Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Now that mist form is out of the way, next up - Bolt Escape!

• gunslinger3440
    Haha bads are mad because a skill with ESCAPE in the name allows a player to actually do that. After they nerf it because of all the bads crying, maybe they can change the name too. How about "Bolt forward two feet so you can get killed"?

How about changing Death Stroke to "Hurt Someone Moderately" ?

And the bads are the no brainer BE Sorcs in this case.
    Edited by gunslinger3440 on May 11, 2014 3:31AM
  • Soban
    Soban
    ✭✭✭
    Haha bads are mad because a skill with ESCAPE in the name allows a player to actually do that. After they nerf it because of all the bads crying, maybe they can change the name too. How about "Bolt forward two feet so you can get killed"?

Change Death Stroke to "Hurt Someone Moderately" in that case.

And the bads are the nobrainer BE Sorcs in this case.

To be fair, Death Stroke can crit 2300+.

Edit: without sneak that is
    Edited by Soban on May 11, 2014 3:25AM
    <BiS>
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nah, they'll change the name to: "Bolt StayintheSamePlaceAndLetMeKillYou"

Or, "Bolt Sitspalmky" for short.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Since we are all being dumb because Bolt has Escape in its name, why can you use Bolt "Escape" offensively, with damage and stuns, even when not running away? Now, lets get away from the idea that the name is important, and focus on what actually matters.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 11, 2014 3:44AM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @beravinprb19_ESO‌

Agreed. Names don't matter.

Reflective Scales should make you take extra damage against projectiles, Dark Cloak should make you glow bright yellow, and Retreating Maneuvers should apply a snare to yourself.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    @beravinprb19_ESO‌

Agreed. Names don't matter.

Reflective Scales should make you take extra damage against projectiles, Dark Cloak should make you glow bright yellow, and Retreating Maneuvers should apply a snare to yourself.
    By your logic, Eruption should turn me into a volcano, and Dragon Leap should turn me into a leaping Dragon. If you can't see the flaw in this logic, there is nothing left to say. Also, you have yet to explain why an ability called "Escape" can be used to attack other players.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 11, 2014 4:02AM
  • Raggok
    Raggok
    ✭✭
    And regardless, even without CC, YOU CAN STILL CATCH THEM. Bow Roll Dodge. Path of Darkness. Steed Stone. Well Fitted Trait. Roll an Orc. Potion to Increase Run Speed. Ect. ect.

There he goes again...

All of that to try to counter a single ability. He doesn't even realize how absurd he is. Kind of funny. Kind of sad.

And, of course, a sorcerer can do all of the stuff he listed above except cast Path. The logic fail is strong with this one.
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    here's a simple idea make them way more powerful so those pesky sorc don't need to escape...it will give you something to whine about later so everyone is happy.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raggok wrote: »
    And regardless, even without CC, YOU CAN STILL CATCH THEM. Bow Roll Dodge. Path of Darkness. Steed Stone. Well Fitted Trait. Roll an Orc. Potion to Increase Run Speed. Ect. ect.

There he goes again...

All of that to try to counter a single ability. He doesn't even realize how absurd he is. Kind of funny. Kind of sad.

And, of course, a sorcerer can do all of the stuff he listed above except cast Path. The logic fail is strong with this one.

And there you go again pretending like those things need to be aggregated, rather than used solo or in small combos. They are multiple options, not one option combined of multiple skills.

I'm sorry that you haven't figured out how to fight this build. Let me know you're alliance and I'd be happy to come do some sparring with you to help you figure it out (sincere offer.)

I suspect you'll turn me down. Because you don't want help, facts, ect. You want to whine.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • gunslinger3440
    Raggok wrote: »

There he goes again...

So....Reroll an Orc. Use Steed Stone. Reroll to a NB. Use Speed potions. Change gear trait to well fitted.

WOW,is he for real?

If it takes this much to counter a single build. THAT BUILD IS VERY OP

And the sad thing is, if a sorc used conversion AND equilibrium, you will not catch up to him even with that build.
    Edited by gunslinger3440 on May 11, 2014 4:21AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs magika regens normally yea? while bolting?...even when they are hit with spells?..do they come out of combat that quickly?
  • Kraigan
    Kraigan
    Forget trying to catch a sorcerer for a second. What if ANY other class wants to escape a fight? Should they be required to sacrifice their entire build in order to achieve a pale imitation of the functionality of bolt escape?
  • gunslinger3440
    sorcs magika regens normally yea? while bolting?...even when they are hit with spells?..do they come out of combat that quickly?

No they don't.
    I don't know who you are talking to since you didn't quote,and not many people are focusing their discussion on the magica regen of sorcs, but since this thread is about BE, I'll add some actually informative info on sorc magica management.

Sorcs gain magica by,Cheap magica pots, Conversion, Equilibrium.
  • gunslinger3440
    Asava wrote: »

I've been yanked back to a DK right after BE fired and moved me to a new location. Your retort was that I went AFK after hitting BE. Just quit trolling already.

You got yanked back because you BE'd right into the DK's reticle.
    Most skilled sorcs don't BE right into a DK's reticle. A DK that is shield bashing you, is most likely looking at you, so its not hard to predict a DK's FOV.
  • Tanthul
    Tanthul
    ✭✭
    Really bad arguments there. I'll elaborate:
    dsalter wrote: »
    it was nerfed due to it being more useful then the morph for a CLASS, not to mention stacking so a sorc could go lightning for for the speed boost and use elusive. meaning they achieved 80% move speed, thats without the AvA speed boost, making them outrun any mount available.

a) It was not more powerful than the morph for a class skill. Unless you count only speed and not any other plus or minus. That's flawed logic.
    b) Stacking is an issue. Nerfing a skill because it can be stacked with another specific skill is also flawed logic. In that case you just make these 2 skills not stackable and you fix the problem. You don't make one of the skills useless.
    now for a "bonus" skill tree, being more useful then a class ability is kinda broken, especially since it makes you nigh impossible to target directly, even elusive on it's own outran most mounts (and i know, i use it) so i'm glad it got nerfed, since it's already got a built in 75% damage intake reduction as well as a speed boost and stun immunity, lets not allow it to overshadow lightning form eh? ooh and just a heads up, it made it near impossible to catch a scroll carrier.

a) First of all a bonus tree skill being more useful than a class ability is not broken. Secondly it was not actually more useful. It was more useful in specific cases only and had (and still has) severe drawbacks. But that is how it is supposed to be. Some skills are useful for some situations and others for other situations. If you want your class skills to be better than anything other you can learn in EVERY case, then sorry but I do not like the game you describe and I do not want to play it. Good thing it is not ESO.

b) Elusive on its own could outrun no mount at all. That statement is absolutely bogus. Unless you're talking about a level 1 Imperial Horse...in that case I should not even bother to reply..

c) It has 75% damage reduction yes. But you are neglecting to mention that it also has inability to use any skill, immunity to heals, inability to break roots (just root someone spamming to run and watch them how fast they die) and of course it comes with fire vulnerability and vulnerability to the fighter guild's skills and passives REGARDLESS on if you even have it slotted. Also In order to make it spamable (out of combat ONLY) you have to be on stage 4 vampirism which ALSO reduces your health regeneration...

And you are comparing it to Boundless Storm morph of the Lightning Form skill which is very cheap to cast even without Expert Mage passive which makes it even cheaper, gives you Armor and SR, less movement speed than Elusive Mist, PBAOE damage around you, lasts 6 seconds instead of 4 and has no drawback whatsoever! And after doing this comparison you can claim that Elusive Mist (an entirely situational/tactical skill) is better than Boundless Storm and needed to be speed nerfed to the speed of Boundless Storm. If you can't see the flaw in you argument by now then I am pretty sure you never will.

d) A scroll carrier that is spamming Elusive Mist is actually easier to kill due to the the fact that Elusive Mist does not break Roots so they're stuck for 4 seconds on the spot without being able to receive any heals from their team. Burst them down. Game over. Learn the game mechanics maybe?

Bottom line is that Elusive Mist is now absolutely useless. It had tactical usage and now it has none. It has been removed from my bar. In fact if there wasn't for the Stealth Speed bonus on Vampire (which still has tactical usage despite the sever drawbacks that come with it) I would ditch Vampire altogether right now as it is now almost as bad as Werewolf.

I stand by my original statement here on what is actually needed for both Vampire and Werewolf lines: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/788420/#Comment_788420

Also Bolt Escape is perfectly fine. Learn how to counter it (I guess a lot of people don't like tactical/utility morphs and prefer taking Poison Injection instead of Venom Arrow that does wonders on someone trying to run with Bolt Escape-for example.)

Lay off Bolt Escape and stop calling for nerfs because you don't know how to counter something. Stop asking for entire skills to become useless.
    There are things out there that need nerfing and almost noone is mentioning them (eg DK Talons+Standard+Inhale+Ultimate cost reduction stacking combo)... Most of the real issues with the game right now stem from one thing only and that's insane ultimate cost reduction stacking/ultimate building.
    Edited by Tanthul on May 11, 2014 2:15PM
    Beshaba Tanthul, Leader of the Dark Moon PVP Guild (AD EU Scourge).
    Developer of Cyrodiil Alert addon.
    Indie software/game developer.

Solidarity to the PVP players of Scourge EU&NA
    : Thread Here
  • gunslinger3440
    Tanthul wrote: »

Also Bolt Escape is perfectly fine. Learn how to counter it (I guess a lot of people don't like tactical/utility morphs and prefer taking Poison Injection instead of Venom Arrow that does wonders on someone trying to run with Bolt Escape-for example.)

Lay off Bolt Escape and stop calling for nerfs because you don't know how to counter something. Stop asking for entire skills to become useless.

I totally agree with you with everything else except for these lines.
    Poison Injection will NOT kill a HP3000 Sorc.
    Poison Injection IS NOT a solid counter to BE.
    I really don't see why a smart guy like you would mention a DOT as a solid counter to BE.

But I see your other opinions on Vamp+DK are good, so I gotta ask, I'm desperate.

How do you counter a BE Sorc that shoots you off your horse and immediately BE's away?
    Its really annoying to get knocked off the horse and get stuck in combat status for minutes when you're running between keeps.

Also,if we actually fought for a few moments, I can kill the noobish ones who BE right away from me with 4 to 5 Invasions.
    The skilled ones who puts you in the line of BE and stuns you so they can use their second BE safely are really hard to kill and I see no good counter.

Any Ideas on the 2 combat situations?
    Anything that would work around 40% and up is very appreciated.

Edit: I think you need my specs to give a good advice so I'm adding it.
    vr10dk,ar14.
    retreating maneuver maxed out
    I use vr5 Speed+SP+WeaponP pots if needed.
    speed50%horse
    I've got most of my weapon skills maxed out so any weapon skill tactic would be fine.
    Edited by gunslinger3440 on May 11, 2014 4:20PM
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭

I've been yanked back to a DK right after BE fired and moved me to a new location. Your retort was that I went AFK after hitting BE. Just quit trolling already.

You got yanked back because you BE'd right into the DK's reticle.
    Most skilled sorcs don't BE right into a DK's reticle. A DK that is shield bashing you, is most likely looking at you, so its not hard to predict a DK's FOV.

How cute!! Too bad the camera angles in 3rd person don't rotate 180 degrees so I can see the DK's behind me spamming firey grip and talons. Nice passive aggressive way to try and say that I'm a baddie though kiddo. Enjoy your snack pack and nap.
  • gunslinger3440
    How cute!! Too bad the camera angles in 3rd person don't rotate 180 degrees so I can see the DK's behind me spamming firey grip and talons. Nice passive aggressive way to try and say that I'm a baddie though kiddo. Enjoy your snack pack and nap.

I don't really see the need for a Sorc to be able to rotate his camera 180 degrees for him to BE away to a direction that the DK is most likely not looking(which is around 90 degrees) or put the DK in the line of BE(which would not require any camera rotation on your first BE).
    If you are Rotating your camera 180 degrees from the DK and using BE, you are BE'ing right into the DK's reticle, and thats pretty much the only way that a BE sorc can get solidly countered.

I hope this helps you since you should not be having trouble BE'ing away. The 2 tactics are actually less work than rotating your camera 180 degrees, and it almost always works on solo PVP situations.

I'm not actually saying you'r a baddie... but most V10Sorcs do better, you should L2P before offering snack and naps to people if you want to have a good time in Cyridiil.
    If you're not V10 I take it all back, you could be a good Sorc for your rank.
    Edited by gunslinger3440 on May 12, 2014 3:50AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they don't.
    I don't know who you are talking to since you didn't quote,and not many people are focusing their discussion on the magica regen of sorcs, but since this thread is about BE, I'll add some actually informative info on sorc magica management.

Sorcs gain magica by,Cheap magica pots, Conversion, Equilibrium.

I wasn't quoting anyone. I was asking. See how that works?..Even pots have cooldowns...and equilibrium isn't a sorc only skill. ;)

The reason that I asked was I hit many a sorc with degenerate which is morphed..and that should keep them in combat for 12 secs or more(with in combat magika regen) and they're still able to perma BE?...something aint right..even with the occasional equlibrium or magika pot.

On top of that seeing as how when I kill someone i cant even mount my horse for a full minute plus afterwords , we are talking about their mana regen being strictly in combat.((unless its not)) :o

Im thinking the mana cost of turning your body into a bolt of lightning?...may not be enough ;)
    Edited by Tintinabula on May 12, 2014 4:12AM
  • gunslinger3440
    I wasn't quoting anyone. I was asking. See how that works?..Even pots have cooldowns...and equilibrium isn't a sorc only skill. ;)

Oh thank you for clarifying.
    "sorcs magika regens normally yea? while bolting?...even when they are hit with spells?..do they come out of combat that quickly?"
    so just a no would have been enough for your inquirie.

Though I do not understand you stating "equilibrium isn't a sorc only skill" as something of importance when this is a BE thread.
    As only a sorc can BE after equilibrium, and sorc BE is the theme of this thread.

Also, pots having cool downs are not very important when you have 2 mana gaining skills and pots which are more than enough to BE away from the fight.

But I understand if you just wanted to state "pots have cool downs""equilibrium isn't a sorc only skill"as random information.

I hope these information helps you further.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea a "no" would have sufficed rather assuming I was making a statement. All the bla bla bla long winded bullcrap after wasnt needed..

And as far as equilibrium goes.. the health to mana rate is what..1/3 your health in trade for a quarter mana?...so...for a few equilibriums a sorcs health would either be gone..or...BE isnt costing enough mana to begin with.
    Cause to be truthful...Im not seeing sorcs casting a mana conversion spell thats altering their health bar one bit during their BEs...good try though.
    Edited by Tintinabula on May 12, 2014 4:26AM
  • gunslinger3440
    yea a "no" would have sufficed rather assuming I was making a statement. All the bla bla bla long winded bullcrap after wasnt needed..

And as far as equilibrium goes.. the health to mana rate is what..1/3 your health in trade for a quarter mana?...so...for a few equilibriums a sorcs health would either be gone..or...BE isnt costing enough mana to begin with.
    Cause to be truthful...Im not seeing sorcs casting a mana conversion spell thats altering their health bar one bit during their BEs...good try though.

It was hard to assume you were asking that simple a question.
    I am sorry if I angered you for some reason by answering your question.

Yes, I also do not see Many sorcs casting a mana conversion spell thats altering their health bar one bit during their BEs.
    Did I say that I saw a sorc casting a mana conversion spell thats altering their health bar one bit during their BEs?

Though I have played long enough in cyridiil to have seen a few lowVR sorcs use equilibrium during their attempt to BE away.
    1 actually killed himself with it and surprised me.

Sorcs can BE safely away with pots and conversion, therefore no need to lessen their HP.
    Equiilibrium was merely part of an answer to your vague mana question.

Also, what did I try?
    Edited by gunslinger3440 on May 12, 2014 4:58AM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So....Immovable is the problem....erm potions are the problem.....I thought this was about Bolt Escape? Whatever, lets go with it.

Immovable clearly isn't available to other classes. Nope. Its tied into Bolt Escape.

Neither are potions. Potions only become active once you use Bolt Escape. Night Blades can't spam magicka pots to use their Path of Darkness as an Escape. Night Blades can't spam pots to keep themselves permanently invisible. No way no how.

You know, its becoming increasingly clear what the real problem is.

Players who use skills intelligently (eg. LoS with BE) and find effective combinations (Pots, Immovable) are over powered.

Again, Zenimax, please nerf player skill. It simply isn't fair that some people are better at the game than others and all players who are regularly winning fights need to have their stats and skills individually nerfed to bring them in line with all of us who can't figure out how to counter them.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha so now they're not using equilibrium but they're using Immovable instead?...no...immovable isnt THAT good. :D

I didnt bring up equilibrium...someone else did to explain where all that mana was coming from (rather than admit BE takes little mana)
    I asked about potions because i know most of the best magika pots out there and their CDs..nothing to sustain a magika burst for more than 15-20 secs.
    I also asked about their incombat magika regen in comparison to their out of combat magika regen cause if it IS using a respecatble amount of mana for that spell....they should have three bolts in them and nothing more for a minute or so IF theyre not in combat.

so keep dancing around the valid point that it doesnt take enough mana. They're not using mana pots...they dont need to..theyre not using equilibrium...they dont need to..its a mana cheap spell...and it shouldn't be.lol

P.S. Oh and before you start bringing up V10 armor sets with magika regen and health regen bonuses...not all these mages have those sets.
    Edited by Tintinabula on May 12, 2014 5:25AM
  • gunslinger3440
    Immovable clearly isn't available to other classes. Nope. Its tied into Bolt Escape..

I agree Immovable is not a problem.
    Neither are potions. Potions only become active once you use Bolt Escape. Night Blades can't spam magicka pots to use their Path of Darkness as an Escape. Night Blades can't spam pots to keep themselves permanently invisible. No way no how.

I agree potion is not a problem.
    And not many people are saying NB doing anything OP.
    Cheap OP builds get exploited very fast like the former batman build and current BE build so there probably is no OP NB build.
    You know, its becoming increasingly clear what the real problem is.

Players who use skills intelligently (eg. LoS with BE) and find effective combinations (Pots, Immovable) are over powered.

Again, Zenimax, please nerf player skill. It simply isn't fair that some people are better at the game than others and all players who are regularly winning fights need to have their stats and skills individually nerfed to bring them in line with all of us who can't figure out how to counter them.

I disagree on this one. Nerfing player skills will not be fun.
    Merely nerfing OP skills would be enough.

I saw your countering Bolt Escape video which was good on the NB part and sounded solid.
    If I was a NB I could probably catch the sorc with V5 speed+SP+Wpower pots, which is good to know.

But the part where you javelin the BE sorc doesn't work on most good sorcs which stun you when they are bolting away.
    Also they can just CC break and bolt again.

Do you have any more good counters?
    One for a DK would be nice.

I really need to kill them to prevent them from popping FC and killing low ranks and unmounting highVRs to delay reinforcements.
    Edited by gunslinger3440 on May 12, 2014 5:43AM
  • Helba
    Helba
    ✭✭
    Light armor 7/7 = 21%
    Worm Cult 5pc Set = 8%
    Seducers 3pc Set = 3%
    3 x Reduce spell cost by 18 Magicka Jewlery (Even more with legendary enchants)
    Attributes: 0/49/0

Total =

12 Bolt escapes in a row
    14 with a Magicka pot

With a full magicka bar and near max spell cost reduction but when it comes to pvp it has to be managed or I will quicky run low on magicka and will not have enough resources to fight at all. Against a good player spamming bolt escape is all or nothing move, either you die because you burn your resources on it or get away. Two things to keep in mind is that spell cost reduction has a cap comin gon the way and that this is a healer build, I do much less dps than someone who builds for crit.

How to counter Bolt Escape:

Gap Closers

Critical Charge (2H)
    Shield Charge (1H & S)
    Piercing Javelin (Templar)
    Focused Charge (Templar)
    Path of Darkness (Nightblade)
    Doge Rolling with Hasty Retreat (Bow)
    Extended Chains (Dragonknight)
    Invest in stamina (Horse)

Tools to use against a Sorceror:

Reflective Scale + Sustain (Dragonknights should never die to a sorceror.)
    Shadow Cloak (Stops projectiles) + Extremely High Burst + CC (Nightblades)
    Eclipse + Sun Shield + Sustain and Self Healing (Templars)
    Block (You can block the knock down and most of the dmg from crystal fragments)
    Interrupts (Poison Arrow from Bow or Crushing Shock from Destruction Staff because casting crystal fragments can easily be seen)
    Annulment (50% Incoming Spell damage reduction)
    Soul Assault (or any high damage ability to execute them before they even think to turn to escape)

Why aren't you using these things?

I joke about this with my guildies all the time but I mean it,"I rarely ever meet good DKs or pvpers in general. They don't know that spell reflect or block exists and eat crystal frags for no damn reason" and I'll probably keep saying it until the general population learns to play lol.

This is coming from a sorceror that pvps all day and a theorycrafter. It pains me to see how inexperienced players of other classes fail to use their own tools to fight a sorceror. Mobility is our bread and butter in pvp because the other three classes are able to win encounters against a sorceror because we lack high direct damage and sustain that the other classes have built in.

Just by looking at the skills from each class from a theorycrafting standpoint you can tell that sorcs are only good for chasing and escaping, of course good ones are unkillable because they don't pick the wrong fights. While good nightblades can literally 1 shot out of stealth, good DKs can tank and wipe dozens players and good templars deliver the best heals. I could go on about how to play your class but know this.

Good players/guilds have no problem dealing with sorcerors, nerfed or not it'll only hurt our hybrid builds and lower the skill cap in pvp. Crystal fragments is a pugstomp ability at best and can easily be countered and it's our main sorce of damage and is probably what most of you are dying to. If you are dying to that then take a step back and go ask the advice of pvpers who are more knowledgeable than you about how to counter it or ask me ingame @‌Helba or Sonya and I will teach you how to use your class effectively to deal with sorcerors. Thanks for reading.

I'm reposting this because I felt obligated to help out you newer players.

TLDR: Put on a 2H with critical charge or 1H&S with defensive posture and shield charge. You should have no problem with bolt escape with even just these two tools for a comptent pvper who knows the basics of pvp, the very basics.
    Edited by Helba on May 12, 2014 5:47AM
    Sonya ~ Mistral ~ Lenneth
    I am one of those who wants to live forever.
    From my point of view, Nirn came into being once I became conscious...
    and it will fade into nothing once I die.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @gunslinger3440‌

First of all, thank you for the mature post.

I may get a bit snarky or sarcastic in this conversation (above is an example) but that's only because I disdain people who flame bait, troll, exaggerate, and call for nerfs without understanding the mechanics.

For a DK, I'd suggest using Fiery Reach or Invasion followed by just spamming your shield bash into them. The bash will interrupt and effectively keep them from Bolting away.

Additionally, if this is something you're really concerned about, you can build for mobility. Medium Armor gives you more stamina to sprint. Bow gives you access to the roll dodge that increases your speed. The Steed stone will give you a bonus to speed. Well Fitted traits reduce your sprinting cost. Divines traits will increase the speed boost from the Steed stone. Speed Potions will make you run faster.

And again, you don't need to combine all those things together. They are options. Think of it like a buffet that you can pick and choose from to see what fits your build. Though all of those things together would be nasty fast.

Two of the DKs in my guild, both of whom are officers, run with quite a few of those options. They didn't do it specifically so they could catch BE sorcs though. Despite what some in this thread are saying, you wouldn't be gimping yourself just to catch Sorcs. There's all sorts of benefits to that kind of build (massive crit and weapon damage for example). Mobility itself will help you even when you aren't chasing sorcs. Getting back into keeps, running away from zergs, ect.

Now, all of that said. Lets pretend you're a DK, you don't use 1hnd Shield, and you don't want to build a mobility spec.

Letting them go seriously is a viable option. I don't meant that to be funny. So they leave and come back. So what? That's another opportunity for you to kill them. If you let the same Sorc get away twice, you're doing something wrong. Remember that you can continue to damage them as they move away. Just pooring on damage, using one chain pull, then pouring on more damage can be enough to kill them. If they use Ball of Lightning, focus on not projectile attacks like Force Shock.

In the majority of situations, letting them get away doesn't hurt you AT ALL. That's not to say its doesn't sometimes. But have you ever been in an organized PvP TS server? How often do you hear the words "don't chase" in every MMO? Not just this one and not just with Sorcs. Staying close to your group and not over extending to try and get a single kill is a great option if all else fails.

RECAP:

Shield bash to interrupt + damage
    Build your own mobility build
    Use damage plus a single gap closer (if you can burst)
    Let them go
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • gunslinger3440
    Helba wrote: »

Reflective Scale + Sustain (Dragonknights should never die to a sorceror.)
    Shadow Cloak (Stops projectiles) + Extremely High Burst + CC (Nightblades)
    Eclipse + Sun Shield + Sustain and Self Healing (Templars)
    Block (You can block the knock down and most of the dmg from crystal fragments)
    Interrupts (Poison Arrow from Bow or Crushing Shock from Destruction Staff because casting crystal fragments can easily be seen)
    Annulment (50% Incoming Spell damage reduction)
    Soul Assault (or any high damage ability to execute them before they even think to turn to escape)

Why aren't you using these things?

Oh, I understand a Sorc can never kill a similar rank DK 1 on 1 as a VR10DK.

The part about the shield charge for killing the Sorcs is the stuff that doesn't work with me.
    Since they stun me on their first BE and even if i break CC real fast, they have used their second BE already and have gotten easily out of range of shield charge.

How does one counter that?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @gunslinger3440‌

Well one thing you can do is to block the first Bolt. As shown in the video, it won't stun you if you're blocking. If you have any long range gap closer (22 m base, longer with passives if you're near a keep) then you can use that to catch up even if you do get stunned. If you are able to catch them 1 time and keep that shield bash up, then you should be in good shape.

Fiery Reach is a good gap closer for this simply because it doesn't cost stamina, allowing you to save that for the bash.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • gunslinger3440
    @gunslinger3440‌

For a DK, I'd suggest using Fiery Reach or Invasion followed by just spamming your shield bash into them. The bash will interrupt and effectively keep them from Bolting away.

RECAP:

Shield bash to interrupt + damage
    Build your own mobility build
    Use damage plus a single gap closer (if you can burst)
    Let them go

Very appreciated.

Just bashing them after I make a successful shield charge for cast stopping, sounds very solid. It should work.

And I agree that chasing a lone player running away in a RVR MMO's is not a good practice.

I will try Shield Charging once and bash lock, or if that fails just turn away.
    @gunslinger3440‌

Well one thing you can do is to block the first Bolt. As shown in the video, it won't stun you if you're blocking. If you have any long range gap closer (22 m base, longer with passives if you're near a keep) then you can use that to catch up even if you do get stunned. If you are able to catch them 1 time and keep that shield bash up, then you should be in good shape.

Fiery Reach is a good gap closer for this simply because it doesn't cost stamina, allowing you to save that for the bash.

Excellent!!
    Rock solid advice.
    That will work for my build.
    (I am not a fluent English speaker, no sarcasm)

Magica attack while blocking, wait for the Sorc to bolt, Sheild Charge or Fiery grip & Bash lock.
    or if that fails wave goodbye.

Thank you for being very helpful NordJitsu-san.
    Edited by gunslinger3440 on May 12, 2014 6:18AM