Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• drakuel1ub17_ESO
    This just reads as a wish list or things they really wanted to do but had deadlines that these items got removed for later. I would much rather have deeper conversations about the real issues and see action on these issues before having even more systems that add even more bugs and half done systems to other not done systems.

The core of your design is "great" but where is the "beef" in your systems?

Why are you not finishing you current systems? Are you saying that your current systems released today was your full design for them? I just can't believe this, I know in game development sometimes you have to discard the depth of them to make deadlines but usually after release you actually work on them to polish them to what you originally visioned for them? Why are we not doing this first?

Grouping systems , half painted idea and no meat to it.
    Economy/Trade system, half done and no meat to it.
    Item Decay/Repair system, not even half done barely implemented..
    Combat System, more than half done but filled with major issues.

I know you have to throw some content to the kiddies who rush through it like candy and you fear massive exodus due to this.. So I give you that and understand you have to feed the mob, but I barely even see mention of these now released systems that are in need of work.

Are you just calling everything a "bug", for me it is deeper than bugs. There is a reason why Bot's and Gold spammers are hurting your game more than other titles on release, you must know this... All games have these, but due to these designs it is worse here by a large margin...

I subbed for a year, given you my support for I believe in this series and your team to deliver a true RPG MMO.. You have laid the found work for this and I know you want this, we see it in action today in your quest lines, crafting depth, detailed descriptions in lore... So why I ask again in your other systems there is no love and depth?
    Edited by drakuel1ub17_ESO on May 1, 2014 1:44PM
  • Valtherion
    Valtherion
    Soul Shriven
    This really shows that ZOS is listening to the community. All the major complains are listed (except for the Vampires thing). Now let's see how they actually are able to fix these problems effectivly and in a timely manner.
  • uncommonnl
    Thanks a lot guys/girls, i've had a very smooth launch so far (bugged quest here and there, but /care it's launch time nothings perfect at the start) You have all done an amazing job at delivering entertainment, keep up the good work.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    This looks very promising, I might even resub again.
  • Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    Ryskim wrote: »
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Ryskim wrote: »
    Also, you should be able to kill any non-essential NPC, but deal with consequences.
    No, this isn't an offline game, I don't want camps empty of NPCs simply because someone decided to gank them all .. this isn't the Barrens .. whether they're 'essential' or not.
    Forgot to say about adding the ability to freely switch between phases. There, problem solved.

Anyways, I'm way more concerned about Necromancy. It should have been available from start, now it's not even under development. Very very disappointed with this, although very excited with that list because all of the things are very needed and awesome.

Sorry that it's not here, now, but that sounds like that would be a pretty awesome new Class. that would also change up Combat and group structure. Really cool Idea, but is a bit of a tall order. Probably this will happen in an expansion.
    That's what I thought too. I was in the beta, under NDA, and there was a thread about Necromancy. I read the whole thread (it had many pages), and 98% of the participants wanted Necromancy to be playable in one way or another, either as a skill line, a guild or a whole separate class.

As I said, I know it's going to be there. Maybe after 2 years of release or even later. But ZOS knows many people want to play a Necromancer. I played myself a Necromancer in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, and I had high hopes it would be a feature in this game.

As a side note, something must be done about the whole vampire thing. I mean the camping, charging for it, and above all adding more disadvantages to it. In the current situation you just have to make a Dunmer to minimize the fire weakness, add some enchantments and you will have nearly zero cons and all pros for the vampire. It's just a bit overpowered right now. I'm not asking for a nerf, but instead adding more weakness, especially regarding the justice system (when properly implemented) and direct sunlight.

• Djursnerb16_ESO
    Djursnerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Very good post. Thank you.
  • cfritch577
    This is literally exactly what I have been asking for from the ESO brass. Thanks for letting us know we're heard!
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    Justice system + spellcrafting ?? I can't wait!!!

Wish i could say the same for Armor dyeing and tinting.

Nonetheless, thank you for your work!
  • iRyuurin
    iRyuurin
    SPELLCRAFT! YES PLEASE!!!!
  • terovian2000b14_ESO
    Not a peep about chat bubbles in what's coming...

Guess we'll just keep playing it as a singleplayer game and loose all roleplayers. It's not like they are the most loyal MMO customers or anything like that.

Of course, I'm a Role-Player and hate chat bubbles with a passion, so I guess they're not going to lose "all" roleplayers.
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    •A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught

This could lead to some... interesting situations with the games current soft targeting system.

*Hides bow/staff behind back and points to player character next to her*

"He did it."

"Did you hear? Some idiot tried to end King Casimir's life."
    Edited by Brother_Numsie on May 1, 2014 2:00PM
  • PapaHedge
    PapaHedge
    Soul Shriven
    all i can say is....EPIC!! you guys really know how to dangle a carrot!
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    Awesome stuff! Keep up the great work!

Many people love the game. Ignore the doubters, people just seem more and more critical of games every year, and forget this game has only just been out a month. The potential is one of the most exciting things in gaming for a long time, especially after reading your future proposals! Keep the faith!
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    "Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader"

I think this could be missunderstood, correct me if I'm wrong this mean, SCALLED DUNGEONS where monster level is scalled to group leader level?

Btw. Nice article it is nice to see you guys motivated :> Many times I'm criticizing but still I cheer for you and this game! Also 5 days of game time show a lot of respect for players from your side so just big +++ here.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gj, lets see how these words are implemented and when.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• christopher_griffinub17_ESO
    One thing gamers like is honest communication with developers. As much as we may complain we know making ANY game (especially an ambitious one) is no small task. Both identifying problems and addressing them go hand in hand and I hope the devs continue to "keep it real" with the faithful.

I love both the Elder Scrolls legacy as well and MMO's and hope Zenimax and Bethesda continue to work hard toward merging the two into something special.

Thanks for addressing our concerns as well as giving us a "sneak peak" of a promising future! You've renewed my optimism in TESO!
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Very cool!

The dungeon scaling will be awesome and gives us reason to re-visit lower lvl areas when coupled with the re-visit rewards for dungeons, Awesome!

Armor/clothing dye..as small and trivial as this sounds...some players (like me) really get a kick out of looking a certain way, feeling cool about the look...It is shallow but at the same time individuality is an import facet to a game like this IMO.

Thieves and DB quests...YAY!

New vet dungeons YAY!

All in all I am very excited for the game and look forward to these additions you have listed.

• giuli
    giuli
    Soul Shriven
    i hope that improvment on fishing mean something like uo....treasure maps?!? <3
    and excited about a pvp dungeon...i loved darkness falls on daoc :D

GJ!
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is the first MMO I played where things which have been on the wishlists from the playerbase actually are taking into account and not just a few things but a whole list of things to make our lives better.

Thanks for sharing this ZOS and keep up the good work, really looking forward to these additions to the game in the future.
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    stop talking and start working on bugs
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all nice and dandy but I'd rather wait and see stuff delivered, a list of wishes is just words without true commitment or dates. For now waiting for the 1.1 patch that was promised for the end of April (at least Craglorn). Also, no Ultimate hotfix, word about AoE caps?
    Whatever.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Targanwolf
    Matt...thanks for the update.It has been painful to see a 6 year effort and millions of dollars in expense suffer through many bugs,gold sellers etc.
    I think the core of the game is fantastic and hope many will continue to give you and your team a chance to validate their decision to continue.
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would love to hear SOMETHING regarding the current state of PvP with this ridiculous DK Vamp Spam Ultimate Infinite Block issues. I wouldn't ignore your PvP crowd like SWTOR and every other MMO does.
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good stuff.

• Greybarren
    Greybarren
    ✭✭
    So where is the survey for selective instancing/tagging based on play preferences?

Roleplayers really, really wanted this for Random RP. Other play styles have value in this as well, as we can encounter others if similar play interests (PvP/PvE).
  • Grimfargo
    Grimfargo
    Awesome look ahead.
    Many features that will rock (especially Dark Brotherhood and Spellcrafting!!)
    A little bit sad nothing about Housing.
    :(
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    well reading the post made my day the stealing part will be a game changer takes the game to a whole new level
  • frosttbite
    frosttbite
    Soul Shriven
    I hope you come through with your intentions. :)
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    with the flag quote insightful agree awesome lol , how about trash bin and to go a bit further after that many trash bins post actually goes to the trash
  • Rochette
    Rochette
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the post. Just what we all needed to hear.
    I love this game and the way you guys made it.
    Please, please stay on your own road. Do NOT listen to all the guys telling you to make this another copy of wow or what ever game from the past.
    You are walking the right way. Keep going and I will be with you