Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

• likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    To expand on the Wayrest Bank loot issue, myself and several others went around Stormhaven last night checking which containers were bugged and where. This is what we found:

*Non-Provisioning containers (desks, cabinets, dressers, trunks, etc.) are displaying this problem.
    **Wayrest, Koeglin Village, and Wind Keep are the three places of the five we went that were affected by this.
    **Dreughside buildings (I only checked the Barracks House [? I think it was called that]) are not affected. ALL container types I checked are working properly.
    **Farengel's Landing we searched more thoroughly than Dreughside; it was bug-free that I saw.

*Provisioning containers are NOT affected. Crates & barrels (not sure on Wine Racks, I only found one but it was working as well) are dropping loot if they appear full, and cannot be clicked at all if they appear empty, as before the patch.

*There are two non-Prov. container types we found that are not affected no matter where you are. These are "corner cabinets", the tall thin ones with the three doors at the bottom, and the long squat cabinets with four doors in a row.

This is what I know of the issue. I hope this helps pinpoint it. If anyone has anything to add (particularly about wine racks, other immune containers, or Alcaire Castle/Shinji's Scarp status), please do so!
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
    Options
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    There is a serious bug in the ZOS patch QA process: the final patch gets pushed to the Live servers without being tested on PTS first. We have ample evidence that this is an extraordinarily bad idea. I just hope this is not a case of Marketing overruling QA objections.
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To expand on the Wayrest Bank loot issue, myself and several others went around Stormhaven last night checking which containers were bugged and where. This is what we found:

*Non-Provisioning containers (desks, cabinets, dressers, trunks, etc.) are displaying this problem.
    **Wayrest, Koeglin Village, and Wind Keep are the three places of the five we went that were affected by this.
    **Dreughside buildings (I only checked the Barracks House [? I think it was called that]) are not affected. ALL container types I checked are working properly.
    **Farengel's Landing we searched more thoroughly than Dreughside; it was bug-free that I saw.

*Provisioning containers are NOT affected. Crates & barrels (not sure on Wine Racks, I only found one but it was working as well) are dropping loot if they appear full, and cannot be clicked at all if they appear empty, as before the patch.

*There are two non-Prov. container types we found that are not affected no matter where you are. These are "corner cabinets", the tall thin ones with the three doors at the bottom, and the long squat cabinets with four doors in a row.

This is what I know of the issue. I hope this helps pinpoint it. If anyone has anything to add (particularly about wine racks, other immune containers, or Alcaire Castle/Shinji's Scarp status), please do so!

Alcaire Castle is affected by the bug, the Inn at Alcaire Castle is not.
    Firebrand Keep great hall is also affected
    Edited by Arato on September 17, 2014 12:19AM
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Duplicate, please ignore, why can't we delete our own posts?
    Edited by Arato on September 17, 2014 12:19AM
    Options
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Alcaire Castle is affected by the bug, the Inn at Alcaire Castle is not.
    Firebrand Keep great hall is also affected

Thank you for the extra info. I'm going to sleuth in Shinji's Scarp next.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    • User settings have been unintentionally reset.
      • You will need to set any of your settings again, which includes keybindings, gameplay, camera, interface, and social. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Can we have Controls & Social added to the main menu, as a master control to change every character at once?

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <facepalm>
    Options
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you add pvp vendors not selling v14 boxes please.
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me again.

Update patch notes say:

"Blackheart Haven: Fixed an issue where Shifty Tom wouldn’t consistently appear after you loot Atarus."

He was indeed absent again from where the quest arrow indicated. Nowhere in that cave or anywhere else. Also, the entire time (as before) the dungeon kept toggling between "in combat" and "left combat" every few seconds even if we were not fighting, even in a completely cleared room.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing since the monkey beta. I have played Elder Scrolls 3-5. They were all quite glitchy. 3 was the least gitchy. 4 had more. 5 had tons. This game is awash in bugs and glitches and lag. I have been very patient and forgiving (remember the "ban hammer"? I was wrongly hit by it and had to wait over 2 days for them to resolve that) and have accepted that I am still playing the beta for the forthcoming console releases.

I was a game tester for Sony at one time and I'm pretty sure that they paid US to test their games and not the other way around.

I was kinda jazzed about getting the ice wraith pet (whenever that happens), but now I'm not sure if I will be displaying my loyalty in-game. I will almost feel stupid with that flag of shame following me around.

So this forum is about the new patch: It feels like they took 5 steps back. I decided to make a fresh new character to go along with the patch to experience the update from the beginning. The only things I have noticed, with my DK, is that it is choppy, laggy and I was very upset when I saw that crafting was broken. I was going to take the time to report the bugs, but then laughed to myself knowing that everything I noticed had probably been reported 10,000 times already and instead took that time to fix my settings on 3 of my chars.

Good thing that I don't live in Toon Town 'cause my head would have turned into a lollipop or a donkey's by today.
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have no confirmation about the potion speed glyphs not working with vet 5 potions. I have gold potion speed glyphs because I heard that you have at least epic or legendary glyphs in order for it to work.
    This was not working before the patch and it still not working after the patch even though it states that potion speed glyphs are finally working. I have sent bug reports and ask from help in game but all I get is that we need to fix it but I do not see any information on a fix.
    I am a night blade that likes to use vet 5 potions faster than the 30 secs because I have no burst healing and the vet 5 potions are the closest thing to burst healing that I have.
    Options
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AmeliaR‌
    is sorc summoned pets having a "follower" icon above their heads intended?
    it's annoying, quite frankly.
    #teamEmeric
    Options
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to know how it is that fixing the Dragonstar boss difficulty is apparently more important and deserving of a hotfix than any of the other issues here.

Especially (but not limited to) the amazing amounts of broken stealth (which pretty much ruins the gameplay for an entire class whose main damage is based on stealth). I bet if Bolt Escape was completely broken that hotfix would be out in half a day.

/boggle
    Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on September 17, 2014 1:40AM
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @snarkyqb
    I saw those same icons on one of my nightblade toon's shades. I think they are intended.
    Options
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    @snarkyqb
    I saw those same icons on one of my nightblade toon's shades. I think they are intended.

intended... for what purpose, I wonder. it's nothing but distracting! (to me, at least)
    #teamEmeric
    Options
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭
    Has ZoS even apologized yet? I get this is a big game and there are bound to be issues, but we really do deserve some admission on their part. I'm still playing, and still will, but how hard is it to own up to your ***, apologize, and fix it? I guarantee you your customers will be happier. If you care...
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to know how it is that fixing the Dragonstar boss difficulty is apparently more important and deserving of a hotfix than any of the other issues here.

Possibly because they could do that fix without taking the server down.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlvinM wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to post feedback, we're listening. While we recognize that some forum members may be frustrated, we do not tolerate abusive language or disruptive behavior on our forums. This goes for abusive and disruptive comments and behavior that are directed at a ZeniMax Online employee and ESO community member, alike. Please remember to be respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, and help us maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all.

@ZOS_AlvinM‌

We are being constructive. We are asking that ZOS fixes the bugs that we report the first time instead of severe bugs making it into release or hire more QA engineers to help you do it in-house. Two constructive suggestions that would help benefit the game and ultimately your organization, should not considered abusive or disruptive.

The fact that we are giving ZOS a complimentary service (Heck, we are even paying you!) is about as constructive as it gets.

Thanks for the post though.
    Edited by Lionxoft on September 17, 2014 3:45AM
    Options
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the dreaded memory leak may be back...
    Options
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're wasting time in this thread. They always start one of these threads after they bust the game each update. Then they ignore it. It's the same for most of the bugs.. ignored.

Anyone playing a stealth NB forget it. Put it in a skirt or roll something else. So busted.
    Options
  • Comet201
    Comet201
    ✭✭
    Could you also look at the following issues:

1. Dragon Knight standard, when dropping my own, noticeable decrease in FPS.
    2. Crafting station, option to craft not showed up always, had to exit/enter crafting station multiple times after changing a style/trait to get the craft option to reappear
    3. Infinite loading screens, noticed more of them when using travel to player option while either in craglorn or one of the new delves
    Character: Aeries, v14 DK DC
    Guilds: No Mercy, Lion Guard
    Options
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno there are people rashing in Cyrodiil. I crashed after 10 minutes in Cyrodiil (didn't stick around for long after that). A guildie crashed 5 times within the space of an hour, another guildie crashed twice. Everyone else was grinding XP so that's 3/3 crashing in Cyrodiil.

I also spotted someone else indicating that they are crashing on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2glqwd/version_4_an_evening_in_pvp/
    I did experience two crashes. I've never really experienced any crashes during my PvP time, except for the times the server seemed to just drop people out.

I submitted the crash report if you guys use those. There sadly doesn't seem to be any reliable repro steps at this point - it seems to be happening randomly.
    Options
  • Imp666
    Imp666
    ✭✭
    ZOS_AlvinM wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to post feedback, we're listening. While we recognize that some forum members may be frustrated, we do not tolerate abusive language or disruptive behavior on our forums. This goes for abusive and disruptive comments and behavior that are directed at a ZeniMax Online employee and ESO community member, alike. Please remember to be respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, and help us maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all.

If you want respect, you should start respecting the player base. I have no idea whether you are listening or not, but the patches and updates point to a different direction. Instead of adressing and fixing the core issues reported by the community (your paying customers) you end up breaking parts of the game that were working properly.

After 4 updates and lots of patches, people are getting angry and that is perfectly understandable. If you want people to be friendly and create a welcoming atmosphere, you should start adressing the issues they report.
    Options
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    Sugar-Claw on Khenarthi's Roost still offers no passage to Vulkhel Guard. The only help is the workaround with the wayshrine posted 2014/07/14. 2 months and still not fixed :'(
    Unable to login due to guild-hotfix from 2014/08/07 - 2014/08/15 (solved by community fix)
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pulsarxz wrote: »
    I'm getting a bad hitch in the game every 10-15 sec or so running around in the world. Game ran beautiful before patch. Please look into this. Thanks!

@ZOS_JasonLeavey
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Graphics performace (ultra) is now stuttering every 1-3 seconds unless you reduce graphics performance.
    Graphics texture quality is jumping from minimun > high > low unless you switch to...
    SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"
    ....which further degrades perfromance.

NO performance Issues with 1.3 although the texture issue was there.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »
    bunnytrix wrote: »

And are you people serious ? Fixed in 1.4.4 ? When does that drop ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ? This is absolutely unacceptable. You break the game (again) for a large portion of your player base, and can only "fix" it at some future unspecified date..so basically saying " deal with it til we can be bothered to fix it!" These issues need a hotfix. Zeni devs should be working round the clock trying to fix these issues, like many other mmo devs would be for their PAYING CUSTOMERS.

You need more fiber in your diet

Totally agree, fiber might help.
    But then, we might just get more crappy demands posted.
    Maybe all the people demanding a fix now, give Zeni some recommendation on what part of the code is broken or better yet, write it for them and send it in, seems to be a lot of "programmers" out there, but no one with a constructive solution, just a bunch of rage demands or I won't resub empty threats.
    OIIIIIIIO

Death is only the beginning
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we see confirmation and acknowledgement that stealth detection radius passives and sets are also damaged. Sneaking with someone with zero stealth passives while I have both medium armour and nightshade passives to reduce detection range results in us both being detected at the same range.

This is a fairly key one to break for stealth players snd needs fixing soon.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I've noticed since Update 4: The game crashes when my character is running and I try to access the quickslot menu.

@tinythinker‌
    I cannot reproduce this issue on the live client.
    Would you please provide steps to reproduce the crash?

Thanks,
    GTech_1
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »
    bunnytrix wrote: »

And are you people serious ? Fixed in 1.4.4 ? When does that drop ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ? This is absolutely unacceptable. You break the game (again) for a large portion of your player base, and can only "fix" it at some future unspecified date..so basically saying " deal with it til we can be bothered to fix it!" These issues need a hotfix. Zeni devs should be working round the clock trying to fix these issues, like many other mmo devs would be for their PAYING CUSTOMERS.

You need more fiber in your diet

Totally agree, fiber might help.
    But then, we might just get more crappy demands posted.
    Maybe all the people demanding a fix now, give Zeni some recommendation on what part of the code is broken or better yet, write it for them and send it in, seems to be a lot of "programmers" out there, but no one with a constructive solution, just a bunch of rage demands or I won't resub empty threats.

If they want work from me then they will need to pay my consultant fee. I don't touch source unless I'm paid to. Also, chances are it's a violation the CoC to modify the source in any way as well as the client doesn't hold all the code. :D A trip to MD would be fun though.
    Edited by Lionxoft on September 17, 2014 10:30AM
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    Another thing I've noticed since Update 4: The game crashes when my character is running and I try to access the quickslot menu.

@tinythinker‌
    I cannot reproduce this issue on the live client.
    Would you please provide steps to reproduce the crash?

Thanks,
    GTech_1

It may just be a coincidence as there have been lots of reports of crashes in Cyrodiil since the update from what I read in zone chat. Still, while correlation doesn't constitute causation, on three different occasions my character was running and hit Q and was moving around the wheel when the game locked up, so I thought maybe it might be a pattern. It was just an Argonian DK on the Thornblade (NA) server trying to find the right potion :)

However, if it cannot be readily replicated, it might be a very conditional bug or again just a coincidence between a common activity and a completely different variable that is leading to client crashes. I assume that lots of reported bugs will be hard to replicate and may therefore also be very conditional/limited or related to an event/variable other than the one assumed to be the cause by the player. It's likely why only some things posted here and in bug reports in-game end up on the official list.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options