The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• Kateri
    Kateri
    Soul Shriven
    I simply couldn't read all the comments; they're coming in faster than I can read. But I read hundreds of posts. For the Public Dungeon Boss camping fix I'm leaning toward not favoring the timers. But something does need to be done. It seems to me that the proper fix is one that will do all of the following:
    1. Make the Boss fight a challenge that has a good conclusion to the story being told in the dungeon
    2. Make the rewards commensurate with the challenge
    3. Discourage exploits

Based on the above, I don't think timers will achieve that. The best suggestion I've seen is to make the boss fight instanced - allowing only a handful of people into each instance for the Boss fight itself. Everyone in the instance will get a good reward when the boss is defeated. And once the boss is defeated it doesn't respawn in that instance. To kill the boss again you have to leave the dungeon and go back in to get into another instance. Make the routes such that there is only one exit that requires you to go around to the beginning to repeat it.

If you want to farm; farm ordinary mobs. Boss fights should feel like boss fights.
  • Aicilef
    Aicilef
    ✭✭
    So... you're gonne take away out ability to grind for money (and valuable soul gems)?

Out of pure curiosity... you people DO know that this game is gonne tank big time, if you don't get your act together, right? People losing items from the bank, your extremely difficult stores, the fast decline of armor, the dozen Nightblade skill glitches, the impossible way to level enchanting...

You people even managed to get live with the Banished Cells, the first and thus most important dungeon for the AD, after we made a zillion /bug reports in betas.

I like this game (it's Eldor Scrolls!!!) but you people really got to get your act together fast, cause you won't get a second chance and you're losing 1,000s of customers a day now.
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    @ghoxenrwb17_ESO‌

I'm glad that my way of playing doesn't involve exploiting flaws in a game's design for personal benefits. ;)
    Accusing anyone who dissagrees with your point of view of being an exploiter is completely uncalled for. Farming is a part of MMO's that I, and many others, enjoy. I like finding my own gear instead of buying it. I also like being decked out in blues and purples. Camping a boss in a PD until I can get their rare item is NOT an exploit. It is just how I play. I have seen some great alternative suggestions to discourage botters, such as making the unique items BoP or even Unique so you cannot have more than one of them. These have been constructive posts unlike yours. I can respect that you disagree with our constructive feedback on a potential change. But I will call you out when you start calling an entire group of honest players "exploiters" because they play the game a certain way. These people are not powerleveling off the boss or using teleport hacks to get there. We just want to get decent gear before we leave a spawn.

TL;DR: Accusing people who farm legitimately (Not Botters or Cheaters) of being "Exploiters" is uncalled for and wrong!

I disagree. An exploit is basically utilising a feature unintended by the developers for a result the developers wish to avoid. Farming PD bosses for drop is one such case.

How do we tell that the developers do not intend this? We have two pieces of evidences. First, the patch that adjusted respawn time of bosses based on when new players enter the PD, rather than how many players are in the PD at the time. This clearly shows that the devs do not want players to stay in a PD and camp the boss, and instead want the PD to be an experience for players who have not yet done the PD. Two, the upcoming patch that's adding a drop time shared across all PD bosses. Clearly, the devs don't want players to even travel between PDs and kill the bosses for loot.

We have established that the PD bosses being very farmable is not an intended feature of the developers.

Next, we also know that developers do not want the result - that is blues being extremely common and temper mats being extremely common. We have two pieces of evidences supporting this premise. First, temper items are shared across all levels of blues. This indicates that from a crafting perspective, low level blues should be as rare as VR blues. However, since low level bosses are very farmable the unintended result of temper mats flooding the market has occurred. Second, again the drop time reduces the amount of temper mats available from PD.

And so, we have also established that devs do not want temper mats and blues in general to be common as dirt.

Since we have established that farming PD for drop is a feature unintended by devs, for a result (flooding market with blues and tempers) that is unintended by the devs. Utilising this unintended feature for an unintended result for personal gain should be considered as an exploit.

Did you honestly feel nothing when you were waiting around 20 corpses of a boss; did you honestly think that was not wrong and perfectly legitimate and intended feature of the game?

To cite a similar precedent. There was a time in WoW when Lady Proudmoore dropped hundreds of gold, and so a raid group went there and camped her for a day, each member making thousands of gold (a huge amount at that time). They were all temporarily suspended for exploiting.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    I know, how about they just add timers to everything?

Want to log into the game? Timer - one login per week (including failed logins).

Want to loot a corpse? One corpse loot per day.

Want to take a quest or complete one? One quest per week.

Want to mount your horse? One mounting per hour.

Timers locking you out of gameplay are obviously the MOST FUN THING EVER.

Zenimax, please add lockout timers to every aspect of the game. It's not fun unless the game restricts me from performing more than one action per week.

Great plan now they can add in-game currency bought with real money that we can use to reset the timer! Best plan ever.

Edited by Lkory on April 15, 2014 8:24PM
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lkory wrote: »
    I know, how about they just add timers to everything?

Want to log into the game? Timer - one login per week (including failed logins).

Want to loot a corpse? One corpse loot per day.

Want to take a quest or complete one? One quest per week.

Want to mount your horse? One mounting per hour.

Timers locking you out of gameplay are obviously the MOST FUN THING EVER.

Zenimax, please add lockout timers to every aspect of the game. It's not fun unless the game restricts me from performing more than one action per week.

Great plan now they can add in-game currency bought with real money that we can use to reset the timer! Best plan ever.

Brilliant idea.

Name it LockoutTimer Scrolls Online.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on April 15, 2014 8:33PM
  • krashwire_ESO
    krashwire_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

This is quite simply a bad change. This will only punish legit players who wanted to kill the boss a few times to get the blue (maybe two in order to dual wield them). The bots and what not will now just get loot slower. They will still stand there whacking away at the mob the instant it spawns. They will still attempt to loot it. The point of the bots is they are automated.

Legit players will not see an improvement by the poorly thought out change. They will be punished while bots will simply gain loot at a slower pace.

I implore you Zeni, think this one through. Don't punish those of us who want to kill it a handful of times to get a blue piece of gear. If you really want to make an improvement and reduce bots, invest in some GMs. Do some legwork. Really identify the bots and ban them.
  • Elrian
    Elrian
    ✭✭
    Dunno if this has been said but the achievements which were fixed in this patch were not awarded retroactively to people who had already completed the quests...
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many gold farmers qq about the boss timers now, its insane! Good job with that! No more 15 players autoattacking 24/7 on boss spawns and the people that qq, dont mind them, they just qq because their ability to grind thousands of hundreds of gold has been taken off them. Nice news!

You do realize that since the timer is global you won't be able to get credit if you go to another delve right? Are you really going to want to sit out of the game and not do delves until your timer is up? "Hey want to do a dungeon?" "I can't, I did a Delve 15m ago and have to wait for my timer to expire" no screw that. Global lockouts like that are terrible.
  • krashwire_ESO
    krashwire_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh lets add some icing to the excrement cake that is this proposed solution. If you hit the boss that the bots are farming you will get the achievement but if you don't do enough damage (usually cause you just need to learn to play) you wont get loot. What this change would mean is that the bots will still be getting loot (albeit slower) but the player who are whining about people who want to farm dungeons are going to be a loot timer without loot... Neat.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    So many gold farmers qq about the boss timers now, its insane! Good job with that! No more 15 players autoattacking 24/7 on boss spawns and the people that qq, dont mind them, they just qq because their ability to grind thousands of hundreds of gold has been taken off them. Nice news!

You do realize that since the timer is global you won't be able to get credit if you go to another delve right? Are you really going to want to sit out of the game and not do delves until your timer is up? "Hey want to do a dungeon?" "I can't, I did a Delve 15m ago and have to wait for my timer to expire" no screw that. Global lockouts like that are terrible.

Just wait. Once all the people frothing at the mouth for the game to have timers on everything realize that they won't be able to play the game normally due to the lazy pathetically bad lockout timer, they'll be back here complaining about it and asking for a real solution instead of this so-called "fix".

This timer garbage is the worst, laziest idea ever.

If the game is going in the direction of having lockout timers on every little thing, I'll be looking to get a refund on my and my gf's game time.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on April 15, 2014 9:36PM
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    On a more serious note than my last post:

If timer is 5-20 minutes i will bet the farmers are only gonna buy more accounts to counter the timer so even more bots camping the bosses.

If the timer is way longer we will all pay for this long term and the bots will find other things to keep their business going and will lock other parts of the game from us.

I can also tell you that farming those dungeon at high level (50+) is another story. There is no bots and bosses only respawn when a player that has not killed it comes in the room... so respawn can be 5-10 mins anyway. This is also very exploitable by having an alt in the dungeon just come and go out of the room without hitting the boss.

Please don't band-aid issues like these, it will only make things worst long term.
  • jarrad495
    jarrad495
    You guys need to create a LFG channel thats Level Based as your Group finder is lacking. IM VR10 and have been for a Day its very difficult to find guys to raid with as there is no major city to get a Pick up group together. Unless your spamming in cyrodiil which people dont like as there in there to do AvA.

I suggest that your can que for multiple dungeons at once instead of just one. Also a /who within your zone your in would be good too as you can see who is actually in the zone your in.
  • Kellhus
    Kellhus
    ✭✭
    Not a single mention of Motes in the Moonlight -- not even a pat on head "we're aware of the problem gating literally 100's of AD players from content"?

Oh, but thank god people can't farm public dungeons now.. that was sure a priority fix what with everyone dying to buy blues from each other.
    Edited by Kellhus on April 16, 2014 12:59AM
  • johnwiardab16_ESO
    What about all the bugs with the nightblade skill tree like haste not working on bows?
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to define the word retroactive. Am I getting my lost items back or not. It's a simple question. Yes, then I keep playing. No, then i'm done playing, unsubscribing, uninstalling, and getting to work on the most hate filled 0/10 metacritic review to ever see the light of day.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • DrJawaPhD
    DrJawaPhD
    I thought they were supposed to be fixing the public dungeon boss camping? I'm still getting full loot every respawn and there are still the same 10+ bots camping the dungeon that were here last night and the night before that
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    DrJawaPhD wrote: »
    I thought they were supposed to be fixing the public dungeon boss camping? I'm still getting full loot every respawn and there are still the same 10+ bots camping the dungeon that were here last night and the night before that

This forum post is about upcoming patches. It's things they're working on and plan to change soon.
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So the "God of Schemes" required quest to advance to vetern areas is not a "HOT Issue". WTF? This should be a priotiry, as it is game breaking.
  • DrJawaPhD
    DrJawaPhD
    This forum post is about upcoming patches. It's things they're working on and plan to change soon.

Oh so didn't go thru yet? I saw there was an update downloaded today and figured it was a patch

• JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    DrJawaPhD wrote: »

Oh so didn't go thru yet? I saw there was an update downloaded today and figured it was a patch

Yeah there was a patch, but it was mostly some quest bugs being fixed and a few other things. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78407/patch-notes-v1-0-3#latest :)
  • wolfguard101
    wolfguard101
    ✭✭✭
    Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

I am very concerned by the wording of this as it basically say we hope to fix the problem so it wont happen anymore but tough luck if like me you lost bank slots and gold stored therein which I would estimate if I include the price to upgrade bank slots as around 100k... what happened to it?
    Are you guys the farmers spamming chat and sold it elsewhere...

Simple fix for those out of pocket will be to send us the mssing amount via ingame mail if you cant put it back onto one of the characters or into the bank. At least then we will see some progress and you can work on missing items. I am sure there will be some ingame log that would show how much we lost so no-one make extravagant claims ...

Until it went missing I never kept an exact figure of what was in there I just deposited it as I could for the use of alts to buy bag upgrades and gear as they levelled. I do now write down what amount I have everytime I log off or swap to another character. Not exactly something I expected to be doing.

I have mentioned this in another post but if Blizzard can restore a character with his full inventory and bank intact after my son deleted nearly a year ago and that games engine is 8years old how come you cant replace a few missing items and fix such major issue as this...

A bugged quest is annoying but the inability to be able to use the already inadequate banking system makes the game pointless. Sadly I have now cancelled my subscription and it is all down to the lack of assistance or progress in fixing this issue.
    Edited by wolfguard101 on April 16, 2014 5:32AM
  • lost_boy
    lost_boy
    Also, what about the nightblade abilities. I love the nightblade and don't want to reroll. Fix those too! Please!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/233bz5/apparently_the_nightblade_haste_skill_doesnt/
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    You need to define the word retroactive. Am I getting my lost items back or not. It's a simple question. Yes, then I keep playing. No, then i'm done playing, unsubscribing, uninstalling, and getting to work on the most hate filled 0/10 metacritic review to ever see the light of day.
    As I understand it, this means lost items won't reappear automatically when the issue is fixed. However, the devs are manually trying to return items to everyone who has submitted a report ticket on this issue based on their character's item history. Since it's occurring manually, and there are loads of affected players, it will take some time. But I imagine they won't start returning items until after the issue itself is fixed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    All I want for the upcoming patch is for a competent developer to verify the files between the patcher and client updates are working/correct for a change.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asava wrote: »
    All I want for the upcoming patch is for a competent developer to verify the files between the patcher and client updates are working/correct for a change.
    What happened? It patched fine for me...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed how the farmers dare to post on public forums... Surely they have grown bolder over the years, man.

You want to collect "special" loot once?... On a L8 Boss? Gear that you will outlevel in like 5 hours? Lets use some demographics here... If there were such ammount of "collectors" on ESO... Why I see camped ONLY "Bosses" a single player can kill and not the Outworld ones that require a group? They also contain "special loot" to collect... Why I don't see swarms of players there?

Don't be fooled by dialectics... ESO offers all that and certain players already voted with their actions (It's what did happen after PvP XP nerfs, for example... Some ppl is that naive... They think that coming to complain to forums will speak louder than what Devs are seeing ingame on how some mechanics are used by certain players).

They claim that want to do this or that... But when freedom of choice is offered... They pileup on the trivial to kill bosses to gather 1 particular piece of loot they are already outleveling as many times per hour as possible... Hilarious.

That's why Devs shouldn't spend more resources than necesary on addressing this... The problem are the players, the sooner they get rid of them, the better. The ONLY tweak needed, as I already posted, is to be sure that loot appears sooner but it's bound and unique so the Real collectors can move faster to the next Boss... But you need to keep the timer, because there will still be "players" that will rush to a city, deconstruct and then return to keep on killing the Boss... Such is the nature of the farmer.

That's why all the suggestions to make a complexer model around Bosses designed to be killed by a lone equal level character have to be ignored... The game is already providing variety... The problem are "smartasses" that are disrupting other ppl gameplay... Get rid of the "smartasses" and leave intended users gameplay intact... And all of this with the minimum resources possible... The game needs help on far more areas affecting players interested in enjoying the game without interfering with other players, to dedicate a lot of time and esoteric mechanics in a problem that's better solved getting rid of certain players.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on April 16, 2014 9:21AM
  • vnlouis
    vnlouis

You do realize that Zenimax has quite a few people that know how to develop game systems and therefore wont make such an obvious mistake as preventing people from experiencing the content as its intended to be experienced in the first place. So all you whiners trying to say this change is bad for everyone are just grasping a straws. This change is a clever solution to a problem that is cause for multiple reasons that effectively combats all of them. Good job Zenimax, keep up the good work. :D
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize that since the timer is global you won't be able to get credit if you go to another delve right?

You do realize that timer is only affecting loot... And only the loot of public bosses?

I know, I know... For some players distinguishing loot rights from kill credit is hard... And thinking into spending some time into a group to get a reward is even harder.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on April 16, 2014 9:40AM
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    vnlouis wrote: »

You do realize that Zenimax has quite a few people that know how to develop game systems and therefore wont make such an obvious mistake as preventing people from experiencing the content as its intended to be experienced in the first place. So all you whiners trying to say this change is bad for everyone are just grasping a straws. This change is a clever solution to a problem that is cause for multiple reasons that effectively combats all of them. Good job Zenimax, keep up the good work. :D

If they know how to design game systems, why does it happen in the first place?
    Why should i believe that this fix is one?
    In my opinion this timer will not solve anything, not farming, not botting.

How hard would it have been to predict that in open dugeons, with an easy boss that drops good loot, with a shared loot system and a short respawn timer, people would farm it? Especially if i design gold to be scarce and crafting materials too.

These same people, who could not predict this, come up with the glorious idea of lock out timers for single player content. The easiest solution maybe, but surely not the best, not even good.

• Grold
    Grold
    cymatt wrote: »
    I missed the Quest: Motes in the Moonlight in your List, its a hard progress Block plz fix this too ...
    this is one of the essential quest to complete the main chain in reapers march and is till not fixed with like 20/30 players waiting at that shrine everyday, you should really focus on that