Known Issues for Update 4

• Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Monsoon wrote: »
    bunnytrix wrote: »

And are you people serious ? Fixed in 1.4.4 ? When does that drop ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ? This is absolutely unacceptable. You break the game (again) for a large portion of your player base, and can only "fix" it at some future unspecified date..so basically saying " deal with it til we can be bothered to fix it!" These issues need a hotfix. Zeni devs should be working round the clock trying to fix these issues, like many other mmo devs would be for their PAYING CUSTOMERS.

You need more fiber in your diet

Totally agree, fiber might help.
    But then, we might just get more crappy demands posted.
    Maybe all the people demanding a fix now, give Zeni some recommendation on what part of the code is broken or better yet, write it for them and send it in, seems to be a lot of "programmers" out there, but no one with a constructive solution, just a bunch of rage demands or I won't resub empty threats.

If they want work from me then they will need to pay my consultant fee. I don't touch source unless I'm paid to. Also, chances are it's a violation the CoC to modify the source in any way as well as the client doesn't hold all the code. :D A trip to MD would be fun though.

That's what they should do, fly in some of the coders in this forum that have a quick resolve to fix it "now" pay them for a day of work,(since by talk it shouldn't be more than that, based off the "now" demands) apply the fix, everyone is happy. (disclaimer: Not a programmer, just basing off of demands in the forum) :smile:
    OIIIIIIIO

Death is only the beginning
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And are you people serious ? Fixed in 1.4.4 ? When does that drop ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ? This is absolutely unacceptable. You break the game (again) for a large portion of your player base, and can only "fix" it at some future unspecified date..so basically saying " deal with it til we can be bothered to fix it!" These issues need a hotfix. Zeni devs should be working round the clock trying to fix these issues, like many other mmo devs would be for their PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Maybe all the people demanding a fix now, give Zeni some recommendation on what part of the code is broken or better yet, write it for them and send it in, seems to be a lot of "programmers" out there, but no one with a constructive solution, just a bunch of rage demands or I won't resub empty threats.

If they want work from me then they will need to pay my consultant fee. I don't touch source unless I'm paid to. Also, chances are it's a violation the CoC to modify the source in any way as well as the client doesn't hold all the code. :D A trip to MD would be fun though.

That's what they should do, fly in some of the coders in this forum that have a quick resolve to fix it "now" pay them for a day of work,(since by talk it shouldn't be more than that, based off the "now" demands) apply the fix, everyone is happy. (disclaimer: Not a programmer, just basing off of demands in the forum) :smile:

I think the point this view of 'coding is tough so you should never complain' misses, perhaps deliberately, is that no-one forced ZOS to release this patch without basic QA.

For example, they had a very high profile change being made to stealth bonuses stacking. Is it truly beyond the wit of man for a couple of devs to kit out a character in the changed items and test them for the minute it would take to reveal the break?

Then they could have fixed it, rolled those changes back or pressed ahead anyway but at least sticking something in the patch notes.

I am willing to bet we'd be happier with a week of delay and no breakage vs. meeting some arbitrary deadline at the risk of having the game have severe bugs in multiple areas.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when will patch 1.4.4 be deployed? i'm already a sorcerer level 20, i dont know if i will play my vr12nightblade never again
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incoming rant.

ZOS, please stop, and I beg you, please stop adding new broken content. Every patch makes the game bleed even more and quite frankly I don't know how much more I can take. Well, I am happy though that after 4 months, you finally managed to fix one of my skills - Reflective Scales. Good job.

Now, listen, please. You add new broken content every 6 weeks, then you spend 3 of those weeks trying to fix the things that you brought in with the new update. Then when half of the crap is fixed (and the other half remains broken) there'll be a new PTS up. And watch and behold, 3 weeks after that, you release more broken content. Best part about this is that some of the stuff you add, hasn't even been tested on the PTS.

WTF

This does not work...

It's a continues cycle of adding broken content, and then spent half of the time investigating and trying to fix the things you all broke.

Can you please get your crap together and actually work on trying to fix the game, instead of adding new content. I think me, and many other people would prefer bug fixes rather than grind new boring content every 6 weeks.

Nobody cares about the new level cap, in fact, I think most people hate it. You're raising the level cap every couple of months, it's annoying. In WoW for example, you would only get a new level cap once every 2 years.

The way ZOS handles their paying customers is quite shameful.

Lets face it guys, all of us have been Beta testing this game for the console version. In fact, we're still Beta testing.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on September 17, 2014 12:09PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well, looks like ZOS only cares about PvE carebear crap. Of course, all the dress-wearing and staff-wielding impulse spamming nobends that do Trials are all happy, because their *** gets hotfixed immediately.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭

If you aren't in IT, You obviously have no clue how the ITIL or Programming/QA process works.

Hell if you go back to the PTS you will notice updates 1.4 and 1.4.2 NOT 1.4.3, they didn't even TEST 1.4.3 (You know the one with all the Stealth and stealth gear "Improvements") in live. So tell me... Mr "Not a Programmer", how and in what way do you think these issues should be fixed?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 17, 2014 3:55PM
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rook75 wrote: »

If you aren't in IT, You obviously have no clue how the ITIL or Programming/QA process works.

Hell if you go back to the PTS you will notice updates 1.4 and 1.4.2 NOT 1.4.3, they didn't even TEST 1.4.3 (You know the one with all the Stealth and stealth gear "Improvements") in live. So tell me... Mr "Not a Programmer", how and in what way do you think these issues should be fixed?

10 bonus points for referencing ITIL :smiley:

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭

I am in IT but not a programmer as stated in my post, so since I don't know coding, please elaborate on how you would fix this since apparently you have all the answers, please describe in detail how you would correct the issue besides the common PTS answer and using internal QA testers.
    Also, please tell us how Service Management is applied within an organization and how it aligns with the ISO 20000.
    until then, please move to the back of the line and allow real programmers ( unlike me and apparently you ) to give valid suggestions.

OIIIIIIIO

Options
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you actually serious ZoS ....1.4.4 is NEXT WEEK. So in the middle of a 30 day campaign once again you manage to completely break a class and don't fix it for a WEEK??

Can you actually answer the question WHY the cloak fix was implemented without being put on the PTS to be tested??? Or will this be unanswered exactly the same as my previous questions to Brian Wheeler, Gina and Jessica about the AoE caps and the farcical situation with the blobs in cyrodiil?
    Perhaps its the plan to mess things up in other areas so that those posts sink into oblivion.

Its about time you looked at this promise of updates every 6 weeks and analyse whether you have the resources to keep it up because in my eyes you need to bite the bullet and FIX THE GAME before any new updates.
    Every single time you update you break more and TBH I don't even know why they're called updates because the majority of the patch notes consist of fixes not updated content.

Ahh well it will be November soon.

Options
  • MarRyb
    MarRyb
    ✭✭
    Standard of Might ability is causing major fps drops. It was happening during 1.3 but now is totally unplayable. Please have a look into this. Thank you
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :smile:

Hell if you go back to the PTS you will notice updates 1.4 and 1.4.2 NOT 1.4.3, they didn't even TEST 1.4.3

Specifically, they did not install 1.4.3 on the PTS server. That is not to say that they did not test it.

They call it PTS and the T does stand for Test, but the PTS is not, and should not be, part of the Quality Assurance program.

The forum does tend to go the hyperbole route and say that they never test anything. Some people might actually believe it. I think that most people know they test it and are just aware that they are not fixing defects before they release.

They have done a number of things wrong from a development process perspective, but I am willing to let them have their 6 months to get the kinks out of their release development and QA process. Six months is usually enough time to identify weak spots in their process and implement fixes.

They have made some blunders in Update 4, to be sure. I think they should have fixed many of them, but I know that at least one would have been a challenge to identify before it was rolled out. When I compare Update 3 to Update 4 I find that they have actually improved. They do need to be given credit for this.

I am hoping that they can get their act together for Update 5. It sounds like Update 5 is a Big Thing compared to Update 4. Update 3 was a Big Thing compared to Update 4. They really need to focus on finding and fixing the bugs before they drop 1.5.3 on the Live servers. They might want to consider placing customer reported problems from PTR at the top of the fix list. This will go a long way to building positive perceptions.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    until then, please move to the back of the line and allow real programmers ( unlike me and apparently you ) to give valid suggestions.

Take my suggestion for what it's worth but mistakes happen. Developers get crunched for time or other things get in the way however if they miss something a proper QA engineer and/or their team will find it. For a majority of my career I did consultant work as a Lead QA Engineer for HP at some of the largest corporations and government contractors in North America.

With that said, it's hard to determine why ZOS has missed so many large bugs/defects with this patch. Sure, they can be patched up and fixed. No problem there but it's quite obvious that there is a severe workflow problem here. Maybe the developers are great and the QA team is doing their job but this patch was rushed to be released without a proper iteration of testing due to management? Maybe they made the decision that these bugs/defects weren't of a severity that mattered to their requirements? I certainly don't know but I could speculate all day.

The software development lifecycle is pretty clear cut. It doesn't require a background in programming or any further education in the field to understand it. If anyone is interested then just make a quick search to learn more. It's just one of those things. :P

Update:
    Going to go and enjoy the game. Leveling a new character since class mechanics aren't exactly necessary at such a low level. Let's see if I can level it up before a fix is released!

Options
  • Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭

Take my suggestion for what it's worth but mistakes happen. Developers get crunched for time or other things get in the way however if they miss something a proper QA engineer and/or their team will find it. For a majority of my career I did consultant work as a Lead QA Engineer for HP at some of the largest corporations and government contractors in North America.

With that said, it's hard to determine why ZOS has missed so many large bugs/defects with this patch. Sure, they can be patched up and fixed. No problem there but it's quite obvious that there is a severe workflow problem here. Maybe the developers are great and the QA team is doing their job but this patch was rushed to be released without a proper iteration of testing due to management? Maybe they made the decision that these bugs/defects weren't of a severity that mattered to their requirements? I certainly don't know but I could speculate all day.

The software development lifecycle is pretty clear cut. It doesn't require a background in programming or any further education in the field to understand it. If anyone is interested then just make a quick search to learn more. It's just one of those things. :P

Suggestion well noted and completely understood, I totally agree what you say, you do make a great point and it is obvious that you to understand what it takes for good QA to happen. Thank you.

OIIIIIIIO

Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems some passives and/or set bonuses are broken as well.
    Before patch I had (over cap) weapon damage of 210. Now 200. Using Hundings Rage set. Removed a piece of set and saw no change to damage.

Also confirm stealth passives seem to be broken as well.

Night's Silence is also broken but they did that on purpose.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would happily wait a week or two longer for every new patch if it meant better testing and less broken stuff.
    Options
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭

I am in IT but not a programmer as stated in my post, so since I don't know coding, please elaborate on how you would fix this since apparently you have all the answers, please describe in detail how you would correct the issue besides the common PTS answer and using internal QA testers.
    Also, please tell us how Service Management is applied within an organization and how it aligns with the ISO 20000.

Actually... its called QA, its simple really... you make changes.. and you test them. Bad idea to skip the testing, causes small issues like this. Its outlined it this this stuff called policies and procedures EVERY company (that LIKES to make money) adheres too.

Do you even ITIL bro?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Options
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    :smile:

Hell if you go back to the PTS you will notice updates 1.4 and 1.4.2 NOT 1.4.3, they didn't even TEST 1.4.3

Specifically, they did not install 1.4.3 on the PTS server. That is not to say that they did not test it.

They call it PTS and the T does stand for Test, but the PTS is not, and should not be, part of the Quality Assurance program.

The forum does tend to go the hyperbole route and say that they never test anything. Some people might actually believe it. I think that most people know they test it and are just aware that they are not fixing defects before they release.

They have done a number of things wrong from a development process perspective, but I am willing to let them have their 6 months to get the kinks out of their release development and QA process. Six months is usually enough time to identify weak spots in their process and implement fixes.

They have made some blunders in Update 4, to be sure. I think they should have fixed many of them, but I know that at least one would have been a challenge to identify before it was rolled out. When I compare Update 3 to Update 4 I find that they have actually improved. They do need to be given credit for this.

I am hoping that they can get their act together for Update 5. It sounds like Update 5 is a Big Thing compared to Update 4. Update 3 was a Big Thing compared to Update 4. They really need to focus on finding and fixing the bugs before they drop 1.5.3 on the Live servers. They might want to consider placing customer reported problems from PTR at the top of the fix list. This will go a long way to building positive perceptions.

Bud look at the dates of the 1.4.2 posts.. days, Im sorry days are NOT enough time to test the QA process with new changes, especially the changes made, just to big. Then instead of a roll back OR a hotfix they push those changes back a full week, for some Raid Boss fix. Unacceptable.

Other then that I agree. I have actually cancelled my sub... the only way to fix the problem is to force them to listen... because listening is NOT what ZOS wants to do.

Edit.. cuz I r dumb

Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The particle FX that doesn't clear itself properly and causes large performance issues is still around after the implementation of the new particle FX engine.
    The only way to fix this is to relog, which combined with the frequent crashes is just great.
    TFmVT27.png

The ugly black square underneath your character as you sneak has become nearly solid black.
    RYFCke1.png
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    diverje wrote: »
    Crafting doesn't appear to update the center tooltip regarding its level. It doesn't refresh unless I switch to a different stave type and then back again.

The quick and dirty way I found is to (un)check "Have items", click e.g. the plus sign to up the strength of the staff, (un)check "Have items", check strength -not red?- continue, etc. A bit cumbersome, but it works.

The Charged enchantment gives the possibility to increase enchantment charges by 125%, which is a bit too much up. Was 22%. ;)
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium Armor Improved Sneak Passive is broken. I an now being detected in areas using stealth that I was never detected before and I wear a full set of medium armor. This needs to be addressed not in an upcoming patch but now in a HOTFIX. What is the problem ZOS why every time a new update comes out things that were working fine before are now broken. Enough is enough of this. Give us the players a break. Especially the Nightblade class which depends on stealth passives and abilities.
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Medium Armor Improved Sneak Passive is broken. I an now being detected in areas using stealth that I was never detected before and I wear a full set of medium armor. This needs to be addressed not in an upcoming patch but now in a HOTFIX. What is the problem ZOS why every time a new update comes out things that were working fine before are now broken. Enough is enough of this. Give us the players a break. Especially the Nightblade class which depends on stealth passives and abilities.

This is being reported all over. Stealth system (including disguises) is broken. An acknowledgement of this would be nice. A hotfix or rollback would be the correct customer service oriented response.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also crashing at least 4 times per hour is very, very annoying.
    Options
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I had an issue twice yesterday where I could not attack enemies in Cyrodiil. I could still cast my abilities that affected only myself but nothing offensive. This lasted for about a minute until I was killed. I was swinging my weapon right through people and abilities would not play at all. I dont think it was lag since I could still use things like stealth and purge.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
    Options
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    [*] The Night's Silence 5 piece item set is not currently working properly.

Does this mean you're going to put it back the way it was so the sneak speeds will stack with Dark Stalker? Pretty pleeeeze?

---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just updated the status of a few items in the original post, and added a couple new issues including being kicked into third-person view, Glyphs of Potion Speed not working properly, and Cyrodiil vendors not selling high-level gear.

As always, we'll continue to update the first post as we receive more information.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shiva7663 wrote: »
    There is a serious bug in the ZOS patch QA process: the final patch gets pushed to the Live servers without being tested on PTS first. We have ample evidence that this is an extraordinarily bad idea. I just hope this is not a case of Marketing overruling QA objections.
    Somebody needs to test these things. And honestly you cannot rely solely on your customers to do it. We are not professionals. Honestly there are bugs that I encounter that I find difficult to even explain, but it's not my job to troubleshoot ESO. After working all day the last thing I want to do is figure out why my game isn't working. It would be really nice if they acknowledged how incredibly inconvenient this is to their customers, gave us a heart felt apology and then made sure they did everything they could not to have it keep happening. It's become normal now to expect massive game breaking bugs with each update. I would be embarrassed if my company's QA was a punchline. This is the first MMO where I seriously dread updates. I cannot even get excited by the new content because so much is broken with the game and I fear it's only going to get worse.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can't seriously be expecting for their paying customers to examine their code and fix it for them. You realize that's something that they pay people for not the other way around.
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was playing my V8 NB last night and I ran across something very strange while doing a few quests.

After killing some NPC mobs in some of the small villages I would start looking in some of the containers like I always do and I would suddenly be attacked by the NPC's I just killed. This would happen within like 10 seconds. These NPC's would be half-way transparent and if moved away about 10 to 20 meters they would stop attacking and disappear but would appear again and attack if I moved back. I could not damage them but they could damage me.

It was like I was caught between two different phases of the game.

I relogged twice but it happened three or 4 times at differnt locations on the map. This has never happened before.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're making it seem like we are being unreasonable by "demanding" that the game we pay for work. Are you kidding me?
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed I left off the location. This occurred in Shadowfen.
    Options