The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets

• Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brandoid wrote: »
    Why do 4 sets add weapon critical but only one set adds spell critical? I'll be losing 6% spell critical with this patch.

Wrath of the Imperium spell crit set is not included in the screenshot above.
    Not everyone PvPs

2/10.
    They made the willows set totally crap now. And what all the hate with the spell crit sets, they almost removed everything...

Mages Light maybe?
    What about it? It takes two slots and 5% Magicka. If they have a problem with Mage's Light, then they should adjust Mage's Light. They shouldn't shortchange spell crit on set bonuses.

Two slots? 20% crit is a big deal. It almost doubles you're crit if you go full for a full crit build, which is kind of dumb tbh especially in PvP where impen can counter it hard.
    You need to have Mage Light on both bars for it to not be useless.

I have 58% spell crit, so it does not almost double it. It's a large component, yes, but again it comes at a large cost.

After these changes, physical crit will only be 1% lower than spell crit, but it won't have to use two slots and lose 5% magicka. I'm the first person who will say that melee needs help, but this isn't the way.

I'd argue further, thinking that maybe somehow Zenimax will listen, discuss their opinions/reason for the nerf, perhaps reveal that there was a mistake and there should be one more spell crit bonus in there somewhere, but it's just futile at this point. These changes are locked in no matter what bugs and imbalances they might cause, because Zenimax cannot be wrong in Zenimax's eyes. The first draft is always perfect.

Dont forget your 42% spell penetration that stamina builds have no comparable way of obtaining.
    Options
  • CRAZYswitch
    I think you guys aren't taking quality into consideration. Imagin if that Hist bark heal at legendary was 350 or in the 400's. The old set didn't scsle.
    Options
  • Marius87
    Marius87
    Jaxom wrote: »
    What if we assume magicka builds were OP in the first place, would that make this spell crit 'nerf' easier to stomach? But as some one said, the game is always going to be adjusting, just go with it, not worth getting stressed over. My NB's looking forward to throwing in some melee now (and yes I'm a spell crit build).

Just curious if you are a melee build? because spell crit doesnt effect NB melee class skills. Currently only ranged class skills like Strife are based off of spell crit. Melee NB class skills like teleport strike, vielled strike, and so on are all based off of weapon crit. these skills also work off of the targets armor factor and not spell resist. Even tho these skill use magika.

I believe Spell Damage/magicka increases those attacks, however, they are off of Weapon Crit. I'm actually interested in the 5 Piece Magnus Set. Anyone know if the 8% cast for free would work on all NB class abilities (dark cloak, concealed weapon) ect? Could be interested in 5 Piece Magnus and 3 Piece Torug's. You lose 10% spell crit from Twighlights and Willows, but gain Health, Magicka, 14 Spell Power and an 8% chance to cast for free. Thoughts?

Or magnus 4 pieces, torug 2 pieces, and song of lamae 3 pieces for a combined 21spell damage increase.

To bad that im already soft capped for spell dmg coming next patch at 129 for pvp. Still thats an option if i want to replace my 39 spell dmg coming from enchants on rings .

Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Less spell crit bonuses + more stamina friendly set bonuses = better overall for the game.

As it stands spell crit is loads easier to stack than weapon crit. There are 3 different sets that have spell crit as a bonus now vs 1 set with weapon crit. With these changes we get 4 sets that give bonuses to weapon crit and 1 that gives a bonus to spell crit. This evens out the playing field considerably when factoring in the spell crit bonus from magelight.

Just a quick comparison if you're stacking weapon crit you could get 37% with the medium armor passive, grabbing 4 pieces of Hunding's rage, and 4 pieces of Night mother's gaze.

If you stack spell crit then you could achieve 34% with the light armor passive, grabbing 3 pieces of Night mother's gaze, and equipping inner light to your bar. Factor in the spell penetration passive from light armor and it evens out pretty well.
    Again, you are criminally underestimating the cost of two used bar spaces and 5% magicka reduction.

Max spell crit after these changes, with a huge cost of doing so, will only be 1% higher than max weapon crit, at little to no cost.

Where are you getting that magelight uses two action bar slots? It uses one slot and the 5% reduced magicka is negligible at best. The fact is the current state of magicka builds vs stamina builds makes these changes a pretty effective(and needed) way of balancing them out a bit more. If you're a caster you already have it much easier than stamina builds do, this will bring the two closer together. So while it may not be good for you specifically it's good for the game's health overall.
    I've already said, you need to use Mage Light on both bars. It doesn't remain active when you switch, and it doesn't remember when you switch back.

Nerfing magicka builds is not the right way to buff stamina builds.

nerfing magicka slightly and buffing stamina slightly so they come into alignment is a great way to fix the discrepancy between the power of the two build types. It's faster than slow incremental buffs to only stamina. I actually find it pretty laughable people are complaining about this because they can't see the bigger picture at work. I think it's extremely selfish and shows a major lack of caring about the overall health of the game.

I agree...all this moaning over a loss of 6% critical. Meanwhile they still have 42% spell penetration that stamina has no comparable way to obtain. My opinion is that all this added weapon critical and weapon damage is to make up for that lack of penetration.
    Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do agree that stam builds should be balanced with magicka builds but the approach Zos is taking is not the way to do it. Stam players who are disgruntled about the current balance between magicka and stam are making non productive remarks and are in agreement with nerfing magicka builds which is not a very mature way to look at the problem.

Based on what I'm seeing from these changes it's literally going to break my entire build and force me to rebuild or quit the game. Changing the current gear sets so drastically is something I would expect from Blizzard Entertainment and is seriously making me think if I should continue playing eso. The fact that all my gear is legendary with legendary enchants is going to total of about 200k worth of gear that is now going to be obsolete.

I highly doubt if the tables were turned that stam build players would be happy about the gold loss and the loss of their builds.

These changes are seriously making me consider quitting the game because they are so drastic. Small changes for tweaks are ok and fine but these changes to me are consider game breaking not fixing.

You Slopez are a true none braindead Forum Hero. I also made almost the exact same posts in different other Threads. It will not break my build, but all the gold and the time and work to get that amount of gold to get the upgrades done. I wont go through that again. Especially after they nerfed all good possibilities to farm yourself some gold.

This is just way too much for my liking. Who also says they arnt doing this again and again and again and screw us over each couple of month. Why not just fix the Skilllines to make em on par. Buff the weapon Skilllines and even buff med armor more. Dont screw us up. I mean i probably could go back to dualwield with my DK. But not if it goes with poor gamedesign like that.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    Bugged already?

BWxp4bq.png

Night Mother shows the 2 and 4 piece set receiving the same bonus...

New change vs. Critical attacks 20% reduction of target armor for 5 seconds? Debatable.

3 piece to 5 piece...terrible.

The raw armor value is better vs light armor, the old % was better vs heavy armor. Seeing the state that heavy armor is in, they need all the help they can get right now.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys aren't taking quality into consideration. Imagin if that Hist bark heal at legendary was 350 or in the 400's. The old set didn't scsle.

Very good point, it would be interesting to see if it increases with quality.
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I don't understand why they don't just make mage light provide spell and weapon crit, imo it should have been that way before launch.

Futhermore I think that the willows set should continue to provide spell crit but it should be 5/5 for the crit bonus and the crit should scale with your lvl. Say 3-4% up to lvl 50, 5-6% for vr1-9, and 7-8% for vr10-12.

I do like the changes to the Seducer set as the current set bonus really isn't doing much once u get to veteran ranks, 3% is a joke for vr content.
    Edited by heyguyslol on July 10, 2014 10:26PM
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
    Options
  • Marius87
    Marius87
    2 questions. Do any on this numbers scale on the crafted sets?
    And Can we replace the enchantments from droped sets now?. Cuz for my burst nightblade that stygian with 20 increase dmg when inv is to good to pass .
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I don't understand why they don't just make mage light provide spell and weapon crit, imo it should have been that way before launch.

I do agree with that, they should just combine all critical (both spell and weapon) into one stat, and add more critical magnitude options on the gear instead of spell/weapon critical chance. Currently Shadow Stone is the only non NB way of increasing critical magnitude right now unless I am mistaken.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marius87 wrote: »
    2 questions. Do any on this numbers scale on the crafted sets?
    And Can we replace the enchantments from droped sets now?. Cuz for my burst nightblade that stygian with 20 increase dmg when inv is to good to pass .

Most do with crafted level, if not with the major bonus, with the minor bonuses. Some do with quality in addition to level. Do not know if the new ones will or not though.
    Options
  • Braddass
    Braddass
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a stupid question, but what abilities does weapon crit affect?
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Braddass wrote: »

Not really. Personally I think, unless they combined spell & weapon into just critical, they need to add to the tool tips if it uses Weapon Critical and Armor Penetration or if it uses Spell Critical and Spell Penetration.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braddass wrote: »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eGOwZHb4sXY
    Options
  • wizardhood2003
    I really freakin hope they reimburse me ALL my freakin mats to make my current sets all yellow. This is complete BS.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »
    Read your passives, magicka can get 42% spell penetration with out debuffs that stamina cannot. They needed to do something to level the playing field. Instead of adding armor penetration to stamina builds and hurting the already wounded thing that is heavy armor, they decided to give more critical to stamina.

It is a combination of the inner light completely making up for the critical that medium gives, but no stamina counter to that spell penetration.
    This is irrelevant.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandoid wrote: »
    For a few weeks after the patch, they can make the deconstruct return of materials 100% for crafted items with set bonuses. This would also have the side effect of letting test the bonuses more easily for a little while. I doubt this would have aasting impact on the economy (that doesn't exist).

Too bad there will definitely be zero compensation.

Entitlement much?
    Nope.
    Options
  • RavishedPsyche
    So, all the work we put into our sets, obtaining the items to make the sets, obtaining the crafters, and such down the toilet? I have crafted a lot, and I mean a lot for the guild I run, and changing the set bonuses is a bit of a let down. Actually more than a bit. Legendary enchants, Legendary mats in general wasted on sets that are being made unusable for end game or even PvP.

I do hope they allow us to get allll of our mats back. Maybe make a vendor capable of extracting all mats for a fee, for example. Only capable of doing so for crafted sets. This would solve the issue. Either make it available for the first few days and take it out or even leave it and up the fee after the first few days. In story they could say it was a "Grand Opening Discount" for the new vendors, or some discount for a holiday of some kind.
    ~GM of Deviance ---- NA---- Aldmeri Dominion~
    ~v14 Sorc~ Aurora De'Viant (Former Empress) (Boethiah's Scythe)~
    ~v14 DK~ Adrasteia De'Viant (Boethiah's Scythe)~
    ~ V14 Templar~ Ava M De'Viant~
    ~ Work in Progress Nightblade~ Scarlet De'Viant~
    ~All trials cleared. Sanctum Ophidia (Second World), AA (normal and hard), Hel'ra (normal and hard)~
    To learn about Deviance and apply go to: http://deviance.guildlaunch.com/
    To watch our Raids etc: http://twitch.tv/sedissbro
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Read your passives, magicka can get 42% spell penetration with out debuffs that stamina cannot. They needed to do something to level the playing field. Instead of adding armor penetration to stamina builds and hurting the already wounded thing that is heavy armor, they decided to give more critical to stamina.

It is a combination of the inner light completely making up for the critical that medium gives, but no stamina counter to that spell penetration.
    This is irrelevant.

Huh, 42% spell penetration is irrelevant? Mind if that passive is removed then?

I don't want it removed. Just pointing out that it is not irrelevant. I also play light armor, resto/destro staff. But I do understand the need for the changes, especially because I started off 1 to VR4 or so as a stamina build. While I may not like the 6% critical nerf, I also understand that it is not catastrophic like everyone is making it sound.

Not to mention they are adding more options for spell power. Seeing how critical is easily negated by Impenetrable, spell power may be the better choice. If I can cap spell power with set bonuses, I can trade off a spell power Glyph for a reduction of cost one.

The only part of these changes that I am having a hard time to swallow is the cost of starting over. The trade on 6% critical for more flexibility with all build types while crafting is worth it. It was kind of BS that there was only 1 or 2 good combinations of crafted gear or of all the sets available.
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the changes.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, 42% spell penetration is irrelevant?
    42% spell penetration is irrelevant in a discussion bout critical strike chance.

Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    42% spell penetration is irrelevant in a discussion bout critical strike chance.

take a second to read the thread title...

"1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets"
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the changes.

/agree
    I'm looking forward to saving $15 a month :P

@heyguyslol

Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »

take a second to read the thread title...

"1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets"
    Discussions evolve and contain sub-discussions.
    Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a discussion about critical strike chance? Odd, I thought it was about overall damage output of magicka builds versus stamina builds. Critical strike chance only being a part of the equation...maybe I am missing something on the current state of the game.
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    So from this, spell casters using a crit build have been nerfed...

Willow's Path set no longer gives 5% crit for 3 items.
    Night Mother set only gives 4% spell Crit for 3 items.

I may be wrong, however anyone else see this?

What's happened to Warlock and Magicka Furnace?
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • Radixo
    Radixo
    y6BbDaJ.jpg

So the spell crit on the trial set got significantly buffed, you can now get 8% crit with 3 pieces. You can also get the jewelry set bonuses without using the weapon, as they are 2 and 3 piece bonuses now Not sure if the existing items will get updated.

here are the other trial sets
    o03z02w.jpg
    No7oWvu.jpg
    Options
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why many people are crying that they lost materials.
    Will you *** the same way when level cap raises? It's ridiculous how many of you think you should "reimbursed".

Edit: You can deconstruct too so there is no problem. Hell for all you know your current sets will actually be better for the new play styles that may emerge from all the set and stat changes.
    Edited by Brandoid on July 11, 2014 12:28AM
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »
    So from this, spell casters using a crit build have been nerfed...

Willow's Path set no longer gives 5% crit for 3 items.
    Night Mother set only gives 4% spell Crit for 3 items.

I may be wrong, however anyone else see this?

What's happened to Warlock and Magicka Furnace?

From what I have heard but no comfirmation yet is that the Warlock set bonus for magicka flood is now 5 items instead of 3.

Also the Imperium set has not been confirmed either but I'm guessing that with the warlock changes the imperium set for 10% spell crit will be unusable while trying to run the warlock set.

They should have just buffed stam sets to be on par with magicka sets which would make everyone happy on both sides but with this change stam players are happy but magicka players are screwed of coarse depending on your build but for the most part.

@heyguyslol

Options
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every one claiming magicka users being screwed...really? I am a magicka user. Switching from medium armor to light made the difference between struggling with VR7 to VR10 (pre nerf patch) and being able to solo a ridiculous amount of Craiglorn content.

Are you all honestly trying to say that you have no problems with light armor magicka builds soloing Craiglorn and Trial content, and infact that you want any class/build/armor type to be able to do the same?

What would be the point of the group content of everyone could solo it?

Do I enjoy the OP play style of light armor magicka? Yes, but I also knew the nerf was eventually going to happen. Was it a good run? Yes. Should it be toned down? Yes.

I should not be able to mop up 6 to 8 mobs in Craiglorn as if I was a level 45 running a level 30 public dungeon for research traits or vendoring materials just because I wear light armor and use a restoration staff.

Don't believe me? I farm pretty much the same area in Craiglorn every day for a couple of hours midnight EST to about 2 or 3 am. Feel free to watch me. Not saying what I am doing is impossible, I am saying it shouldn't be.
    Options