The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Its not enjoyable at all anymore.

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Used to be somewhat even. But now its as if EP is literally steamrolling every campaign now..

They are controlling Thorn, Even controlling Haderus.

Any encounter against them is nothing but a complete *** over because 90% of them are Batswarm DKs Spamming scales 99% of the time (they do sometimes drop it... but rarely) and almost always a zerg of them doing it all at once that the other factions have no real chance against.

there is no point in paying for a game when all you are doing is getting your ass handed too anymore.

I would say "but there is still PvE" but sadly its begun to affect that as well..

im stayingish untill 1.6... if no improvement from that i have had enough. ZOS is doing nothing to fix these issues.
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah the lagswarming pulse chimp moves really sucks all the fun out of pvp. Skills don't work, can't use door, etc etc. ZOS really needs to punish pulse/swarm spamming.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scales is going to be a lot less effective against dive bombing in 1.6, but it will still probably own in small scale stuff.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a real chance, its called NOT fighting them head on.

Before I come commit to defending a keep, I survey the situation, how many defenders vs how many attackers.

If they break the outter wall and are swarming in and we are vastly outnumbered, I don't run to the inner, I vanish and escape all together leave. Its always better to live to fight another day then to die. If you don't get killed that = no ap gained from your death. You can regain the keep later.

Furthermore, when EP has these huge zergs at a keep attacking, they hardly have any defenses behind them so instead of defending attack a keep behind them. They will take ours, we will take theirs. They will come back for theirs and we take ours back, rinse and repeat a game of annoying them.

I'm just one solo person, folks don't lists to me, I don't expect them too. I have read The Art of War, I have read Irwin Rommells Infantry Attacks, you have to use superior tactics when outnumbered. You have to play a game of choices, the more choices your adversary is presented with, the greater the odds he makes the wrong one.

This is the principle of how these tactics work. Next time a huge EP zerg attacks one of our keeps, the rest of the DC pop just needs to go behind them and attack one of theirs, either they divert resources to defend behind them or we trade keeps, either way is a win and will annoy them, they wont stop these huge groups until DC gives them a reason to commit considerable forces to defend their rear positions, once we do that, the zergs get smaller.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    If they break the outter wall and are swarming in and we are vastly outnumbered, I don't run to the inner, I vanish and escape all together leave.

A handful of people can easy wipe their whole group on the inner though...
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad news, Operation [snip] AD is officially over. :disappointed:

Good news, Operation[snip] EP has officially started. :heart_eyes: +

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on December 29, 2014 2:18AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well let's get AD and DC to cooperate to make it so!
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Bad news, Operation[snip] AD is officially over. :disappointed:

Good news, Operation [snip] EP has officially started. :heart_eyes:

But how is this good news? :(

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on December 29, 2014 2:18AM
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasnt aware DK's on EP side were able to drop negates too. If thats the case then please ZOS nerf EP.

Thats insane that DK's on EP side get negates and we on DC do not.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need some support . What faction are You playing ? Make smaller goals for your group until the map allows a better opportunity . This isn't a attempt to dismiss your frustration . Believe it I get that part .
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before I come commit to defending a keep, I survey the situation, how many defenders vs how many attackers.

If they break the outter wall and are swarming in and we are vastly outnumbered, I don't run to the inner, I vanish and escape all together leave. Its always better to live to fight another day then to die. If you don't get killed that = no ap gained from your death. You can regain the keep later.

Furthermore, when EP has these huge zergs at a keep attacking, they hardly have any defenses behind them so instead of defending attack a keep behind them. They will take ours, we will take theirs. They will come back for theirs and we take ours back, rinse and repeat a game of annoying them.

I'm just one solo person, folks don't lists to me, I don't expect them too. I have read The Art of War, I have read Irwin Rommells Infantry Attacks, you have to use superior tactics when outnumbered. You have to play a game of choices, the more choices your adversary is presented with, the greater the odds he makes the wrong one.

This is the principle of how these tactics work. Next time a huge EP zerg attacks one of our keeps, the rest of the DC pop just needs to go behind them and attack one of theirs, either they divert resources to defend behind them or we trade keeps, either way is a win and will annoy them, they wont stop these huge groups until DC gives them a reason to commit considerable forces to defend their rear positions, once we do that, the zergs get smaller.

all this literally doesnt matter when your faction has no organization to begin with..

AD is full of people who dont know how to, and actually dont WANT to actually get tactical.

today on Haderus, we out numbered that one zerg with at least 5/1 but they had no problems controlling the map, the few people in group had no idea what they were doing and 50% refused to do anything crown was saying..

AD has no PvP guilds really anymore.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

all this literally doesnt matter when your faction has no organization to begin with..

AD is full of people who dont know how to, and actually dont WANT to actually get tactical.

today on Haderus, we out numbered that one zerg with at least 5/1 but they had no problems controlling the map, the few people in group had no idea what they were doing and 50% refused to do anything crown was saying..

I think i may have been part of that EP zerg you are reffering to.

Dont let it discourage you. The fact i have seen so many new faces is a good thing it means PvP is growing.

Embrace and teach what we refer to as greenies and grow as a guild/faction on haderus.

We have played together on haderus for months... most of the time vastly outnumbered.... sometimes very frustrated. We kept at it practiced fighting outnumbered (not by choice) and got better.

You guys improved and adapted i watched as your tactics got better. It wont happen over night but keep at it
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know if your talking about what happened at Black Boot on Haderus or not, but if so, yes EP was vastly outnumbered there. However, you just kept running into the inner one or five at a time and we just killed you all as you came up the stairs. As your number thinned out, we pushed out and repaired. We did that twice, then you all gave up it seemed.

I pulled my raid out of Black Boot and wouldn't allow them to gate camp you; I know what's it like to have 20 AD and an AD Emperor behind the gates for no reason, not going to do that to AD. Even though, I know later this week I'll have a new AD Emperor behind the gates of Chim/Ghartok.

Its fun to play the underdog; enjoy it while you can! :D

Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Don't know if your talking about what happened at Black Boot on Haderus or not, but if so, yes EP was vastly outnumbered there. However, you just kept running into the inner one or five at a time and we just killed you all as you came up the stairs. As your number thinned out, we pushed out and repaired. We did that twice, then you all gave up it seemed.

I pulled my raid out of Black Boot and wouldn't allow them to gate camp you; I know what's it like to have 20 AD and an AD Emperor behind the gates for no reason, not going to do that to AD. Even though, I know later this week I'll have a new AD Emperor behind the gates of Chim/Ghartok.

Jesus and i went to work to miss this... i assumed he was talking about earlier on. Sounds like you guys had a great day.

DAM YOU WORK
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

Jesus and i went to work to miss this... i assumed he was talking about earlier on. Sounds like you guys had a great day.

DAM YOU WORK

You missed Benom soloing like 15 AD. I think Benom is in the running for best DK NA!

Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

DAM YOU WORK

You missed Benom soloing like 15 AD. I think Benom is in the running for best DK NA!

He is a beast!!! Oh how i wish i was there :(

Ata boy spudnik!!!
    Edited by Galalin on December 29, 2014 1:27AM
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP only 'steamrolls' Thorn because Smurfs and Bananas have stopped putting up resistance at night over the last month or so. It used to be fairly balanced 3 way pvp that would persist from midnight to 6am pst. Now all the smurfs seem to go to sleep w/o NM, and the Aussie bananas are no longer in season.

Before you start QQing about rerolls, the only group that did that was Havoc, and during these late night times there usually aren't more than 5-8 of us on.

When other factions stop logging in because their big guilds are taking a break/QQing/whatever it is they're doing, is EP supposed to just stop playing the game and RP at our gates? We go where we can to try and find fights.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    EP only 'steamrolls' Thorn because Smurfs and Bananas have stopped putting up resistance at night over the last month or so. It used to be fairly balanced 3 way pvp that would persist from midnight to 6am pst. Now all the smurfs seem to go to sleep w/o NM, and the Aussie bananas are no longer in season.

Before you start QQing about rerolls, the only group that did that was Havoc, and during these late night times there usually aren't more than 5-8 of us on.

When other factions stop logging in because their big guilds are taking a break/QQing/whatever it is they're doing, is EP supposed to just stop playing the game and RP at our gates? We go where we can to try and find fights.

Yes You should stand down N RolePlay till others wake up .
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But spreading the gospel of Dee Tick requires action, not mere words.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pulse monkey spamming to lag the fights out also tends to drive players from th game.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "pulse monkey spamming" as you called it in your last 37 hate posts is one of the best strategy to be successful in group play. if you don't like group play, go play a single player game, join a duelist guild or wait for arena, battlegrounds.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    "pulse monkey spamming" as you called it in your last 37 hate posts is one of the best strategy to be successful in group play. if you don't like group play, go play a single player game, join a duelist guild or wait for arena, battlegrounds.

iKb5v0.gif
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your talking about us native EP on haderus. I can't think of a single impulse vamp in our guild. Not a single one... and if i did miss one.... im sorry
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah intentionally lagging out the server is pretty skillful, lol. No Galalin, not referring to your guild on Haderus. I've seen many skillful groups avoid the chimp spam playstyle and do very well. Not the best strategy but the laggiest.

Edited by Columba on December 29, 2014 2:17AM
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Columba wrote: »

yeah intentionally lagging out the server is pretty skillful, lol. No Galalin, not referring to your guild on Haderus. I've seen many skillful groups avoid the chimp spam playstyle and do very well. Not the best strategy but the laggiest.

People who spam aoes to intentionally lag the server is a minority and not part of the people I associate with. I deal aoe damage when I have more than 2 players around me and I think it is a question of common sense and pure logic.

Now if Zenimax hasn't figured out how to get great performances with people dealing aoe damage, it should not be the responsibility and the fault of any player.

They gave us the skills to use, I'm not gonna stop using it until performances get better while I get wrecked by other players using it meanwhile. Your call!

PS: My guild doesn't play on Haderus. We have been playing in most populated campaigns since the beginning (Wabbajack and now Thornblade).
    Edited by frozywozy on December 29, 2014 2:30AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed organization among the alliance is hard.

I will say it seems DC never retreats, I have an ego, we all do but sometimes its wise to give up a keep and withdraw until we can Marshall more numbers. There is no shame in retreating, sometimes its smart thing to do. As long as they don't kill you that's as good as you getting a kill. Not all contributions show up on the score sheet.

What good are personal accomplishments she we lose the campaign? I'd rather die 5 million times and win the campaign then have tons of AP and such yet lose the campaign. Just my 2 cents.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if you must chimp it up, feel free, lol. others deride that kind of playstyle. Pulse chimp spamming isn't the best strategy unless you enjoy lagging the server out. Your call!
    Edited by Columba on December 29, 2014 3:07AM
    Options
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im DK EP Vamp that does batswarm's and reflect because its how I play....and I also do talons and lava whip and will continue too.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    well if you must chimp it up, feel free, lol. others deride that kind of playstyle. Pulse chimp spamming isn't the best strategy unless you enjoy lagging the server out. Your call!

This just cracks me up everytime ...

Awesome post .

It's the best strategy if You don't know any other group strategies . I see the Bridge Bandits go out N be effective without impulse spam groups . I see 6 Man keep burst groups go out N be effective without lagging the server . Lastly I see many guilds get into keeps and take them without having to form a pulse train . It's not the "Best" strategy , it's just the one that several have come to rely on .

Someone posted earlier if you're outnumbered , retreat . Hell yeah . Those pulse monkey groups are relying on you to rush them so they can farm that AP . By all means , Dip / Bugout . Don't give away your AP .
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, great game that allows a strategy to shut down everyone else's machines. such skillful exploits.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are multiple strategies to be able to take a keep or control a bridge or whatever the goal you have when you play in Cyrodiil.

If you wanna play with 6 players and do your thing, I totally respect your decision, you play the way you see it fit.

I personally enjoy more to fill a full raid and give a specific role to everyone in the group while focusing on large scale objectives.

I am not complaining if you wanna sneak attack with your bow and drop people down from stealth. Me? I like to train another 25men organized guild and fight them dealing aoe damage. I'm not doing it to lag the server, but to be competitive in raid VS raid.

So until they give us more option than using impulse, walls, steel tornado and siege weapons to destroy an enemy group, I'm gonna stick to it. It is already more than enough for me to have fun.

Edited by frozywozy on December 29, 2014 3:37AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug