Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Do you think there should be an AoE cap?

• SeeD
    SeeD
    Soul Shriven
    No
    deminshing return maybe but no cap
    Options
  • blaine.milburnb14_ESO
    No
    For the love of christ. If this game gets an AoE cap, I am gone. AoE Caps make AoEs lose they abilities to make the enemy disperse. Don't! It will make healing impossible in cyrodil!
    Options
  • jamesmw_ESO
    No
    No nameplates, an AE cap, no leveling in PvP.

It's like they're purposefully killing PvP in this game.
    Options
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    reggielee wrote: »
    I voted yes.

its absurd to think my spell should hit everything in the landscape, tho capping it at a finite number of players should have been reworked to radius of damage

Really? Absurd? AoE means Area of Effect. It's akin to dropping a bomb on a group. Your not throwing a grande and hoping the shrapnel is going hit something, but even with a grande anything a 5 foot radius is instantly killed due to concussion. You are throwing a nuke and knowing it is going to everything in its radius.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    People who are saying they will leave won't leave. It is just a empty threat. Game balance happens all the time, and this is one of them things that need balance. I'm glad polls like this won't change their minds.
    Options
  • jamesmw_ESO
    No
    No nameplates, AE cap, no leveling in PvP.

They are torpedoing their own game.
    Options
  • dideldumdei
    dideldumdei
    ✭✭
    No
    Stupid Idea altogether. Dont give in to the Zerg Whiners
    Options
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    No
    For the long term survivability of this game, No! Please Zenimax, listen!
    Options
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Stupid Idea altogether. Dont give in to the Zerg Whiners

This change only boosts the zergs it doesn't hinder them, its the ones who like to take out zergs which this affects. The game will turn into siege vs siege warfare now. On a personal note i am about done here i levelled within my time period and I am not happy with the way this game is going so time to move on sooner then i would of liked.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sheesh. The point of AoE is that targets need to get out of the area.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until you split out the argument between PvP and PVE, then a Yes/ No option doesn't offer sufficient choice.

Why not add 'PvP to the title and then it is clearer?

Denying the developers options in game balancing will only hurt the game. Also, it should be possible to enable/ disable certain limitations when in Cyrodiil, for example.
    Options
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Until you split out the argument between PvP and PVE, then a Yes/ No option doesn't offer sufficient choice.

Why not add 'PvP to the title and then it is clearer?

Denying the developers options in game balancing will only hurt the game. Also, it should be possible to enable/ disable certain limitations when in Cyrodiil, for example.

Its obvious this change is pvp orientated, Their isn't many times when aoe in pve will need to hit over 6 mobs.
    Options
  • enigmasevenexb14_ESO
    enigmasevenexb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Very short sighted response to the issue. An AOE cap will just make this like GW2. At a certain point yes, numbers should win, but its not unheard of for a smaller force to win due to tactical advantage over a larger force. An AOE cap makes this near impossible.
    Options
  • worfmasta
    worfmasta
    No
    no just no. killing smallmen/solo pvp instead of nerfing the vamp skills...wtf ?
    Zerg Wars 2
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    GW2 had a AOE cap for a reason, and this game needs one as well. It is a good change.
    Options
  • Minack
    Minack
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Zenimax is working hard to make my decision to unsub look better and better.
    Options
  • CrispZ
    CrispZ
    No
    if this happens F2P is inevitable
    Options
  • Gankdalf
    Gankdalf
    Soul Shriven
    No
    NO. This will turn the game into a zergfest!!

I WILL cancel and uninstall. Period. I'm not joking Zenimax.
    Edited by Gankdalf on April 26, 2014 2:17PM
    "Fus...Ro..."

Options
  • kzeliveb16_ESO
    kzeliveb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    NO

I have a small group that roam in Cyrodiil, we surprise groups with timed synergies. This is really gonna make us stop PvP'ing like we do at the moment. Guild Wars 2 had a limit to AoE also. It was one of the reasons why we couldn't truly enjoy the game.

People will quit the game over this. Please revert this before its too late.
    Edited by kzeliveb16_ESO on April 26, 2014 2:19PM
    Options
  • eckohpz
    eckohpz
    No
    People who are saying they will leave won't leave. It is just a empty threat. Game balance happens all the time, and this is one of them things that need balance. I'm glad polls like this won't change their minds.

I really hope you're just a troll. Calling this change "game balance" is an insult to every game developer out there who has taken the time to balance their game. This is NOT balance, it is breaking the game. It has happened in other games and it has outright killed them.
    Options
  • StormBeforeDawn
    No

It's really not for many serious players. This isn't balance, they are claiming is some "bug" which is full of crap. If they wanted to call the caps what they were, there could be some discussion for the benefits of capped/uncapped targets, but this is just a CYA move instead of balancing some unintended effects of a few ults.
    GW2 had a AOE cap for a reason, and this game needs one as well. It is a good change.

So you want AvA to just be zerg v zerg? I was tier 1 in WvW in GW2, and this cap was the single reason that WvW was the way it was, and the lack of a cap is one of the reasons I am playing here.
    Options
  • chrho83rwb17_ESO
    chrho83rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    From my point of view there are 3 changes required to fix the most important issues around AoE:
    1. Ensure that Cauldrons do not make damage on the same floor level - they are supposed to work against people below a wall.
    2. Vampire cost reduction should not affect the Ultimate ability (or at least only with a reduced rate)
    3. There should be a cap as to how much Ultimate you can gain with a single cast (to avoid Ultimate spam if you are surrounded by enemies).

But just capping AoE to 6 is destroying too many valid strategies.
    Options
  • chrho83rwb17_ESO
    chrho83rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No

Thanks for not sharing this reason for us. Many people quit GW2 because of this change.
    Options
  • chrho83rwb17_ESO
    chrho83rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Also good to see your topic related arguments supporting this change.

Options
  • ninyah
    ninyah
    No
    No, there should be a way to scatter large armies, make sure there is something visual so they see "crap im standing in the middle of badass aoe" so they can get out. I would actually like for a pbaoe kinda deal where the center deals most dmg and it fades out towards the edges, and the further away the lesser the damage.
    Options
  • revcasy
    revcasy
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Please don't do this. It makes large-scale PvP tactics so much more static and limited that it isn't worth whatever benefit it might give in other situations or areas of the game.
    Be content to seem what you really are.--M. Aurelius
    Options
  • Mephane
    Mephane
    ✭✭✭
    No

GW2 PvP was ruined by the AoE cap.
    - Bosmer Nightblade Archer -
    Options
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Devotion wrote: »
    Sorry but AOE cap is good for balance. It needs to happen

balance? lol wait what? more numbers win is not my idea of balance.

That sounds good to me? A army should win. No mmo is good at balance small scale pvp. So this is a fine change.

Just because an army shows up does not mean it should win. 300 Spartans, and 1000 pesants hold off a 1 million man army for 3 days due to smart thinking and tactics. Learn history bud.
    Options
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Devotion wrote: »
    Sorry but AOE cap is good for balance. It needs to happen

balance? lol wait what? more numbers win is not my idea of balance.

That sounds good to me? A army should win. No mmo is good at balance small scale pvp. So this is a fine change.

An organised army should win. Not the biggest army. Numbers should play a part - and they do - but it shouldn't be the only deciding factor.

Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
    Options
  • Kaskako
    Kaskako
    ✭✭
    No
    No to AoE caps.

No to diminishing returns on AoE too.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.