The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    The massive number of bug fixes in 1.1 should be released NOW, not wait for the group-only content of Craglorn to be ready.

GREAT IDEA, Lets not test the new tweaks they made to combat and etc, that way they will have no idea how it will actually affect overall game play, nor see what kind of issues would arise by implementing so much code. IT WILL BE JUST LIKE THE LAUNCH MONTH ALL OVER AGAIN!
    I said bug fixes, you mention battle tweaks .. strawman much?

Fixing bugs like sound/dialog dropouts that affect questing and sometimes actually make a quest uncompletable, fixing broken quests directly, etc. are entirely unrelated to 'tweaks'.

• Timowadeb16_ESO
    Timowadeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ryskim wrote: »
    WTF ZOS, where the hell is NECROMANCY? I expected at least to be in 2014 roadmap. WTF seriously?

The Justice system was very needed because this is a Elder Scrolls game and must be there. Also, you should be able to kill any non-essential NPC, but deal with consequences.

Maybe it is part of spellcrafting? necromancy would be nice but isent it there on the su,mmoning skill line?
  • hasuzartub17_ESO1
    hasuzartub17_ESO1
    Soul Shriven
    Wonderful! I hope anxious for Spanish and Portuguese languages​​.
  • Nick_Klaus
    Fantastic news! 5 days, Thief & Dark Brotherhood guild, new dungeons, Spellcrafting, Racing, etc..wow!

Can't wait. B)
  • Sedlina
    Sedlina
    We still see constant reports on the forums about latency issues and lagspikes from the EU playerbase
    Yet the EU servers located in Europe are somewhere 'among future updates'

Right now as of the 1st of May 2014 players like myself have still 4 days of playtime left of their 30 days game time for buying ESO. With the current state of the EU servers it's pointless for me to carry on.
    I guess I'll be checking back in 2-3 months. That is if I don't jump on the 'Wildstar hype train'

Edit before trolls jump on my post. 100mbit located in Austria (central europe) and during peak times I play with a delay of 1-2 seconds.
    Edited by Sedlina on May 1, 2014 12:33PM
    Insanity is like pie: I love it,
    Sanity is like cake: It's a lie!
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all nice but would really love to see a concrete road map with deadlines for delivery - until then all these things are "some day" which may be never and you can hardly keep Zenimax accountable if nothing of these is delivered as they actually not promising anything.
    Nice gesture with the game time bonus, that was very much needed.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just beware..those who have allready cancelled will not get the 5 free days..

That would be a *** move tbh. Basically ensuring that those who canceled won't change their mind.

It's really not hard to get around a subscription. But I think its a *** move to bail out in the middle of the first month of launch. MMO's are not the same games as Skyrim or halo, They are much more expensive, harder to maintain, and have a lot more fallback.

I know some people just dont want to set themselves up for a subscription, but here is the thing. You dont really have to sign up, you just have to sign up initally.

Set up a subscription, once the first month is charged and you get the 30 days +5, cancel the sub again. You still have those days that you have already paid for. Want to play another month? do it agin, sign up, pay, cancel rinse and repeat
  • Aggelos
    Aggelos
    ✭✭✭
    Wow great stuff I love the honesty Matt I love how open you guys are and generous with the game time! Thank you so much! Love you guys!
  • Coolits
    Coolits
    ✭✭✭
    Great update with lots to look forward to B)
  • sskruizer101-elderscrollsrwb17_ESO
    IMO, You need to look at guild structures, in particular the requirement for 10 members before opening a Guild Bank &/or Store. I joined this game with 4 friends that have played various MMOs together over several years, we started a guild together with no real intention of building it into a larger guild unless we added other friends we had long term relationships with. We are frustrated by the 10 accounts limitation and, if we are to access full guild functionality, we must invite other people that we do not know and may, or may not, wish to have join us.
    I have read other comments from players that have similar misgivings about the way guilds work here and I would like to hear your reasons for having this structure and also whether you will consider making changes to accomodate smaller groups within the guild system.
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    Sedlina wrote: »
    We still see constant reports on the forums about latency issues and lagspikes from the EU playerbase

Right now as of the 1st of May 2014 players like myself have still 4 days of playtime left of their 30 days game time for buying ESO. With the current state of the EU servers it's pointless for me to carry on.
    I guess I'll be checking back in 2-3 months. That is if I don't jump on the 'Wildstar hype train'

Edit before trolls jump on my post. 100mbit located in Austria (central europe) and during peak times I play with a delay of 1-2 seconds.

I play from NL, some lag from time to time, but nothing game breaking.

Maybe it's your ISP?
  • Avath
    Avath
    Re: the lack of UI changes. It's quite possible that ZOS don't see much value in doing them at this point when so many things have been covered in mods.

My experience from my WoW days was that mods were so prevalent, and heavily used to edit people's UI to their tastes that making changes to the central UI was pretty much pointless as they'd rarely be seen or used.

Equally, why would you use development and test resource on things like that when you could use it on growing content and other changes/fixes?
  • Kyrtra
    Kyrtra
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one that feels that there should be a possibility to view all the guilds on the server IN the game and apply to them IN the game not somewhere outside the game on forums? Rift, WoW, even Tera at some extent has those things available. It greatly disturbs me that I have to almost beg ( because that's what it would seem to me) for invites to a non-trading guild in zone chat or to wait when some pve guilds decide to promote their guilds, or to search in god knows what site/forum for a guild.
    If there is an option allowing that, then please correct me and I'll be glad to use it.
    Edited by Kyrtra on May 1, 2014 12:39PM
  • nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    nazgull2k1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    5 days of free game time.. IF you havent already cancelled your account? Let's see.. 14.99 for another month of BotFest Scrolls Online, just to get 5 free days of BotFest Scrolls Online?

Pass.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon
    ✭✭✭
    Nice write up Matt, nice tone and not condescending to the negative comments. Must admit the extra 5 ‘free’ days were a surprise and welcome none the less, thank you.

Lots of things to look forward to and it looks like some things for us solo players to get our teeth into so to speak. With regards to some comments about the first month not going according to plan, for myself it was not all that bad. I played since January on Beta and although reported some of the bugs that did not get fixed before launch I have still enjoyed the game as it stands.

If you really want a bad launch I pre-purchased a single player game launched on Steam last year (it has a big X in the title), for both myself and one of my sons. Now some 6 months later it is still in my games list unplayed since December of last year and at present rate of fixes unlikely to be ever played again, a complete waste of money.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Musonius wrote: »
    Desperation PR move because of all the unsubs and negative reviews. Good luck at the unemployment office.

Please, most of those bad reviews were accompanied by awesome ones.

"There are bugs but the game is amazing"
    stuff like that.

And anyone who has been part of a launch knows that's when you get the PR perks, because with multiplayer games, *** *** up when first getting people inside. Just Ask Rockstar Sudios
    Edited by Fairydragon3 on May 1, 2014 12:40PM
  • matttperson777b14_ESO
    5 days of free game time.. IF you havent already cancelled your account? Let's see.. 14.99 for another month of BotFest Scrolls Online, just to get 5 free days of BotFest Scrolls Online?

Pass.

Guess you won't need the extra time anyway.
  • christianblumbergb16_ESO
    robert wrote: »

Maybe it's your ISP?

Or it´s your ignorance?
    In NL you are basically sitting on the cables over to the US while the EU extends all the way to the east into russia,even turkey and whatnot.
    Just because you have hardly any issues doesnt mean others have none.
  • matttperson777b14_ESO
    Thank you for the Road Map, 5 extra days, and continued dedication, Zenimax! You have my 15$ even if I don't have time to play.
  • mattriddle
    These are very nice changes, and I appreciate the 5 extra days.

What I am most worried about is getting to 50 and hitting a wall. I don't want to quest in the other faction areas. I really would rather make alts and enjoy those stories separately from my main character.

But it worries me to how is my character going to level from 50-Vet10 without doing those factions' quests.

Perhaps if Craglorn can be done by lv50 characters, that will give me an opportunity.

And while I like PvP, I wouldn't want to do it endlessly or for long periods of time.

So that is what I am worried about most, and what I'd like to see the developers work on more. Alternatives to end-game leveling. More than any other issue, if I can't continue to have fun at 50, regardless of what they add to the game, I won't be continuing to play the game.
    Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's your ISP?

Or it´s your ignorance?
    In NL you are basically sitting on the cables over to the US while the EU extends all the way to the east into russia,even turkey and whatnot.

Well the US is their target audience. Sorry, we've been dealing with *** pings to all these South Korean MMO's for years. They'll get you a server eventually, but I agree that personally I wouldn't resubscribe until I saw that announcement.

Your investment in the game isn't wasted however.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking the talk. Good stuff. So long as the walk gets walked real soon.

At the moment I don't care about new features. All I care about is getting the game out of beta state. I'm here for the duration but Z need to up their game a whole lot.

Stop 'thanking' me for my dwindling patience and stop claiming to have fixed bugs you haven't fixed.
  • Kyrtra
    Kyrtra
    ✭✭
    Forgot to add that as to game release...this has been so far the only game that started up in such a smooth way for me. GW2, WoW....even Tera when it became ftp all of them had rather un- enjoyable lags, server issues at start so thank you for sparing me those at least! :)
    Edited by Kyrtra on May 1, 2014 12:49PM
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭

Maybe it's your ISP?

Or it´s your ignorance?

Doubt it's my ignorance.

Again, are you sure that your ISP is not throttling your bandwidth, maybe some architecture designed to limit pirating/torrents, etc?

1 to 2 seconds of lag is worse than even SAT from Iraq (which my brother uses, btw).
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    The massive number of bug fixes in 1.1 should be released NOW, not wait for the group-only content of Craglorn to be ready.

GREAT IDEA, Lets not test the new tweaks they made to combat and etc, that way they will have no idea how it will actually affect overall game play, nor see what kind of issues would arise by implementing so much code. IT WILL BE JUST LIKE THE LAUNCH MONTH ALL OVER AGAIN!
    I said bug fixes, you mention battle tweaks .. strawman much?

Fixing bugs like sound/dialog dropouts that affect questing and sometimes actually make a quest uncompletable, fixing broken quests directly, etc. are entirely unrelated to 'tweaks'.

the thing is they are working on that stuff. It's called multiple teams. Most of the programmers and testers are on these serious bugs, and will put more people on Craglorn after those are fixed. But that article said nothing about bug fixes are scheduled to come out with Craglorn. They are working on those Know while the PTS people are testing Craglorn. Why do you think they wont let everyone on to the PTS yet. They still need customers focusing on the real game, that need to fixed now. Now get back online and FIND MORE BUGS

• Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Nice communication, the only thing I'm worried about is the "class balance and abilities tweak" released in the patch note so far that do absolutely nothing to address the glaring problems in PvP.
  • christianblumbergb16_ESO

Maybe it's your ISP?

Or it´s your ignorance?

Doubt it's my ignorance.

Again, are you sure that your ISP is not throttling your bandwidth, maybe some architecture designed to limit pirating/torrents, etc?

1 to 2 seconds of lag is worse than even SAT from Iraq (which my brother uses, btw).
    I didn´t say that i have problems,i was merely commenting on the stuff that you gave someone else (and i only cared because i have quiet a few ppl in guild with latency problems), you might want to try and keep track on conversations.
    EOD

• Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    •Craglorn, the first Adventure Zone, specifically created for groups of Veteran Rank 1 and above characters

Is Craglorn for Veteran Rank 1 players and up? Thought I'd been reading it was going to be for Veteran Rank 10 and up.

Ah ok I see, went back and searched the Q&A

We can enter Craglorn at V1 but the content itself looks like it's geared for V10-12. (If I'm reading that correctly.)

Will there be any new content areas coming up within the next year that is similar to the zones we have now for those who do not actively participate in content geared toward grouping for the V10-12 lvls?
    Worried these people may feel left behind in lvling if this is the only option for increasing lvls past V10.
    Edited by Brother_Numsie on May 1, 2014 1:07PM
  • stalimab16_ESO
    the only thing that worries me about this game is their marketing practice, after all everyone knows alot people were annoyed by the imperial thing but otherwise it seems like a nice game so far... just hopefully nothing like that will happen in the future
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Not a peep about chat bubbles in what's coming...

Guess we'll just keep playing it as a singleplayer game and loose all roleplayers. It's not like they are the most loyal MMO customers or anything like that.