The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

1.3.0 Armor and Weapon Sets

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Something else to consider: they just got most the armor set bonuses working. How many of these new set bonuses will actually work when these changes go live?
    Awesome, really good point. I really like the game and always defend it but I really cannot imagine things, which look so simple to be coded, have so many bugs. I do not speak for the major issues with phasing or FPS, just the simple ones as (passives, increase armor, gives chance to dodge when you block, etc)
    Because I can!
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    @Maverick827
    Just wait a little bit. We have no info for all 8 trait sets + PvE sets. And they should be even better I guess
    So spell casters have to wait for incredibly long research times to not be nerfed? Or a once self-sufficient crafter now has to go through the trouble of finding someone with 8 traits and pay them to craft their gear?

I put a lot of time into my profession already, and was at a place I enjoyed with it. To have all that be made worthless because the only equal set bonuses to weapon crit be in the 8 trait armors would be very annoying. I don't feel like sitting around for three months waiting for my research times to finish just so I can get back to where I was.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »
    Less spell crit bonuses + more stamina friendly set bonuses = better overall for the game.

As it stands spell crit is loads easier to stack than weapon crit. There are 3 different sets that have spell crit as a bonus now vs 1 set with weapon crit. With these changes we get 4 sets that give bonuses to weapon crit and 1 that gives a bonus to spell crit. This evens out the playing field considerably when factoring in the spell crit bonus from magelight.

Just a quick comparison if you're stacking weapon crit you could get 37% with the medium armor passive, grabbing 4 pieces of Hunding's rage, and 4 pieces of Night mother's gaze.

If you stack spell crit then you could achieve 34% with the light armor passive, grabbing 3 pieces of Night mother's gaze, and equipping inner light to your bar. Factor in the spell penetration passive from light armor and it evens out pretty well.
    Again, you are criminally underestimating the cost of two used bar spaces and 5% magicka reduction.

Max spell crit after these changes, with a huge cost of doing so, will only be 1% higher than max weapon crit, at little to no cost.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    @Maverick827
    Just wait a little bit. We have no info for all 8 trait sets + PvE sets. And they should be even better I guess
    So spell casters have to wait for incredibly long research times to not be nerfed? Or a once self-sufficient crafter now has to go through the trouble of finding someone with 8 traits and pay them to craft their gear?

I put a lot of time into my profession already, and was at a place I enjoyed with it. To have all that be made worthless because the only equal set bonuses to weapon crit be in the 8 trait armors would be very annoying. I don't feel like sitting around for three months waiting for my research times to finish just so I can get back to where I was.
    What can I tell you? You looks so pessimistic. I am sorry that you have to lose your time.
    P.S If you play on EU I can craft you a 8 trait set for free. Until 1.3 is released I will have 5 light armors + weapons.
    Edited by Bashev on July 10, 2014 1:33PM
    Because I can!
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got brand new crafted gear a day ago. I am both happy and sad now.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less spell crit bonuses + more stamina friendly set bonuses = better overall for the game.

As it stands spell crit is loads easier to stack than weapon crit. There are 3 different sets that have spell crit as a bonus now vs 1 set with weapon crit. With these changes we get 4 sets that give bonuses to weapon crit and 1 that gives a bonus to spell crit. This evens out the playing field considerably when factoring in the spell crit bonus from magelight.

Just a quick comparison if you're stacking weapon crit you could get 37% with the medium armor passive, grabbing 4 pieces of Hunding's rage, and 4 pieces of Night mother's gaze.

If you stack spell crit then you could achieve 34% with the light armor passive, grabbing 3 pieces of Night mother's gaze, and equipping inner light to your bar. Factor in the spell penetration passive from light armor and it evens out pretty well.
    Again, you are criminally underestimating the cost of two used bar spaces and 5% magicka reduction.

Max spell crit after these changes, with a huge cost of doing so, will only be 1% higher than max weapon crit, at little to no cost.

Where are you getting that magelight uses two action bar slots? It uses one slot and the 5% reduced magicka is negligible at best. The fact is the current state of magicka builds vs stamina builds makes these changes a pretty effective(and needed) way of balancing them out a bit more. If you're a caster you already have it much easier than stamina builds do, this will bring the two closer together. So while it may not be good for you specifically it's good for the game's health overall.

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are you getting that magelight uses two action bar slots? It uses one slot and the 5% reduced magicka is negligible at best. The fact is the current state of magicka builds vs stamina builds makes these changes a pretty effective(and needed) way of balancing them out a bit more. If you're a caster you already have it much easier than stamina builds do, this will bring the two closer together. So while it may not be good for you specifically it's good for the game's health overall.
    I've already said, you need to use Mage Light on both bars. It doesn't remain active when you switch, and it doesn't remember when you switch back.

Nerfing magicka builds is not the right way to buff stamina builds.
  • Larira
    Larira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are you getting that magelight uses two action bar slots?

At Level 15 you can switch between two weapons and two different bars.

Greetings
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've already said, you need to use Mage Light on both bars. It doesn't remain active when you switch, and it doesn't remember when you switch back.

nerfing magicka slightly and buffing stamina slightly so they come into alignment is a great way to fix the discrepancy between the power of the two build types. It's faster than slow incremental buffs to only stamina. I actually find it pretty laughable people are complaining about this because they can't see the bigger picture at work. I think it's extremely selfish and shows a major lack of caring about the overall health of the game.
    NerdSauce Gaming

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nerfing magicka slightly and buffing stamina slightly so they come into alignment is a great way to fix the discrepancy between the power of the two build types. It's faster than slow incremental buffs to only stamina. I actually find it pretty laughable people are complaining about this because they can't see the bigger picture at work. I think it's extremely selfish and shows a major lack of caring about the overall health of the game.
    No, solely buffing stamina is the correct way to go. The only selfish person here is the one wanting magicka nerfs.
  • Larira
    Larira
    ✭✭✭✭

Please keep in mind that nerfing magicka builds means nerfing healers too. And healers have nothing to do with the magicka dps vs. stamina dps thingy.

Greetings
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, solely buffing stamina is the correct way to go. The only selfish person here is the one wanting magicka nerfs.

That's funny since I run a full magicka build, based on high spell crit actually, and I agree with these changes completely as it's better for the overall health of the game. You're just upset because you may have to adjust your build accordingly.

Edited by LtCrunch on July 10, 2014 1:56PM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's funny since I run a full magicka build, based on high spell crit actually, and I agree with these changes completely as it's better for the overall health of the game. You're just upset because you may have to adjust your build accordingly.
    Yes, I am upset that I am unnecessarily getting nerfed. Was that supposed to be some sort of indicting accusation?
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I am upset that I am unnecessarily getting nerfed. Was that supposed to be some sort of indicting accusation?

It shows the selfishness in your complaints. You're worried about how it affects you personally and not the game and the community as a whole.

Edited by LtCrunch on July 10, 2014 2:09PM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn they completely trashed my whitestrakes 3 piece and willow setup :( not cool ZoS....
  • Mescalamba
    Mescalamba
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, this made my day.

Lovely improvements. My vampire is so happy she could cry blood. :smile:
    Proud owner of personal vampire and werewolf army (4 werewolves/4 vampires)..

I'm also using large doses of irony and sarcasm.

Plus Im mean person, cause I really dont have reason to like you. Or anyone.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm torgs pact is looking really interesting now. Loving some of the stamina changes. For the guy asking about a cd on just bark, it doesn't have a cool down but it didn't have one before either. It's actually kind of needed to be honest as a flat out dodge is better then a small heal, esp in groups. I'm curious to see what arena set is now as well
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It shows the selfishness in your complaints. You're worried about how it affects you personally and not the game and the community as a whole.
    You erroneously believe that nerfing spell crit measurably makes stamina builds any better, and also that the general concept of nerfing things to buff other things is a good idea.

Your opinions on game balance are horribly toxic and in no way benefit the "greater good."
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what needs nerfing is impenetrable trait, makes both spell crit and weapon crit builds kinda pointless
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 10, 2014 2:37PM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You erroneously believe that nerfing spell crit measurably makes stamina builds any better, and also that the general concept of nerfing things to buff other things is a good idea.

Your opinions on game balance are horribly toxic and in no way benefit the "greater good."

Nerfing spell crit doesn't make stamina builds better, but it does help close the gap between them and magicka builds, therefor making stamina builds more viable vs magicka build viability. Lowering the gap between two things = more balanced. I'm done with this conversation though because it's not remotely productive or amusing. I'm gonna go play the game.

Edited by LtCrunch on July 10, 2014 2:30PM
    NerdSauce Gaming

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if we assume magicka builds were OP in the first place, would that make this spell crit 'nerf' easier to stomach? But as some one said, the game is always going to be adjusting, just go with it, not worth getting stressed over. My NB's looking forward to throwing in some melee now (and yes I'm a spell crit build).
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do 4 sets add weapon critical but only one set adds spell critical? I'll be losing 6% spell critical with this patch.

Because magicka has inner light, nothing like that for stamina.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »
    Why do 4 sets add weapon critical but only one set adds spell critical? I'll be losing 6% spell critical with this patch.

Because magicka has inner light, nothing like that for stamina.
    Please read the thread. Stamina can reach just 1% less than spell crit without any of the downsides of using Inner Light.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nerfing spell crit doesn't make stamina builds better, but it does help close the gap between them and magicka builds, therefor making stamina builds more viable vs magicka build viability. Lowering the gap between two things = more balanced. I'm done with this conversation though because it's not remotely productive or amusing. I'm gonna go play the game.
    Do you know what also closes the gap between the two? All of the buffs stamina has been getting and will continue to keep getting.

Nerfs to magicka to buff stamina are. not. necessary.
  • pitdemon_ESO
    pitdemon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For the guy asking about a cd on just bark, it doesn't have a cool down but it didn't have one before either. It's actually kind of needed to be honest as a flat out dodge is better then a small heal, esp in groups

I believe every other heal or damage shield on a set has a "This can occur no more than x times in x seconds", I don't think it's too much to ask, even if it's just 3-4 seconds and only exists in Cyrodiil.

Blocking while chugging pots and tossing instant-cast abilities is quite broken enough without adding this on top of it.

The Grixxitt of Melek - Alfar Nightblade
    Grixx of the Reach - Crafter/Reachwitch/Sorceror

Must...downvote...stupidity... (clicks sidebar furiously)
  • nickersy
    nickersy
    ✭✭
    at least they added more weapon sets to boost weapon crit
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really like all my wax back for creating my set. This is absolutely ridiculous. This is going to cost well over 100k to rebuild my loadout, and sweeping changes like this should not be a PENALTY to every player that put a lot of time in farming.

Unreal.
    Edited by psufan5 on July 10, 2014 3:28PM

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the guy asking about a cd on just bark, it doesn't have a cool down but it didn't have one before either. It's actually kind of needed to be honest as a flat out dodge is better then a small heal, esp in groups

I believe every other heal or damage shield on a set has a "This can occur no more than x times in x seconds", I don't think it's too much to ask, even if it's just 3-4 seconds and only exists in Cyrodiil.

Blocking while chugging pots and tossing instant-cast abilities is quite broken enough without adding this on top of it.

That's the thing, this change is actually a nerf. It's actually far stronger right now
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »
    I would really like all my wax back for creating my set. This is absolutely ridiculous. This is going to cost well over 100k to rebuild my loadout, and sweeping changes like this should not be a PENALTY to every player that put a lot of time in farming.

Unreal.

This. While I love the changes coming to vet content and the way some of these sets look now, it is easier for me to swallow at v6. What are they going to do to make things up to the players who are already end game? Just because they are v12 doesn't make dreugh wax drop more or cost less. At least according to patch notes they realized they need to give free skill respecs when changing skills like they have been, so maybe they will see this too?
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This Hist Bark looks promising. (tank)
    Also Hunding Rage / Night Mother (dps)
    Song of Lamae and Vampire looks weaker

We need to see if soft caps are affected because all this + health will go to waist