells Arlie he feels compelled to go off and learn how to fight so he can defend her, but promises to eventually return. Dulkhi is excited to have a chance with Arlie, and Arlie decides she's not willing to wait around for Federik, so she'll try a relationship with Dulkhi.

Longer term, after The Lightless Remnant, you'll meet Dulkhi and Arlie in Shornhelm Castle, both very happy and in love. (Though Arlie says Dulkhi needs to bathe more often, and that she's "molding her into the perfect lover.")

If you got to the 3rd choice tree, and chose option 2
    (That's the option where you tell Julien to go for Khalisah instead of Guendeline.)
    After the Lightless Remnant, you can talk to Julien in Shornhelm Castle, and he's happy with Khalisah, saying, "Now that's the woman of my dreams!"

By the way, thank you @Atarax for maintaining this thread! (And thank you to everyone who's contributing!) I was definitely looking at it for the earlier DC zones - I'm unlikely to come back through with another character, so it's nice to see what the other choices lead to.
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest: Manthir's Debt
    Options:
    1. Intimidate Manthir into paying his debt
    2. Help him get his money back from Farwen
    1. ???
    2. Farwen says she'll give the money back if Manthir agrees to meet her conditions, as she claims Right of Theft. She wants him to marry her. Manthir laments the fact that he's left with the choice of being gutted by the Khajiit mob, or marrying Farwen. He begrudingly agrees to marry her. Farwen is thrilled that he feels the same way.

There are a lot of choices in this quest. I'll try to list them all.
    Quest: The Grip of Madness
    Zone: Grahtwood
    Talk to Rufinus
    Options:
    1: Reason with Rufinus
    2: Push Rufinus off the ledge
    1: Rufinus realizes that the person he's really angry with is himself, and that he's the source of all his own problems. He then accidentally strikes himself with lightning, much to the amusement of your companion. He later joins to help you in the quest, but dies at the end. (Can only choose this with the Persuade Skill)
    2: Rufinus dies.
    Choose between Choice and Free Will. You're Choice.
    Options:
    1: Fight Sheogorath's Special friend
    2: Pull another lever
    1: You fight a monster named Free Will.
    2: You have to pull another lever.
    Confront the Mayor
    *Note: I ran through this quest twice. One time time I had these choices, the other time I didn't and had to fight. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I think it's the conversation you have with Daraneth when you first talk about the mayor. The first time I chose the first option about trying to find another way or something, the second time I agreed that I'll kill the mayor. Maybe that locks you into that choice.
    1: Kill the Mayor
    2: Convince Sheogorath to take the Mayor to the Shivering Isles to live.
    1: You fight the Mayor and kill him
    2: You talk to Sheogorath and persuade him to take the mayor to live in the Shivering Isles forever.
    Edited by Runefell on February 13, 2015 1:16AM

• Maialun
    Maialun
    ✭✭
    Zone: The Rift, Fullhelm Fort
    Quest: The Thunder Breaks
    Options:
    1. Save the Thane.
    2. Chase after the Housecarl.
    Results:
    2. You kill the Housecarl. The old Thane dies. Hallfrida becomes Thane.
    Reward: Bonebane, Shard of Wuuthrad
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    @Runefell‌ @Sylenne‌ @Maialun‌

Thanks all, I'll try to update this weekend (my 1.6 list of abilities / class balance thread is taking up my freetime).

That said, I'm not sure where devs are going to place the threads for this section for the new forum structure. I think the best place for this thread will be the Player Guides section?

@ZOS_AlanG‌ can you make sure we don't lose this thread and all the work?
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Atarax wrote: »
    No threads are being removed, although some may be re-arranged (including everything in this forum). If you have trouble finding a thread after the re-structure, you can always check the "Participated" menu item to see your recent activity.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Trouble at the Rain Catchers
    Zone: Alik'r
    Options:
    1. Jahi owns rain catchers
    2. Almur owns rain catchers
    1. Jahi takes ownership and accepts her duty, and pledges to mend her family. The brother and wife will stay, but she says she's going to sell the johads. (previous post)
    2. Alnur takes ownership, and immediately decides to sell the johads and move everyone (both wife and sister) to the city, hoping to repair relations with his sister. Jahi seems happy about this, saying "It's best this way."
    Edited by Sylenne on February 21, 2015 1:58PM
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Atarax wrote: »
    No threads are being removed, although some may be re-arranged (including everything in this forum). If you have trouble finding a thread after the re-structure, you can always check the "Participated" menu item to see your recent activity.

Thanks Alan, would it be possible to move this to the Player Guides section? Seems to fit better there, and the general section will bury it as we only update every so often. By the way, I like the new forums, much easier getting around on mobile.

Speaking of updates, RL happened so I'll try to add in the updated quests next weekend.

50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see someone took up the mantle and ran with it! Thanks much Atarax!

I had every intention of keeping the Daggerfall one going after my sub ran out, but unfortunately at the time no sub meant no forum access. :/
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Gone Missing
    Zone: Alik'r
    Options
    1. No. I'm turning you in.
    2. Yes. I will keep your secret.
    1. Sulma says she'll turn herself in, but she's angry at you, saying "You've doomed Bergama."
    2. ???
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Past Due
    Options:
    1. That's right. I've come to collect your debt.
    2. I'm here to give you this note actually, the man you owed is dead.
    1. ???
    2. Joroh at-Nazdar is very relieved. Note that he gives you 133gp reward (non-vet) even though you forgave the debt!
  • shaun.krandeloy_ESO
    shaun.krandeloy_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Quest: Falinesti Faithful
    Options:
    1. Tell Fenral that she's on her own
    2. Help Fenral take revenge on the orcs
    ???1. Refuse to help Fenral and she tells you to speak with Egannor about your decision and the mutilated bodies of her companions. She will go exact her revenge herself. Egannor wanted to help Fenral, but does not expect her to return or succeed. However he respects your choice to keep your hands clean.
    2. She has you kill the orc chief's son and wives, then mount their heads on pikes and use a dark ritual to send their souls to the 'Ooze', the Green Pact's hell, while the chief watches in horror, before you kill him. Ever see a grown orc cry?
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: The Real Snake
    Options:
    1. No. You must face justice.
    2. Go. And never come back.
    1. ???
    2. Fadeel is very grateful, and promises to never help feed man-eating snakes again. He runs off, leaving a last letter from Mirudda demanding "fresh meat" for her snake.
  • Sylenne
    Sylenne
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Imperial Incursion
    Options:
    1. You can go, but don't ever come back.
    2. No. You betrayed the Covenant. You die.
    1. Magnifico Korshad runs off without another word.
    2. ???
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not do all quests they are fun.
    Edited by maryriv on March 29, 2015 9:59PM
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed to get the other half of the Stone Cold quest.

Quest: Stone Cold
    Options:
    1. Tell the Bosmer to find a new home
    2. Kill the Hollow Watchman
    1. The Bosmer get ticked off, and you have to kill them all. The Watchman then meets you outside and thanks you for protecting the Valewood.
    2. You have to travel through a long cave, and at the end fight the Hollow Watchman boss. The bosmer thank you for your help, and admit that they're a little worried now about harming the Valenwood, so they're going to petition the Wilderking as soon as possible to get his blessing and aid.

This discussion has been closed.