The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets

• Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merrak wrote: »
    @pitdemon_ESO
    Out of curiosity, where are you getting your numbers from?

The other part of that story that's not being told by your scenario is how the dodge rating increase gives you a chance to completely avoid attacks...where you will always get smacked with an attack on the new set, and only have a 33% chance to get that 175 health.

Don't remember seeing your character avoid damage? He'll turn his shoulder, side step, and you take 0 damage, and it costs you 0 stamina.

gotcha, so it's not 20% mitigation but a 20% chance of 100% mitigation.

I could recalculate for 15 attacks (3 attacks completely negated from the old Hist and 5 heals from the new Hist) and get the same amount percentage-wise but the current numbers hold up for a simple demonstration.

The numbers I got were from me hitting a Templar with armor at softcap while dueling last weekend. I have weapon damage at softcap, and was VR6, he was VR12.

My point is that unless someone uses heavy attacks or better, the New Histbark will always come out ahead. (Which may not be a terrible thing when you think about impulse spam, but that's another discussion entirely)

heavy attacks or better? you mean like every class ability in the game? Also the old hist bark could not dodge impulse because it couldn't be blocked. The new hist bark will not proc a heal from impulse because it can't be blocked, so impulse is a wash. Old hist bark gave you used zero stamina when you dodged. new hist bark you will still be using the stam every time. This is a nerf that's all there is to it. Was it warranted? I don't think so, but maybe.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Saavuj
    Saavuj
    ✭✭
    With the huge increases in the soft caps on magicka recovery, I'm looking forward to seeing what the sets are that returned magicka.
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    My point is that unless someone uses heavy attacks or better, the New Histbark will always come out ahead. (Which may not be a terrible thing when you think about impulse spam, but that's another discussion entirely)

Every boss fight and most mob fights will have a lot of heavy attacks or better. You will never ever fight a battle against anything, even in PvP, where someone hits you with light attacks only for any given period of time.

With old set, the 200 Dodge Rating was given to you the entire time you are blocking, so it can happen with any attack that you needed to block, and you will always be blocking heavy attacks and any spells that don't get interrupted or avoided.

With the new set, the 175 health is also only available while blocking, but only procs 33% of the time. The problem is, that percent means it does little to help. The 175 is not mitigation either, it is simply regeneration of a set number of health taken from an attack.

You are attempting to explain the new set as if you will get 175 health every third attack, and that's simply false.

Which would you prefer? Have a chance to completely avoid a heavy attack that when blocked would still do 400 damage and cost you no stamina? Or block the heavy attack, lose 400 damage, cost you stamina, and have a chance at getting 175 health back.

No matter how anyone attempts to spin this, the old set is truly far superior.
    Edited by Merrak on July 10, 2014 6:25PM
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
  • pitdemon_ESO
    pitdemon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    heavy attacks or better? you mean like every class ability in the game? Also the old hist bark could not dodge impulse because it couldn't be blocked. The new hist bark will not proc a heal from impulse because it can't be blocked, so impulse is a wash. Old hist bark gave you used zero stamina when you dodged. new hist bark you will still be using the stam every time. This is a nerf that's all there is to it. Was it warranted? I don't think so, but maybe.

I guess I'm the only person who conserves resources when my opponent starts to turtle so that I can assassinate him the second he puts his shield down or I have the magicka to start a cc chain.

This is not even a fight I care that much about, consider my statement retracted.
    The Grixxitt of Melek - Alfar Nightblade
    Grixx of the Reach - Crafter/Reachwitch/Sorceror

Must...downvote...stupidity... (clicks sidebar furiously)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have the magicka to start a cc chain.

I do that too, curious with 1.3.0 however, since cc immunity now counts for all kinds of cc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Amerigo
    Amerigo
    ✭✭
    Here you go guys, more spellcaster love :

7d6867.jpg

On the bright side, the enchantment can finally be replaced.

In loving memory of Angie Stower

Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. - William Shakespeare
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving Magicka Flood to a 5 piece bonus is not a caster buff, it's a nerf.
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please post the new Way of the Arena Set (8trait)
  • joram.somersb16_ESO
    joram.somersb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    For a few weeks after the patch, they can make the deconstruct return of materials 100% for crafted items with set bonuses. This would also have the side effect of letting test the bonuses more easily for a little while. I doubt this would have aasting impact on the economy (that doesn't exist).

Too bad there will definitely be zero compensation.

This Is the only solution that would stop me from getting completely disillusioned and probably outright quiting the game.

I've been saving all my money up until a few days ago and finally being able to craft a yellow armor set with matching weapons. This took all my saved up money.
    And since those sets where twilight's embrace and willow's path, their bonuses will resemble nothing of the original bonuses regarding crit chance, and will now be outright useless to me.

This feels to me like a small boy finally saving up enough money to buy a nice and cool action figure, just having it turned into a Barbie doll the day after.
    Without any compensation.

• Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the Wrath of the imperium +10% spell crit set? Does anyone know? Or have you listed only the PvP sets that get a change?

Also increasing weapon crit to up to 54% is not that bad considering the impenetrable trait that gives you protection from weapon crit.

I think the new sets will give interesting new builds. However I would like some kind of refund for all the people that made sets. These are massive changes and no one could have expected such a stats difference in them. Some people will have utter useless equipment next patch. But I guess it won't happen because it would be too hard to implement.
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if we assume magicka builds were OP in the first place, would that make this spell crit 'nerf' easier to stomach? But as some one said, the game is always going to be adjusting, just go with it, not worth getting stressed over. My NB's looking forward to throwing in some melee now (and yes I'm a spell crit build).

Just curious if you are a melee build? because spell crit doesnt effect NB melee class skills. Currently only ranged class skills like Strife are based off of spell crit. Melee NB class skills like teleport strike, vielled strike, and so on are all based off of weapon crit. these skills also work off of the targets armor factor and not spell resist. Even tho these skill use magika.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Hundings rage + 4 Night Mother...

Dual Weilding will never be better

16% weapon Crit.....

I am however a bit annoyed there is no longer spell crit boosting armors tho...
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    What happened to the Wrath of the imperium +10% spell crit set? Does anyone know? Or have you listed only the PvP sets that get a change?
    HlG00kk.png

Because I can!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I need to get busy researching my Medium Armor traits.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugged already?

BWxp4bq.png

Night Mother shows the 2 and 4 piece set receiving the same bonus...

New change vs. Critical attacks 20% reduction of target armor for 5 seconds? Debatable.

3 piece to 5 piece...terrible.
    Edited by StihlReign on July 10, 2014 8:01PM
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Bashev. I was worried my dominion set would be changed as well!
    But these are huge changes... The warlock set changed as well....
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *duplicate post
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 10, 2014 8:08PM
  • Amerigo
    Amerigo
    ✭✭
    Moving Magicka Flood to a 5 piece bonus is not a caster buff, it's a nerf.

Sorry if this wasn't clear but my statement was ironic.
    In loving memory of Angie Stower

Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. - William Shakespeare
  • kiralia
    kiralia
    so now the warlock and lich are exactly the same? wasnt the only difference between them before that the bonuses were the same but for different piece sets?
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if we assume magicka builds were OP in the first place, would that make this spell crit 'nerf' easier to stomach? But as some one said, the game is always going to be adjusting, just go with it, not worth getting stressed over. My NB's looking forward to throwing in some melee now (and yes I'm a spell crit build).

Just curious if you are a melee build? because spell crit doesnt effect NB melee class skills. Currently only ranged class skills like Strife are based off of spell crit. Melee NB class skills like teleport strike, vielled strike, and so on are all based off of weapon crit. these skills also work off of the targets armor factor and not spell resist. Even tho these skill use magika.

I believe Spell Damage/magicka increases those attacks, however, they are off of Weapon Crit. I'm actually interested in the 5 Piece Magnus Set. Anyone know if the 8% cast for free would work on all NB class abilities (dark cloak, concealed weapon) ect? Could be interested in 5 Piece Magnus and 3 Piece Torug's. You lose 10% spell crit from Twighlights and Willows, but gain Health, Magicka, 14 Spell Power and an 8% chance to cast for free. Thoughts?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kiralia wrote: »
    so now the warlock and lich are exactly the same?

I'm not aware of any other set with the Warlock's magicka flood bonus.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 10, 2014 8:29PM
  • kiralia
    kiralia

http://esohead.com/itemsets/134-shroud-of-the-lich

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

http://esohead.com/itemsets/134-shroud-of-the-lich

Hopefully it has been updated a bit to differentiate it from the warlock set. I don't think it will be possible to use both sets together anymore, unless they added additional items like breeches and shoes.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 10, 2014 8:42PM
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    Bugged already?

BWxp4bq.png

New change vs. Critical attacks 20% reduction of target armor for 5 seconds? Debatable.

For nightmother your just getting a 4% bonus with 2 pieces. if you go to 4 pieces you get another 4% bonus for a total of 8%. i dont see why you would think that is a bug......
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugged already?

BWxp4bq.png

For nightmother your just getting a 4% bonus with 2 pieces. if you go to 4 pieces you get another 4% bonus for a total of 8%. i dont see why you would think that is a bug......

I believe the description is bugged, or flawed...as quite a few of them are or have been.

I don't believe your scenario.
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugged already?

BWxp4bq.png

I read it the same way too. ;)
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Bugged already?

BWxp4bq.png

I believe the description is bugged, or flawed...as quite a few of them are or have been.

I don't believe your scenario.

Then how do you explain the hundings set having the same 2 and 4 set bonus, or the Alessia's Bulwark 2 and 4 set, or the Seducers 2 and 4 set, or the Twilight's Embrace 2 and 3 set? More bugs/flaws?

Seems intended to me, so flaw...maybe. But it seems like a good thing to me, not a bad thing so I don't see how that could be a flaw.
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matuzes wrote: »
    Crafting sets (2-6 trait researched)
    BWxp4bq.png

PvP sets
    o0AKGwL.png

If anyone have 8 trait set (Craglorn and Coldharbour i locked right now in pts ;/) or looted sets post screenshots here.
    Lyall84 wrote: »
    Why do 4 sets add weapon critical but only one set adds spell critical? I'll be losing 6% spell critical with this patch.

Because magicka has inner light, nothing like that for stamina.
    Please read the thread. Stamina can reach just 1% less than spell crit without any of the downsides of using Inner Light.

Read your passives, magicka can get 42% spell penetration with out debuffs that stamina cannot. They needed to do something to level the playing field. Instead of adding armor penetration to stamina builds and hurting the already wounded thing that is heavy armor, they decided to give more critical to stamina.

It is a combination of the inner light completely making up for the critical that medium gives, but no stamina counter to that spell penetration.
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    Wow. I really like the new sets, BUT if this goes live then I hope it will be possible to get crafting materials back from already crafted sets (more than small chance to get 1 back from each piece from deconstruction). I have a almost full set of legendary gear that will now be completely useless for me.

You can get you materials back. Hope you have points in getting higher chance to extract the quality mats though.
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    For a few weeks after the patch, they can make the deconstruct return of materials 100% for crafted items with set bonuses. This would also have the side effect of letting test the bonuses more easily for a little while. I doubt this would have aasting impact on the economy (that doesn't exist).

Too bad there will definitely be zero compensation.

Entitlement much?
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack