The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Its not enjoyable at all anymore.

• Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Anddd.. after the PvDoor capping the rest of EP get to roll in the blessing of might Dee Tick for the rest of the day. :/
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB competent enemy pvper's who can theory craft ideas/strategies and implement them against us in game rather than moan and cry on the forums.

Btw Happy New Years!
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    WTB competent enemy pvper's who can theory craft ideas/strategies and implement them against us in game rather than moan and cry on the forums.

Btw Happy New Years!

It's not New Years yet ... It's my very merry unbirthday . N once again , no one sent this one a card :persevere:
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    EP is not controlling haderus. The pathetic AD players that wait until EP logs off then proceeds to re-cap everything and camp the gates are the ones controlling haderus.

Oh you mean like EP does on Thornblade ? Pathetic is a good word .

indeed
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »

Btw Happy New Years!

WTB enemies that don't have to lagsploit to win. Your tactics are only superior in that you prevent others from playing at all. It's laughable that you regard that as skilled.

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nine months into the game and people still have trouble with the fact that the game goes on 24/7.

Nine months into the game and people still think it's just a single faction doing X or Y.

Yeah, smart folks!
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same group that left AD an now infests EP. The proof is that fights vs AD zergs are now lag free. Anytime that certain EP lagsploit group shows up, the game freezes. Superior tactics! Lol. I don't care about night capping. Have at it.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just going to throw this out there:

You can port to people in PvP if the faction is below the cap. If DC is hurting, log on to a DC alt (or roll one) and lend a hand. Same for other factions. A one sided fight is no fun for anyone.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gorrashatan that's a great idea. Should be implemented...a few more ideas:

Put wayshrines on the map outside keeps that can be claimed by being repaired and lost by being destroyed and put seige equipment that allows you to build installations (eg small outposts/fortresses)

Add portable wayshrines that are super expensive

Allow range attacks and spells from horses

Fix bolt escape so that it operates on a 3 dimensional plain.

Bring back forward camps with the respawn only in range limitation (hopefully this isn't just rumour and is actually going to happen)

....I don't know why keeps have to be these impenetrable things or that the rest of cyrodiil should continue to remain valueless. The individual combat is amazing in this game but the large scale tactical level is insanely repetitive.

Edit; would help against lag chimps too, more tactical obstacles would force them to play a little more spread out.
    Edited by Cathexis on December 29, 2014 6:39PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I know you can't do a one to one comparison, I have gained some ideas for this PvP from the other large scale combat game I play. Planetside 2 has several continents but what I find most interesting and applicable to this game is the structure of the facilities that people fight over. There are key facilities on the map which control the best map bonuses, then a second tier with secondary bonuses, and then third tier of buildings that provide map control or other tactical advantages.

This is the sort of thing I would love to see applied in Cyrodiil. Reduce the total number of primary keeps to three, one for each faction. The outposts work well enough in their role so we need a building that is between the size of the primary keeps and the outposts. It would also be nice to see a fourth tier of building which are smaller fortifications such as the imperial gates, bridges, etc.

Once you have repopulated the map with more buildings to hold (each providing various bonuses such as reduced siege cost, respawn points, etc) add additional transitus lines to provide some free form movement from base to base. If you're being hit with heavy resistance at one outpost provide a line that the enemy can try and use instead. Not every facility has to have multiple transitus lines just some to spread the combat out.

Lastly, I would like to see some sort of condition that requires factions to actually hold a keep in order to take the next one along. This could also be varied by making that a condition only on the primary keep for each faction and their two supporting keeps back at each factions main gate.

Then we need to have a dedicated command chat that costs a skill point to use or a high AP cost which highlights command chat in a different color. (more people would probably be interested in following commands if they could actually see them consistently instead of all the garbage and trolling that scrolls through. Most don't want to spend their precious gametime ignoring every fool in zone chat so they just stop checking it. I'm aware that command chat will still get trolled, but for people to spend a skill point (or more on balance, or could even use champion points.) it will create a slight barrier of entry that will filter some of the people out.

I'm not a game designer, but this system has worked quite well for a couple years. Each facility is designed differently encouraging different tactics, and some of the best facilities are designed such that there are multiple strategies that work. I've seen some of those behaviors in ESO but not nearly to the degree I would like. Aside from some basic structure being slightly rotated, it would be nice if each keep was designed as genuine keeps were built. Create a variety of terrain and rebuild the keeps to fit so a fight at chalman feels different than a fight at bloodmayne, etc etc. I would also like to see consumable temporary fortifications which can provide mini-keeps out in the open areas to actually create solid front lines.

This game has such potential, and when the PvP is working it is a thing to behold, but that is not often the case and that lack of reliability is what makes it so unpleasant to keep slogging through the rough fights.

tl;dr
    Fix stuff, make stuff different, add stuff. stuff stuff stuff.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    Lastly, I would like to see some sort of condition that requires factions to actually hold a keep in order to take the next one along. This could also be varied by making that a condition only on the primary keep for each faction and their two supporting keeps back at each factions main gate.

I like every single one of your ideas except the one I linked in the paragraph above. You have a good sense of creativity and I hope that your ideas will be taken into consideration.

The thing I dislike about having a condition that requires to hold a keep in order to take the ones further in the enemy territory is.. If an entire faction stacks into one keep, it is almost impossible to take it. It is a must sometimes to go deep in enemy territory and try to spread out troups to capture the next keep in line of the transit.

Another thing, if we actually deny people from capping keeps further in enemy territory, it will encourage even more the zerg corridors.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »
    Im DK EP Vamp that does batswarm's and reflect because its how I play....and I also do talons and lava whip and will continue too.

This basically sums up why this particular "synergy" needs to be reassessed and modified for balance vs other class capabilities. DKs will continue to do it as long as it's easiest, cheapest, and requires least thought or consequence. It's stupid, Zeni. Needs more than the proposed, laughable change to scales.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    Im DK EP Vamp that does batswarm's and reflect because its how I play....and I also do talons and lava whip and will continue too.

This basically sums up why this particular "synergy" needs to be reassessed and modified for balance vs other class capabilities. DKs will continue to do it as long as it's easiest, cheapest, and requires least thought or consequence. It's stupid, Zeni. Needs more than the proposed, laughable change to scales.

The real imbalance in the combination is the ability to be resilient while wearing Light Armor. The entire build crumbles without the sustainability + damage boosts that Light Armor gives them.

If LA loses the majority of its durability (regardless of Sword/Board being equipped) during 1.6, that will be a major, positive direction of game balance. Light Armor should suck for damage mitigation or durability in any form. Why? because of all the other amazing things it gives you for Magicka sustainability, Spell Resist Penetration, and Crit Rate.

Once they have to wear HA to be tanky (or MA to be dodgy), then suddenly this build ceases to be viable.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know why LA is still so tanky. I have always been a cloth wearing healing and mitigation always came from the ability to use shields/LOS to keep yourself out of trouble, not the actual armor itself.

Wearing cloth was supposed to paint a big red X on you.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh guess a lot missed the fact a lot of old ad are playing on their ep alts now, ep asked for help and they got it lol.

Wasn't there a thread about it at some point.
    Edited by RedTalon on December 29, 2014 10:04PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    I dont know why LA is still so tanky. I have always been a cloth wearing healing and mitigation always came from the ability to use shields/LOS to keep yourself out of trouble, not the actual armor itself.

Wearing cloth was supposed to paint a big red X on you.

Well, not being able to even approach the new capped Damage Resist % from armor in 1.6 is a good step in the right direction. They should really take the 'reduced block cost' out of the S/B line and move that into the Heavy Armor line on top of the current HA block cost reduction, making blocking and being a brick HA's "thing" that it does.

This makes it so blocking with a shield while in cloth is pointless. Maybe you'll block more, but you'll run out of stamina just as fast and be just as dead.

LA should be squishy. There is no good argument I've seen for why it currently isn't -- especially when synergizing with sustain skills from the NB, DK, and Templar class skills.

The reason why many Sorcs feel underpowered is they can't build towards or even approach the same 'tanky' zerg bombing builds that the other three classes can.

But with minimum 5 pc of LA, I can make a DK like Sypher, a Templar like Braidas, or a NB like krim (not saying as good as any of them, just modeled after their builds) and crank up the AP machine and laugh my way through hordes of noobs and farm them.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we havent been able to field any real numbers to farm I have just gone full braidas and its hilarious. A guy we have been running with lately asked how we stayed alive so long, and its just so ridiculously easy, I imagine it is for the other classes as well.

ps: give me a more viable temp pvp ult ty
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    Since we havent been able to field any real numbers to farm I have just gone full braidas and its hilarious. A guy we have been running with lately asked how we stayed alive so long, and its just so ridiculously easy, I imagine it is for the other classes as well.

ps: give me a more viable temp pvp ult ty

The next best option would be to remove 'block casting' from the game. Make it so only a select few skills (mostly those important to tanking like taunts) and self buffs like Green Dragon's Blood or Siphoning Strikes can be cast while blocking. Anything offensive (again, except for taunts), should come at the cost of lowering your defenses.

You'd need to make Immovable a '5 pc Heavy req'd' skill to get that to truly work, but that would kill the LA tank dead as a doornail. Especially in PvP.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on December 29, 2014 10:13PM
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    MrGhosty wrote: »

I like every single one of your ideas except the one I linked in the paragraph above. You have a good sense of creativity and I hope that your ideas will be taken into consideration.

The thing I dislike about having a condition that requires to hold a keep in order to take the ones further in the enemy territory is.. If an entire faction stacks into one keep, it is almost impossible to take it. It is a must sometimes to go deep in enemy territory and try to spread out troups to capture the next keep in line of the transit.

Another thing, if we actually deny people from capping keeps further in enemy territory, it will encourage even more the zerg corridors.

The last one is a bit tenuous and to work properly and avoid the zerg corridors you mentioned it would hinge on multiple attack lines to mitigate some of that. It certainly isn't a deal breaker, I'm mostly just interested in having cool places to fight beyond field or keep with only a few key places really holding much diversity. I would personally love to see a base that was on a bridge with some neat narrow access routes to bypass the two primary entry points but that's just my personal opinion.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

Don't think that scale nerf isn't doing anything against DK's much more then making me spam it more (Just going to get reduce cost rings for magic) its a weak response to a problem-ed system as a whole. I could complain about snipe being crazy or sorcs blink being used to much, But im not. Sorry if I facerolled you in PvP and used a ability that's in the game (talons).
    Oh and one last thing DK's talons have been to the chopping board before, if it take anymore hits its going to be pure Elder Bows/Staffs Online. So at least leave one Gap closer of the DK's alone.
    Edited by sirston on December 30, 2014 6:18AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah well snipe and sorc blink don't lag the crap out of fights.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another ruined evening of pvp due to the lagsploiters on ep. bunch of pathetic exploiters. eso, your game sucks due to your unwillingness to discipline these exploiting losers. It was so much more enjoyable fighting AD who doesn't need to lagsploit.
    Edited by Columba on December 30, 2014 8:16AM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Reflective scales lag the server according to you?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Reflective scales lag the server according to you?

Not at all. Pulse monkey spam, healing springs do.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    another ruined evening of pvp due to the lagsploiters on ep. bunch of pathetic exploiters. eso, your game sucks due to your unwillingness to discipline these exploiting losers. It was so much more enjoyable fighting AD who doesn't need to lagsploit.
    Stop accusing people of exploiting while all they do is play ESO the way it's been advertised. Large scale PvP, remember?

Try playing on a non-overloaded campaign if it bothers you so much.

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey if you like to chimp it up, feel free, lol. Plenty of large groups zerg without impulse monkey spamming to intentionally lag the server out.
    Edited by Columba on December 30, 2014 9:26AM
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    PVP needs to be fun on both sides of the keyboard, if one side is always getting pounded and players are not having fun, guess what happens after awhile, people stop logging in

This is the most important sentence in this thread.

Unfortunately ZOS listened to the few autistic ppl spamming posts all over the place. But the majority is silent. So a game which was advertised as casual friendly became a group forcing game.

There are not more aoe spamming trains. Theres simply nothing else left. The game is more or less casual free.

If an engine is designed in a way that the majority of ppl dont get any reward ppl will leave. Most ppl running in trains or using 1vX builds in small scale. Dont forget: if you "farm" so much ap there's somebody who is paying the price on the other side of the screen. For them its not fun and even if you consider them as worthless they need any kind of reward or they leave what actually happened step by step with each patch.

Well ZoS could fill it up with bots :smiley: Most of the ppl wouldnt even recognize it as long as they get their ap and kill quotes.

Edited by Mauz on December 30, 2014 9:47AM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    PVP needs to be fun on both sides of the keyboard, if one side is always getting pounded and players are not having fun, guess what happens after awhile, people stop logging in

This is the most important sentence in this thread.

Unfortunately ZOS listened to the few autistic ppl spamming posts all over the place. But the majority is silent. So a game which was advertised as casual friendly became a group forcing game.

There are not more aoe spamming trains. Theres simply nothing else left. The game is more or less casual free.

If an engine is designed in a way that the majority of ppl dont get any reward ppl will leave. Most ppl running in trains or using 1vX builds in small scale. Dont forget: if you "farm" so much ap there's somebody who is paying the price on the other side of the screen. For them its not fun and even if you consider them as worthless they need any kind of reward or they leave what actually happened step by step with each patch.

Well ZoS could fill it up with bots :smiley: Most of the ppl wouldnt even recognize it as long as they get their ap and kill quotes.

You know, when I see populations not balanced, I do care for factions being out numbered because for some people, it is the end of the world. I personally saw it as a challenge when EP was out numbered by AD but this is another story.

But if your group gets constantly destroyed by another group with equal numbers, then it is a lack of skills and knowledges of the game. I'm not saying that I'm better than you, talking in general here. If you think you lack something in your build or in your rotation to be competitive, go get it, do some researches and for the love of god, join an organized group using TS. If there's none running ? Make one yourself. If you truly care for your faction and for the health of the game, you should do the efforts to make it better.

Edited by frozywozy on December 30, 2014 2:22PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be somewhat even. But now its as if EP is literally steamrolling every campaign now..

They are controlling Thorn, Even controlling Haderus.

Any encounter against them is nothing but a complete *** over because 90% of them are Batswarm DKs Spamming scales 99% of the time (they do sometimes drop it... but rarely) and almost always a zerg of them doing it all at once that the other factions have no real chance against.

there is no point in paying for a game when all you are doing is getting your ass handed too anymore.

I would say "but there is still PvE" but sadly its begun to affect that as well..

im stayingish untill 1.6... if no improvement from that i have had enough. ZOS is doing nothing to fix these issues.

LOL sooooo lemme get this straight

your quitting the game because your cant beat a certain specific type of player who runs a specific type of build and are angry because of two very specific skills in the game and batswarm (just so you know isnt spammable its an ulti) so i question your actual ability to comprehend whats actually going on in the game because you think an ENTIRE faction is running the very specific build in which your are angry about i mean LMFAO

get better get organized and get better

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on December 30, 2014 8:57PM
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be somewhat even. But now its as if EP is literally steamrolling every campaign now..

They are controlling Thorn, Even controlling Haderus.

Any encounter against them is nothing but a complete *** over because 90% of them are Batswarm DKs Spamming scales 99% of the time (they do sometimes drop it... but rarely) and almost always a zerg of them doing it all at once that the other factions have no real chance against.

there is no point in paying for a game when all you are doing is getting your ass handed too anymore.

I would say "but there is still PvE" but sadly its begun to affect that as well..

im stayingish untill 1.6... if no improvement from that i have had enough. ZOS is doing nothing to fix these issues.

Mmmmmm <3 AD tears :)