Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Now that mist form is out of the way, next up - Bolt Escape!

• Kraigan
    Kraigan
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    Ideas the make sense go here

Thank you for actually being one of the few who understand how things are supposed to be.

If you're going to change someone's quote, especially to something that's supposed to "make sense", shouldn't you try to make the quote...make sense?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asava wrote: »
    I've mention fire grip in 3 of the 5 threads this epitome of fairness has been crying on and he still says that I'm the stupid one that needs to learn to play. At this point it's just fun watching him repeat the same old tired argument with others that tell him exactly the same thing in every thread. Then we get to watch him call them idiots and that they don't know how to play. Then the icing on the cake, his bash cheese video that he's so proud of.... win/win I tell ya!!

Its frustrating that its been allowed to go on this long. I don't know why the community team isn't enforcing their rules.

But I encourage everyone to make liberal use to report button when you do see someone who seems to be repeatedly trolling threads.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Kraigan
    Kraigan
    Fiery gripping a running target so they can't escape your onslaught? Nonsense! It makes much more sense to just sprint after them mashing left click fruitlessly!

You do, of course, realize that fiery gripping a target provides CC immunity to that target so that they can escape with greater ease, right?

• Kraigan
    Kraigan
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Its frustrating that its been allowed to go on this long. I don't know why the community team isn't enforcing their rules.

But I encourage everyone to make liberal use to report button when you do see someone who seems to be repeatedly trolling threads.

I know, right, it's almost like you'd think that people posting blatant lies, spreading misinformation about the PTS changes, game mechanics, etc would be punished somehow.
    Edited by Kraigan on May 9, 2014 11:25PM
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    I've mention fire grip in 3 of the 5 threads this epitome of fairness has been crying on and he still says that I'm the stupid one that needs to learn to play. At this point it's just fun watching him repeat the same old tired argument with others that tell him exactly the same thing in every thread. Then we get to watch him call them idiots and that they don't know how to play. Then the icing on the cake, his bash cheese video that he's so proud of.... win/win I tell ya!!

If only Fiery Grip moved as fast as an instant cast teleport.

Keep making use of the report button, maybe it'll give you an actually reasonable argument instead of what you currently put up.
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    Ideas the make sense go here

Thank you for actually being one of the few who understand how things are supposed to be.

If you're going to change someone's quote, especially to something that's supposed to "make sense", shouldn't you try to make the quote...make sense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

Just...sigh
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭

Keep making use of the report button, maybe it'll give you an actually reasonable argument instead of what you currently put up.

I've been yanked back to a DK right after BE fired and moved me to a new location. Your retort was that I went AFK after hitting BE. Just quit trolling already.
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭

I've been yanked back to a DK right after BE fired and moved me to a new location. Your retort was that I went AFK after hitting BE. Just quit trolling already. [/quote]

Saying I'm trolling because I want the game to be balanced doesn't mean I'm actually trolling. So you got pulled back and then what happened? Did you Bolt Escape two more times and get away? Because you would have been immune to CC after the pull. That is not a hard counter, none of the people defending seem to understand what a hard counter is, you use an ability and then I use the hard counter to it and it stops you cold, it doesn't let you get away. Once again a hard, a hard counter will counter everytime, not once and awhile.
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    Fiery gripping a running target so they can't escape your onslaught? Nonsense! It makes much more sense to just sprint after them mashing left click fruitlessly!

You do, of course, realize that fiery gripping a target provides CC immunity to that target so that they can escape with greater ease, right?

You Do realize that's entirely situational, right?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • Soban
    Soban
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a sorc and I've never had a problem vs bolt escape. Have you guys tried bolt escaping after the sorc to catch them?
    <BiS>
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soban wrote: »
    I'm a sorc and I've never had a problem vs bolt escape. Have you guys tried bolt escaping after the sorc to catch them?

This made me lol.

Getting a Sorc in your group is another good option guys. Remember that ESO PvP is Alliance vs Alliance, not Class vs Class.

Presumably, you all have Sorcerers in your Alliance.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Nick_Klaus
    Not sure if already posted, but they are doing something regarding Bolt escape:

PTS patch 1.1 (was posted on reddit)

"Bolt Escape, Streak, Ball of Lightning (new effect – “Magicka regeneration is haulted for x”)''

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-craglorn-beta-skill-calculator-patch-1-1/
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    Stop tunnel visioning the sorc who is trying to run away. If he really wants to go, let him, since you're clearly ill-equipped to catch him (its not impossible, its just hard to do, which is exactly how it should be using a *** skill with the word ESCAPE in it).

He he, tunnel vision says it all. Yesterday i saw over 50 Ebonheart players chasing after one (!) Aldmeri sorcerer who bolted away. There were a lot of other Aldmeris which they could have gone after, no, they decided to chase that single sorcerer.

They people crying loudest here are players, who run around in packs ganking solo players and then are angry if they escape.

Bolt Escape should be let unchanged because it gives morons something to do. :grinning:
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragos wrote: »
    Later in that thread he admits that talon spam doesnt bother him because he uses a sorc with bolt escape. That right there tells you his mindset.

Absolutely shows my mindset. I don't care about how skills personally affect me, since Talons does not. I care about whether they are balanced or unbalanced, how that affects the meta of the game, and how the meta of the game affects players enjoyment and the longevity of the game.

Thanks for watching.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Dragos
    Dragos
    Later in that thread he admits that talon spam doesnt bother him because he uses a sorc with bolt escape. That right there tells you his mindset.

Absolutely shows my mindset. I don't care about how skills personally affect me, since Talons does not. I care about whether they are balanced or unbalanced, how that affects the meta of the game, and how the meta of the game affects players enjoyment and the longevity of the game.

Thanks for watching.

-posts thread claiming talons is the most op skill in the game.

-claims to have no problem with talon spam because of bolt escape.

-posts vid of talon spamming dk catching and killing a bolt escape sorc as proof that bolt escape isnt op.

If you want me to spell it out for you i will. I didnt last post because i figured you would want to save face.

You are an abuser and liar. You obviously get stomped by talon spamming dks quite often. I know this not only because of the huge talon whine thread you made, but also because its the build you chose to show to prove that BE sorcs cant escape 100% of the time. If you have no problem with talon dks, why did you choose that spec for the video? The simplest answer is usually the correct one: you die to talon spam a lot, so you knew you could catch and kill a sorc with that build.

Instead of admitting your own shortcomings in the talon whine thread, you claim that its op and ruining the entire game....oh, but not for you. You are just too leet to be bothered by the most op skill setup in the game. We all worship your endless wisdom and compassion, really we do.

Basically, you refuse to admit to any wrongs, failures or to abusing op skills like bolt escape, yet expect us to take your word for it, or some propaganda video, that you know everything there is to know about what is op and why. Get real. FFS, you claim that talon>everything, yet bolt escape>talon. Oh, but bolt escape isnt op but talons is. Rofl.

Your mindset is that of an elitist who rages about one skill because its annoying, widely considered op and kills you a lot, yet you spread misinformation about your own op skill, which btw is also widely considered op by many.

You can fool some people some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time.
    Edited by Dragos on May 10, 2014 3:47AM
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Counters to Bolt escape Video take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kfzJ1lNlU4
  • Alandauron
    Alandauron
    ✭✭✭

-posts vid of talon spamming dk catching and killing a bolt escape sorc as proof that bolt escape isnt op.

If you want me to spell it out for you i will. I didnt last post because i figured you would want to save face.

You are an abuser and liar. You obviously get stomped by talon spamming dks quite often. I know this not only because of the huge talon whine thread you made, but also because its the build you chose to show to prove that BE sorcs cant escape 100% of the time. If you have no problem with talon dks, why did you choose that spec for the video? The simplest answer is usually the correct one: you die to talon spam a lot, so you knew you could catch and kill a sorc with that build.

Instead of admitting your own shortcomings in the talon whine thread, you claim that its op and ruining the entire game....oh, but not for you. You are just too leet to be bothered by the most op skill setup in the game. We all worship your endless wisdom and compassion, really we do.

Basically, you refuse to admit to any wrongs, failures or to abusing op skills like bolt escape, yet expect us to take your word for it, or some propaganda video, that you know everything there is to know about what is op and why. Get real. FFS, you claim that talon>everything, yet bolt escape>talon. Oh, but bolt escape isnt op but talons is. Rofl.

Your mindset is that of an elitist who rages about one skill because its annoying, widely considered op and kills you a lot, yet you spread misinformation about your own op skill, which btw is also widely considered op by many.

You can fool some people some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time.
    This guys obviously gets owned by BE because he does nothing except whine about how OP BE is.

Basically, you try to make everyone focus on other players in order to cover up your own shortcomings against BE.

If you had a slight amount of intelligence you would see what he is saying, but instead you pathetically attempt to twist his words for your own benefit.
    1. I HATE Bolt Escape
    2. I wish I could always kill the BE sorcs
    3. I have argued this point with @NordJitsu‌ before
    4. I tweaked my build and made sure I had some pursuit skills
    5. I managed to catch and kill a few BE sorcs
    6. I died easier to groups due to that build(but I could catch and kill those sorcs!)

If you're looking for an "I win everything" build then you're not gonna get it. That's exactly what the devs are trying to prevent. You shouldn't be able to kill everyone every time, 2 people with equal skill, one with focus DPS single target, other with survivability/built for group engagements.

The single target DPS should always win that fight 1v1, but if that same player gets caught in group vs group they aren't quite as effective. That player with the build for survivability will likely have someone healing him while he stays in the face of that DPS.

You can interrupt the BE, you can CC them mid BE, you can root them mid BE. There are several counters, just make sure someone in your group has one of those counters. If you run around solo and expect to always win...well enjoy your lonely little world.

Talons is a separate thread btw, and a completely unrelated topic, go comment in there if you have something to say.
  • Dragos
    Dragos
    Alandauron wrote: »

This guys obviously gets owned by BE because he does nothing except whine about how OP BE is.

Basically, you try to make everyone focus on other players in order to cover up your own shortcomings against BE.

If you had a slight amount of intelligence you would see what he is saying, but instead you pathetically attempt to twist his words for your own benefit.
    1. I HATE Bolt Escape
    6. I died easier to groups due to that build(but I could catch and kill those sorcs!)

If you're looking for an "I win everything" build then you're not gonna get it. That's exactly what the devs are trying to prevent. You shouldn't be able to kill everyone every time, 2 people with equal skill, one with focus DPS single target, other with survivability/built for group engagements.

The single target DPS should always win that fight 1v1, but if that same player gets caught in group vs group they aren't quite as effective. That player with the build for survivability will likely have someone healing him while he stays in the face of that DPS.

You can interrupt the BE, you can CC them mid BE, you can root them mid BE. There are several counters, just make sure someone in your group has one of those counters. If you run around solo and expect to always win...well enjoy your lonely little world.

Talons is a separate thread btw, and a completely unrelated topic, go comment in there if you have something to say.

Everything you said is invalid because i main a sorc healer (double resto staff) and planned on using BE myself because...why wouldn't I? It's obviously OP, so a pvp oriented person like myself wouldn't pass on something like that.

Another reason why everything you said was useless is because I never even made it far enough to unlock bolt escape ROFL. I quit this trash game already. I'm like...lvl 24 or something...i forget cuz i dont care. I have nothing holding me back from tellin it how it is. Doesn't take a genius to figure out which skills are OP in a game with balance as bad as this one. I mean, they let dk vamps virtually gain the power of a raid boss haha...so yea, there are other skills you can abuse still in the game, such as talons and bolt escape. There's a reason dk and sorc are way more popular than templar and nightblade...
  • Alandauron
    Alandauron
    ✭✭✭
    Another reason why everything you said was useless is because I never even made it far enough to unlock bolt escape ROFL. I quit this trash game already.

And this is exactly why your opinion means absolutely squat. If you aren't able to play the game and test counters then you know absolutely squat about the game.

P.S. If you don't care...why are you on here...oh wait, to troll. Have a nice day troll! ;)
  • Dragos
    Dragos
    Another reason why everything you said was useless is because I never even made it far enough to unlock bolt escape ROFL. I quit this trash game already.

And this is exactly why your opinion means absolutely squat. If you aren't able to play the game and test counters then you know absolutely squat about the game.

P.S. If you don't care...why are you on here...oh wait, to troll. Have a nice day troll! ;)

I have no reason to deny being a troll. I knew the BE defenders would hate hearing the truth, so I figured I'd jump in and spew some. You see, i don't try to spin things, unlike some people who like to look like they're some elite pvp'r who uses Skill Escape or Broken Talons because they like them, OPness be damned!

I am a hardcore pvp'r as well. I pvp'd for hours and hours on end for the two weeks or so I played. I've seen the vamps 1v20. I've seen the talon spamming dk. I've seen the BE abusing sorcs. I know OPness when I see it. As many other have said, even if there is a dedicated, specialized build that can shut down talon spam, destroy vamps or kill BE sorcs, it doesn't matter. Because, that vamp, dk or sorc isn't using dedication and specialization, they're using skills that are all around better to the point that a single skill, or a small collection of powerful abilities that sync, puts themselves above ANY build that isn't a build meant to directly counter them. That is the very definition of OP. Absolutely nothing else matters. It is OP.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. I HATE Bolt Escape

Everything you said is invalid because i main a sorc healer (double resto staff) and planned on using BE myself because...why wouldn't I? It's obviously OP, so a pvp oriented person like myself wouldn't pass on something like that.

Another reason why everything you said was useless is because I never even made it far enough to unlock bolt escape ROFL. I quit this trash game already. I'm like...lvl 24 or something...i forget cuz i dont care. I have nothing holding me back from tellin it how it is. Doesn't take a genius to figure out which skills are OP in a game with balance as bad as this one. I mean, they let dk vamps virtually gain the power of a raid boss haha...so yea, there are other skills you can abuse still in the game, such as talons and bolt escape. There's a reason dk and sorc are way more popular than templar and nightblade...

You are representative of the majority of the nerf ______ crowd.

You've never used the skill. You haven't reached a high enough level to actually participate properly in PvP. You've already quit the game, but still come to the forums to whine.

Behold the standard of the "Nerf Bolt Escape" crowd!!!
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Alandauron
    Alandauron
    ✭✭✭
    I have no reason to deny being a troll. I knew the BE defenders would hate hearing the truth, so I figured I'd jump in and spew some. You see, i don't try to spin things, unlike some people who like to look like they're some elite pvp'r who uses Skill Escape or Broken Talons because they like them, OPness be damned!

I am a hardcore pvp'r as well. I pvp'd for hours and hours on end for the two weeks or so I played. I've seen the vamps 1v20. I've seen the talon spamming dk. I've seen the BE abusing sorcs. I know OPness when I see it. As many other have said, even if there is a dedicated, specialized build that can shut down talon spam, destroy vamps or kill BE sorcs, it doesn't matter. Because, that vamp, dk or sorc isn't using dedication and specialization, they're using skills that are all around better to the point that a single skill, or a small collection of powerful abilities that sync, puts themselves above ANY build that isn't a build meant to directly counter them. That is the very definition of OP. Absolutely nothing else matters. It is OP.
    Honestly that's not because DKs and Sorcs are OP. It's because NB is broken and Gimplar needs to be tweaked.

Once NB skills are fixed then there will be a direct counter class to the sorc. Once Templar gets tweaked they will have more than a couple useful skills.

Templars have 1 or 2 GREAT skills that players whine about, but besides spamming those couple of great skills they really don't have anything else except survivability. It's essentially the ONLY class that has a specialization, healer.(I'm aware many believe Templar skills are OP, maybe those 2 are but look at the rest of their skills).

BE is not OP, ZOS has fixed certain NB skills in the current PTS version, they just need to roll out those fixes to live so NBs can be the sorc counter. DKs, you guys can just get over the fact that 1 class can actually survive your onslaught.
  • ZOS_JordanH
    Greetings, all. This is a friendly reminder to refrain from personal attacks while engaging in debate. Please keep the discussion polite, civil, and on-topic. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dragos
    Dragos

1. I HATE Bolt Escape

You are representative of the majority of the nerf ______ crowd.

You've never used the skill. You haven't reached a high enough level to actually participate properly in PvP. You've already quit the game, but still come to the forums to whine.

Behold the standard of the "Nerf Bolt Escape" crowd!!!

Thank you for all your compliments.

It's a personal pleasure of mine to put abusers who deny that their leetness comes from an in-game skill, not their player skill, in their place. You're obviously a big pvp guy. So am I. Therefore, I know that serious pvp players will use the OP skills. It helps you win, and we all like to win. You use bolt escape. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Imagine if bolt escape were disabled tomorrow. Think about how much having that one skill taken away would affect your playstyle. It's not like bolt escape only works for your particular build; you don't need to build around bolt escape. You can use whatever you want on a sorc. Healer, aoe bomber, single target burster...no matter what you want to do, having bolt escape makes you tremendously better at it compared to not having it. End of story.
    Edited by Dragos on May 10, 2014 5:56AM
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now in pvp, my guildies are rerolling sorcerors to be competitive. The class is so broken with escape mechanics that can be used both offensively and defensively. Soon there will be 70-80% sorceror players in cyrodiil, people are already rerolling.
  • gunslinger3440

Everyone can break out of cc not just sorcs, what is your point?

>The point was, stun lock them, cc them, is not a EFFECTIVE stopper to BE.
    A magika build will be using it alot less often then a stamina build since it costs an arm and a leg and you need that stamina to block/roll/etc, further more the stamina builds can wear sets and have passives greatly reducing the stamina consumption on cc break/sprinting/etc. You mentioned dark conversion, are you aware that, as the name states, converts stamina into magika/hps? Now if you used your stamina to break away how would you convert it? Your point is invalid.

>CC breaking once does not take away much of your stamina, and you will be immune to CC after that.
    When you get VR10 and gear up you will have something near, 3kHP 1.8kMP 1.8kSP with food light, medium, heavy it does not matter, you will softcap.
    And with those stats, CC breaking once does not take much of your stamina away.
    Sorcs not being to Convert after a single CC break does not apply to VR10PVP.
    If you mean Rank50ishPVP, I get your point and I agree.
    Last time i checked stun works and cc works, bolt doesnt give you any immunity to aither, you might have been hitting a target with immovable and retreating manuver up (bolt escape also removes retreating manuver as its considered an atack). Ohh, both the above mentioned skills have a very high stamina cost thus very sittuational for a magika build. Your point is invalid.

>Simply CCing a Sorc does not work against Sorcs BEing away because they will be immune to it after they CCbreak a single time.
    You can Stun a Sorc once and they will CC break and BE away.
    They will have over 1000 stamina left after the single CC break.

After that the Sorc will BE a few times, use Dark Conversion, and BE away the horizon. Also, he can repeat that forever.

It would have been much more helpful if you elaborated on a build that could kill BE Sorcs.
  • gunslinger3440
    BE would not need a nerf if there was a SOLID counter that works near 50% against a decent VR10 Sorc BEing away after attacking you once.

Sadly, there is none, therefore BE will get nerfed.

Its really not the BE's fault, if you just consider the BE skill itself, its not really a excellent skill in a battle itself.
    IF Cyrodiil wasn't this HUGE.
    IF there was no need to RIDE between keeps.
    IF there was no conversion.
    IF there was a skill to unable BE from being used.
    IF you could not set up camps for your fallen buddies.

Also, Extended Chains, Shield Charge, doesn't work against a decent sorc when you're doing 1VS1 combat, because they have 360 ° to BE to.
    Even in mass combat situations the guy 10 meters right to you will most likely NOT be able to effectively attack a sorc who BE'd in front of him.

Disabling BE when the Sorc is CC'd or in CC immune status would be a decent nerf.

Sorcs being able to bolt away is fine.
    Sorcs being able to bolt away after talons, shield stuns,snares is OP in the Cyrodiil PVP mechanisms.
  • prana33b14_ESO
    prana33b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Haha bads are mad because a skill with ESCAPE in the name allows a player to actually do that. After they nerf it because of all the bads crying, maybe they can change the name too. How about "Bolt forward two feet so you can get killed"?