Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets

Matuzes
Matuzes
✭✭✭
Crafting sets (2-6 trait researched):
Note: Willows Path, Night Mother, Hist Bark have different bonuses after 1.3.1.
BWxp4bq.png

PvP sets:
o0AKGwL.png
Thanks to Bashev:
HlG00kk.png

Big thanks to Attorneyatlawl:
WXkHwJ6.jpg
tboaxET.png

Arena and Fighters Guild Sets:
AckxSKD.png

Mage Guild sets:
cBzYAnC.png

Loot sets:
G5FSHNa.png
dp9sptp.png
UsaEYkk.png
Thanks to Attorneyatlawl:
thzBiWM.jpg
FWyynSU.jpg
x2AWDJ0.jpg

Thanks to Amerigo:
7d6867.jpg

Trial sets:
5UP8mJZ.png

If anyone have 8 trait set (Craglorn and Coldharbour i locked right now in pts ;/) or looted sets post screenshots here.
Edited by Matuzes on August 4, 2014 9:57AM
Matuzes - Imperial Nightblade
Headhunters
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for doing this! I had visited about half of the crafting set locations, this saved me the trouble of unlocking the rest.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's very interesting. Really interesting. I guess the soft cap of the stats will be changed....
    Edited by Bashev on July 10, 2014 11:11AM
    Because I can!
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Changes on 8 Traits?
    These are very significant changes sets now become allot more specific for tank dps etc.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No Changes on 8 Traits?
    These are very significant changes sets now become allot more specific for tank dps etc.
    OP said that the zones are locked. So he/she cannot see the changes.

Because I can!
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    I miss a few sets had special perks at 3 T_T.

No more 5 + 3 set.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @matprzewlokaeb17_ESO‌
    Did you post all PvP sets? I think some of them are missing or ZoS removed them?
    Because I can!
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I was looking for the block mitigation set. But now that's a nerf. For 6% more block mitigation 5 pieces are required, while in the past was 3 pieces for 7.5%
    Because I can!
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Must know changes to dropped sets...
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I miss a few sets had special perks at 3 T_T.

No more 5 + 3 set.

You can still do some 5 + 3 sets (e.g., 5 piece set plus Wrath of the Imperium), however it won't likely be possible to do 5 + 3 + 3 anymore, as there are only a few remaining 3 piece sets, and they use some of the same slots.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 10, 2014 11:37AM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do 4 sets add weapon critical but only one set adds spell critical? I'll be losing 6% spell critical with this patch.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do 4 sets add weapon critical but only one set adds spell critical? I'll be losing 6% spell critical with this patch.

Wrath of the Imperium spell crit set is not included in the screenshot above.
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Nevermind
    Edited by Brandoid on July 10, 2014 12:19PM
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As somebody who uses 5 piece Twilight's Embrace, 3 piece Seducer and 3 piece Warlock sets, I am pretty unhappy with these changes. Looks like it's a good thing I didn't upgrade any of my armor pieces to legendary because I'm going to have to scrap them all.

I'd like to read/hear the rationale for changing the Twilight's Embrace and Seducer sets so drastically.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone post Trial sets?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everyone PvPs
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They made the willows set totally crap now. And what all the hate with the spell crit sets, they almost removed everything...
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    As somebody who uses 5 piece Twilight's Embrace, 3 piece Seducer and 3 piece Warlock sets, I am pretty unhappy with these changes. Looks like it's a good thing I didn't upgrade any of my armor pieces to legendary because I'm going to have to scrap them all.

I'd like to read/hear the rationale for changing the Twilight's Embrace and Seducer sets so drastically.

As someone who uses 5 peice seducer amd three piece warlock, so far I am pretty happy. I can't say I how I will feel once I learn warlocks new bonuses, but for now I know my current and projected spell costs for say, Honor the Dead.

Current: reduce spell cost by 20 x3 with breton passive with seducer set
    Honor the Dead cost = (456-60)*(.73) = ~288

1.3.0 cost = (456-20)*(.68) ~296; I imagine warlock's magicka flood will be 5 piece. This will come with trade off though since I'll be taking advantage of better seducer and warlock buffs.
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    They made the willows set totally crap now. And what all the hate with the spell crit sets, they almost removed everything...

Mages Light maybe?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heart that soft cap is changed, and I think in this case if you manage to regenerate resources faster willows' set won't be so bad.
    Because I can!
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mages Light maybe?
    What about it? It takes two slots and 5% Magicka. If they have a problem with Mage's Light, then they should adjust Mage's Light. They shouldn't shortchange spell crit on set bonuses.
  • pitdemon_ESO
    pitdemon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:

- Looks like the sets that moved from 3-piece to 5-piece were buffed accordingly
    - People's stats should be much higher in PvP now so TTK should go down a bit
    - Hist bark has no cooldown?!?
    - Still no +Spellpower?
    - Max set would be a 5-piece and 3-piece (4 with Dual Wield) so I'm guessing most people will still have one crafted set and one PvP/PvE set due to jewelry pieces being able to complete that set
    - I reeeeally want the ability to make crafted jewelry set pieces now

All in all I love these changes
    The Grixxitt of Melek - Alfar Nightblade
    Grixx of the Reach - Crafter/Reachwitch/Sorceror

Must...downvote...stupidity... (clicks sidebar furiously)
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭

Not everyone PvPs

2/10.

Mages Light maybe?
    What about it? It takes two slots and 5% Magicka. If they have a problem with Mage's Light, then they should adjust Mage's Light. They shouldn't shortchange spell crit on set bonuses.

Two slots? 20% crit is a big deal. It almost doubles you're crit if you go full for a full crit build, which is kind of dumb tbh especially in PvP where impen can counter it hard.
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    STOP COMPLAINING!!

The set tweaks are obviously in the direction of getting stamina builds on par with magicka builds.

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR.

ZOS please don't listen to the whiners, I love these changes as it goes more in the direction of play how you want to play.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:

- Looks like the sets that moved from 3-piece to 5-piece were buffed accordingly
    - People's stats should be much higher in PvP now so TTK should go down a bit
    - Hist bark has no cooldown?!?
    - Still no +Spellpower?
    - Max set would be a 5-piece and 3-piece (4 with Dual Wield) so I'm guessing most people will still have one crafted set and one PvP/PvE set due to jewelry pieces being able to complete that set
    - I reeeeally want the ability to make crafted jewelry set pieces now

All in all I love these changes

What is the difference between spell power and spell damage?
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I really like the new sets, BUT if this goes live then I hope it will be possible to get crafting materials back from already crafted sets (more than small chance to get 1 back from each piece from deconstruction). I have a almost full set of legendary gear that will now be completely useless for me.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandoid wrote: »

Not everyone PvPs

2/10.

Mages Light maybe?

Two slots? 20% crit is a big deal. It almost doubles you're crit if you go full for a full crit build, which is kind of dumb tbh especially in PvP where impen can counter it hard.
    You need to have Mage Light on both bars for it to not be useless.

I have 58% spell crit, so it does not almost double it. It's a large component, yes, but again it comes at a large cost.

After these changes, physical crit will only be 1% lower than spell crit, but it won't have to use two slots and lose 5% magicka. I'm the first person who will say that melee needs help, but this isn't the way.

I'd argue further, thinking that maybe somehow Zenimax will listen, discuss their opinions/reason for the nerf, perhaps reveal that there was a mistake and there should be one more spell crit bonus in there somewhere, but it's just futile at this point. These changes are locked in no matter what bugs and imbalances they might cause, because Zenimax cannot be wrong in Zenimax's eyes. The first draft is always perfect.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Maverick827
    Just wait a little bit. We have no info for all 8 trait sets + PvE sets. And they should be even better I guess
    Because I can!
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to the Seducer set screws stamina builds. Originally the 3 piece bonus reduced spell cost by 3%, currently it reduces ability costs by 3%. With the proposed change there is no armor set that reduces the cost of stamina abilities (unless there's an 8 trait or mob-dropped armor set that does).

Something else to consider: they just got most the armor set bonuses working. How many of these new set bonuses will actually work when these changes go live?
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less spell crit bonuses + more stamina friendly set bonuses = better overall for the game.

As it stands spell crit is loads easier to stack than weapon crit. There are 3 different sets that have spell crit as a bonus now vs 1 set with weapon crit. With these changes we get 4 sets that give bonuses to weapon crit and 1 that gives a bonus to spell crit. This evens out the playing field considerably when factoring in the spell crit bonus from magelight.

Just a quick comparison if you're stacking weapon crit you could get 37% with the medium armor passive, grabbing 4 pieces of Hunding's rage, and 4 pieces of Night mother's gaze.

If you stack spell crit then you could achieve 34% with the light armor passive, grabbing 3 pieces of Night mother's gaze, and equipping inner light to your bar. Factor in the spell penetration passive from light armor and it evens out pretty well.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16