The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Altmer missing hair colour

Surinen
Surinen
✭✭✭
Valano.jpg
ElderScrollsOnline_THUMB.jpg

To be honest I do not even know if it is the best place to post it.
What I have noticed on official game screenshots, character presentation videos and in game: Altmer have black hair.

but it is not possible to choose black hair colour during character creation. please, look into it. I have no idea about developing games and such, but adding one colour should not be a big problem?
  1. http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140408004218/elderscrolls/images/e/e2/Valano.jpg
  1. http://assets1.ignimgs.com/vid/thumbnails/user/2013/06/10
Edited by Surinen on July 7, 2014 4:51PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you Abeille's evil twin? She's been on this "black hair for Altmer" crusade since approximately forever and /feedbacked it on every occassion. All in vain. I lost hope.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Are you Abeille's evil twin? She's been on this "black hair for Altmer" crusade since approximately forever and /feedbacked it on every occassion. All in vain. I lost hope.
    unfortunately pleasure of meeting this fine woman has not been bestowed upon me, but from your description of her exploits I gather that at least in one matter she and me, humble myself are of one minde.
    how can it be that colour of such importance is kept from us, locked and maybe abused in ways that would send shivers down spine of even the most austere of revenue services.

P.S. my ever flirtatious Rosveen, if not for my shallow feelings and mirror heart buried under frozen wastes then I would get hurt. for I'm not evil: for I bask in the light of the Morning Star. my wing span millenia, my words are binded by The Order.

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    no official response on this horrible issue?

in game character: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140408004218/elderscrolls/images/e/e2/Valano.jpg

please, fix this 'bug' and add black to character creation's colour palette
  • KORJ
    KORJ
    ✭✭
    And red hair for Khajiit
    Edited by KORJ on June 23, 2014 8:46PM
    FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
  • icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed when I couldn't make my altmers hair black. although I will say I have grown to like the copper color she has now.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    icengr_ESO wrote: »
    I was very disappointed when I couldn't make my altmers hair black. although I will say I have grown to like the copper color she has now.
    I can not make character for myself in ESO because of its lack. Everything looks wrong to me in these lighter tones. Black hair colour is exactly what I need to feel satisfied with my character. I'm glad it has worked for you.

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want friggin' black hair too T.T
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    @Yusuf All true Altmer fans want it! I appreciate your participation in this bug report thread. I think it would be beneficial for our cause to avoid calling it simply 'want'. There are probably many other races wanting many different colours.

What separates us from them is that Altmer npcs already have black hair and black haired Altmer was presented to us in promotional materials.

All that I-we ask for here is simply to fix this bug. no more and no less.

• GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly, my affinity for the dark locks has been easily eclipsed by others in this thread, the OP in particular. ;)

However, I do see this *mildly* over dramatic request as being a perfectly reasonable one.

If it were up for a vote, you would have mine.
    Black hair for the Altmer: /agree
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are certainly right @Surinen!
    Like stated above it was advertised that altmer would have black hair, even 2 male altmer were shown in the trailers (one in the character creation video, anybody who feels like it may post a link to a picture of it).
    And frankly, the darkest haircolour is barely darker than my skin so even on max settings, my eyebrows and beard are barely visible -.-

• Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    Like stated above it was advertised that altmer would have black hair, even 2 male altmer were shown in the trailers (one in the character creation video, anybody who feels like it may post a link to a picture of it).
    And frankly, the darkest haircolour is barely darker than my skin so even on max settings, my eyebrows and beard are barely visible -.-

Just wait for the dyes update.

If I can tint a steel armor you should be able to tint your hair.

As for your eyebrows, stop taking UV sessions and you might see them back.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »

Greetings Kind Sir,

We-I do not want new feature nor any special treatment in this thread. All that we ask for is a FIX for a BUG. As you see there are black haired Altmer in the game and there are ones in the promotional materials.
    Yusuf wrote: »
    that is right Mister @Yusuf !
    It should become one of the ZOS highest priorities to fix a bug that casts shadow upon their advertisement. I fully agree with you, wandering around the map, seeing npcs having your favourite hair colour is a constant reminder that such small bug has not been fixed for 3 months! What is worse, there is no official response to this.

• Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »

Greetings Kind Sir,

We-I do not want new feature nor any special treatment in this thread. All that we ask for is a FIX for a BUG. As you see there are black haired Altmer in the game and there are ones in the promotional materials.

Now you got a bug problem? Maybe there is a louse plague in Grathwood.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭

Now you got a bug problem? Maybe there is a louse plague in Grathwood.
    it is the bug problem since the beginning of this bug report thread. I know nothing of its origins but it is a vile bug, one that put in question ZOS' good will!

• Archaole
    Archaole
    ✭✭✭
    I'll go ahead and chime in with a vote as well. Tall, black-haired elves are kinda sexy. And would really look good in spidersilk armour, especially when I can dye that black as well.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    @Archaole
    Archaole wrote: »
    I'll go ahead and chime in with a vote as well. Tall, black-haired elves are kinda sexy. And would really look good in spidersilk armour, especially when I can dye that black as well.
    I'm intensely grateful for your attenion. One thing though, if you do not mind me suggesting: it would be beneficial for our cause to refrain from calling it 'vote'.
    after all, we do not want something more for our adored Altmer, we do not wish to elevate ourselves above other races' players. we do not ask for barbershop and dyes here.

what we want is to simply get this awful bug fixed. as you see, in the game there are plenty of black haired Altmer and so there are present in the promotional materials. lack of this colour in the character creation must be a bug. I would not dare to suggest or Auri-El forbid accuse ZOS of false advertising.

as you see there is no official answer. It is shameful considering size of this bug. three months to fix such a tiny (yet of great importance) bug is a thing out of tragicomedies.
    I would love to create black haired Altmer.

I hope that ZOS will display good will and fix it as soon as possible.
  • Archaole
    Archaole
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we are
    Surinen wrote: »
    @Archaole
    I'm intensely grateful for your attenion. One thing though, if you do not mind me suggesting: it would be beneficial for our cause to refrain from calling it 'vote'.
    after all, we do not want something more for our adored Altmer, we do not wish to elevate ourselves above other races' players. we do not ask for barbershop and dyes here.

what we want is to simply get this awful bug fixed. as you see, in the game there are plenty of black haired Altmer and so there are present in the promotional materials. lack of this colour in the character creation must be a bug. I would not dare to suggest or Auri-El forbid accuse ZOS of false advertising.

as you see there is no official answer. It is shameful considering size of this bug. three months to fix such a tiny (yet of great importance) bug is a thing out of tragicomedies.
    I would love to create black haired Altmer.

I hope that ZOS will display good will and fix it as soon as possible.

I was sticking to lore and acting like we deserved it because Altmer are, in fact, better than everyone else :smiley: /end character

But I do see your point. It really doesn't make any sense to not have it on created characters in the game when it's already in the game The fix doesn't seem like that big of an issue.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we are

I was sticking to lore and acting like we deserved it because Altmer are, in fact, better than everyone else :smiley: /end character

But I do see your point. It really doesn't make any sense to not have it on created characters in the game when it's already in the game The fix doesn't seem like that big of an issue.
    indeed. Altmer the purest of nirnic Lights.

but of course it does not make any sense! even worse, it casts a deep shadow over ZOS. you are perfectly right. it should not be an issue. but if it should not be an issue then how can we call ZOS' behaviour in this matter? I shy to say the words.

all they need to do is to put black hair colour in the hair colour palette in the character creation.