Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REFLECTIVE SCALES NEEDS NERF

• NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just buff everything else and increase the drop rate of weapons that have the unavoidable damage buff.
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Columba wrote: »
    I'd just like to know how long reflect can be held up. I can block all their reflects, but I'd like to know when to pour on the dps. Btw, impale isn't reflected. While they are reflecting I can impale them to about half then stealth and repeat.

It depends on their magic regen, on my DK I can have reflect up for literally hours. Magic regen is so high it only costs about 10 next time I cast it.

On the other hand, I'm not a LA magicka build so I usually have to drink a tripot to cast more than 3 in a row.

Again this returns to light armor being the real issue, scales on MA/HA DKs is not unfair.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit the death recap with:
    *IF YOU SEE BIG WINGS, DONT SHOOT PROJECTILES!!!!!!!!!!"

If the 10 people the dk killed would haved a heavy attack an spread out a bit the dk woild dead in less than 3 seconds.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaerlach wrote: »
    I'd just like to know how long reflect can be held up. I can block all their reflects, but I'd like to know when to pour on the dps. Btw, impale isn't reflected. While they are reflecting I can impale them to about half then stealth and repeat.

It depends on their magic regen, on my DK I can have reflect up for literally hours. Magic regen is so high it only costs about 10 next time I cast it.

On the other hand, I'm not a LA magicka build so I usually have to drink a tripot to cast more than 3 in a row.

My NB is not a LA magicka build either, and i have 1800 magicka (along with 2500+ stamina, and ~3200 HP)

If i had reflect, i could cast it 5 times in a row without a potion.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

To deny that DK is that easy to play is just absurd. I stopped playing my DK because I got sick of people saying I am just doing FoTW. Which in fact I was doing an entirely different build than what people are using and it was literally stand there easy. Still is. Do I think DK need some more adjustments? Oh yea. When one DK can jump up on a keep where there are EASILY 30 people healing, sieging, and attacking the people knocking on the keeps wall, and lands there and does not die with everyone attacking him....yea something is wrong lol

So out of 30 people there were no DKs that could "easy mode face roll" this other DK? Interesting. You should roll a DK and try to dragon leap into a group of Alacrity or No Mercy. I think it would change your opinion of those 30 players.

30 people could not kill a DK? Yeah, there really is something wrong and it is not the DK. It only takes 1 person to kill a DK, not 30. There is no excuse for 30 people not being able to kill a DK. None.
    Edited by Armitas on December 4, 2014 12:18PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • GhostShadows
    GhostShadows
    ✭✭✭
    try fight a DK in WW form is prety easy beat him and is realy fun
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

My NB is not a LA magicka build either, and i have 1800 magicka (along with 2500+ stamina, and ~3200 HP)

Sure, if it was the only Magicka skill you were casting, but green dragon blood and talons cost magicka, too.

Its not like this spell is the only thing using this resource when a DK is in combat, be realistic.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Sure, if it was the only Magicka skill you were casting, but green dragon blood and talons cost magicka, too.

Its not like this spell is the only thing using this resource when a DK is in combat, be realistic.

According to the forum are spells cost 19 magic
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just popping in to let you know that we do have plans to adjust Reflective Scales in Update 6. Currently, you can reflect an infinite number of projectiles per cast; we will be setting a maximum number of projectiles that the ability can reflect per cast, the maximum being four. We look forward to hearing your feedback on this once it's available to test on the PTS.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a
    Hi all, just popping in to let you know that we do have plans to adjust Reflective Scales in Update 6. Currently, you can reflect an infinite number of projectiles per cast; we will be setting a maximum number of projectiles that the ability can reflect per cast, the maximum being four. We look forward to hearing your feedback on this once it's available to test on the PTS.

inb4 DK tears
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update Gina. I might not personally agree with the change, but thanks for the heads up anyway.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭

Well played cater to the complainers
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two immediate reactions:

1.) PVE - Meh

2.) AvA - ONLY FOUR? At least six so you encourage zerg balls at the same rate as your other skills.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow is not the same as a melee attack.

Are you serious? Like, litteraly serious? wow.
    :]
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the flood commence.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, assuming the nerf was already planned... the timing of your comm is not working in your favor, implies you're catering to the whiners. Same as with nerf of Night Silence stealth stacking with vamp. Nerfs should be proactive and with context on why, before the worlds longest thread requesting them.
    Edited by Sacadon on December 4, 2014 3:56PM
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No words....again you succumb to the cries for nerf. Rediculous.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you please delete my DK and give all its skillpoints and its Alliance Rank to my Templar instead?

>320.000.000 AP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Guys, please remember that many of our abilities are getting reworked for Update 6, so please give this a try on the PTS once it's available to see how it feels with all the other changes. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bye dk
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe needs to be looked at ... i swear the lethal arrow debuff stacking is driving me crazy.
    Rip Banana Squad

and many other chars

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, please remember that many of our abilities are getting reworked for Update 6, so please give this a try on the PTS once it's available to see how it feels with all the other changes. Thanks!

This change makes no sense. Like DK´s haven´t goten hit enough already.
    :]
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 projectiles means 1 crushing shock + 1 light attack. Why should I even bother to waster 332 magicka on that?

>320.000.000 AP
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When are you fixing lethal arrow? There's nothing more i'd like to see than DK's about to experience the pain the rest of us feel, But PLEASE this need fixed immediately before you go nerfing stuff.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is the greatest news ever lol infinite reflection seems way to OP and it is. Any news on it reflecting stuff it should and stuff that makes no sense? Like meteor for example lol
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 projectiles is way too little for such an expensive spell.

P.S. I dont play dk. I play sorc.
    Rip Banana Squad

and many other chars

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing you got to ask is what if it had always been a max of 4 projectiles per cast, how would that have changed the way you approached combat compared to how you do now?

And if they said, "update 6, reflective scales now reflect an unlimited amount of projectiles per cast", you'd all be raising your eyebrows and thinking, wow, OP.
    Edited by pmn100b16_ESO on December 4, 2014 4:01PM
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I made my DK in headstart and leveled up, like an idiot, in heavy armor, eschewing the use of most magicka abilities. Since that time, I've learned about the power of our class based abilities, and as I grew to use them, I've seen nerf after nerf to the DK. If only I could go back in time and jump on the cloth wearing, claw spamming, standard dropping, bat clouding bandwagon and reap the glory of pre nerf DK!

If only! Oh well - the class is still decent.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »

I made my DK in headstart and leveled up, like an idiot, in heavy armor, eschewing the use of most magicka abilities. Since that time, I've learned about the power of our class based abilities, and as I grew to use them, I've seen nerf after nerf to the DK. If only I could go back in time and jump on the cloth wearing, claw spamming, standard dropping, bat clouding bandwagon and reap the glory of pre nerf DK!

If only! Oh well - the class is still decent.

still can......it hasnt changed much
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 projectiles is way too little for such an expensive spell.

P.S. I dont play dk. I play sorc.

then as a sorc you would know all about expensive spells with no pay out.......because I sure do and I play sorc